How do I Import Alias'

I downloaded QSCImp.exe and imported a 45,000 item database,600 suppliers,
and 1200 customers, but I do not know how to import the Alias.  With the
QSCImp folder there is a word document showing the file layout, but no
executable file and there is no option to import the Alias in the QSCImp.exe
program.  Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Kinnard@donotspamBMS.com

0
Kinnard (133)
12/20/2005 6:06:03 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On the first screen when choosing the file you are importing and setting the
connection to the database you want to choose Aliases from the Destination
Table. It is entry 4 on the drop down list.
Then you will have to set the ItemLookupCode Field number and the Alias
Field number. This is done after you have imported all your items, which you
have done.

Rob

"Kinnard" wrote:

> I downloaded QSCImp.exe and imported a 45,000 item database,600 suppliers,
> and 1200 customers, but I do not know how to import the Alias.  With the
> QSCImp folder there is a word document showing the file layout, but no
> executable file and there is no option to import the Alias in the QSCImp.exe
> program.  Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Kinnard@donotspamBMS.com

0
rob242 (534)
12/20/2005 9:26:03 PM
Thanks, I should have figured that out, I appreciate your time.

"Rob" wrote:

> On the first screen when choosing the file you are importing and setting the
> connection to the database you want to choose Aliases from the Destination
> Table. It is entry 4 on the drop down list.
> Then you will have to set the ItemLookupCode Field number and the Alias
> Field number. This is done after you have imported all your items, which you
> have done.
>
> Rob
>
> "Kinnard" wrote:
>
> > I downloaded QSCImp.exe and imported a 45,000 item database,600 suppliers,
> > and 1200 customers, but I do not know how to import the Alias.  With the
> > QSCImp folder there is a word document showing the file layout, but no
> > executable file and there is no option to import the Alias in the QSCImp.exe
> > program.  Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
> > Thanks,
> > Kinnard@donotspamBMS.com

0
Kinnard (133)

how to import excel spreadsheet to Word
Hi. I would like to import an excel spreadsheet in a memo letter in MS Word. I use MS Office 2000. Can someone help me? Is it a good idea to copy and paste? Thank you in advance. Hi Seda - Generally, the best thing to do in Word is: Insert, Object. Micorsoft Excel Worksheet. (If necessary, format the spreadhseet first so that it will look good in Word, e.g. get rid of cell gridlines etc.) It is generally a bad idea to copy and paste Excel sheets in to Word (way too much formatting to copy over). If you were to copy and paste, try Excel: Copy Word: Edit, Paste Special, Unformatted Text...

Custom entities, relationships, and importing
We have entities in our CRM organization, and I've been developing some new custom entities that are related to them. For example, we already have an Employee entity that users are using, and some have further customized this. I've developed a new custom entity called Employee Reviews, which is a child entity of the Employee entity. When exporting this from my development environment to import into a test and then a production environment, do I need to include the Employee entity? Also, if users have already customized the Employee entity beyond my customization, how can I not only ...

Importing Sales into RMS
I need to import sales into RMS via a file or batch. This is important for our internet sales. check out the RMS Web Integrator product from New West - http://www.newestech.com -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "johnsull" <johnsull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45C6A254-66F7-4CB6-80D1-AB5D89FA0D8D@microsoft.com... >I need to impor...

Pictures, lines, drawings don't show up when I import to document.
I never had problems with this in the past - but am consistently with the 2003 edition... on all computers. Did something change when importing pictures? Did you install the new Window updates? Perhaps the following will explain & resolve your issue: Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security update MS06-015 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165 Easy Fix: Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to Item No. 383 "Hewlett-Packard's Share-to-Web software - Fix (MS06-015)" to download a registry fix. Note: Yo...

Import Contacts into CRM 3.0 from Web Form Emails
We have a web site based on Front Page 2003, and we solicit clients to enter their information, name-address-emali requirements in web-form. The Web Form sends an email with structured information such as name: John Jones, where every data field is on a new line. How can I tell CRM 3.0 to import this information directly into the CRM contact manager, and add a new contact to the CRM system? you could create a queue on crm with its own email address. Emails will be sent to the crm queue. Now a developer could write code to monitor the queue and create contacts from the ema...

Problem Contact Import
I would like to import all contacts with a « client parent » field, in other words, the field which makes the link between the accounts and the contacts. However, there is a problem with the importations. Contacts having a “client parent” field filled in, are not created. I have the following error : 0x80040356 “The source data is not in the required format".I do not know if there is any link between the fact that the module "Data Migration Manager", has not been installed ; till now, it has never be a problem, with the different imports. Is this field can be m...

Can I import a Pagemaker file into Publisher?
I hate pagemaker but have to deal with another person in the company who swears by it. Anything I can do about it? Thanks! (1) Copy and paste. (2) Get the other person fired. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "lostinthewoods" <lostinthewoods@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF5C2EED-1E8A-4B68-9E9C-F62611E29470@microsoft.com... >I hate pagemaker but have to deal with another person in the company who > swears by it. Anything I can do about it? > > Thanks! --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system...

Mfg BOM import
Has anyone tried importing manufacturing BOM data? What method / tool did you use - IM direct to table? DTS? other? You can use either to do that. With DTS you can build in validation if you need to. I have used both though. "Jim" wrote: > Has anyone tried importing manufacturing BOM data? What > method / tool did you use - IM direct to table? DTS? > other? > ...

Taste this important pack from the MS Corp.
--kkshlwxayzutbg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="blekorsygp"; type="multipart/alternative" --blekorsygp Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="zwwzfcjckkvracx" --zwwzfcjckkvracx Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from these vulnera...

Import PowerPoint Block Diagram into Visio 2003 Pro
I created a big block diagram in PowerPoint before we attained Visio here. Now that I have Visio, I would like to import that into Visio to modify it and put it in that format. My problem is when I import it, it imports as a picture and I cannot move any lines from one block to another, etc. Is there a way of importing the diagram from PowerPoint into Visio and have it editable instead of being an object that cannot be changed?? Thank you You should be able to "ungroup" the Powerpoint object. Or, copy from PowerPoint, and Paste-Special as a metafile. Then ungroup it. You'...

Can I refresh Imported External Data at less than 1 minute intervals?
I have a database query from Excel with the Data Range Settings set to Refresh every 1 minute. 1 minute seems to be the minimum. Is there a way of refreshing every say 10 seconds? I have thought of recording a macro which simply clicks the refresh button but then how to I create an event to call the macro at 10 second [or whatever] intervals. All help is appreciated. Bill See Chip Pearson's page on Application.OnTime http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Bill <wje@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:4julpvk3unn70i02jgoqg9utibro2j8uoo@4ax.com... &...

RR Import Utility
We purchase RR Import Utility from our reseller. We had to re-install windows xp and have lost the program. We need the program! Contact your reseller. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = "George_Jetson_Tech" <george_jeston_tech@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0474AB15-B91A-4B93-817D-F25757DEF49A@microsoft.com... > We purchase RR Import Utility from our reseller. We had to re-install > windows xp and have lost the program. > > We need the program! > > ...

importing the 'to' field history
When you have emailed someone in outlook the next time you type in the first few characters of that name it pops up for you to select. Does anybody know the extension of the log file that contains that history so that I may import that file to a new machine? ...

How do I import my yahoo contacts to outlook quickly?
What formats does yahoo support for export? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Do you keep Outlook open 24/7? Vote in our poll: http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=22205 "gichviro@yahoo.com551" <gichviro@yahoo.com551@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Importing messages from WM to WLM
Hi, I am upgrading to Win 7 and with no email client on Win 7 I have downloaded WLM and would like to transfer my messages. When I use the import in Win 7 it transfers the messages but does not transfer the newest messages??? Can I open WM & WLM and drag and drop the new messages to theri respective folders? If not what can I do to have the new messages added to the old for import? Thanking you in advance. Ricky I'm not quite clear on your setup. Are you running both Win7 and Vista side by side and wanting to receive new messages in both programs? What ki...

Using alias address
We use an exchange server at work for e-mail. I have set up an alias that I use for receiving mail but I wanted to use the alias for sending all the mail as well. I was told that it cannot be done in exchange but I can use a POP server. So I set up the alias to use the POP and made it my default account. But it still continues to use the exchange serever account on outgoing mail. Incoming mail is working fine for both the accounts. Isnt there a way I can use the alias to send the e-mail as well? I can change the outgoing accont/address for each message but by default it picks up the exc...

Importing email messages to Windows Mail from Outlook'07 & Thunder
I am running Vista Ultimate 64-bit on my Laptop. Outlook 2007 is installed and Outlook emails from an old laptop were restored in Outlook on my new laptop. Thunderbird 2.0 is installed and Thunderbird and Outlook Express eMails from an old laptop were restored in Thunderbird on new laptop. Windows Mail 6 is installed and is my default eMail program. I cannot import my restored Outlook and Thunderbird eMails into Windows Mail. I get the "Messages cannot be imported from the MAPI client. MAPI is not installed on this computer or an error occurred while initializing it.&q...

Business Contact Manager
Is there any way of importing a batch of old histry items from a CSV file into BCM? If not and I have to do it all one at a time :-( then is it possible to change the date created date? I would like the created dae to reflect the origional dates if possible. ...

Importing Contacts into Exchange (from Outlook and Notes)
I need to import 4000+ contacts into an Exchange 2003 server. Almost all contacts will be imported from Lotus Notes; the rest are from Outlook 2003 (about 50). I attempted to use the csvde utility, but i ran into errors (more than likely because of invalid fields). Not to look back on what I did. I have the 2 csv files (1:outlook 1:lotus notes) needed to import. Just by looking @ the captured data (in both), it appears that there are more columns listed than i need. So I may have to do some editiing to simplify things. What is (in your opinion) the best solution to complete this task? Are t...

how do I convert an imported number to text
I am downloading data from a computer and wish to convert the number to text in an excel format eg: 0 = pump #1there is a series of numbers from 0 to nine and each one represents a different problem or failure of a piece of machinery Have you tried Find and Replace (Ctrl+H) -- Jacob "Lyn" wrote: > I am downloading data from a computer and wish to convert the number to text > in an excel format eg: 0 = pump #1there is a series of numbers from 0 to nine > and each one represents a different problem or failure of a piece of machinery ...

Look at important update from Microsoft Corp.
--zdeovzzsxbtkgw Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ulqslblmzedfjbu"; type="multipart/alternative" --ulqslblmzedfjbu Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ebeetjgkwpwmqrx" --ebeetjgkwpwmqrx Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to...

#importing type libraries into non-MFC apps
Hi guys, I have an MFC-related problem here, despite the fact that I'm not using it. ;) I'm trying to use a type library provided by the vendor of a PC-based hardware platform as the interface to their system. Basically all I need to do is get an active object of the correct type and use it. However, they built the type library with Visual Studio 6, and I'm trying to use Visual Studio .NET 2003. And while it works without a problem win a test program compiled in VC6, it fails with E_NOINTERFACE if the program is compiled with VC.NET Is there any way i can persude VC.NET to u...

Table ALIAS of INNER JOINs ?!?!
hey volks. i'm struggeling really hard on this one! basically i just want to get the groupwise maximum (in this case the latest entries / ranks.checked_at). i try something like this: SELECT urls.url, keywords.keyword, ranks.rank FROM (urls INNER JOIN keywords ON urls.ID = keywords.url_id) INNER JOIN ranks ON keywords.ID = ranks.keyword_id AS xxx, (SELECT keywords.keyword, MAX(ranks.checked_at) AS latest FROM keywords INNER JOIN ranks ON keywords.ID = ranks.keyword_id GROUP BY keywords.keyword) AS yyy WHERE yyy.keyword = xxx.keyword AND xxx.created_at = yyy.latest; but ...

Problem after importing .pst to Exchange 5.5
Hi, I imported a users .pst to our Exchange 5.5 Server via Outlook 2000. After this he cannot move or delete multiple items without getting Outlook to hang (single items work just fine). Works fine using the OWA, though... Any ideas? Rgds :// Thomas Solved... almost! Turned out to be the GFI Faxmaker Exchange Connector on the Exchange server that caused the error. So, now on to GFI support... :// Thomas >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >I imported a users .pst to our Exchange 5.5 Server via >Outlook 2000. >After this he cannot move or delete multiple items without &g...

Need to import select Access data into Excel using two variables
I have a large amount of data in Access, more than Excel can manage. The data consists of many columns; has Col_1 as unique key 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 etc… and contains data that includes Col_2, Col_3, Col_4 etc…. It takes a combination of Col_2 and Col_3 to get the data I want. Col_2 has duplicate values and Col_3 makes the subset unique. One more thing… Col_3, Col_4 etc…may have blanks throughout the table and can’t be changed. I don’t own it. I want to be able to open Excel, type “Number from Col_2” into Col_A , “(Number fromCol_3) or (blank)”into Col_B and have the Col_4, Col_5 etc… d...