how do I stop printing the extra credit card receipt for customer.

We just "upgraded" from QS2000 to Store Operations.

How do I stop printing the extra credit card receipt that prints for the
customer signature?

I didn't set it up (that I know of)...I don't even see an .xml file related
to it.  We don't need it since our credit cards are processed separately.

I don't see any options related to turning it off.
0
LCINDNR (3)
10/27/2004 9:13:06 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

SO Manager
Database/Registers/Receipt Formats
Open the Receipt Format
Click "Properties" for the "Sales" template

There's an attribute called "Show C.C. Signature"  - set that to false.

You'll have to restart POS to make the change take effect.

Also, in Database/Tender Types
you can uncheck the "Require Signature" checkbox on the credit card tender
types - this requires a Z-Report to take effect.

The credit card slip is part of receipt.xml by the way...
--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"LCINDNR" <LCINDNR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We just "upgraded" from QS2000 to Store Operations.
>
> How do I stop printing the extra credit card receipt that prints for the
> customer signature?
>
> I didn't set it up (that I know of)...I don't even see an .xml file
> related
> to it.  We don't need it since our credit cards are processed separately.
>
> I don't see any options related to turning it off.

0
glenn1806 (721)
10/27/2004 10:42:34 PM
Change the tender type to Other, not Credit Card. You only need to set it to
Credit Card if you want to enter the card information.

"LCINDNR" wrote:

> We just "upgraded" from QS2000 to Store Operations.
>
> How do I stop printing the extra credit card receipt that prints for the
> customer signature?
>
> I didn't set it up (that I know of)...I don't even see an .xml file related
> to it.  We don't need it since our credit cards are processed separately.
>
> I don't see any options related to turning it off.
0
Jan1 (88)
10/28/2004 4:31:06 AM
Thanks!  You've saved us a ton of paper!

"Glenn Adams" wrote:

> SO Manager
> Database/Registers/Receipt Formats
> Open the Receipt Format
> Click "Properties" for the "Sales" template
>
> There's an attribute called "Show C.C. Signature"  - set that to false.
>
> You'll have to restart POS to make the change take effect.
>
> Also, in Database/Tender Types
> you can uncheck the "Require Signature" checkbox on the credit card tender
> types - this requires a Z-Report to take effect.
>

> The credit card slip is part of receipt.xml by the way...
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "LCINDNR" <LCINDNR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We just "upgraded" from QS2000 to Store Operations.
> >
> > How do I stop printing the extra credit card receipt that prints for the
> > customer signature?
> >
> > I didn't set it up (that I know of)...I don't even see an .xml file
> > related
> > to it.  We don't need it since our credit cards are processed separately.
> >
> > I don't see any options related to turning it off.

0
LCINDNR (3)
10/28/2004 9:32:04 PM
Not a bad idea, but we have a lot of reports on the backend that look for the
"credit card" payment type.  I think Gary's answer should fix us up.

"Jan" wrote:

> Change the tender type to Other, not Credit Card. You only need to set it to
> Credit Card if you want to enter the card information.
>
> "LCINDNR" wrote:
>
> > We just "upgraded" from QS2000 to Store Operations.
> >
> > How do I stop printing the extra credit card receipt that prints for the
> > customer signature?
> >
> > I didn't set it up (that I know of)...I don't even see an .xml file related
> > to it.  We don't need it since our credit cards are processed separately.
> >
> > I don't see any options related to turning it off.
0
LCINDNR (3)
10/28/2004 9:33:04 PM
I didn't say change the Tender to Other. I said change the Type setting for
each of your credit card tenders to Other, rather than Credit Card.
If you are skipping the cardswipe and AP entry during tenders, there is no
point in prompting to enter this information to begin with (or print the
authorization stub).
This has NO EFFECT on the ability to print reports by tender payment type
(Cash, Check, Credit Card, etc). It stops prompting for information you
aren't collecting and skips printing the authorization slip regardless of the
receipt format settings.

"LCINDNR" wrote:

> Not a bad idea, but we have a lot of reports on the backend that look for the
> "credit card" payment type.  I think Gary's answer should fix us up.
>
> "Jan" wrote:
>
> > Change the tender type to Other, not Credit Card. You only need to set it to
> > Credit Card if you want to enter the card information.
> >
> > "LCINDNR" wrote:
> >
> > > We just "upgraded" from QS2000 to Store Operations.
> > >
> > > How do I stop printing the extra credit card receipt that prints for the
> > > customer signature?
> > >
> > > I didn't set it up (that I know of)...I don't even see an .xml file related
> > > to it.  We don't need it since our credit cards are processed separately.
> > >
> > > I don't see any options related to turning it off.
0
Jan1 (88)

Printing a brochure on letter size paper
Hello All, Does anyone know how to convert a brochure to letter size paper and have it automatically fill the sheet rather than leave space around the outside of the content? I am trying to flip the document to a pdf using "pdf creator" and the brochure appears as it would be printed on the paper with all the pages out of order. Thanks for any assistance you can provide. Are you wanting to print to the edge of the stock? This will depend on your printer's margin limitations. This article will help you determine your printer's limitation. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.a...

Printing 11 x 17" on 8.5 x 11"
I have designed a newsletter in the regular 11 x 17" format. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to print on that size paper here and need to print on regular letter size. The pages are set up that way, but I cannot figure out how to break them down to print. When I send it to print and load 8.5 x 11" paper, it prints the entire two page spread per page, so the newsletter comes out a tiny size. I do not have a 'shrink to fit' option or anything like that on the screen. Much appreciation to anyone who can help! Am I missing something here? Why don't you s...

So my IMF stopped working
I'm using exchange 2003 sp2 on SBS 2003, and the imf was chugging along happily for a while. Then it stopped. I don't know what changed at that time, but I later enabled SCL exposure in outlook and found out that no SCL was attached to messages any more. I went through and disabled, reenabled, and restarted on both the message delivery and smtp virtual server properties. But I still get no SCL apparent on messages. Any suggestions? Any errors in the error log? Was it updated recently using Automatic Updates/Microsoft Update? Are you using a custom weighting file? -- Bh...

Read Receipts #7
I have two offices with a 20-computer windows 2k network at each, with Outlook 2k CW installed on all computers. All clients at both offices are set to automatically send a read receipt. If somebody at office A sends a message to everybody in office A, they get a receipt from all. If somebody at office A sends a message to everybody at office B, they receive a read receipt from ONE recipient only. Why would they not receive a receipt from the others at office B. Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usen...

How to stop WLM publishing photos?
I am using WLM latest beta and am frustrated in that I cannot attach a photograph to an email without WLM insisting to publish it. How can I set WLM to just attach a jpg photo? Compose in Plain Text and attach the file or In a message composition window click on the Insert tab and select the = Single Photo option - note even though it states single, more than on picture can be added. = The pic will be shown in the body of the message(not=20 attached, though the recipient may see it as an attachment depending = upon their email client software) or Windows Live Mail button/O...

Days for checks to clear -Vendor Cards
Is the field 'Days for checks to clear' on the Vendor Credit Summary Inquiry supposed to calculate automatically? I know you can manually add it on the Vendor Credit Summay card. but is seems like it should be automatic. Does this need to be set up somewhere? Our CFO asked why it is blank? Thanks. Martin, There's nothing in GP that tracks how many days it takes for checks to clear. Hence, no way the system can calculate this value. It is strictly a manually maintained field. Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com b...

Having 3 .set files with different ISV's and custom form modifications
Currently we have 2 seperate SQL instances for 2 different environments. We want to be able to create one environment that has 3 companies, with one .set file with customizations, and alot of ISV's; one company with customizations and 2 ISV's; and create one new company with a plain vanilla GP only 2 ISV's no customizations; We currently have the 2 instances with the first 2 set up that way and now looking to consolidate into one environment with the company dropdowns together. Will this be a pain to manage or is it even possible?? ...

Exch 2003 stops when DC is unavailable
I have two DC's and my Exchange 2003 server on the same subnet and two I rebooted one of the DC's (not the operations master) and exchange stopped responding for my clients. Any idea why? Shouldn't it look for any domain controller? Many thanks for reading. -Bob Is this server the only Global Catalog? Check in the Exchange System Manager, right click on the server, properties, Directory Access tab. In this tab you can see which servers is exchange points to. This can be edite manually in cases of lost of communications. In the case you described, intermitences can be pre...

Printing LOTS of emails
I have to print a lot of emails - possibly several thousand. I have a macro that sends them to the printer, but is there a way I can read the contents and write them to a text file? I'd like them to look as much as possible like the actual printed copies do. It seems I MIGHT be able to open a text file, then write out the relevant fields, like: Open OutMail for output as 1 for each MailItem a$ = mailitem.field1 if len(a$)>0 then print #1,a$ a$=mailitem.field2 if len(a$)>0 then print #1,a$ etc. Print #1, "End of this mailitem" next Mailitem Close 1 Will this...

Printing Problem with name tags converted to a new Publisher Docum
Mary Sauer, you were so helpful when you explained the Publisher "bug" to me back when I was first testing the process of creating these name tags. Now our seminar is next week and I've done the mail merge (which although looks in "print preview" like there are 6 name tags with all the same name on each page, actually print with 6 tags per page with a different name on each tag like they are supposed to). It's time for me to email this document to the person who is printing the tags. I did the mail merge and instead of "printing" I converted it t...

Custom Toolbar Button Question
Hello , I have a GP 9 and I would like to create a custom toolbar button that executes some Dex code. I need to be able to access the data on the current form because I want to invoke an a third party api using some of the field values as variables to pass into the third party api as parameters. I have the dex code for the third party api working fine but I was wondering if someone could point me to a sample. What content objects are available? Thanks, gsvi HI, I have done this before and once you master the concept it's not too hard. It is very close to implementing menu command...

printing/changing margins
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) After setting the margins in page setup, the print preview shows it all to be there, but when printed, it is cut off at the bottom, thus leaving a larger margin than set. Make sure that you have Office (12.2.3), OS X (10.6.2) *and* your printer driver fully updated � check the mfr's web site. It wouldn't hurt to run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions after applying any updates. If you continue to experience the problem you'll need to reply with a more detailed description of the document's structure, t...

AR & AP ATB print
Great Plains 9.0 - the ATB's for AP & AR - would prefer the option of printing as portrait; not bolded; and be able to customize the colums. These are double the paper from 6.0 (we just recently ufgraded). I find these hard to read (print is small and the report is busy with all the lines and bold print) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestio...

My Money Side will not stop
I read the FAQ for Money 2002 and it stated A) Click Help in MoneySide, then Settings. Under "Open MoneySide" select "Never" and then "Done." I select "Never" but there is no "Done" I can find and My Money leaves for this time only to return again. Is there any way to kill money from running in the background. It is not running in MSCONFIG on my XP sp2 system that I can find. Thanks Don I wish I had a way to test this here to tell you how to do it and validate the FAQ. Hopefully somebody who can still test on M02 will join the thread....

Payables Check Printing Issues
Hello: A GP 9.0 client of ours is reporting the following two issues: (1) History is printing on the payables check stubs despite the fact that the Select Payables Checks window’s “Print Previously Applied Documents” checkbox is unchecked and (2) Multiple checks for each vendor are printing as “combined” even though the “One Check Per” selection in Select Payables Checks is selected as “Invoice”. Regular SQL maintenance on the company database is running consistently every week without error, according to the Windows App Event Viewer. Any ideas? childofthe1980s Hi, Have you...

Add Custom Activity Type
I have been asked to add a custom actiivity type to the activities entity called Site Visits. Can I get some direction as to how to do this? Afraid, you can't add custom activity types. You can create the entity, but it will behave like any other and does not integrate into the activity views and activity dialogs. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup ---------------------------------------------------------- "Swamy&qu...

Unable to create custom keyboard shortcut
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I get to where you are able to create a custom keyboard shortcut. But when I select my command &quot;NextChangeorComment&quot; and select the &quot;Press new keyboard shortcut&quot; field, nothing happens. No text shows up in the field, nor does the &quot;Assign&quot; button become selectable. Since you don't specifically say that you did so, once you click in the field you need to press the actual key combination you want to assign to the command. If you did so but nothing displayed in the field it&#...

custom color palette does not get transferred with the workbook. Excel 2003
Scenario:We use a custom color palette with predefined company colors, and excel 2003. Default workbook has also been modified to replicate colors to new workbooks - located at %userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART\workbook.xls NOw the problem: When users create a workbook based in the default and email it to outside users who does not have the custom color palette defined as default, the colors change - custom palette disappears and workbook shows excel default colors,sometimes making the document very difficult to read. Also, if we email the document back to the origina...

Report Taking a Long Time to Print
I have a main report with 2 subreports in it. One of the subreports seems to be holding up the report when it comes to running and printing. When I run the query and/or report for the problem subreport it returns data within 1 minute. When I run the main report, it takes anywhere up to 5 minutes to run and about 12 minutes to print. When this subreport is removed from the main report, running and printing is under 1 minute, so I know this subreport is the problem. I had seen a post similar to this question and I tried the suggestions (removing page breaks, turning force new page ...

Custom Controls 04-27-04
I am looking for a set of custom controls that exhibit similar behaivour to existing MSCRM controls. We are going to develop an add-on; it will have a set of pages that will extend the functionality. Any pointers would be appreciated. I seem to remember Gary on this group mentioning he had developed a set of controls. You might want to contact him. "D Bolak" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BA4CB4C-836F-4AA7-AAAA-C5ADA7C9CAA7@microsoft.com... > I am looking for a set of custom controls that exhibit similar behaivour to existing MSCRM controls. ...

how can I print an invoice from outlook ?
Is there any way I can set up my 'orders' in outlook so that they can print out as an Invoice or packing slip? I run a small business and don't have an accounting programme at the moment. I have to manually type all the invoices from the orders I receive. I know there must be an easier way - any help gratefully received ! Or anyone recommend a small business programme which I could use? Thanks QuickBooks "Bridget" <Bridget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8997C71D-819D-4B9D-A1DA-F9419603881E@microsoft.com... > Is there any way I can set u...

Extra wide margin
Hi, I have a pop-up modal form where in design view the right edge of the form is right next to the most right field on the form. When I open the form there is about 1-2 inches space between the right field and the right edge of the form. How I get rid of this extra space? Thanks, -- Phil In form design view, drag the right edge of the form closer to the text box. I refer to the "box" containing the form, not the form's width property. Access seems to ignore the width property if it has extra space to fill. "Phil" <phil@discussion.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Custom Button Pictures
Can you add/delete/alter the default pictures for custom buttons? When you right click a custom button and rollover "Change Button Image" there is a list of 42 pictures you can choose from. I made some custom pictures using Edit Button Image, and would like to incorporate these new pictures into that list. Sloth, I am not aware of a way to customize that list of images. What you might do is create a new toolbar and copy the new images to buttons on the new toolbar. The new TB would then become your resource for the images. Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites....

SSN printed with extra dashes 1 time
I have a database storing soc sec numbers and names. The soc sec numbers are entered on a form with a picture clause of 000\-00\-0000;0;_ I have a report (complicated format) that grabs information from the form and prints out the Soc Sec Number. It has a picture clause of @@@-@@-@@@@ For one client and one client only, the SSN prints out 111-2-3--5555 All others print out 111-23-5555 Does anyone know why this happens. Win XP SP2 and Access 2003 system running Thanks in advance It is very probable that the SSN that has the problem already has the dashes in it or is ot...

credit card setup
Our reseller has ran off to the woods with our support $$. we are switching our credit card processing to CITI and are trying to set up our RMS system. We recieved setup info from Visanet but can't seem to get it to communicate. can anyone take the time to walk me through thank you so much running version 1.3.0203 Ron Call David, 408-848-3955 "shoeman240" wrote: > Our reseller has ran off to the woods with our support $$. we are switching > our credit card processing to CITI and are trying to set up our RMS system. > We recieved setup info from Visanet but can&...