How do you cancel a Work Order and refund money?

Is there any way to void or cancel a Work Order and refund money without
having to complete the work order and charge the remaining balance only to
then go back and void the transaction?  After all, requiring to complete the
50% balance will cost extra in credit card merchant fees plus it seems like
extra work.  Isn't there a "void" function for work orders to make it quick
and easy?
0
Zorian1 (84)
6/9/2006 9:27:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Zorian,

Recall the workorder | delete the item(s) from the workorder | F12 | Save
changes | determine how much of the deposit you are going to keep, (0.00 if
returning it all to the customer) | OK | return the money

--
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

"Zorian" <Zorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Is there any way to void or cancel a Work Order and refund money without
having to complete the work order and charge the remaining balance only to
then go back and void the transaction?  After all, requiring to complete the
50% balance will cost extra in credit card merchant fees plus it seems like
extra work.  Isn't there a "void" function for work orders to make it quick
and easy?

0
spam3944 (2163)

Creating dialogs which work well as a child of another dialog.
When I create a dialog which is to be used as a child (control ) of another dialog I have to set a 'Control' style to TRUE. I have my custom tab-like control which displays such child-dialog pages and I want to verify that this style is set when the user adds a new page or even set it by myself from my code. Is this possible ? I can't find what window style it is. Thanks in advance, Kamil You might be able to use CWnd::ModifyStyle something like this void CMyTabbedView::AddDlg(CDialog *pDlg) { pDlg->ModifyStyle(0,DS_CONTROL); //add the dialog } But I am not ...

microsoft money #10
I tried to open Money on my computer (version 2003) The original page was replaced by Microsoft. How did this happen? How to I get my original files? What "original page"? What makes you say it "was replaced by Microsoft"? Have you tried opening your original files? (Money File|Open or double-click on them from Windows Explorer.) "DR support" <DRsupport@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB8D2DDB-8EA1-4665-A875-D19A468B19AA@microsoft.com... >I tried to open Money on my computer (version 2003) The original page was > replaced by Mi...

getting my office 2001 clipart back into office 2004 gallery and working
In an archived message it says Office 2001 clipart can be copied to the folder with Office 2004 clipart. I upgraded my Office, but let it remov Office 2001 as it installed 2004. I didn't know it wasn't importing the old clipart, or that 2004 would have so little. I copied the clipart from the 2001 CD to the 2004 clipart folder, and tried importing the clipart "packages". Clipart gallery will show the preview, but if I try to insert an image it gives an error that "file can not be found without user interaction" then it opens a dialog box at the desktop. Is this f...

Outlook 2007 Today's Windows 7 Updates: Selection does not work any more
Hi, I just updated my Win 7 x64 running Outlook 2007 SP2. After the reboot I cannot select any text any more in Outlook. In addition I installed Lenovo's Client Security solution/Password manager. Does any body see this issue, too? Thanks, Adrian P.S. that's what I just installed: Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 (KB951550) Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB974561) Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB973704) What happens when you try? Does it work in Outlook Safe Mode? Start-> type; outlook.exe /safe If it work now, it is most likely ca...

How can I turn of zooming so that users can't change size of work.
I have about 50 worksheets and the employees will be updating there own worksheet. Some like to change the size of the worksheet by zooming out which makes it hard for me to read. Is there a way that I can set the zooming to a specific percent and then no let anybody change it? Thanks, cwwolfdog I think I'd let the other users do whatever they found comfortable. But I'd have a macro that changed the zoom to what I liked -- I could run that whenever I wanted on whatever window is showing. Something like: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim myWindow As Window Dim wks As...

Export to excel from ASP.Net
I have a page wherein the contents of a datagrid are exported to an excel file. All the columns are correctly displayed in excel except for the number columns. The formatting string for the number column is {0:#,##0.00; (#,##0.00);0.00}. The data is formatted for all numbers exceeding 1000 but for any number below 1000 the data is displayed as 1000 and not with 0's in the decimal places. (displayed as 999 instead of 999.00). ...

Money 2004 Upgrade Problem
I've been using Money 2003 small business. When I put in Money 2004 Standard it converted my files to 2004. I want the full small business functionality but now cannot open my files in 2003. The error reads: "Money cannot locate '(file name)' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected." I know the file is not read-only and is not open in another program. I also have the permission to change files on my computer. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do? I'm prett...

Great Plains order processing
I am using Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 version 9.00.0310. At our company we have a need to add an additional Sales Order Type ID to our orders. We want to have a different order type associated with Warranty Returns, versus standard Sales orders. Reason behind this is because of the end result of a Crystal report we need to generate during Order fulfillment. Our ultimate goal is to have a commercial invoice generated at time of fulfillment. But the commercial invoice needs to have different results based on the type of order. For instance, a sales order would have a cost associated with th...

Unable to Open received PO (change to "change order")
Great Plains will not allow me to change this Purchase Order from Received to Change Order: Here is the message I get: However, if I try to enter a quantity cancelled, I get: How can I re-open this Purchase Order so I can change the price??? Thank you. Unfortunately, the pasted messages did not come through. Once a line item is received, you can change its cost only during invoice matching. The process would be to return the item; add a new row with the correct cost; and receive and invoice the new item. Not an elegant solution, for sure. -- Charles Allen, MVP &quo...

how to chart who was working when
Hi there, I'm looking for some help in producing a chart. My organization has hired about 100 folks since 1991, each on contracts of varying lengths of time. Some peoples' contracts have ended, and some have been renewed. I set up some worksheets inputting their names, start and end dates with the intent of producing a graph that will tell me exactly how many people were working for us at one time, based upon 6 month intervals. For example: John Doe 7/29/91 - 3/31/05 Jane Doe 6/21/94 - 2/20/96 Jake Doe 8/2/01 - 4/18/03 I would like a chart that can tell me how many people w...

Problems with reports on Money 2004
I am having problems getting onto the reports page as everytime it crashes. I have tried to repair using the disk and uninstalled and re-installed and it still doesn't work. I am told that there isn't a new UK version available so I cannot upgrade. Can anybody help In microsoft.public.money, Jayne Morris <Jayne Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having problems getting onto the reports page as everytime it crashes. I >have tried to repair using the disk and uninstalled and re-installed and it >still doesn't work. I am told that there isn't a ne...

A/R
Allow the ability to refund to a credit card ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=407d3a67-581a-4ea1-91f3-cd2186c25a89&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains ...

Change order of A/R Statements
How can I change the order in which customer statements print out of RMS? I would like to print statements sorted by company name. Currently, the statements print in some random order....I think based on CustomerID. Paul, I agree. I just had a customer tell me the same thing. They need the statements in Alphabetical order. The current order appears to be straight out of the customer table in the order they were entered. It has been posted as a suggestion - vote for it and push it higher on the "list". Claude "Paul Arenson" wrote: > How can I chang...

Is this a bug in .net file io? is there a work around?
Is this a bug in .net file io? is there a work around? when writing a large file with using(StreamWriter ... if the network drive of the share is removed then the file is never closed. I tried doing the using clause, i tried both close and closehandle in the finaly clause. in all cases if a large file is being written to a network drive and the network drive is disconnected the file handle remains open. when i try to close, dispose, or closehandle it in the finaly clause it fails to close because it tries to flush the buffer in all of those cases. is this a bug in ..net file io? is there a wo...

Money 2004 Backup file
Hi Is there a way to specify a folder in the 'backup' options in Money 2004? For instance, I would like to backup to my zip drive which is drive R. But it doesn't give the option to specify a folder in that drive, just saves it in the root folder. Thanks Dan In microsoft.public.money, Dan wrote: > >Is there a way to specify a folder in the 'backup' options in Money 2004? >For instance, I would like to backup to my zip drive which is drive R. But >it doesn't give the option to specify a folder in that drive, just saves it >in the root folder. ...

Can Money store bill balances?
Can money store my bill balances? For instance if I only partially pay a bill, I'd like to see what my balance is. Only if you create a liability account, record the bill as a liability, then pay all or part. The balance of the liability account is the balance of the bill. -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL "BDK" <BDK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:298D90B7-A9CC-4F60-B598-196D52517C16@microsoft.com... > Can money store my bill balances? For instance if I only partially pay a > bill, I'd like to see what my balance is. See also http://u...

Money 2000 Windows XP SP2 Password problems
Hi. * I have reformatted my hard drive (On a Compaq Table TC1000) & reinstalled Windows XP Pro Tablet. * I have then installed the Windows XP SP2. I then restored my backups, which included my mny data file from Money 2000. * I then (amongst other software installs) installed Money from the original CD. * When I tried to start Money, it asks for the password as usual BUT it doesn't accept the usual password. * I have checked that it is the right file, checked Caps Lock, typed carefully several times - to no avail. * Are you aware of any problems with Money 2000 & SP2? I...

Money 2007 deluxe backup issue
for some reason Money is breaking up my backups to my 4gb usb flash drive around the 3 mb area - i have compact data checked - regular files are 8 & 12 mb are there settings to change to prevent this from happening there is plenty of space on the drive it names the file xxxd1 when i used my gigabank 8gb drive it did not do this but alas it died when i just try to continue on the 4g it says already used insert me medium advise please thanks In microsoft.public.money, tony wrote: >for some reason Money is breaking up my backups to my 4gb usb flash drive >around the 3 mb area...

Import data from Money 2002 to Excel
Hi, I'd like to import some transactions history from Money 2002 into Excel. Does anybody know how I can do this? Thx. In microsoft.public.money, Nick wrote: >Hi, > >I'd like to import some transactions history from Money >2002 into Excel. Does anybody know how I can do this? Prepare a report in Money and right-click into it. You can copy and paste or choose Export.... For more sophisticated information access, search Google for Moneylink. ...

IIf statement sometimes works
I have the following IIf statement on an unbound field on a form: =IIf([Loaned/Out]="0"," ","Out of Service - Please Exit and select another Vehicle") Sometimes it comes back with the correct "Out of Service..." or nothing if the vehicle is not designated as loaned/out, but other times it comes back with "#NAME?". Why is it not consistent? Thanks. -- Donna N. 1. If [loaned/out] is ever null you will get #name#. 2. Is [loaned/out] ever not equal to "0"? Is "0" text or a number? If it is a number, you ...

TAB Order
Hello, i want to transfer focus from child window to parent window how can i do it ? or what message is sent to application when TAB is pressed i couldn't get it done with keydown Thanks. Danish. Danish, GetParent()->SetFocus(); will transfer the focus from this window to its parent. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Sahil" <coder@topcoder.com> a �crit dans le message de news:%23h0o2TAOEHA.540@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello, > i want to transfer focus from child window to parent window how can i do it > ? or what message is sent to application when T...

Query Not Working 06-11-07
Hello, I have set up a query for 1 table. The field I'm trying to run the query on is a text field. I enter a name (="smith, john") I get zero results. However I have confirmed that this user exists in the table. Also (if this helps), this field gets populated via a combo box on a form. The table being used for the lookup contains a "user" field which is also a text field Thanks. sometimes this is caused by a leading blank in the field. It displays very narrow. one solution sname: TRIM([field]) "CT" <ctroy01@hotmail.com> wrote in message ...

2007 Slide Numbering doesn't work
I have a presentation in which the numbering doesn't work...I've gone step by step through everything I can find but I don't see it. Checked the master to ensure a placeholder was there, that the text is visible. I click on the slide thumbnail, click insert / slide number, check off slide numbering, click apply to all and okay. Nothing appears. When I go back to insert / slide number, nothing is checked. Any thoughts? Try ticking the option for slide number in Insert | Header and Footer instead. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's ne...

downloaded service pack 1 and now Microsoft Excel isn't working ri
When I got to the icon for the save option I get this message "The file ' .xls' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do?" *save a copy *overwrite changes this dialoge box is getting annoying, If I choose save a copy I have copy's of my files all over the place, if I overwrite then it does just that. But why do I have to do this everytime I open a file? I have looked everywhere and can't find my answer. Please remember that I just downloaded the Windows update service pack 1 and I believe that this i...

Money 2005 #34
Perhaps I don't quite understand how to use Money, it's all new to me but this is my question, When I create an invoice and I receive that invoice into my business account it shows as "payment for invoice" but when the check for that invoice is deposited into my bank it shows up as 2 deposits when I download info from the bank. I can't get them to "match" as the "payment for invoice" does not show as an income. Am I missing something? -- Any help will be greatly appreciated, MtnMaine I'm sorry to hear that you are having this problem because...