How to show items and assigned taxes

Our taxes collected are lower than they should be based on our sales.  In
random checks of inventory items, some have come up without taxes, where
there should be taxes.  I'm looking for a suggestion on how to determine
which items have which taxes assigned, without having to go through each item
individually.

Thanks
0
Christa (4)
2/15/2006 9:35:29 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Christa,

SO Manager --> Wizards menu --> Inventory Wizards --> Task 170 Assign Item
Tax, press the All button click Next then Finish. You can sort each column by
clicking on the corresponding column header. This will also allow you to make
mass Item Tax changes.
A trick, if all items are supposed to have the same Item Tax then right
click on of the rows under New Item Tax and choose Copy then right click
again and choose Paste to all rows. This will assign the copied Item Tax to
all items in the Workpad.
If the Item tax is grouped by Department or Category you can selectively
display only those Dept and Cat by Cancelling and re-running the Wizard and
putting a check mark beside the desired Dept or Cat.
When you are all done press the Commit button.

Be sure to do a backup before making any mass changes to your database.

Rob

"Christa" wrote:

> Our taxes collected are lower than they should be based on our sales.  In
> random checks of inventory items, some have come up without taxes, where
> there should be taxes.  I'm looking for a suggestion on how to determine
> which items have which taxes assigned, without having to go through each item
> individually.
>
> Thanks
0
rob242 (534)
2/15/2006 9:56:28 PM
Hi Rob - sorry, I should have included more information.  We're running HQ
(RMS 1.2) so all adjustments are done at this level, not SO.  The only option
I can see in HQ is the Woksheet Style 320 Adjust item Sales Tax.  However,
when I run this, no matter how I specify adding items to the worksheet,
everything comes up "not assinged" in the sales tax column.  The worsheet
seems to default to this, rather than the taxes already set for the item.

What I need is to be able to determine which items have which taxes, to
ensure they are correctly assigned.  I can do that in each item's properties,
however, we have over 6000 items.....and some items have two taxes, some have
one and some have none.

Thanks in advance,
Christa

"Rob" wrote:

> Christa,
>
> SO Manager --> Wizards menu --> Inventory Wizards --> Task 170 Assign Item
> Tax, press the All button click Next then Finish. You can sort each column by
> clicking on the corresponding column header. This will also allow you to make
> mass Item Tax changes.
> A trick, if all items are supposed to have the same Item Tax then right
> click on of the rows under New Item Tax and choose Copy then right click
> again and choose Paste to all rows. This will assign the copied Item Tax to
> all items in the Workpad.
> If the Item tax is grouped by Department or Category you can selectively
> display only those Dept and Cat by Cancelling and re-running the Wizard and
> putting a check mark beside the desired Dept or Cat.
> When you are all done press the Commit button.
>
> Be sure to do a backup before making any mass changes to your database.
>
> Rob
>
> "Christa" wrote:
>
> > Our taxes collected are lower than they should be based on our sales.  In
> > random checks of inventory items, some have come up without taxes, where
> > there should be taxes.  I'm looking for a suggestion on how to determine
> > which items have which taxes assigned, without having to go through each item
> > individually.
> >
> > Thanks
0
Christa (4)

Discount all items in a department?
Is it possible to discount all the items in a department (or other specified group) in one go? E.g. I want to discount all our 'media' department by 10% Help. El Presidente, SO Manager --> Wizards menu --> Inventory Wizard --> Task 110 Change Item Price --> Press Next --> Choose the Department --> Press Next, this is where we need to figure out if you are doing a permanent mark down or a sale for a specific period of time. For a Permanent Mark Down: Price change method = Discount from Regular price Percentage = 10% Price to be changed = Regular Sale for a spe...

Show a date 30 days out
I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. Sold Date feild would be 1 Jan 07 so the feild would show 30 Days later 31 Jan 07. I did =[Sold date]+30 and it did not work Thanks how about dateadd: dateadd("d", 30, [Sold Date]) -- steve. "KAnoe" <KAnoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE9BDDAE-5C84-4A52-8185-DAB6C3167E7A@microsoft.com... >I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days > for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. > ...

Enter "1", cell show ".01". Why?
Any number typed into a cell is divided by 100. If proceded by "=" the number is correct. What caused this and how can I fix it? Try this .. Click Tools > Options > Edit tab Uncheck "Fixed decimal" > OK Things should be back to normal now .. (it's a fixed decimal setting !) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Yonian" <Yonian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40499CA4-7FAF-42A6-8B19-A90881735C50@microsoft.com... > Any number typed into a cell is divided by 100. > If p...

Dates in fomula showing as whole number

Delivery Options Does Not Show Up.
I need to setup an alternative recipient to one of my mailboxes but I can't seem to find the Delivery Options Button under "Exchange Advanced" tab of ADU&C. I can only see three options: Custom Attributes ILS Settings Mailbox Rights What am I missing. It should be there. Thanks for your time Percy it's on the Exchange General tab... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Percy" <Percy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:845C7BCF-BB5B-4E56-9CB6-5C05F32F3A9E@microsoft.com... >I need to setup an alternative recipient to one of my mailboxes but ...

XL 2007: How to find out what keyboard shortcuts I've assigned to macros?
Over the years, I've recorded and written a lot of macros. (Probably time to take a week or two and go over them and delete at least half!) I assigned a keyboard shortcut to a lot of them. I seem to remember that before XL 2007, there was a keyboard organizer that I could go through and review what shortcuts I had already assigned to my macros. I can't find that in 2007, though. Is there an easy way to generate a list of all my keyboard assignments and what macros they go to? Ed I don't recall ever seeing any such keyboard organizer in 2007. Canned from a prev...

Copy Matrix Items
I am afraid I know the answer to this already but here goes- I have a prospective shoe store customer who receives as many as 500 pairs of shoes in a lot. Most of the time 50% or more of these shoes have not been stocked before and they don't know what the shoes will be until they get the lot. Because of the nature of shoes they need the ability to quickly enter in the assorted sizes and colors in a run of Men's, Women's, Children's etc. While the New Item Wizard for a Matrix Item works well the customer would like to not have to enter in the size runs each time since they a...

Can I show server name instead of drive letter?
When using the =Cell("filename") function, I would like to show the actual server instead of a drive letter because the letter is dependent on where the server is mapped and not all users have the same mapping. Is this possible? Try using: \\ServerName\drive\... where ServerName is the name of the server and drive is the appropriate drive, and then find the file on the drive from that point. "bfant" wrote: > When using the =Cell("filename") function, I would like to show the actual > server instead of a drive letter because the letter is dependent on...

"Can't copy the items. You don't have permission ..."
I use OL 2003, latest service pack,etc. My PST file is about 1.2 GB and is Unicode-compatible. Lately Outlook shuts down suddenly without warning, and I have left checked the box to restart Outlook automatically. This is a big annoyance. However, in the last 2-3 days, I'm seeing a new kind of problem. I can't delete or move messages from mail folders. I get the message that is in the subject line, and the balance of this message is: ... to create an entry in this folder. Right-click the folder and then click Properties to check your permissions for the folder. See the folder o...

Highlight color for selected items
How can I find out what color is used for highlighting selected items (for example in Windows Explorer)on a users computer? Normally it is a blue color, but a user can change that. "Urban Olars" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:071c01c3c941$3db2c890$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How can I find out what color is used for highlighting > selected items (for example in Windows Explorer)on a users > computer? > Normally it is a blue color, but a user can change that. See if it's GetSysColor/COLOR_HIGHLIGHT. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] Take a ...

CRM 3.0
Folks Any way that we can assign leads / opportunities / other entities to teams rather than individuals? All the best Hany Hi Hany, Team ownership is not supported in CRM 3.0. Could you describe your scenario, and maybe we could provide some alternatives? Thanks -- Jay Grewal Microsoft Dynamics CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. "Electronic Workplace" <info@electronicworkplace.LoseThisBit.com> wrote in message news:O0cfzAT$FHA.140@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Folks > > Any way that we can assign leads /...

Need Help With GP Item Pricing
GP ITEM PRICING I need to use “Bucket Pricing” for items in GP. For example below is the pricing schedule that I need to use. First 20 …………….$ 1.75 Next 280 ……………… 1.36 Next 700 ……………… 1.23 Next 2,000 ……………… 1.09 Over 3,000 ……………… .82 So if I had a Qty. of 350 it would be as follows 20 * 1.75 = 35 280 * 1.36 = 380.80 50 * 1.23 = 61.50 Total : $477.30 In GP I can only set it up to do a “Quantity Range” in the Item Price List Maintenance window. Problem is if I set it up that way and enter a quantity of 350 it will default to the $1.23 ...

deleted items #7
Does anyone know what and how I can view and/or delete the 1129 items my Outlook says I have in my deleted items folder. 1 says unread. Thanks If can see the Deleted Items folder in the folder list, right-clicking on it reveals "Empty Deleted Items folder" If you can't see the folder list, it's under the 'Go' menu in Outlook 2003, and under the 'View' menu in earlier versions You can also empty the Deleted Items folder automatically every time you close Outlook. Tools menu > Options > 'Other' tab. Choose the 'Empty the Deleted Items f...

Show picture outline only when moving in PowerPoint
It's probably simple when you know it, but I'm sure there's a setting that I can toggle, so when I move a large picture in PowerPoint, only the outline shows, not the whole picture. This is because the pictures I'm inserting need to be of good quality, and my laptop struggles with them when I move them. ...

one company doesn't show $ amounts in payables for one user
I have a user who has access to multiple companies. The access for all companies is the same. In one company when she goes to Inquiry>purchasing>trx by vendor, the display shows $0 for all transactions. Other companies, she sees the correct $ amount. There are no modified windows and again her security is the same for all companies. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? TIA I am having this exact problem and would appreciate a fix. I have to change users to have the payables inquiry amounts show. I only have this problem in one company and I am the only user in our of...

BP Req Mgmt Lookup should show additional columns
When doing a lookup I should be able to configure the columns that I would like to see visible on the lookup. For example, when looking up an item only item number and item description are visible fields. I would like to configure the lookup to show additional fields, like the vendor name. ...

Sent faxes in CRM 3 doesn't show in history
I am reposting this as I've had no answers to my previous post which is now buried in all the other ananswered posts. Surely someone knows the answer to this??? It's pretty fundamental to what customers will want. Anyone??? ------------------------------------------------------------------- I'm using CRM 3 under SBS 2003. When I send a fax using the "New activity / Fax" option within a contact record it sends successfully. . However there is no record of it stored in the contact history? If I check the fax console on the server the fax has been sent (also verifi...

Sum of each grouped item in a report
I have a form that logs time spent on auditing activities for the Internal Auditors in my company. Each time the auditor performs an audit related task, they enter a new record under their name. This means they could have many occurences of the same function. I then created a query/report that breaks down the different auditing activities for each internal auditor. Management has now asked for a report that gives a total for each activity for each internal auditor (example - John Smith: Audit Prep - 2.25, Follow-up - 3.75, Audit - 7.50). I want to figure out how to do this on a rep...

Showing No. of Pages in a cell
I've set up a workbook to print data with page breaks in various places. The amount of the data can increase or decrease, either by sheer volume or by filtering. I would like to notify the user the number of pages that will be printed depending on the setup/filtering/volume of data, etc. I realise there is the Option to have the total number of pages printed at the bottom (or top)via the Footer (or header) facility in Page setup, but I want to show this elsewhere. Is there some way to do this? Rob Rob Sub Page_Nos() TotalPages = ExecuteExcel4Macro("Get.Document(50)&quo...

Add Item to GP Menu
Does anyone have instructions on how to add items to the GP menu? I believe it can be done with Dexterity, but I have no idea what file to modify or how to use Dexterity. Thanks. "Ryan" wrote: > Does anyone have instructions on how to add items to the GP menu? I believe > it can be done with Dexterity, but I have no idea what file to modify or how > to use Dexterity. > > Thanks. Hi Ryan Please look at the Integration Guide PDF manual installed with Dexterity. Part 5 explains the navigation model and how to work with command forms, commands and menus. T...

Show zero values
When a formula returns a zero value, the zero value is not being displayed. I have reviewed the following: - conditional formatting - zero values are checked (Tools/Options/View) - stepped through my VB code (it inserts formulae based on a Worksheet Change event) - locked and hidden values unchecked with and without protection (this should have no effect when the sheet is unprotected) Are there any other circumstances that result in a zero value not being displayed? Are there any other reasons for this occurrence? Cheers John Check also normal cell formatting! there are formats that hide ...

controls showing up late with ShowWindow?
I have an application I wrote to print some labels to a barcode printer. It works fine, but I noticed that two labels which I hide at design time and then show just prior to printing with WriteFile, act a bit strange. Only one shows up initially and then after printing the other one shows up. I got around this by putting them in the printing loop which loops through all the files though I did not really want to do it that way. Even when I do it this way though the one label loses its sunken property until printing is completed. Any ideas why and how I can fix this. For the time ...

My Device detects as MTP(auto play pops up too) and WMP11 opens,but does not show the device in the Sync Tab
I have a device which when connected to the Windows XP host ( with Service Pack 3 and WMP11 installed), would result in the auto play option coming up asking how to open"View files,Open with Windows Media player to sync) and when I select the WMP option, WMP11 opens up but the device is not listed in the Sync tab. On further fiddling, what i see if i set the following keys in the registry under HKLM\SYSTEM \currentcontrolset\enum\usb\vid_xxx&pid_xxx\xxx\Device Parameters ( here xxx refers to vid,pid and the serialnumber values which are irrelevant here): EnableLegacySupport...

Return address of first item in a range
I'm sure there must be a simple solution for this I cannot think of. I am looking for a formula that will return the value of the first item in an input range. For example, I want to put a formula in cell A10 that will return the first item that is input in the range Range A1:A9 (not nesessarily the first cell). If A4=200, A7=150 and all other cells are empty, the formula should return 200 (the first item in the column). Thanks for your assistance. Ashley Ashley, One way is to use the array formula (entered with Ctrl-Shift-Enter): =INDIRECT("A"&MIN(IF(A1:A9<...

Assign a value to a cell
I'll apreciate your help with this in A1 i have a value in days that is used to make several calculations but I need it to change if a specific condition is given something lik this: A1=300 If b1<a1 then a1=b1 where b1 is a value calculated somewhere else. Thank you for your help. Rodolf -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following formula in A1: =MIN(B1,300) Frank > I'll apreciate your help with this > > in A1 i have a value in days that is used to make several > calculations, but I need it to change if a specific condition is > giv...