House account limits, and another Run time error

I need unlimited $$ accounts for in house charges that are
tender types,
not for customers that we create for mailorders and such.
These house charges are meant for other departments within
our company.
Ideas?

Run time error '-2147467259(80004005)'.
[DBNETLIB][connetionWrite (wrapperWrite()).] General
newtork error. Check your network documentation.

---what could this mean??---

0
anonymous (74722)
8/3/2004 9:17:42 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You'd want to be careful of accounting ramifications, but you can do this:

1. Set up a new account type, say "InHouse". (Database > Account Types > New -- settings within may not matter much.)
2. Set up a new customer, say "InHouse Customer". (Database > Customer > New) On the Account Information tab, set the account type to InHouse and credit limit very high as suggested in another post.
3. Make sure you have an Account tender type defined. (Database > Tender Types)
4. When ringing up InHouse sales, set the customer on the order to InHouse Customer and tender to account.

Will that work?

"CT" wrote:

> I need unlimited $$ accounts for in house charges that are
> tender types,
> not for customers that we create for mailorders and such.
> These house charges are meant for other departments within
> our company.
> Ideas?

0
Cookie1 (11)

Watch Accounts
I've set up a watch account to use as a model for an investing strategy I'd like to try. In doing so, I want to be able to track theoretical purchases and sales of individual stocks. I want to track sales and realized gains on my Account Summary window, so I've customized my view to do that. After entering a purchase, the stock shows up just fine on my account summary, but after I sell all shares, it no longer shows up so I'm not able to track realized gains. How can I get Money to continue to display the stocks I no longer "own" in my watch account? a w...

Override Limit
Customer credit limit override approval workflow Hello all, Just wondering if/where we can have the override credit limit just in effect on either the Order or Invoice and not both. TY No, the concept is that when you clear a credit hold on an order the customer must have paid their bill our you increased their credit, which would allow it to move forward as an invoice, unless, of course, they over charged and under paid again. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our...

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Converting Opportunity to Account

Setting up a new e-mail account

OLK 2k7

Error in Outlook Today

Archiving Projects in Project Accounting
Has anyone found a way to archive closed projects? Thanks. ...

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

stop error defeating me

Error in database....

question about Time

Outlook 2000 running on XP
After setting up a mail account and indicating that I want all passwords remembered I constantly get promoted to enter a password when I send and/or receive mail. I have clicked remember password in all dialoges during the setup process and via the Properties dialog following the creation of the account. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatfully accepted Thanks "Ross Andrews" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1fb4801c45886$24eab500$a301280a@phx.gbl... > After setting up a mail account and indicating that I > want all passwords reme...

error 553

Time Clock Systems
Does anyone have a recommendation for a time clock system that integrates well with GP? On Oct 5, 10:20 am, kcd <k...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone have a recommendation for a time clock system that integrates > well with GP? We just implemented Time Matrix by Business Computers (www.business- computers.com) and are very happy with it. We implemented quickly the hardware wasn't propietary or complicated so we were able to source our own stuff. Troy I can speak highly of Unitime's time and attendance system. They are a relatively low cost solution t...