How do receipts get re-created in the Journal?

Does anyone know how receipts get re-created when you see them on screen? I
think the answer to this question will help as I create custom receipts.

In other words, when I look at an existing receipt in the journal viewer, is
it pulling data from the tansaction table, item table, etc, or is all the
info from the original receipt stored somewhere.

One of the mysteries I am trying to solve is why the discount code and
serial number show on the printed receipt, but not on the viewable receipt.

Thanks,
Steve
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Steve, the receipt you view in the journal is taken from a compressed image
of the transaction that is stored in the database.  It doesn't come from the
transactionentry table, so for example if you made subsequent changes to data
in the transactionentry table for a given transaction, you will not see these
changes in the journal viewer

"Steve Wickes" wrote:

> Does anyone know how receipts get re-created when you see them on screen? I
> think the answer to this question will help as I create custom receipts.
>
> In other words, when I look at an existing receipt in the journal viewer, is
> it pulling data from the tansaction table, item table, etc, or is all the
> info from the original receipt stored somewhere.
>
> One of the mysteries I am trying to solve is why the discount code and
> serial number show on the printed receipt, but not on the viewable receipt.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve
0
kskinne (224)
12/28/2005 5:21:03 PM
Thanks for your reply; I have marked it as the answer.

For bonus points, any idea why the discount code shows on the paper receipt,
but not on the image? (The same is true for serial numbers, which print on
the paper, but do not show when viewing the receipt.)

I suspect that the discount code is appended to Entry.Description (with a
line feed), but somehow this appended info does not get recorded in the
image???

"kskinne" wrote:

> Steve, the receipt you view in the journal is taken from a compressed image
> of the transaction that is stored in the database.  It doesn't come from the
> transactionentry table, so for example if you made subsequent changes to data
> in the transactionentry table for a given transaction, you will not see these
> changes in the journal viewer
>

> "Steve Wickes" wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know how receipts get re-created when you see them on screen? I
> > think the answer to this question will help as I create custom receipts.
> >
> > In other words, when I look at an existing receipt in the journal viewer, is
> > it pulling data from the tansaction table, item table, etc, or is all the
> > info from the original receipt stored somewhere.
> >
> > One of the mysteries I am trying to solve is why the discount code and
> > serial number show on the printed receipt, but not on the viewable receipt.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Steve
Steve,

Post your receipt template and so we can look at it.

--
*

"kskinne" wrote:

> Steve, the receipt you view in the journal is taken from a compressed
> image
> of the transaction that is stored in the database.  It doesn't come from
> the
> transactionentry table, so for example if you made subsequent changes to
> data
> in the transactionentry table for a given transaction, you will not see
> these
> changes in the journal viewer
>

> "Steve Wickes" wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know how receipts get re-created when you see them on
> > screen? I
> > think the answer to this question will help as I create custom receipts.
> >
> > In other words, when I look at an existing receipt in the journal
> > viewer, is
> > it pulling data from the tansaction table, item table, etc, or is all
> > the
> > info from the original receipt stored somewhere.
> >
> > One of the mysteries I am trying to solve is why the discount code and
> > serial number show on the printed receipt, but not on the viewable
> > receipt.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Steve

0
spam3944 (2163)
12/28/2005 8:39:03 PM
Jeff,

Rather than posting my entire receipt template, I have posted my solution in
another thread (see "Why does Reason Code Show?"). Turns out my suspicion is
correct. My receipts now look great- both on paper and in the vewer.

Cheers!
Steve

"Jeff" wrote:

> Steve,
>
> Post your receipt template and so we can look at it.
>
> --
> *
> "Steve Wickes" <SteveWickes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for your reply; I have marked it as the answer.
>
> For bonus points, any idea why the discount code shows on the paper receipt,
> but not on the image? (The same is true for serial numbers, which print on
> the paper, but do not show when viewing the receipt.)
>
> I suspect that the discount code is appended to Entry.Description (with a
> line feed), but somehow this appended info does not get recorded in the
> image???
>
> "kskinne" wrote:
>
> > Steve, the receipt you view in the journal is taken from a compressed
> > image
> > of the transaction that is stored in the database.  It doesn't come from
> > the
> > transactionentry table, so for example if you made subsequent changes to
> > data
> > in the transactionentry table for a given transaction, you will not see
> > these
> > changes in the journal viewer
> >

> > "Steve Wickes" wrote:
> >
> > > Does anyone know how receipts get re-created when you see them on
> > > screen? I
> > > think the answer to this question will help as I create custom receipts.
> > >
> > > In other words, when I look at an existing receipt in the journal
> > > viewer, is
> > > it pulling data from the tansaction table, item table, etc, or is all
> > > the
> > > info from the original receipt stored somewhere.
> > >
> > > One of the mysteries I am trying to solve is why the discount code and
> > > serial number show on the printed receipt, but not on the viewable
> > > receipt.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Steve

Help getting SheetName into a cell
I need to refer to the sheet name in a formula and can't figure out how to do it. I can't find a Function which will do this. I did discover ActiveSheet.Name but I have been unsuccessful in getting it work in a function. Specifically I have sheets named "1.a" , "1.b" , "1.c" . . . "99.a" , "99.b" , "99.c" and need to get these names into cell C3 of each sheet. The sheets may not be in order and there may be missing sheets. Thanks in advance for any help. Omar Hi You could put somthing like this in a macro or attatch ...

Time reg: Creating an Outlook Calendar appointment from the order
It would be a great feature when it comes to time registration, if it was possible from the Order View in the CRM Outlook client to draw an order directly into the Outlook Calendar, thereby using it for time registration. In that case, it should be possible to select which data fields would be transferred to the Outlook Calendar Appointment, enabling all sorts of time usage statistics. I'm quite certain many companies would benefit from such a feature. I know we would. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most...

how do i create an office data connection file
i want to call a parameterized data connection. i want to eventually put this in office sharepoint server 2007's data connection library. every time i open the connection file i have successfully created that connects to the db, it want me to pick a table. i can cancel out of that and change it to sql and say to use a procedure, but i can't save this file, and the "Edit Query..." and "Parameters..." buttons are disabled so i can't set parameters. why is it so hard to work with this thing? thanks ...

Creating a chart with text not numbers
How do I create a chart that has text values (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior) instead of numbers (1, 2, 3, 4)? I have a column labeled "What is your class standing?" and below it is 166 rows where people selected "Freshman," "Sophomore," etc. I want to create a bar chart that counts how many people selected each of the four classes. Thanks, Alan First of all, you will have numbers to plot. The words are your category labels. Read how to turn a column of words like this into a histogram: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Histograms.html - Jon...

Get CtrlID from Msg info at WM_LBUTTONUP
Hi all, We can get CtrlID from msg info at WM_LBUTTONUP event? In Msg info, we can get Handle of Ctrl, but i dn't know how to get CtrlID. any one know, please me know, thanks very much. Used function below, it works int GetCtrlID(HWND hWnd) { CWnd* pChild = CWnd::FromHandle( hWnd ); pChild->FromHandle(hWnd); return pChild->GetDlgCtrlID(); } "James Duy Trinh" <vietdoor@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ORP3U3MLIHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > We can get CtrlID from msg info at WM_LBUTTONUP event? In Msg info, we can > get Handle...

Journal not recording #2
I have noticed several posts about the Outlook Journal not recording for one reason or another. All have gone unanswered. Has anyone ever come up with a solution to this problem? I missed those posts. Mine works fine in Outlook 2003 and did also in 2002 as long as I hit the exit and save. Are the problems people not able to enter data and find it again or what ? -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com Redmond, WA "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:732c01c401fe$25218050$a101280a@phx.gbl... >I have noticed sever...

Creating Emails (Recevied) with SDK
I've been trying to write a SDK program that will take a file of received emails and upload them to CRM. I need to do this programmatically and have multiple people in the to address (Data Migration Wizard only allows 1). I can create emails easily enough and create the emails. However, I cannot set incoming emails where the sender is a contact to closed and received. Has anyone tried this before? ...

Reprint year end closing journal for GL
We had a printing problem when I did our system year end so nono of the posting journals printed. I could reprint the BBF journal but I can not find the the journal that clears out the P&L accounts to the retained earnings. Is there a way to reprint this? Thanks -- Pieter ...

Creating a Relationship Between Order Product (salesorderdetail) and Service Activity (serviceappointment)
Hi folks, We are using CRM 4.0 to run a consulting business. Its working pretty well but we want to simply the way we are doing some things. What we want to do is create an Order (salesorder) with multiple Order Products (salesorderdetal). So good so far. Next I want to be able associate each Order Product (salesorderdetail) with a Service Activity (serviceappointment), this representing that this billable line item in the order is actually going to be fulfilled as a consuting engagement. The problem is, I can't seem to be able to create an association between the Order Product (salesor...

ESM
Hi, I created some Public folders in OL 2003 before Xmas no problems as I am the administrator for the local domains server & Exchange admin. Today I tried to create additonal folders form my LAN XP machine but continually receive the error of: Unable to create the folder. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator. When I look at the folder properties in OL I see the folder contact is NT USER:S-1-5-21-606747145-1682526488-682003330-1109 but I have no idea who that is...or was more likely! If I then g...

Creating a list of info in A1 cell in multiple worksheets
How can I create a list of the info/contents in the A1 cell in multiple worksheets? I am trying to create a summary worksheet of the data from 90 worksheets and would like to be able to list the headers in the A1 cell vertically. 'Right click on the summary sheet tab, and paste in this macro. 'Edit where appropriate: Sub CreateSummary() 'Starting row for summary: i = 1 For Each Sheet In ThisWorkbook.Sheets If Sheet.Name <> Me.Name Then 'Control What column to place data in Me.Cells(i, "A").Value = Sheet.Range("A1").Value i = i + 1...

sending to group gets "sending reported error 0x80040610"
Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending' reported error (0x80040610) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040610' This person sent an email to a distribution group we have set up. It seems that everyone got it but the error came to her like that. Any ideas? Bryce. Does this help? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885917 -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Bryce" <fukuzz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:46119f2c$0$503$815e3792@news.qwest.net... > Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending' reported e...

Journal in Outlook
Anyone use this feature? I have several 2007 installs that will not journal Word/Excel. I check the check box but then when I go back the check box is no longer checked. Anyone have any clue? Rob rkircher wrote: > Anyone use this feature? I have several 2007 installs that will not journal > Word/Excel. I check the check box but then when I go back the check box is > no longer checked. Integration only works between components of the same version. In these 2007 installs (but of what edition you never mentioned), was Outlook 2007 included? Or are you...

Create Assembly Call
hi All, can the create assembly call under update entity be used to add a certain number of hours/days/months/years to a date. i am trying to do this workflow if variable 1 = yes then create a task update variable 1 sent = yes variable 1 date = execution time can i use the create assembly workflow to add x number of days to variable 1 date and show in variable 2 date. any advice would be helpful please. thanks heaps regards Ridhima If Variable 1 Date is a DateTime field in CRM, then yes. You can use the Add DateTime assembly to take the Value in the DateTime field (which would be t...

Re: Server address
When i set up my server account i put yahoo.com and i have Verizon for my internet provider. I can't send my resume from yahoo cause i get an error message. You can't access Yahoo POP3 accounts unless you have the Plus account. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Donna Lomagro" <purpletulips65@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ucQmttlvKHA.5812@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > When i set up my server account i put yahoo.com and i have Verizon for my > internet provider. I can't send my resume fr...

Re: Is there a way to HIDE a row based on a value of a cell ?
Hi Reddance, Try instead: Sub Tester() Dim rng As Range Dim i As Long If LCase(Sheets("Ctrl").Range("A1").Value) _ <> "yes" Then Exit Sub End If With Sheets("ToPrint") For i = 5 To .UsedRange.Rows.Count Step 2 If Not rng Is Nothing Then Set rng = Union(rng, .Cells(i, "A")) Else Set rng = .Cells(i, "A") End If Next i End With If Not rng Is Nothing Then rng.EntireRow.Hidden = True End If ...

How to get looping VBA code to respond to events on worksheet
Hello, I have some code of the form do while not g_Paused bunch of calls ... loop where I'd like the variable g_Paused to be toggled by a button on the worksheet. The only way I can seem to get the code to respond to the button click is to use do while not g_Paused bunch of calls ... ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Name").Activate DoEvents loop But this is pretty slow and causes the sheet to flicker...is there a better method? PS I'm using buttons from the Control Toolbox Thank you. ...

Retrieving (re-importing) .pst archive files in Outlook 2000
Can anyone tell me how to import .pst archive files in Outlook 2000? I have tried Import from another program or file/Personal Folder File (.pst)/File to import/Browse => C:Documents and Settings/User(My name)/Application data/Microsoft/Outlook ... and can't see any .pst files. In Windows Explorer, a search in the same location (i.e C:Documents and Settings/User(My name)/Application data/Microsoft/Outlook) reveals .FAV, .LOG, .DAT and other files, but none of my .pst archive files. I have ensured that "Show hidden files and folders" is switched on in Tools/Folder...

How to create a floating bar chart vertically not horizontally...
Hi, The technique is the same for both column and bar charts, which is to use a stacked chart and remove the formatting from the series used to 'float' your data. See Jon's explanation. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FloatingColumns.html Cheers Andy Cristina wrote: -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Can't get automatic updates to work
I get this message: [Error number: 0x8DDD0018] The site cannot continue because one or more of these Windows services is not running: Automatic Updates (allows the site to find, download and install high-priority updates for your computer) Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) (helps updates download more quickly and without problems if the download process is interrupted) Event Log (keeps a record of updating activities to help with troubleshooting, if needed) To make sure these services are running: 1. Click Start, and then click Run. 2. Type servic...

How do I create a new macro in Outlook 2007?
Below is the macro, copied from MS Word, where it works perfectly! In Outlook I get all sorts of error messages and debugging, which I don't understand. Thanks for any help. Sub SafariCare() ' ' SafariCare Macro ' Macro recorded 6/4/2007 by Eva Wilson ' Selection.TypeText Text:= _ "Thank you for your participation in the SafariCare program! " Selection.TypeText Text:= _ " Attached are the program guidelines for your convenience. " Selection.TypeParagraph Selection.TypeParagraph Selection.TypeText Text:= _ ...

Newb question: How did my Form_.... Access Class Objects get crea
I have an access database that originally was created in office 2003 access. I am not in 2007 Access. When I go into the IDE, I can see, under Microsoft Office Access Class Objects, a set of what appears to be modules named: - Form_form abc - Form_form xyz etc Each of these corresponds to an actual form I have created, and includes subroutines like Private Sub RefreshAssetTable() ImportExcel End Sub Private Sub Command4_Click() ImportExcelAssets End Sub by default. Now, my question: How did this class "modules" (and I know that is the wrong term) get created? I &...

Junk E-mail folder
Is it possible to configure the Junk E-mail folder to automatically and permanently delete items older than 30 days? Thanks. You can use the AutoArchiving to do that. Right click on the folder, choose Properties and go to the AutoArchive tab "Jaycee" <jaycee131973@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%232IGo%238NGHA.2300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to configure the Junk E-mail folder to automatically and > permanently delete items older than 30 days? ...

Re: o many mails in our out queue with out source Address
HI My exchange server is is having all the setting as you said still i am getting these messages. Recently i have removed few user because they left the oraganasiton, and they use to get so many Junk-E-mails do u think because of these e-mail's coming. pls if u have any ide pls let me know. Thanks Shaikh Hello Shaikh If you just want to delete those message, you can select them in "Queues" tab inside "Internet Mail service" properties and click "Delete" button. You can consider going to "Internet Mail" tab inside IMC and click Advanced but...

Trying to create completely server side, document merge
I was given the task of designing a complete web based document prep system. In simplest terms (using a msword explanation) create a database of merge fields, and a library of templates. Allow the webuser to select the template, merge his DB record, and produce a formatted document that can be printed or downloaded. We need to do this without specialized software on the client, since it will be universally available to webusers. We considered using PDF, but the creation of the templates were painfully slow, and the datamerge had severe space limitations (the form could not adequately...