How do you create an "html" file? #2

How do you create an "html" file?
We need this file to display messages & promotions on the costumer display
monitor
0
Woofy (5)
11/19/2006 1:11:01 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Using Visio HTML output within frames
Hi, I want to include visio HTML output in a frame of another html file. Unfortunately it is not working. I understood the problem is in vml_*.htm files. It is due to, the target arrtibute(pointing to _parent) in v:shapetype tag and href attribute (pointing to #) in v:shape tag. These attributes should point to "_top" and "<target-html-file>#" respectively inorder to work. I want to change these options while saving .vsd as web page? I would appreciate if you can help me in this regard. <v:shapetype id="VISSHAPE" target="_parent" coor...

html page in excel-Open new window
Hi everyone I'm trying to build an html page in excel and it's quite easy. I have several links to reports on that page but is it possibel to "say somewhere" that when i open those links it must be in a new window? Tks in advance Hi Pedro, Hold the Shift key down while clicking on the link. Don't know of any other way from Excel itself. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Pedro" <pcc...

HTML display inside MFC Dialog (Not CDHTMLDialog!)
Hi there, I'm trying to figure out how to implement a MFC Dialog with conventional controls and ability to display a specific HTML in predetermined area. Image that your dialog app must show news, links and ads only in specific region of dialog differently from CDHTMLDialog that uses full client area. Any idea? MRitz MRitz wrote: >Hi there, > >I'm trying to figure out how to implement a MFC Dialog with conventional >controls and ability to display a specific HTML in predetermined area. >Image that your dialog app must show news, links and ads only in specific >...

HTML Help Redistribution
Do I have to redistribute and run hhupd.exe to ensure that html help files can be displayed on a target computer or does statically linking in htmlhelp.lib satisfy the requirements ? "Ian Semmel" <anyone@rocketcomp.com.au> wrote in message news:%23yvQkPhsIHA.4840@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Do I have to redistribute and run hhupd.exe to ensure that html help files > can be displayed on a target computer or does statically linking in > htmlhelp.lib satisfy the requirements ? I believe every version of Windows since Windows 95 has included the HTML help engine....

IDE seems to mangle html 4.0 entities
Hi, I'm having a problem where any time I use html 4.0 entities in an .aspx page (i.e. ™, &lambda, ©, etc) somehow the entities are removed and replaced with their unicode equivalents embedded in the text directly. This is annoying as hell, because all the browsers we support can't use the unicode but can decode the html entity. What am i doing wrong? Thanks in advance. Xavier J wrote: > I'm having a problem where any time I use html 4.0 entities in an > .aspx page (i.e. T, &lambda, �, etc) somehow the entities are removed > and replaced...

Old HTML E-Mails
I upgraded from Office XP to Office 2007 For some reasons all my old HTML emails display the html code rather than a formatted email. I no longer have Office XP so cant reinstall Any ideas? Thanks in advance Dyawlak <dyawlak@yahoo.com> wrote: > I upgraded from Office XP to Office 2007 > > For some reasons all my old HTML emails display the html code rather > than a formatted email. Display where? What do you do to get them to display? How did you transfer the data from OL 2002 to OL 2007? -- Brian Tillman Brian, When displayed within the reading pane or mess...

Help Needed: Can't print pictures in html emails (OL-2000)
Hi Group, I'm having a problem printing pictures imbedded in html emails received in Outlook 2000. The print preview function is dimmed, and perhaps it always was with html files, but I used to be able to print both the text and pictures. Now, only the text prints, and the images print as the familiar small box and cross icon. Maybe it is unrelated, but I recently upgraded from IE5 to IE6. Thanks for your help. -- Pete -------------------------------------- Lat: 42� 53' S Lon: 147� 19' E "What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing" (Aristotle) "To think too...

Q: How to paste HTML source directly into HTML message?
I'm in a situation where I want to take HTML source from a web page and send it to someone so that the email looks like the web page. I can't figure out any way to get the source into an HTML as *source* and not text. For example I want to copy & paste this: <strong>Hi there!</strong> And have it show up like this (in bold, of course): Hi there! Any thoughts? Thanks in advance! ...

Reply/forward in HTML #2
Using Office 2003 is there a way to automatically forward or reply in HTML? I have an autosignature with links to our company website, etc and unless it's in html it's just so much text. I know I can manually change replies/ forward to html but is there a way to set O2003 to do so automatically? Steve Ignots signots@aol.com <signots@aol.com> wrote: > Using Office 2003 is there a way to automatically forward or reply in > HTML? I have an autosignature with links to our company website, etc > and unless it's in html it's just so much text. I know I can manually ...

Sending in HTML
When I send emails it changes everything from HTML to plain text format. However, I have my settings to send in HTML. Any suggestions would be appreciated. >-----Original Message----- >When I send emails it changes everything from HTML to >plain text format. However, I have my settings to send >in HTML. Any suggestions would be appreciated. >. >I have this same problem but it only occurs when I reply to a message. Any new messages are in HTML format. Is there a way to force replies to format HTML? ...

opening links in html email
Office 2000 now won't open page links in html-formatted emails, even with <ctrl> held. Links written in plain text emails will open. Any help with settings to change or any workarounds? -- manfred ...

Word/Outlook 2007 can send email merge in HTML
I can send plain text email merges without issue, but with HTML nothing happens. We are on Exchange if that helps... Thanks -B Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins a...

RTF -> HTML
The format of my e-mail in outlook 2002 is standard "RTF" I want this to change in "HTML". I go to Tools - Options - Mailformat, normaly you can change the format of you mail. But that's the problem. I can't change this. The option is disabled. Anybody a solution??? ...

Storing HTML in an XML file and rendering it in the browser...
So I am quite upset that after working for a few hours on getting an XML file format and XSL file that formats the XML data appropriatly, only to find that if you store HTML code in your XML file (even in a CDATA block), after the XML file is rendered, the HTML that was stored in the XML file is not rendered, essentially put into the page as if it had <pre> tags around it. I know that someone is going to yell at me and say that the XML file should only contain the content of the page, and that the formatting should be done by the XSL, but I have a particluar use case for this. Essential...

Outlook 2000 don't print HTML-Email
Hello, We are having problems printing html email messages with Outlook 2000. Plain and rich text messages print correctly. On PCs with Windows 98, when we print html email messages it will only print the message header and I believe any footer information on the printed page. Best regards "B�lent" <buelent@mynet.com> wrote: > We are having problems printing html email messages with Outlook 2000. > Plain and rich text messages print correctly. On PCs with Windows 98, > when we print html email messages it will only print the message > header and I believe any fo...

Find feature does not work with HTML messages (Content-type: text/html)
I have Outlook 2000 SP-3 running under Windows ME. When using the Find feature to locate all e-mails with a given word in the message, no items are found if the e-mails are of "text/html" content-type. The Find feature appears to work for any messages that have URLs embedded and are "multipart/alternative" or "text/plain" content-type. I noticed a similar post several months ago (see http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=%23qSBYIssDHA.2224%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl). Is there a work-around for this problem, or should this be reported t...

Hyperlink from HTML to a specific Excel workshhet
We have html files with links in them that open an Excel document and goes to a specific worksheet. Since upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 we now find that the link will only open the workbook to its last saved active worksheet and not the worksheet required. Does anyone know how to get around this? HTML Syntax is <a href="c:\temp\book1.xlsx#Sheet3!A1"> LableName </a> Using 2007 I created a tiny workbook called master.xlsx The only thing in master is a hyperlink to another workbook, specific sheet, specific cell. I saved master as html. ...

HTML Attachment in OWA on Exchange 2000

Using HTML in email signatures/emails in general
My boss has produced a Microsoft Publisher file which I have saved as HTML. There are about 15 images with the file and a couple of XML documents. I want to insert this HTML into an email to send out to customers. I have created a signature and inserted the HTML. When I create a new email, this signature and the HTML page is displayed within the email as expected. However, when sending it to recipients with virus email scanners (mainly AVG) that insert scanning details into an email (such as "No virus found in this incoming message"), the HTML does not display at all. Can anyont s...

HTML as an attachment
Hi, I have setup a coexistent environment between Groupwise 5.5 ep sp 7 and Exchange 2003. I followed step by step setup from the microsoft knowledgebase documentation on how to do it. I have Symantec smtp gateway server pointing to the Groupwise mail server and all the mail arrives thru the API gateway. Now here is the problem all the HTML format emails come thru as an attachment on the Microsoft site. I would like the html to be in the body not as an attachment.I did some research on Novell's site plus talk to some of my friends who know more about API gateway. The final synop...

Periodically exporting worksheet to HTML
Subject: Periodically exporting worksheet to HTML Hi, I am new to Excel, and have the following question: Is there a way to have Excel export the worksheet to HTML at an interval of X minutes. I have a sheet that keeps getting modified by certain calculation and auto-data input and I need to dump it every X minutes to a Web-accesible HTML file. Thanks, SupportX. Supportx You can use the Ontime method for this. the code below will run the output to HTML every one minute to a different file name. You can change the file locations, etc to suit. It can also have a latest time to run ...

edit or view the HTML
How do edit or view the HTML code of the email that I am composing in Outlook?? ie. With OE6 I have the 3 tabs (edit, source, preview). -- Thanks Greg See http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/html.htm for a way to do this with WordMail. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Greg" <burgh@core.com> wrote in message news:e5CQHXypEHA.3464@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > How do edit or view the HTML code of the email that I am compo...

Attachments to HTML Formated E-Mail #2
If I create an email that is formatted as HTML and then attach a file, the preview looks great on the screen. But when it arrives in an inbox the body of the message is covereted to all text and (very unsightly at that) an HTML file is attached. If the same message is sent without the attachment the HTML formatting arrives untouched. Is there any way to maintain proper html formatting on an email that has a file attached? ...

Office 2007. Save HTML
I have numerous Office 2003 (Excel) files saved as HTML. I've just upgraded to 0FFICE 2007 and need to create some new HTML files but I can't find a command to achieve this. Has it been removed or am I missing something? Phil. Office button - click SaveAs In the dropdown select HTML and save in the normal way. Mike "phil j." wrote: > I have numerous Office 2003 (Excel) files saved as HTML. I've just upgraded > to 0FFICE 2007 and need to create some new HTML files but I can't find a > command to achieve this. Has it been removed or am I ...

HTML Links not working
When I receive a message in Microsoft Outlook that has HTML embedded i it, the message (all the HTML) displays properly and the <a href> link are underlined as they should be and even change colors when I mous over them, but the HTML links never open a browser to display the page I click on the links and nothing happens :confused: I tried opening th browser first before clicking on the link but no luck, clicking on th links never takes me to the page (it seems like it used to work ?) I'm using Microsoft Office 2000. Anyone know what the problem might be. Thanks Rick ----------...