How to Set Remember List Sorts in HQ Manager

How do you tell HQ Manager to remember List Sorts?

I can't find any where to set HQ manager to remember Lists Sorts. To
remember how you searched for a customer or Inventory Item.

I know it is possible in SO Manager is not available in HQ?

Thanks
0
DDowningMO (76)
12/22/2007 12:07:02 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Just bumping this thread to try to get a Microsoft MSFT Monitor to answer it.
--
HQ 2.0 / RMS 2.0
4 Lanes, 4 Back Office

"DDowningMO" wrote:

> How do you tell HQ Manager to remember List Sorts?
>
> I can't find any where to set HQ manager to remember Lists Sorts. To
> remember how you searched for a customer or Inventory Item.
>
> I know it is possible in SO Manager is not available in HQ?
>

> Thanks
0
DDowningMO (76)
1/24/2008 10:57:17 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_149FCE3F

Good morning,

Thank you for posting your list sorting question.

NOTE: I understand you are working on changing your email address to be
modified; but your posts are still not showing up as coming from a managed
customer. This may be because the flagging is done when the post is made;
and old posts will not show up as managed if an email address is changed.
When you get a chance can you please post a new message as a test.

In regards to your question there is no "Remember list sorts" option in
Store Operations. The option that can be set is "Don't remember list sorts"
(SO Manager | File | Configuration | Options | General Options).

In Headquarters there is no "Don't remember list sorts" option; however in
testing on build 2.0.0114 it appears that Headquarters does remember list
sorting.

Can you please let me know:

1. Where are you not seeing the lists sorted as they were the last time
when looking at Items or Customers?

2. What are the steps to recreate this?

3. What build are you using?

Thank you in advance.

Todd Berger
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

--------------------
From: =?Utf-8?B?RERvd25pbmdNTw==?= <DDowningMO@discussions.microsoft.com>
Subject: RE: How to Set Remember List Sorts in HQ Manager
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:57:17 -0800

"DDowningMO" wrote:

> How do you tell HQ Manager to remember List Sorts?
>
> I can't find any where to set HQ manager to remember Lists Sorts. To
> remember how you searched for a customer or Inventory Item.
>
> I know it is possible in SO Manager is not available in HQ?
>

> Thanks

------=_NextPart_0001_149FCE3F

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Good morning,
\par
\par Thank you for posting your list sorting question.
\par
\par NOTE: I understand you are working on changing your email address to be modified; but your posts are still not showing up as coming from a managed customer. This may be because the flagging is done when the post is made; and old posts will not show up as managed if an email address is changed. When you get a chance can you please post a new message as a test.
\par
\par In regards to your question there is no "Remember list sorts" option in Store Operations. The option that can be set is "Don't remember list sorts" (SO Manager | File | Configuration | Options | General Options).
\par
\par In Headquarters there is no "Don't remember list sorts" option; however in testing on build 2.0.0114 it appears that Headquarters does remember list sorting.
\par
\par Can you please let me know:
\par
\par 1. Where are you not seeing the lists sorted as they were the last time when looking at Items or Customers?
\par
\par 2. What are the steps to recreate this?
\par
\par 3. What build are you using?
\par
\par
\par Thank you in advance.
\par
\par Todd Berger
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
\par that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par From: =?Utf-8?B?RERvd25pbmdNTw==?= <DDowningMO@discussions.microsoft.com>
\par Subject: RE: How to Set Remember List Sorts in HQ Manager
\par Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:57:17 -0800
\par
\par Just bumping this thread to try to get a Microsoft MSFT Monitor to answer it.
\par --
\par HQ 2.0 / RMS 2.0
\par 4 Lanes, 4 Back Office
\par Server 2003 SP2
\par
\par
\par
\par "DDowningMO" wrote:
\par
\par > How do you tell HQ Manager to remember List Sorts?
\par >
\par > I can't find any where to set HQ manager to remember Lists Sorts. To
\par > remember how you searched for a customer or Inventory Item.
\par >
\par > I know it is possible in SO Manager is not available in HQ?
\par >
\par >
\par > Thanks
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_149FCE3F--

0
tberger (219)
1/25/2008 5:00:58 PM
Todd

Thank You for the reply.

Posted as DDowningMO@discussions.microsoft.com, Tell me if this is wrong.

Were are on HQ 2.0.0110. We have not added the latest updates. 111-114
The problem is for Items and Customers BOTH.

To recreate the problem from the Main HQ start up screen,
I click on the Toolbar Icon for global customers and the Find window appears
and has no search fields checked. I check the 3 first options do a search and
close the FIND window.

I click on global customer icon in the top toolbar and it does remember the
search option I checked.

After a RESTART of HQ

Then click on the Global Customer Icon in the top toolbar and the find
window appears and the option are not checked.

This occurs when I have the config set to "Always Display find window for
customer" or if I don't have it set. Also does not matter if in Maintenance
Mode or Not.

On store manager I had this proble with SO 1.3r when the user was not an XP
Admin user. But I am using an XP Admin Account.

DDowningMO

--
HQ 2.0.0110 / RMS 2.0
4 Lanes, 4 Back Office

"Todd Berger [MSFT]" wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> Thank you for posting your list sorting question.
>
> NOTE: I understand you are working on changing your email address to be
> modified; but your posts are still not showing up as coming from a managed
> customer. This may be because the flagging is done when the post is made;
> and old posts will not show up as managed if an email address is changed.
> When you get a chance can you please post a new message as a test.
>
> In regards to your question there is no "Remember list sorts" option in
> Store Operations. The option that can be set is "Don't remember list sorts"
> (SO Manager | File | Configuration | Options | General Options).
>
> In Headquarters there is no "Don't remember list sorts" option; however in
> testing on build 2.0.0114 it appears that Headquarters does remember list
> sorting.
>
> Can you please let me know:
>
> 1. Where are you not seeing the lists sorted as they were the last time
> when looking at Items or Customers?
>
> 2. What are the steps to recreate this?
>
> 3. What build are you using?
>

> Thank you in advance.
>
> Todd Berger
> Microsoft Online Support Engineer

> --------------------
> From: =?Utf-8?B?RERvd25pbmdNTw==?= <DDowningMO@discussions.microsoft.com>
> Subject: RE: How to Set Remember List Sorts in HQ Manager
> Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:57:17 -0800
>
> Just bumping this thread to try to get a Microsoft MSFT Monitor to answer
> it.
> --
> HQ 2.0 / RMS 2.0
> 4 Lanes, 4 Back Office
> Server 2003 SP2
>

> "DDowningMO" wrote:
>
> > How do you tell HQ Manager to remember List Sorts?
> >
> > I can't find any where to set HQ manager to remember Lists Sorts. To
> > remember how you searched for a customer or Inventory Item.
> >
> > I know it is possible in SO Manager is not available in HQ?
> >

> > Thanks

0
DDowningMO (76)
1/25/2008 5:55:02 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_14DEBDA3

Good afternoon,

Thank you for the follow up; and the repro steps.

After closing, and then re-opening, HQ Manager the list sort was not saved.

Since there is no "Don't remember list sorts" option it would seem that
there is nothing within the application to remember list sorts.

As such you would want to enter this as a Product Suggestion:
http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Newsgroups/dgbrowser/en
-us/wizard.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.pos&lang=en&cr=US&type=suggestion

From: =?Utf-8?B?RERvd25pbmdNTw==?= <DDowningMO@discussions.microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 09:55:02 -0800

Todd

"Todd Berger [MSFT]" wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> Thank you for posting your list sorting question.
>
> NOTE: I understand you are working on changing your email address to be
> modified; but your posts are still not showing up as coming from a
managed
> customer. This may be because the flagging is done when the post is made;
> and old posts will not show up as managed if an email address is changed.
> When you get a chance can you please post a new message as a test.
>
> In regards to your question there is no "Remember list sorts" option in
> Store Operations. The option that can be set is "Don't remember list
sorts"
> (SO Manager | File | Configuration | Options | General Options).
>
> In Headquarters there is no "Don't remember list sorts" option; however
in
> testing on build 2.0.0114 it appears that Headquarters does remember list
> sorting.
>
> Can you please let me know:
>
> 1. Where are you not seeing the lists sorted as they were the last time
> when looking at Items or Customers?
>
> 2. What are the steps to recreate this?
>
> 3. What build are you using?
>

> Thank you in advance.
>
> Todd Berger
> Microsoft Online Support Engineer

rights.

> --------------------
> From: =?Utf-8?B?RERvd25pbmdNTw==?= <DDowningMO@discussions.microsoft.com>
> Subject: RE: How to Set Remember List Sorts in HQ Manager
> Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:57:17 -0800
>
> Just bumping this thread to try to get a Microsoft MSFT Monitor to answer
> it.
> --
> HQ 2.0 / RMS 2.0
> 4 Lanes, 4 Back Office
> Server 2003 SP2
>

> "DDowningMO" wrote:
>
> > How do you tell HQ Manager to remember List Sorts?
> >
> > I can't find any where to set HQ manager to remember Lists Sorts. To
> > remember how you searched for a customer or Inventory Item.
> >
> > I know it is possible in SO Manager is not available in HQ?
> >

> > Thanks

------=_NextPart_0001_14DEBDA3

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Good afternoon,
\par
\par Thank you for the follow up; and the repro steps.
\par
\par After closing, and then re-opening, HQ Manager the list sort was not saved.
\par
\par Since there is no "Don't remember list sorts" option it would seem that there is nothing within the application to remember list sorts.
\par
\par As such you would want to enter this as a Product Suggestion:
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Newsgroups/dgbrowser/en-us/wizard.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.pos&lang=en&cr=US&type=suggestion
\par
\par Thank you in advance.
\par
\par Todd Berger
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
\par that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par From: =?Utf-8?B?RERvd25pbmdNTw==?= <DDowningMO@discussions.microsoft.com>
\par Subject: RE: How to Set Remember List Sorts in HQ Manager
\par Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 09:55:02 -0800
\par
\par Todd
\par
\par Thank You for the reply.
\par
\par Posted as DDowningMO@discussions.microsoft.com, Tell me if this is wrong.
\par
\par Were are on HQ 2.0.0110. We have not added the latest updates. 111-114
\par The problem is for Items and Customers BOTH.
\par
\par To recreate the problem from the Main HQ start up screen,
\par I click on the Toolbar Icon for global customers and the Find window appears
\par and has no search fields checked. I check the 3 first options do a search and
\par close the FIND window.
\par
\par I click on global customer icon in the top toolbar and it does remember the
\par search option I checked.
\par
\par After a RESTART of HQ
\par
\par Then click on the Global Customer Icon in the top toolbar and the find
\par window appears and the option are not checked.
\par
\par This occurs when I have the config set to "Always Display find window for
\par customer" or if I don't have it set. Also does not matter if in Maintenance
\par Mode or Not.
\par
\par On store manager I had this proble with SO 1.3r when the user was not an XP
\par Admin user. But I am using an XP Admin Account.
\par
\par DDowningMO
\par
\par
\par --
\par HQ 2.0.0110 / RMS 2.0
\par 4 Lanes, 4 Back Office
\par Server 2003 SP2
\par
\par
\par
\par "Todd Berger [MSFT]" wrote:
\par
\par > Good morning,
\par >
\par > Thank you for posting your list sorting question.
\par >
\par > NOTE: I understand you are working on changing your email address to be
\par > modified; but your posts are still not showing up as coming from a managed
\par > customer. This may be because the flagging is done when the post is made;
\par > and old posts will not show up as managed if an email address is changed.
\par > When you get a chance can you please post a new message as a test.
\par >
\par > In regards to your question there is no "Remember list sorts" option in
\par > Store Operations. The option that can be set is "Don't remember list sorts"
\par > (SO Manager | File | Configuration | Options | General Options).
\par >
\par > In Headquarters there is no "Don't remember list sorts" option; however in
\par > testing on build 2.0.0114 it appears that Headquarters does remember list
\par > sorting.
\par >
\par > Can you please let me know:
\par >
\par > 1. Where are you not seeing the lists sorted as they were the last time
\par > when looking at Items or Customers?
\par > Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
\par > =====================================================
\par > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
\par > that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par > =====================================================
\par > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
\par >
\par >
\par > --------------------
\par > From: =?Utf-8?B?RERvd25pbmdNTw==?= <DDowningMO@discussions.microsoft.com>
\par > Subject: RE: How to Set Remember List Sorts in HQ Manager
\par > Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:57:17 -0800
\par >
\par > Just bumping this thread to try to get a Microsoft MSFT Monitor to answer
\par > it.
\par > --
\par > HQ 2.0 / RMS 2.0
\par > 4 Lanes, 4 Back Office
\par > Server 2003 SP2
\par >
\par >
\par >
\par > "DDowningMO" wrote:
\par >
\par > > How do you tell HQ Manager to remember List Sorts?
\par > >
\par > > I can't find any where to set HQ manager to remember Lists Sorts. To
\par > > remember how you searched for a customer or Inventory Item.
\par > >
\par > > I know it is possible in SO Manager is not available in HQ?
\par > >
\par > >
\par > > Thanks
\par >
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_14DEBDA3--

0
tberger (219)
1/25/2008 6:14:24 PM
Todd Thanks for the reply:

I am a little confused. You said earlier that Build 2.0.0114 was saving list
sorts on your test setup. So did that change for you, after restarting HQ?

Is there anyone out there that has been using HQ 2.0 for the last year that
can answer if your copy/version remembers Customer Find, and Item Find list
sorts like SO 1.3 / 2.0 does?

--
HQ 2.0 / RMS 2.0
4 Lanes, 4 Back Office

"Todd Berger [MSFT]" wrote:

> [...]
> > that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
> rights.
> >

> > --------------------
> > From: =?Utf-8?B?RERvd25pbmdNTw==?= <DDowningMO@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > Subject: RE: How to Set Remember List Sorts in HQ Manager
> > Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:57:17 -0800
> >
> > Just bumping this thread to try to get a Microsoft MSFT Monitor to answer
> > it.
> > --
> > HQ 2.0 / RMS 2.0
> > 4 Lanes, 4 Back Office
> > Server 2003 SP2
> >

> > "DDowningMO" wrote:
> >
> > > How do you tell HQ Manager to remember List Sorts?
> > >
> > > I can't find any where to set HQ manager to remember Lists Sorts. To
> > > remember how you searched for a customer or Inventory Item.
> > >
> > > I know it is possible in SO Manager is not available in HQ?

0
DDowningMO (76)
1/25/2008 6:29:01 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_14FF3EFD

Good afternoon,

Sorry if my response confused you.

In my original test I did not restart HQ Manager.

However, after getting your response I restarted HQ Manager and the list
sort was not remembered.

From: =?Utf-8?B?RERvd25pbmdNTw==?= <DDowningMO@discussions.microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 10:29:01 -0800

Todd Thanks for the reply:

------=_NextPart_0001_14FF3EFD

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Good afternoon,
\par
\par Sorry if my response confused you.
\par
\par In my original test I did not restart HQ Manager.
\par
\par However, after getting your response I restarted HQ Manager and the list sort was not remembered.
\par
\par Todd Berger
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
\par that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par From: =?Utf-8?B?RERvd25pbmdNTw==?= <DDowningMO@discussions.microsoft.com>
\par Subject: RE: How to Set Remember List Sorts in HQ Manager
\par Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 10:29:01 -0800
\par
\par Todd Thanks for the reply:
\par
\par I am a little confused. You said earlier that Build 2.0.0114 was saving list
\par sorts on your test setup. So did that change for you, after restarting HQ?
\par
\par Is there anyone out there that has been using HQ 2.0 for the last year that
\par can answer if your copy/version remembers Customer Find, and Item Find list
\par sorts like SO 1.3 / 2.0 does?
\par
\par --
\par HQ 2.0 / RMS 2.0
\par 4 Lanes, 4 Back Office
\par Server 2003 SP2
\par
\par
\par
\par "Todd Berger [MSFT]" wrote:
\par
\par > Good afternoon,
\par >
\par > Thank you for the follow up; and the repro steps.
\par >
\par > After closing, and then re-opening, HQ Manager the list sort was not saved.
\par >
\par > Since there is no "Don't remember list sorts" option it would seem that
\par > there is nothing within the application to remember list sorts.
\par >
\par > As such you would want to enter this as a Product Suggestion:
\par > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Newsgroups/dgbrowser/en
\par > -us/wizard.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.pos&lang=en&cr=US&type=suggestion
[...]
\par > appears
\par > and has no search fields checked. I check the 3 first options do a search
\par > and
\par > "Todd Berger [MSFT]" wrote:
\par >
\par > > Good morning,
\par > >
\par > > Thank you for posting your list sorting question.
\par > >
\par > > NOTE: I understand you are working on changing your email address to be
\par > > modified; but your posts are still not showing up as coming from a
\par > managed
\par > > customer. This may be because the flagging is done when the post is made;
\par > > and old posts will not show up as managed if an email address is changed.
\par > > When you get a chance can you please post a new message as a test.
\par > >
\par > > In regards to your question there is no "Remember list sorts" option in
\par > > Store Operations. The option that can be set is "Don't remember list
\par > sorts"
\par > > (SO Manager | File | Configuration | Options | General Options).
\par > >
\par > > In Headquarters there is no "Don't remember list sorts" option; however
\par > in
[...]
\par > rights.
\par > >
\par > >
\par > > --------------------
\par > > From: =?Utf-8?B?RERvd25pbmdNTw==?= <DDowningMO@discussions.microsoft.com>
\par > > Subject: RE: How to Set Remember List Sorts in HQ Manager
\par > > Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:57:17 -0800
\par > >
\par > > Just bumping this thread to try to get a Microsoft MSFT Monitor to answer
\par > > it.
\par > > --
\par > > HQ 2.0 / RMS 2.0
\par > > 4 Lanes, 4 Back Office
\par > > Server 2003 SP2
\par > >
\par > >
\par > >
\par > > "DDowningMO" wrote:
\par > >
\par > > > How do you tell HQ Manager to remember List Sorts?
\par > > >
\par > > > I can't find any where to set HQ manager to remember Lists Sorts. To
\par > > > remember how you searched for a customer or Inventory Item.
\par > > >
\par > > > I know it is possible in SO Manager is not available in HQ?
\par > > >
\par > > >
\par > > > Thanks
\par > >