How to round/truncate a calculated number in a receipt?

Hi, I implemented POS in Mexico, and to make a receipt call Factura I need to
do the following calculation that is printed in currency format (xx.xxx):

- <SUB name="DrawLastFooter">
- <MARGIN>
  <BOTTOM>MarginBottom</BOTTOM>
  </MARGIN>
- <TABLE>
  <TOP>PaperHeight - MarginBottom - FooterHeight</TOP>
  <FONT>"Small"</FONT>
  <BORDER>tbNone</BORDER>
- <COLUMNHEADER>
  <ALIGNMENT>">~"</ALIGNMENT>
  <WIDTH>PageWidth</WIDTH>
  <TEXT>" "</TEXT>
  </COLUMNHEADER>
  </TABLE>
- <IF>
  <CONDITION>Transaction.Type = transactionSales</CONDITION>
- <THEN>
- <TABLE>
  <FONT>"Large"</FONT>
  <BORDER>tbNone</BORDER>
- <COLUMNHEADER>
  <ALIGNMENT>">"</ALIGNMENT>
  <WIDTH>PageWidth * 0.85</WIDTH>
  <TEXT>""</TEXT>
  </COLUMNHEADER>
- <COLUMNHEADER>
  <ALIGNMENT>">~"</ALIGNMENT>
  <WIDTH>PageWidth * 0.15</WIDTH>
  <TEXT>"$"Transaction.SubTotal-(Transaction.SubTotal*15/115)</TEXT>
  </COLUMNHEADER>
- <COLUMNHEADER>
  <TEXT>" "</TEXT>
  </COLUMNHEADER>
  <ROW>"|"</ROW>
  <ROW>"|$" Transaction.SubTotal-(Transaction.SubTotal*100/115)</ROW>
  <ROW>"|" Transaction.Total</ROW>
  <ROW>" "</ROW>
  </TABLE>
  </THEN>
  </IF>
  </SUB>

However, when I do the same for each entry it does not format the number and
prints more than 10 decimals. Could anyone tell me how can I truncate or
round the calculation below?
- <FOR each="Entry">
- <IF>
  <CONDITION>ShowLineDiscounts & (Entry.ExtendedDiscountPurchased <>
0)</CONDITION>
- <THEN>
  <ROW>Entry.Quantity "|" "" "|" Entry.Description "|$"
Entry.FullPrice-(Entry.FullPrice*15/115)
"|$"Entry.ExtendedFullPrice-(Entry.ExtendedFullPrice*15/115)</ROW>
- <IF>
  <CONDITION>Entry.DiscountNegative <> 0</CONDITION>
- <THEN>
  <ROW>"|Discount||" Entry.DiscountNegative "|"
Entry.ExtendedDiscountNegative</ROW>
  </THEN>
  </IF>
  </THEN>
- <ELSE>
  <ROW>Entry.Quantity "|" "" "|" Entry.Description "|$"
Entry.FullPrice-(Entry.FullPrice*15/115) "|$"
Entry.ExtendedFullPrice-(Entry.ExtendedFullPrice*15/115)</ROW>
  </ELSE>
  </IF>
  </FOR>

Regards
0
Ximena (2)
7/31/2008 4:46:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Try using the SQL Round function in the formula:

>   <TEXT>"$"Transaction.SubTotal-round(Transaction.SubTotal*15/115,3,0)</TEXT>

ROUND ( numeric_expression , length [ ,function ] ) Arguments
numeric_expression
Is an expression of the exact numeric or approximate numeric data type
category, except for the bit data type.

length
Is the precision to which numeric_expression is to be rounded. length must
be an expression of type tinyint, smallint, or int. When length is a positive
number, numeric_expression is rounded to the number of decimal positions
specified by length. When length is a negative number, numeric_expression is
rounded on the left side of the decimal point, as specified by length.

function
Is the type of operation to perform. function must be tinyint, smallint, or
int. When function is omitted or has a value of 0 (default),
numeric_expression is rounded. When a value other than 0 is specified,
numeric_expression is truncated.

"-Ximena" wrote:

> [...]
> - <IF>
>   <CONDITION>ShowLineDiscounts & (Entry.ExtendedDiscountPurchased <>
> 0)</CONDITION>
> - <THEN>
>   <ROW>Entry.Quantity "|" "" "|" Entry.Description "|$"
> Entry.FullPrice-(Entry.FullPrice*15/115)
> "|$"Entry.ExtendedFullPrice-(Entry.ExtendedFullPrice*15/115)</ROW>
> - <IF>
>   <CONDITION>Entry.DiscountNegative <> 0</CONDITION>
> - <THEN>
>   <ROW>"|Discount||" Entry.DiscountNegative "|"
> Entry.ExtendedDiscountNegative</ROW>
>   </THEN>
>   </IF>
>   </THEN>
> - <ELSE>
>   <ROW>Entry.Quantity "|" "" "|" Entry.Description "|$"
> Entry.FullPrice-(Entry.FullPrice*15/115) "|$"
> Entry.ExtendedFullPrice-(Entry.ExtendedFullPrice*15/115)</ROW>

0
MattHurst (182)
8/1/2008 8:02:18 PM
scratch that, the report doesn't have access to the Round function.  Try
setting an environment variable with that value, and then using the variable
in the report instead:

 <SET name="NewSubTotal" type="vbcurrency">
Transaction.SubTotal-(Transaction.SubTotal*15/115) </SET>
<ROW> "Sub Total|" NewSubTotal   </ROW>

"Matt Hurst" wrote:

> [...]
> > - <IF>
> >   <CONDITION>ShowLineDiscounts & (Entry.ExtendedDiscountPurchased <>
> > 0)</CONDITION>
> > - <THEN>
> >   <ROW>Entry.Quantity "|" "" "|" Entry.Description "|$"
> > Entry.FullPrice-(Entry.FullPrice*15/115)
> > "|$"Entry.ExtendedFullPrice-(Entry.ExtendedFullPrice*15/115)</ROW>
> > - <IF>
> >   <CONDITION>Entry.DiscountNegative <> 0</CONDITION>
> > - <THEN>
> >   <ROW>"|Discount||" Entry.DiscountNegative "|"
> > Entry.ExtendedDiscountNegative</ROW>
> >   </THEN>
> >   </IF>
> >   </THEN>
> > - <ELSE>
> >   <ROW>Entry.Quantity "|" "" "|" Entry.Description "|$"
> > Entry.FullPrice-(Entry.FullPrice*15/115) "|$"
> > Entry.ExtendedFullPrice-(Entry.ExtendedFullPrice*15/115)</ROW>

0
MattHurst (182)

Excel 2003 random number generator
Hi, I'm using Excel 2003 to do some actuarial work. I notice that if a very large number of random number is generated(say 10000), and the spreadsheet is run by Macro for a large number of times(say 1000), sometimes, Excel 2003 will generate some negative random numbers, which is nonsense. Some of my friends told me earlier versions of Excel didn't have that problem. I'm sort of wondering what is going on with Excel 2003 random number generator and if Microsoft is going to develop a update to fix this problem. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Mic...

Unwanted Calculation
Excel 2003. I am using a VBA procedure to step through a worksheet from bottom to top with a for-to loop, looking at the cell in column A for each row. If column A contains different text than the previous cell in column A, I insert a row about that one with text to indicate what the numbers in each cell refer to. To speed up the process, I use Application.Calculation=xlManual before starting the loop. As the loop runs, Excel flashes "Ready" and "Calculate" in the statusbar. Since the statusbar says "Calculate", I presume it really is recalculating the...

Report showing ID numbers only
I have tables set up, linked properly, forms, etc. Since I did forms and subforms, I had to create separate tables and link them, so I used a primary key ID in the tables. So far my database shows it is working - when information is entered into the form, it shows up in the correct tables and all that, but since I used all these primary keys, the tables just have a bunch of the numbers that pertain to what was input rather than actual words. I created a query with the fields that I want shown in the report, and I created the report and when I run it it shows up the correct fields I want...

Fixed Number of Columns
After manipulating data in Excel I would like to copy and paste the data in a text editor. The data should be in fixed format, for example integer numbers should end in columns with multiples of 5. The text is then used as input to an old fashioned program which requires that the data be aligned I changed the font in Excel to Courrier New and then selected a column width of 5. When I copy the data to a text editor it copies some tab marks and the columns do not align. How can I make things align in the text editor? Vino, You can use a macro: copy the code below, then paste into a module...

Picking Random Numbers
I have been tasked with coming up with a form that will automatically assign a random number to an individual with the click of a button. The number is 7 digits in length. Each element of the number can range from 1 to 9. Something simular to a lottery number picker. Does anyone have any sample code that I can refer to? Thanks in advance! Dwight Function GenerateRandomNumber() As String Dim lngLoop As Long Dim strResult As String Randomize For lngLoop = 1 To 7 strResult = strResult & Format((Int(9 * Rnd) + 1), "0") Next lngLoop GenerateRandomNumber = strResu...

format numbers in hexadecimal
I'd like to display numbers in hexadecimal and still be able t calculate with them. DEC2HEX() and HEX2DEC() are available as functions (I think they're i the Analysis ToolPak) but I'd rather avoid adding these to ever calculation. That is, for example, I don't want to have to change every formula "=A1+A2" to "=dec2hex(hex2dec(A1)+hex2dex(A2))". Any idea how to add "Hex" as another numeric format choice, so tha numbers are displayed directly in hex -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com stan_shepherd wrote... >I'd like to ...

user flooded with "not read" receipts from two years ago!
Today (9/14/2006) I have a user who just got about 200 "Not Read" receipts from emails originally sent from 11/15/2004 to 12/17/2004. From all kinds of internal recipients, and interestingly, they all say email was deleted without being read on 8/22/2006 at 8:16 AM. Running Exchange 2003, user client is Outlook 2003. Don't (consciously) have any mailbox management policies. Only thing I can think of is that about that time (8/22/2006) I was doing a restore to a recovery storage group. Don't think that should have mattered, and heck, why today? Thanks for any poin...

how to find numbers that give another number
hi all. I need to make a macro which look up a column of an excel paper and find the numbers that once summed give the number in cell b5 for example!!they could be 2 or 3 ..or 4..and so on!! You would need the solver http://tinyurl.com/4doog example -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com "Rossella" <rossy77@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1145464775.044405.243700@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > hi all. > I need to make a macro which look up a column of an excel paper and > find the numbers that once summed give the number in ce...

can not accses my email i get Error Number: 0x800CCC32
Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs /hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Authorization Required', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC32 abe <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. > Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs > /hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server > Response: 'Authorization Required', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): ...

Exporting As Text with X Number of Spaces Between Data
Is there a way to export data in a MS Excel spreadsheet as text and define the amount of spaces between the data being exported? The number of spaces need to vary. This concept is the opposite of importing text as "Fixed Width" and creating column break lines. Instead, I'd like to export columns into a text file and specify the amount of spaces between the text that is being exported from each column. The amount spaces in the text file needs to be different between each set of column data. Thanks! One way: Say you have 5 columns, and you want 2 spaces between A &...

Add number of days due field on aged trial balance reports (PM/RM)
I would like to add 'number of days past due' field on the aged trial balance reports and sort the reports by this field. I dont know how to proceed. Can someone guide me? ...

Page Numbers
I want to print just one page of my money file. Is there any way I can tell what the page number is of what I have on the screen? Thanks "one page of [your] Money file." I presume by that you mean one screen's worth of register view or something, not one page of a report??? You are going to need to do something like copy it to the clipboard (Alt+PrtSc) and then paste it into Word or WordPad. If you mean reports, then I'd check out Adobe Acrobat or some of the work-alike PDF file generating print drivers. The print your reports to a PDF file. From there, look at the gener...

number of cells
Hi there; 1-What is the equation to find the number of cells in a range which their values are more than 0.0? 2- How to count the number of cells in range which for every 3 consqueative cells are non 0.0, I mean if cells 1, 2, and 3 are more than 0.0, then count = 1 then next 3 cells, ... and if one 3 consequative cells have (even one cell) a 0.0 value then that 3 cells donot add to our count number? Appreciate any help. Best Darius Is this a homework assingment. look in help index for COUNTIF -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Darius" <Darius@discussion...

Odd-numbered Font Sizes When Composing
When composing e-mails, the font size selector in the formatting toobar only shows even-numbered fonts, i.e. 8, 10, 12. I need to compose in 11-point. I can go into Tools/Options/Fonts and set up new messages for 11-point, but when I go to compose a message, it always goes to 12. ...

color coding numbers in excel
is there a way to automatically change the font color for a set of numbers in excel. say i want to mark all numbers below 76 red? automatically that is Conditional formatting. See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CF.html#basic -- HTH Bob Phillips "Mackbeer" <addanUtostable@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:m7f0c11mdh5kc9qhs01tuahgpqhh0f51fm@4ax.com... > is there a way to automatically change the font color for a set of > numbers in excel. say i want to mark all numbers below 76 red? > automatically that is On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:04:16 +0100, "Bob Phil...

pivot table calculated field or item
Hi, my question is..I want to use an If formula based on the Grp colomn value BU (see formula below), but it doesnt recognise the value as "BU", it just returns the false value (value if false). Pivot table rows are as follows SO # Grp Cust Whse SO 311450 BQ BAKERS S 10-Nov-Tue 312385 0 MODERN S 12-Nov-Thu 312403 BU BUNNINGS S 12-Nov-Thu I have inserted a calculated field with formula =IF(Grp="BU",0,1) The formula always returns 1 Thanks for your answer Hi Craig Add an extra column to your source data headed Test with a formula like =IF(B2=&q...

Calculating Dates by Month
I'm pretty new to this game, so here goes..... If I enter a date in cell A1, say 24/11/03.... I then want B1 to tel me what month that is (i.e November-03) But I also want excel to automatically complete cells C1-M1 with th next 11 months (December-03 to October-04). Thanks in advance!!!! : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi GreenMan! First your format problem Select A1 Format > Cells > Custom Format type mmmm-yy in the text box. Now copying across: Use the following in B1: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,MIN(DAY($A$1),DAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+2,0)))) Watch...

Calculate Accrued Leave Time
I need to be able to track accrued leave time, but have no idea how to set up the formula. Here are the particulars: Accrual rate = 4.62 hrs. of leave per month, # of months = 12 I occasionally use a few hours in a month. This year, I began employment in mid-April, so would you be so kind as to provide 2 different formulas? (1 for a regular year, Jan.- Dec., and another for this year mid-April - Dec.). Thanks, in advance, for help! Margaret -- MargaretA It's accurial world! In A1 enter 4/15/2008 In B1 enter 0 In A2 enter: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(A1)) and copy down I...

VLOOKUP bug? Different answer for values vs calculated table.
I recently found a strange error using VLOOKUP (actually, MATCH does the same): In cell A6, type 0.1 In cell A7, type =A6+0.1 and copy down to A25 Copy A6:A25 to B6:B25 In cell C6, type =VLOOKUP(B6,A$6:A$25,1,FALSE) and copy down to C25 All looks fine, but now copy A6:A25, and paste the values onto itself (or fill A6:A25 using Fill/Series with a step of 0.1). My results are: Source data Lookup Result 0.1 0.1 0.1 0.2 0.2 0.2 0.3 0.3 #N/A 0.4 0.4 0.4 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.6 0.6 0.6 0.7 0.7 0.7 0.8 0.8 #N/A 0.9 0.9 ...

convert numbers to text
Using the formular below,what can I do to add a dash to numbers like 25 (exp. twenty-five) while avoiding adding a dash to 5 (five)? '****************' Main Function *'**************** Function SpellNumber(ByVal MyNumber) Dim Dollars, Cents, Temp Dim DecimalPlace, Count ReDim Place(9) As String Place(2) = " Thousand " Place(3) = " Million " Place(4) = " Billion " Place(5) = " Trillion " ' String representation of amount MyNumber = Trim(Str(MyNumber)) ' Position of decimal place 0 if none DecimalPlace = InStr(MyNumber, &qu...

HELP with Credit Card Numbers on Receipt
Hi, I migrated to RMS over a year ago from QuickSell 2000, and have been having a problem with my receipts. Originally RMS woudl print the entire CC number on the receipt. So I turned the CC mask on, as it now displays the last 4 digits of the card. Unfourtnatley I cannot identify what type of card was used (as the indicating digit is the first digit) and my AMEX and DISC cards go in seperate from my V and MC so i need to verify their deposits seperatley. I've tried having my employees write what card was used on the receipt but you can guess how many recepits I actually get wit...

position of decimal point when entering a number ...
When I enter a number, the decimal point automatically poistions it-self before the two last digits, even if I do *not* enter the decimal point. Thus, if I enter 123, I get 1.23, etc... When looking at the format of the cell, I see - general - sample: 1.23 How do I change this ? (This was not occuring when Excel was installed, and is not occuring with the same version of Excel on other machines; I suspect it ahs to do with a corrupted temmlate, but which one ...?) Try this: Tools>Optons>Edit tab Uncheck: Fixed Decimal places Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-P...

Copy/Paste cells containing only numbers with .50 in it
I have been trying to come up with a formula that will read each cell in a column and copy & paste only the cells that contain numbers with .50. I can seem to properly configure the formula to read any whole number as long as it contains .50 in it. I want these vnumbers pasted into a seperate column. =IF(D21="*"+"0.50"),(D21),("") Thank you very much for your assistance. =3DIF(D21-INT(D21)=3D0.5,D21,"") If you truly want the numbers copied and pasted you would have to use = VBA. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 2 Jun ...

Calculate Age in Years and Months?
Hi Everybody, I'm new to excel. I need to calculate peoples ages based upon their date of birth. Is this possible? Could anyone help me. I would really aprreciate any help Thnks in advance Sandra Se Chip's page at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm#Age -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Grd" <Grd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:317233FC-FB13-46AE-A7DA-F1B5F17667D5@microsoft.com... > Hi Everybody, > > I'm new to excel. I need to calculate peoples ages based upon their date of ...

Personal Loan Calculator 20
Effective To ensure you are viewng our currents rates . . Year Fixed.. . CCH.. .. M. PDN.. and the Personal Loan Calculator willfigure out the missing amount Personal loans from Alliance & Leicester. Unseccured UK personal loans with a typical APR of. . Qiuck decisions optional personal loan payment protection.. APR Typical for personal laons between and. Up to years to repay Existing Loan Customers. Loan Calculator. DebtBuster. Loan Protection. http://www.huarenba.com/personal-loan-calculator-20.html ...