How to display Total Item Quantity on receipt and Status bar

I would like to print a total Quantity of items purchased on receipt and the
status bar.
I found a way of displaying them but the problem is that we use tag along
items for alcohol tax . This tax differs based on alcohol content and size,
example a 6 pk of beer has $0.20 tax plus sales tax, a 750 Ml a bottle of
wine has $0.116  tax .
If i ring up a 6pk or beer this would show up as 2 lines(line one name and
price for beer , line two alcohol tax tag along item) on POS screen  and the
Total items and total QTY count shows as 2 when in reality only 1 item was
sold.
This gets even more confusing when there is a mixed purchase (alcohol and
soda) for example if we sell a bottle of gin and bottle of tonic water  now
the Total items count shows 3.

The tag along items show up on the POS screen but should not be counted as
"Actual Item" being purchased.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated

Robert

0
Robert4087 (350)
2/19/2009 4:10:10 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

IE8 and norton 360 tool bar
norton tool bar inop since i upgraded to IE8, norton asks if IE8 is 32 or 64 bit, i dont know google do i have 32-bit or 64-bit internet explorer --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est tomv wrote: > norton tool bar inop since i upgraded to IE8, norton asks if IE8 is 32 or 64 > bit, i dont know Contact Norton Support. tomv wrote: > norton tool bar inop since i upgraded to IE8, norton asks if IE8 is 32 or > 64 > bit, i dont know Forget the Google suggestion above (for once). Just see this KB article; it provides exactly the answer to your question: h...

Question on Returns to Vendor without PO & Receipt number
Our company switched to Great Plains Dynamics from Simply Accounting 3 months ago. We currently need to return some of the inventory items to our vendors. However, when we try to enter a transaction entry in Purchasing/Returns Transaction Entry, in the detail lines we are asked for the PO number or the receipt number. We are not allowed to go further or save without the PO number or receipt number. When we converted from Simply Accounting, all we entered was the beginning balance of the vendors and only the PO's which we expect to receive. The older PO's were not carried over. W...

Missing Title Bar
I don't know what I did. Now the title bar of my document is missing, and the document is in a fixed position below my toolbar. I cannot minimize or expand my document. Please help. Thanks in advance, you rock! Sounds to me like you maximized the spreadsheet. If this is the case look in the upper left corner of excel. You should see a Min, Norma and Max buttons for excel. Below these, you should see another set o Min, Normal and Max buttons which is for the spreadsheet. Click th middle one (normal) to return to the original way of viewing. -- Message posted from http://www.Exce...

Display full email address in addition to Nickname
People I don't know send me emails using their nickname "John", etc. I'd like to have be able to see their full email address displayed in my INBOX instead of just their nickname, so I know which emails to delete without opening or having to press options and the email address of the sender. If I add the column "email" nothing happens. Is there a way to do this? ...

FRx scroll bars
It seems that FRx scroll bars 'freeze' sometime when my client is using drilldown viewer. They have to log out of it and go back in to get them active again. They are on FRx 6.7.9111. Is that an issue that you have seen before? -- Janey Yes, it seems to be a bug in the latest service pack. It didn't happen prior to applying the SP. Tell them to not to use the arrow buttons to scroll - either drag the little scroll button or click in the scroll bar to scroll up and down. That should prevent the scroll bar freeze. Another bug in the latest SP - exporting to Excel doesn...

how can I get the total hrs of a delay when it is greater than 24
I work for an airline and sometimes I need to know the total hours of a delay, and when the delay is greater than 24 hours. In my report I hav something like this: arrival time in colum A departure time colum B result in colum C 10/23/09 21:00 10/24/09 23:00 2:00 and really the delay was of 26 hours. How can I obtain this? I already set up my Tools-Options-Canculation to 1904 date system Format Custom as [h]:mm No need to use 1904 date system -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "El Ixmahana" <ElIxmahana...

Paper cut Credit Card receipt
For credit card, my Epson printer prints (print ONCE) the credit card section (with the signature dotted line) at the top section and the transaction detail (item, price) at bottom section. I use receipt.xml format. How can I tell the printer to cut the paper after the Credit Card section? If you are using Windows drivers, open the printer properties, operations tab. Choose end of page and check the paper cut box. Marc "AT" <AT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6521DCA-07A0-4AD2-928A-0FB30EE95CB8@microsoft.com... > For credit card, my Epson printer...

OL2007+Exchange: Sent items disappear if i move them to another folder...!
I'm seeing a very strange issue with my Outlook2007 (against Exchange)... Sent items disappear if i move them to another folder...! Steps: 1. Send an email. Sent email gets saved under Outlook's default "Mailbox\SentItems" folder. 2. Go to that SentItems folder, and move the mail to another folder (let's say "Foobar") under your inbox. 3. Go to "Foobar", make sure mail is still there. 4. Let Outlook Sync up with Exchange server (or hit "Send and Receive"). 5. You will notice that the mail disappears... ! I did a full text search in my ...

OPOS Line Display Service Object
Hi, I am a newbie in OPOS. I am developing a service object for OPOS line display. When trying to use it through the MonroeCS CO control (OPOSLineDisplay.ocx, version OposCCOs-1_11_001), Open gives code 104 (=OPOS_E_NOSERVICE), and get_OpenResult() gives code 305 (=OPOS_OR_BADIF). What these return codes really means ? In Control Programmer's Guide (OLE for Retail POS, Release 1.6) this is said in page 18, item 5: CLIP --> .... (This ensures that the Service Object supports at least the minimum methods of a valid Service Object for the device class, before calling any of its methods...

List Box no displaying added choices
I have several drop-down list boxes in a few forms that I am having trouble with. When I originally set up the database, I created the tables and entered a few items to be included in the drop down list in the lookup section of the table (design view). I then created the forms and inserted those fields. I have since added several new choices to the drop-down list of the table, and those new selections are available in the Table, but they are not available in the Form. The only items available in the drop down list on the Form are those choices that were originally there when I set up the fo...

How to display video in Outlook
emails containing video display the video as large blocks of text characters. How do I get Outlook to display video and play its accompanying audio? "lombo" <lombo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4EF6106-000D-4710-81D5-3B6D2A0B19DF@microsoft.com... > emails containing video display the video as large blocks of text > characters. > How do I get Outlook to display video and play its accompanying audio? I suspect you're seeing the raw MIME encoding. This is a sign you have something interfering with Outlook's correct decoding of...

Grand Substraction instead of Grand Total in pivot table
Hello, I created a pivot table in Excel with Visual Report 2007. I'm using an Outline Code with 2 leaves : Receipts and Expenses. The pivot table created automatically a Grand Total so that $1000 Receipts and $800 Expenses => Grand Total = $1800. My accountant says $200. Generally, it's possible to create calculated fields in the Excel pivot tables. But in the pivot table created by the Visual Reprot, all the Calculated Field options are greyed out. Why ? Thanks for any help I don't know what visual report is, but suspect that it would be more a question for them not Excel a...

Conditional text field Total
Hi, In the detail section of a report I have a text box that based on a condition, it will be either a 0 or a 1. I want to total the control at the end of the report. I did this in another report a couple of years ago but it is not working now. In the previous report, the ControlSource of the total is = [TextBoxNameFromDetailSection] and it sums correctly. What am I doing wrong?? Thanks. Leah -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/201001/1 Thanks but I see what was missing - "running sum over ...

CComboBox shows only one item at a time !
Hi All, I am using CComboBox control and have tried both dropdown and dropddown list styles. The problem is that I have several items in the combo box but dropdown shows only 1 at a time (i.e. the arrows of v-scrollbar are stuck together).. How do I remedy this ? Thanks in advance. Ashish Got it... Thanks "Ashish" <abc@def.com> wrote in message news:eqRb$LSyDHA.2304@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > I am using CComboBox control and have tried both dropdown and dropddown list > styles. The problem is that I have several items in the combo box but > dropdown sho...

how to insert a item when ListCtrl is in "Icon" mode
I create a ListCtrl with "Icon" mode,but I found I can't use the "InsertItem()" to insert a item in a specfied position,the new item is always at the bottom of list,but I want insert some items before a specified position,so how to do it? "pango" <pango99@tom.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:0a1101c3d919$a04cbfa0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I create a ListCtrl with "Icon" mode,but I found I can't > use the "InsertItem()" to insert a item in a specfied > position,the new item is always at the bottom of list,but > I want i...

Stack Bar Charts
I have yearly information that I would like to graph in a stacked bar chart. I have years 2005 to present Two companies I am comparing with two variables for each company each year. I would like to have the stack bar chart by year reflect the stack of Co A vs Co B on variable 1 + 2. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. You want a clustered-stacked chart: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-column-charts/ http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-bar-charts/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ Sean wrote: > ...

Cell formatting: displaying lat/long coordinates
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4366C.F3FDF050 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Rather than formatting a cell to display time in hours and minutes and = seconds, I would like to display latitude and longitude in degrees, = minutes, and seconds. e.g. 43=BA 25' 34" Is this possible in Excel 2000? ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4366C.F3FDF050 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W...

turning off formula bar
I can't remember or find how to turn off the formula bar in Excel 2003? Can someone help please. This is the bar that displays cell contents up top. Thanks! --Randy Starkey Tools>Options>View tab, uncheck Formula bar -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Randy Starkey" <randy.starkeyNOSPAM@NOSPAMvictorychurch.com> wrote in message news:12kcghhahv0oif4@corp.supernews.com... |I can't remember or find how to turn off the formula bar in Excel 2003? Can | someone help please. This is the bar that displays cell contents up top. | | Thanks! | | --...

Sorting and Displaying data
I have some data, a list of names with locations and a single number. Something like: Steve 4 Boston Mary 3 Washinton Al 6 Boston Frank 2 Chicago Mort 8 Boston I want to have a seperate sheet that automatically lists the people from each city, sorted by the number. I would need this list to update 'on the fly' as new names are added with new numbers. So the output should be something like BOSTON WASHINGTON Mort Mary Al Steve etc. Thanks for any advice... ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup...

retrieving deleted items
If a user deleted a bunch of emails before quitting can I retrieve those without doing a restore? They aren't in her deleted items. if you have DIR configured on that mailbox store, you can recover them by selecting the deleted items folder, and selecting Tools, Recover deleted items from the menu in Outlook... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Brandon Baker" <brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eW$YsTMOGHA.668@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > If a user deleted a bunch of emails before quitting can I retrieve those > without doing a restore? They aren'...

Report to show totals for each day of month
Greetings, I have an Excel spreadsheet that I use to capture: Column A) Day of the month (1-May, 2-May, etc.) Column B) How many clients were in residence on each day (Occupancy) Column C) Total Capacity (27) Column D) Shows a "1" if the Occupancy is 90% or more of the Total Capacity, else "0" The Totals row shows: Column B) The average Occupancy for the month Column D) Totals the times there is a "1" in Column D Is there a way for me to capture this data in a Report? I've got a query set up that uses these expressions: For AdmitDate: <=[Dat...

Sent items from Blackberry 9700 not showing properly in Entourage sent items

Item stock inquiry (GP10, BRL Ess)
I have imported item quantities (adjustments). I see Qty In 106, Qty Out 0, Balance 92. Why I get the 14 difference? I did Check Links and Reconcile already. Thanks, -- TS Are you sure the 14 are not allocated to sales orders or unposted invoices? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Toni" wrote: > I have imported item quantities (adjustments). I see Qty In 106, Qty Out 0, > Balance 92. Why I get the 14 difference? > I d...

Grand total in report footer?
In doing a report, can you perform a grand subtotal of records by a category? For example if you have 50 records of people who served in the military and 1 field categorizes them by Soldier, Sailor, Marine or Airmen (But you do not want to sort by this field). Can a grand total be created in the report footer that shows me how many are in each category? -- Rose So you want to provide *another* summary of the data at the end of the report? Use a subreport in the Report Footer section. The subreport's Record Source will be a query that groups and counts as desired. It's all v...

Display specific area
Sorry, I MEANT to say that it does resemble page view EXCEPT that there are NO overlying page numbers, etc. ...