How can i update item cost based on Supplier cost and MPQ.

Each time supplier changes their price we have to manually change the
supplier cost field and than calculate items cost .
We have MPQ set for each item under suppliers so the calculations is rather
simple but would help if it could  be done automatically.
Items cost=supplier cost /mpq

Anyone knows of a way to run this as SQL or any other form,
I would like too run this based on either department or supplier

thanks you
Robert

0
Robert4087 (350)
8/13/2008 7:23:04 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In Store Operations Manager do the following

File, Configuration, Options, Purchase Order options, ensure "Update
supplier cost and tax rate from Purchase Orders" is ticked

Now your Supplier and Item Cost will update whenever the supplier cost
changes on a purchase order.

--
Disclaimer:

Always test any queries that modify data on a test database prior to running
on your live data to ensure the desired results.

Always back-up prior to running any SQL delete queries on your live data.

--

Regards
Michael

"Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Each time supplier changes their price we have to manually change the
> supplier cost field and than calculate items cost .
> We have MPQ set for each item under suppliers so the calculations is
> rather
> simple but would help if it could  be done automatically.
> Items cost=supplier cost /mpq
>
> Anyone knows of a way to run this as SQL or any other form,
> I would like too run this based on either department or supplier
>
> thanks you
> Robert

0
mpe262 (57)
8/13/2008 9:27:48 PM
Hello
Thanks for your reply.
We do not use PO

When we receive new inventory we manually  change items stock, seems to work
pretty good so far.
I will look  more into doing it the PO way.
In mean time is there a sql command to update this data ?

thanks

"Michael" wrote:

> In Store Operations Manager do the following
>
> File, Configuration, Options, Purchase Order options, ensure "Update
> supplier cost and tax rate from Purchase Orders" is ticked
>
> Now your Supplier and Item Cost will update whenever the supplier cost
> changes on a purchase order.
>

> --
> Disclaimer:
>
> Always test any queries that modify data on a test database prior to running
> on your live data to ensure the desired results.
>
> Always back-up prior to running any SQL delete queries on your live data.
>
> --
>
> Regards
> Michael
> (Brisbane, Australia)
>
> "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Each time supplier changes their price we have to manually change the
> > supplier cost field and than calculate items cost .
> > We have MPQ set for each item under suppliers so the calculations is
> > rather
> > simple but would help if it could  be done automatically.
> > Items cost=supplier cost /mpq
> >
> > Anyone knows of a way to run this as SQL or any other form,
> > I would like too run this based on either department or supplier
> >
> > thanks you
> > Robert

0
Robert4087 (350)

Automatically move mail *from* Deleted Items folder
I get a lot of email that I read quickly then delete using a swift press on the delete key which drops the mail into the Deleted Items folder. However, I never want to loose the mail so I regularly move all the mail from Deleted Items into another folder for storage. Is there any way I can get Outlook 2002 to automatically move any items that arrive in Deleted Items to another folder? I can't get it to work with the Rules Wizard as it only allows me to run rules on my Inbox. Alternatively, how do I set up a method to move the mail from my Inbox to the storage folder directly without goi...

How to create a report based on multiple queries
Hi all, I am trying to create a report based on 30 queries . These 30 queries are based on one table. When I use the Report wizard and select more than one query I get the message " You have chosen fields from record source which the wizard can't connect. You may have chosen fields from a table and from a query based on that table. If so try choosing fields from only tha table or only the query". I do not know what to do.? Any guidance will help thanks, Dave On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 08:21:02 -0700, davidstevans@gmail.com wrote: >Hi all, > >I am trying to create a rep...

Money 2005
Hello, I use Microsoft Money 2005 now for a while, and everytime I exit the app, it connects and uploads the changes to MSN Money. Is there a way to disable this setting? I would like to delete all of my financial data on MSN Money and not have MS Money upload it there again. If there is a way to stop it, please let me know. Thanks, Brett No problem: Tools: Settings: Access your Money data on the Web. Then you'll be able to disable it. -- "Brett" <baisley@h o t ma i .com> wrote in message news:O9vVj9ZqFHA.1336@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello, > >...

Dominican Suppliers
www.melcove.com, Business to Business Place for every Supplier of Products and Services from Dominican Republic. steel, cigars, construction, cosmetics, technology, health, stones, chemicals, food, drinks, fruits, metal, industrials, transportation, textil, vehicle, plastics, rubber, adhesives, security, cleanning, office, supplies, etc. ...

Windows Mail can't see incoming message
I thought I posted about this about a week ago, but I can't see my message anymore. I am on Vista Home Premium with Windows Mail. There was a particular incoming message, which I could see in my ISP's webmail and I could see on my local machine in MailWasher, but which was completely ignored by Windows Mail - it just didn't see it. That's still happening, but now there are three incoming messages behaving in this way. All are from the same site (user@site) but not all from the same user, and I have no problem with still other users at that site. What shou...

HOW CAN i DEVELOP A FORMULA THAT RESTRICY SYMBOLS CHARACTERS TO B
I am trying to developt a formula that restrict symbol characters to be entred as data, help me! This will limit data entry to alphanumeric characters: =SUMPRODUCT((MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("$1:$"&LEN(A1))),1)>="A")*(MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("$1:$"&LEN(A1))),1)<="Z")+ISNUMBER(-MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("$1:$"&LEN(A1))),1)))=LEN(A1) Are there any other characters which you may wish to enter? Steve D. "Rodrjua" <Rodrjua@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61E5CBBC-B00E-4BCF-B46D-8A9B5D247836@micr...

Windows Mail; delete selected items
When I select items in a box and try to delete them, I get the message: (Er is een onbekende fout opgetreden) An unknown error occurred. -- Kees Try these options. How to Remove a Stuck Undeletable Message in Windows Mail http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html WMUtil http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/Default.aspx -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Kees" <Kees@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1DDCE31-D8A0-46AF-B2C7-09F69CC55A42@microsoft.com... > > When I select it...

Meeting responses for a calendar item are going to a recipient that is not on the "TO:" list.
I'm trying to figure out why meeting responses are going to an alternate recipient. I thought resonses would go to the meeting organizer. However, responses to meetings are going to the meeting organizer and to another recipient who is not listed in the TO: field for the meeting. Any ideas on troubleshooting this one? In news:ex$Pa6WEGHA.2724@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl, Jaycee <jaycee131973@hotmail.com> typed: > I'm trying to figure out why meeting responses are going to an > alternate recipient. I thought resonses would go to the meeting > organizer. However, re...

Deleting rows in Excel based on criteria
Is it possible to automate the deletion of row based on a criteria, preferably through a macro? i.e. - run the macro and delete any row who has "NO" in last column. >and delete any row who has "NO" in last column. last column IV ?? -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "SteveM" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05ac01c3afb9$b76f96a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to automate the deletion of row based on a > criteria, preferably through a macro? i.e. - run the > macro an...

Exchange 2000/2003 Public Folder item Permissions Problem
Hi all, I've been having an issue with Public Folder permissions for some time now. The folder contains contacts for all company employees (most of which aren't on the company network), and is maintained by HR. Brief history is: Had Exchange 2000 on Win Server 2000, and a previous administrator modified public folder permissions on the M drive in explorer (a no-no). This resulted in the ESM "Invalid window handle" error. Managed fix these by following KB 270905 (permissions nuke), and deleting and re-creating the public folder. The latter was a problem, as most users were ...

How can I change background color of DateTimePicker?
I know that subj is possible because of Borland C++ Builder allow to change background color of DateTimePicker just assigning a color to Color property of TDateTimePicker component. When I try to make this subj using MFC I've got nothing. Can anybody help me? My code : m_date.Create(WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | DTS_SHORTDATEFORMAT, CRect(36, 0, 116, topHeight), this, 1006); m_date.SetFormat("dd.MM.yyyy"); m_date.Invalidate(TRUE); CDC *dc=m_date.GetDC(); assert(dc->SelectObject(&greenBrush)); ReleaseDC(dc); With best regards, Sergiy Yakovyn. "Sergiy ...

Knowledge Base Document 862303
In an earlier post dated 9 December, I asked about resolving a register that has "server failure 111 while attempting to create a journal entry." A reply posted referred to this link. I've not yet received my log on info to access the PartnerSource (my application to become an RMS partner was fax'ed a few weeks ago). Any chance someone could send me this document as an attachment? https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;862303 Thanks, Rick rbiservices@comcast.net ...

Can't shut down outlook
When I shut down my computer after having used my outlook program I have been getting an "end program" notice for outlook.exe giving me a few seconds to click "end now" before I can shut down. I have closed outlook and all other programs before I shut down. I ran outlook "detect and repair" but to no avail. Windows seems to think that outlook is still running when I shut down. What should I do? ...

Fill Down based on variable, offset?
Hi all and thanks for such an AMAZING site! You've vicariously gotte me out of several programming jams in the past, and I'm now a littl embarrassed to find myself between a code and a hard place. I am writing (trying, anyway) VBA to do the following: Once a macro is executed, excel looks at rows that have the followin information: ColA ColB ColC ColD ITEM# SLOT# DESCRIPTION # of Labels 5301 DF212 Black Beans 5 1624 CA172 Rice 2 I need to tell excel to (on a different sheet) create: 5301 Black Beans DF2...

why i can't see Send button in my outlook for applying a job in cr
why i can't see Send button in my outlook for applying a job in craiglist "ruchie" <ruchie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56CA25CA-151E-4488-81A2-28805B4E5F80@microsoft.com... > why i can't see Send button in my outlook for applying a job in craiglist Did you set up an email account in Outlook? ...

On POS: Disallow Tendering with no items rung in the transaction
You can tender a transaction even when no items have ever been recorded. The drawer doesnt open but the receipt prints, as if it were legitimate transaction and it leaves room for potential cashier fraud. This should not be allowed under any circumstances. Perhaps if the balance is Zero and items were previously recorded(voided or refunded) there can be an option to allow or not allow finalization. Or with Manager Override. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the &...

How do I update Excel 2000 macros to work in Excel 2002?
Working in Excel 2002/XP on an Excel worksheet which was created in Excel 2000, I get an error message "Subscript out of range". How do I update the macro to work in Excel 2002? Hi normally the macro should work without a problem. Best to post the part of your code which generates this error -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "BobPetrich" <BobPetrich@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9CF34907-0A45-4392-8F04-556EFB1F89E4@microsoft.com... > Working in Excel 2002/XP on an Excel worksheet which was created in Excel > 2000, I get a...

How can I just count the records where the check boxes are "No"
I have a audit form and when something is not completed then it is not checked. I need to have a total at the end of each item to count how many records are out of compliance. Please HELP need by this afternoon Julie Gilliam <Julie Gilliam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a audit form and when something is not completed then it is not >checked. I need to have a total at the end of each item to count how many >records are out of compliance. Use a text box with an expression like any of: =Count(IIf([check field], Null, 0)) or =Sum(IIf([check field...

How can you tell "To" address used for spam?
I have a few exchange email addresses on my account. Spam level is to the point that I want to delete the affected account. How can I tell which address is being used? Nick You mean you have multiple addresses for the same mailbox? The easiest way to pin-point the address would be the create multiple mailboxes for these addresses. Emails will get sorted for you automatically. -- Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Nick" <nickmirro@spamarrest.com> wrote in message...

Re: How can I search for a ? in Publisher?
I just sent my suggestion to the shredder. <G> -- Don - Vancouver, USA "May your shadow be found in happy places." - Native North American "Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message news:... >I see you problem; don't know if your search can be done in Publisher but >here's a way of finding the "?s" in your file. > > Save the file as a PDF and do the search in your PDF viewer program. This > works for me using PDF-XChange to create the file and PDF-XChange Viewer > to do the searching....

Can't open XP file in Windows
We have XP machines and Windows machines. A Publisher file was created in XP and I am unable to open it in Windows. The error message is "You cannot open a file from a different version". I would appreciate any assistance on this issue. Hi gwen (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || We have XP machines and Windows machines. A Publisher file || was created in XP and I am unable to open it in Windows. || The error message is "You cannot open a file from a || different version". I would appreciate any assistance on || this issu...

who can I protect with password the Interchange entry
Hi, I'm trying to protect the Interchange entry with a password, in GP8 I used the general password but, I did update to GP9 and this protection was eliminated and all the user can change or entry a new interchange rate. Who can protect this?. Armando Sanchez This was removed in GP 9.0 because it was accidently added to the window in 8.0 (it wasn't previously). You can use regular GP security to keep everyone you want out of the window. The only other solutions I can think of are: 1. Dexterity customization - pretty easy 2. VBA coding but not as secure but would work. 3. I thi...

Sometimes can see all text in a cell, sometimes not.
Hello On Sheet1, I can see all text in cells that have lots of text in them, but have cells to the right that are empty. On Sheet 2, I pasted the following formula into cell A1, and copied this into all of the cells on Sheet2: =IF(Sheet1!A1=0,"",Sheet1!A1) Now I can't see all of the text in a cell, even if the cell to the right of it is empty. Is there anything that can be done? I am copying these cells and pasting them into Word as a picture. Thanks! Its because if you type text into a cell it will spill over into empty cells so it can be read. If you then enter in a...

Can I purchase just Outlook 2007 without the entire office?
I want only Outlook 2007, so that I can synch with my Motorola Q. Will this product work alone? I have the trial version and it seems to work, but it's the trial of the entire office suite. Is there anywhere I can download Outlook instead of getting it mailed to me? I have tried Microsoft but they only offer full suite downloads. Thanks Joey Joey wrote: > I want only Outlook 2007, so that I can synch with my Motorola Q. > Will this product work alone? I have the trial version and it seems > to work, but it's the trial of the entire office suite. Is there > anywhere I ...

Stop Chart Style (Format) Update
Hi TWIMC, I'm using Excel 2000 and I have a pivot table that aggregates data based on REGION, COUNTRY, ZONE etc etc. Once I have set up the chart they way that I would like it to look, if I then make a change to the selection using the pivot chart buttons, e.g. I select a country and the chart re-formats itself back to what appears to be the default style. I've set my chart style to the default but it still doesn't keep my chart style. What I want is that the chart style remains the same but the new values are just plotted onto the chart. I'm sure there is an option to turn ...