How to access a category name and code from vbscript

I am modifying the lineitem.html for the status bar in Store operation. I
want to ask how can i access the category name and code for each item, i only
can find a categoryid function, which is in the
TransactionEntry.Item.CategoryID, but can not access the name and code for
the category
0
Raemond (2)
8/3/2005 9:02:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Raemond,

You will need to retrieve the name and code via SQL using the ID:

resultSet=QSRules.OpenRecordset("SELECT Name, Code FROM Category WHERE
ID=" & TransactionEntry.Item.CategoryID, true)

-
Evan Culver
New West Technologies

Raemond wrote:
> I am modifying the lineitem.html for the status bar in Store operation. I
> want to ask how can i access the category name and code for each item, i only
> can find a categoryid function, which is in the
> TransactionEntry.Item.CategoryID, but can not access the name and code for
> the category
0
eculver (95)

Running an Access 95 application
Hi here, I have to run an Access 95 application for testing purposes. On my machine I only have a later version of Access. I don't mind installing Access 95 also, but I was told that this will give conflicts with the later version. Is this true? Can I expect conflicts? What can I eventually do to prevent such conflicts? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com AFAIK, you can run Access 95 and other versions of Access on the same machine without any problems (other than the fact that Access 95 was probably the worst version of Access ever released...) Just make sure you ins...

Access SMS
I want to send text messages via Access. I know that I need a provider that part I have. The problem is what do I put behind the comand button in order to do this. And can I have this happen automatically, lets say hourly or every half hour if I so desire. Any help appreciated! Thanks DS DS, This will likely not provide a total answer to your question, but this article may be of interest: http://accesstips.datamanagementsolutions.biz/ftp_sms.htm -- Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP DS wrote: > I want to send text messages via Access. I know that I need a provider that &g...

Color coding cells in Excel
I have 3 letter codes that I would like to color code so that whenever I type those 3 letter codes anywhere in the spread sheet the cell changes to the color assigned to that specific code. How do I set this up? -- jdiedrick ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jdiedrick's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27125 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=466609 One way via conditional formatting Assume the 3 letter codes are: ABC, DEF, GHI Press CTRL+A (Selects the entire sheet) Cl...

Automatically name a report when exporting to PDF
Hello, I have a form with a command button that opens my report in print preview mode in Access 2007. When I click the Export to PDF/XPS button, the default file name is the name of the actual report within Access. I've used VBA to change the report caption to match a field on my form called PROGRAM. However, this does not transfer over when I want to save my report to pdf. How can I make it so that when I click export to pdf/xps, the default file name is named after a text box called PROGRAM? Please let me know. Thanks I think you'd have to code a command button to...

Replace a spreadsheets named cells/ranges with exact cell address.
I have a named range (A1:A6) which is called MyRange. Lets say each cell is populated with a number A1 = 1, A2 = 2. A3 = 3 etc. In the row (B1:B6) beneath it, I have entered =MyRange in each cell. As such the values in B1:B6 mirror those in A1:A6. That is, even though I use MyRange in each cell in Row B, Excel knows which cell to pull from in rowA to correctly populate the cells in Row B. Now If I use the Macro below to delete the named ranges I get the following range in each of the RowB cells =A1:A6. Once again Excel knows which cell to pull from in Row A to populate cells in Row...

Pivot Table Field Names
In previous versions of Excel when dragging a filed to a Row or Column position in a Pivot Table it would automatically draw the field name from the underlying table, in other words if I were to take the field 'Facility Name' from the source data and make it a row item, the header for that row would be 'Facility Name' In Excel 2007 when I do this it creates a header called 'Row Labels'. The same behaviour takes place for Column Labels. I then have to type in the field name I want for each Row or Column Header. Is there any way to have Excel 2007 assum...

using office mac on 2nd computer product codes #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Hi-I have Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac (Home & Student Edition). It came with 3 product codes. I installed the 1st product code on a mac lap top and then installed the software on a 2nd lap top, which did not ask for product code. Now, I can't use the 1 computer if the other software is in use on the 2nd or vice versa. I tried to delete the software on 1st computer and reload hoping it would ask for new product code which it did not. How can i reload software and have it ask for different product code? ...

How can I make graphics in Access?
I want to have reports have shows me some graphics. Is it possible? How? Regards, Marco Could you give me an exemple? Regards, Marco "Klatuu" wrote: > Yes > -- > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP > > > "Marco" wrote: > > > I want to have reports have shows me some graphics. Is it possible? > > > > How? > > > > > > > > Regards, > > Marco > Could you give me an exemple? The Northwind database has some reports with images (such as the "Invoice" if my memory serves). -Kris ...

How to duplicate a chart that relies on dynamic named ranges
Hello - I have created a dynamic chart that shows the most recent 12 months of data. So, for example, one of my series value sets is based on the defined range: =OFFSET('Dynamic Chart'!XValues,0,3). And "Xvalues" is a defined range that uses the Counta function to show the most recent 12 months of data. The chart works well. But the problem is that I don't know how to duplicate the chart into other worksheets. Is there a way to transfer the defined names AND the series from a chart so that I can duplicate such a chart in other worksheets and in new workbooks. When I...

Access to other users folders
I am trying to grant access to another users calendar and although it appears that I've enabled the access via exchange server 2003, the user cannot connect. Perhaps someone can give a quick rundown on the process to see what I might have missed? Configuration: 2003 Active Directory domain, 1 Exchange 2003 server, sp2, using Outlook 2003 clients in cached exchange mode. Both users are normal end users in the domain users group and other, company specific groups that do no apply to exchange. -- Thanks, Jeff how did you assing the permission, Basically Open the calender you are go...

VBA access to a series, after it was assigned to an empty range
Hello, I'd like to get access to a chart series via vba. This works fine with ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values = "='" & ActiveWorkbook.Name & "'!" & Diagramm1.Range("Chart1_Series1").Value this is a reference to a named range. So, if I assign the series to a range with values I can change the series to another range afterwards. But if I once have assigned a series to an empty range I do not have access to the chart series any more. The error message is:"unable to set the values property of the series object" O...

Memory corruption
I am working on an automation project between Access and Excel. I have read about the problem of "Ghost" copies of Excel being resident in memory when a program is run multiple times and the errors that it can cause. I have read the Microsoft explanations about the two causes: 1- an improper reference that is not fully qualified - e.g. xlSheet.Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(10, 2)).Value = "Hello" NOTE: The error occurs because the code refers to the Cell's method without preceding the call with the xlSheet object variable. 2 - an improper with - end with construct ...

#error when running report in Access 2007
When running a report from my Access 2000 database some of the fields are replaced by #error. No visible error message is seen. Converting to Access 2007 format does not help. They are all fields where two elements are concatenated. This includes new ones were I used the wizard to put 2 fields on one line. Hi Mark, This sounds like it might be a circular reference error to me. Try renaming the textbox so that it is *not* the same name as one of the fields in your concatentated expression. Tom Wickerath Microsoft Access MVP https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Tom http://www.ac...

Standardized Payee Names not working
Maybe I am missing something but when I import a new statement the Payee name always appears in full (of what fits) and without stadardization. For example the line in the QIF file (as in wordpad) reads: CARD PAYMENT TO ASDA STORES ON 2008-01-30 Whereas it is imported into Money as: CARD PAYMENT TO ASDA STORES ON 2 I want it to read: ASDA STORES I have added 'CARD PAYMENT TO' and 'ON' to 'Excluded Names' in the 'Payee Rules Manager' yet this seems to have no effect. I have also ticked the following tick boxes in 'Online Service Settin...

Married names shows in outlook
We have a couple of users that have either married or divorced in the last few years. In Outlook when you enter their name it will display the old name in <> of course this causing some confusion. How do you deal with this. As an example if you look at a user it would be Jill Smith <Joldname> when you enter their name in outlook. We have located this with our AD msExchADCGlobalNames but we feel there has to be some way of handling peoples name changing so that they display properly. We use Exchange 2k3 with 2k3 DC's. "scott f" <scottf@discussions.micro...

EventID 565 : Source: Security : Category: Object Access
Good Afternoon, I'm receiving many dozens (if not hundreds) of errors in the Security Log of my Exchange 2003 server. Below is representative of the error I am receiving, but in short, it is: EventID: 565 Source: Security Category: Object Access I haven't been able to figure out what is causing this, so I can clear it up. Any ideas? -David (Detail below) --------------------------------------- Object Open: Object Server: Microsoft Exchange Object Type: Microsoft Exchange Database Object Name: /O=SRD/OU=SRDDOM/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=EXCHANGESERVER/cn=...

Having trouble with code
Hi I am having trouble getting this code to run at the on click event What happens is the query returns a number 0 to 2 and I want to open different thing for each number I get the following errors with the line intcount = CInt([Qu-countorders2]![Count-O-N]) I get Can't find the field 'qu-countorders2' referred to in your expression with intcount = "[Qu-countorders2]![Count-O-N]" I get type mismatch I have changed the dim from integer to other formats but no difference The hole code is here:- Private Sub But_SelONo_Click() On Error GoTo Err_But_SelONo_Click Dim...

Problems with ASCII codes in { }
hi all I have problems with EdgeCam 12.5, which uses SQL server. So far, 2 signs are being changed to ASCII codes in brackets. Examples are asteriks * as {42} and underscore _ as {95} I have learned to live with this, but then - it can change the brackets { and } too - they become as follows: 3mm x 90* Spot Drill => 3mm x 90{42} Spot Drill => 3mm x 90{123}42{125} Spot Drill The problem is, that some tables are related by these strings. Any idea to overcome this? Sonnich (crying) jodleren (sonnich@hot.ee) writes: > I have problems with EdgeCam 12.5, which uses S...

Access '07
Is upgrading to Access '07 from '03 worth it? What are the benefits? Thanks, Microsoft's Access web site will give you a better picture of what is new and wonderful about '07. You'll need to decide for yourself if it is worth it. I happen to like some of the new features very much. I also dislike some of the new features very much. You might say that I am conflicted. On balance, I would say the pluses outweigh the minuses and there is great hope for the next release. This release of Access and Office presents a brand new way of interacting with the desktop ap...

Access and outlook 11-24-07
when I link my outlook adress book to my access data base and try to enter a new contact information it dose not show up like it should in outlook. It dose not show the name of the contact and it shows a email icon instead of a contact icon. I hope this explains my problem. Can anyone help me please. On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 16:39:00 -0800, summernight <summernight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >when I link my outlook adress book to my access data base and try to enter a >new contact information it dose not show up like it should in outlook. It >dose not show the name of t...

forest domain name
Hi all, Today, I just had a big discussion with AD design team: they propose that our internal domain name should be xy.net and our compnay's external domain name is xy.com. I just wonder why use xy.net for internal domain name and we should use xy.local for our internal domain name to seperate internal and external domain even though xy.net is not registered. Can anyone help me out? Thank you. Hello ed, The internal/external domain name shouldn't be equal as this require additional configuration for DNS. On example is a webpage that is accessible from the ...

How in Email Newsletter to use Hyperlinks, Bookmarks and Coded HTM
I am trying to include bookmarks in a Publisher email newsletter, and I have learned how to do this with creating a Web page, but I have had no success with email newsletters. I would like to add a "Return to Top"-type link in my newsletter which redirects the reader to the top of the same page. Not in a Web site, but in an email newsletter. Any suggestions? Thanks! Start with an email formatted newsletter. Convert to webpage. Using the Insert html code fragment tool, copy and paste (Ctrl V) the following code snippet: <A HREF="#TOP">Top of Page</A> ...

Running MS Access database on the Mac
With the forthcoming Office 204 Pro and Virtual PC 7, will it be possible to run and transfer an Access database back and forth between a G5 and a PC running Win. XP? I would like to change over to the Mac but need to know whether this can be achieved. In article <ea926669.0406280615.7e454170@posting.google.com>, ptfr@pacific.net.hk (Andy Morris) wrote: > With the forthcoming Office 204 Pro and Virtual PC 7, will it be > possible to run and transfer an Access database back and forth between > a G5 and a PC running Win. XP? > > I would like to change over to the Mac bu...

Forumales with defined names
Cell A1 contains the text of the named range, "Sales". Cells A2 through A10 are named "Sales". On A12, if I enter "=sum(sales)" I get the sum of cells A2 though A10. Okay so far. Instead, I'd lilke to enter a cell reference containing the name of the range such as, "=sum(A1)". If I do this, the result is the text, "sales" instead of the sume of A2 through A10. How can I make this work? Robert Ades ___________________________ Robert Ades Accountancy Corp. 12100 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 660 Los Angeles, CA 90025 Tel: 310-571-1224 Fax: ...

missing name box
Has anyone ever lost the name box in the upper left portion of the window where the cell location is displayed? Only if the formula bar itself is not displayed (View, Formula bar). -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "John E. Kruskie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:259d01c427d5$f62cb960$a501280a@phx.gbl... | Has anyone ever lost the name box in the upper left | portion of the window where the cell location is displayed? ...