Hotfix time out HQ Server

Our chain of 40 stores has recently installed the latest hotfix, immediately
thereafter stores communications deteriorated from a few minutes to 45
minutes to over an hour per store for only around 40 transactions. The comm
schedule was set for every 3 hours and staggered so only 1 store connected at
a time. There are roughly 18000 items at HQ.

Our IT vendor recommended installing 2 dedicated comms servers to address
this problem. We have now done so, and the stores still take 45 minutes to an
hour to sync, even with no transactions, and regularly time out even if
connected on the LAN. The result is all my RMS HQ data for ordering, sales,
stock on hand and valuation is incorrect at HQ. My IT partner has advised
that there is nothing they can do to remedy the problem, and the only
solution is for my IT staff to sit there and manually connect to stores 1 at
a time - this process would take 16 hou

Apparently this is a known error with the hotfix, microsoft are well aware
of it, and have not bothered to put out a hotfix to fix the hotfix. In the
meantime, my business is suffering and losing massive turnover as a direct
result. I am now considering legal action as a final and last resort.

If anyone else has suffered this problem please let me know if there is a
way to fix this, other than removing the hotfix as then valuation is
incorrect at HQ. Microsoft are you listening?
0
Shaun (103)
5/8/2008 6:11:07 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

dear shaun: RMS is frustrated
this is not the only bug in RMS
1- HQ do not calculte average cost of item
2- HQ do not update supplier data
3- a very bad find item form comparing with other systems.
4- the hard work you need for PO planner work sheet (in central PO)
and others,we hope to get more support from microsoft.
best reqards

"Shaun" wrote:

> Our chain of 40 stores has recently installed the latest hotfix, immediately
> thereafter stores communications deteriorated from a few minutes to 45
> minutes to over an hour per store for only around 40 transactions. The comm
> schedule was set for every 3 hours and staggered so only 1 store connected at
> a time. There are roughly 18000 items at HQ.
>
> Our IT vendor recommended installing 2 dedicated comms servers to address
> this problem. We have now done so, and the stores still take 45 minutes to an
> hour to sync, even with no transactions, and regularly time out even if
> connected on the LAN. The result is all my RMS HQ data for ordering, sales,
> stock on hand and valuation is incorrect at HQ. My IT partner has advised
> that there is nothing they can do to remedy the problem, and the only
> solution is for my IT staff to sit there and manually connect to stores 1 at
> a time - this process would take 16 hou
>
> Apparently this is a known error with the hotfix, microsoft are well aware
> of it, and have not bothered to put out a hotfix to fix the hotfix. In the
> meantime, my business is suffering and losing massive turnover as a direct
> result. I am now considering legal action as a final and last resort.
>
> If anyone else has suffered this problem please let me know if there is a
> way to fix this, other than removing the hotfix as then valuation is
> incorrect at HQ. Microsoft are you listening?
0
BACHA11 (30)
5/8/2008 6:46:08 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_EF3E614E

Good afternoon Shaun,

Thank you for posting about an increase in processing time for worksheet
401s after you applied hotfix number 9 (build 2.0.0115).

The fix that was put in to hotfix number 9 to resolve an issue related to
using the 'Calculate HQ item cost as weighted average' option is what
caused this processing time increase.

There are 3 options available to you if the worksheet processing times are
too long for you to function in your environment:

1. Uninstall hotfix 9 and roll back to the previously installed hotfix..

Here are the steps to only remove an installed hotfix; and the KB number
for hotfix 9 is 945792

Windows Vista
a. Click Control Panel.
b. Click Uninstall a Program.
c. Click View installed updates.
d. Click on 'Retail Management System 2.0, Hotfix KB 945792' located under
each application you have installed (Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store
Operations, Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters, Microsoft Dynamics RMS
Headquarters Client)
e. Click Uninstall.
f. A message should appear that states "Are you sure you want to uninstall
this update?".
g. Click Yes.

Windows XP
a. Click Control Panel.
b. Click Add or Remove Programs.
c. Select the Show updates box at the top of the Add or Remove Programs
page.
d. Click on 'Retail Management System 2.0, Hotfix KB  942316' located under
each application you have installed (Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store
Operations, Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters, Microsoft Dynamics RMS
Headquarters Client).
e. Click Remove.
f. A message should appear that states "Are you sure you want to remove
this update from your computer?".
g. Click Yes.

2. Wait for Service Pack 2 for RMS 2.0 as this removes the fix for the
issue related to the 'Calculate HQ item cost as weighted average' option
that was put in hotfix number 9.

While no release date has been announced for SP2; it is scheduled for
release in Q2 of 2008.

3. Turn off the 'Calculate HQ item cost as weighted average' in HQ Manager
| File | Configuration | Options.

A resolution to the processing time issue related to the 'Calculate HQ item
cost as weighted average' option is of the highest priority once service
pack 2 is released.

Todd Berger
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

--------------------
From: =?Utf-8?B?U2hhdW4=?= <Shaun@discussions.microsoft.com>
Subject: Hotfix time out HQ Server
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 11:11:07 -0700

[...]

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Good afternoon Shaun,
\par
\par Thank you for posting about an increase in processing time for worksheet 401s after you applied hotfix number 9 (build 2.0.0115).
\par
\par The fix that was put in to hotfix number 9 to resolve an issue related to using the 'Calculate HQ item cost as weighted average' option is what caused this processing time increase.
\par
\par There are 3 options available to you if the worksheet processing times are too long for you to function in your environment:
\par
\par 1. Uninstall hotfix 9 and roll back to the previously installed hotfix..
\par
\par Here are the steps to only remove an installed hotfix; and the KB number for hotfix 9 is 945792
\par
\par Windows Vista
\par a. Click Control Panel.
\par b. Click Uninstall a Program.
\par c. Click View installed updates.
\par d. Click on 'Retail Management System 2.0, Hotfix KB 945792' located under each application you have installed (Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations, Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters, Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters Client)
\par e. Click Uninstall.
\par f. A message should appear that states "Are you sure you want to uninstall this update?".
\par g. Click Yes.
\par
\par Windows XP
\par a. Click Control Panel.
\par b. Click Add or Remove Programs.
\par c. Select the Show updates box at the top of the Add or Remove Programs page.
\par d. Click on 'Retail Management System 2.0, Hotfix KB  942316' located under each application you have installed (Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations, Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters, Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters Client).
\par e. Click Remove.
\par f. A message should appear that states "Are you sure you want to remove this update from your computer?".
\par g. Click Yes.
\par
\par
\par 2. Wait for Service Pack 2 for RMS 2.0 as this removes the fix for the issue related to the 'Calculate HQ item cost as weighted average' option that was put in hotfix number 9.
\par
\par While no release date has been announced for SP2; it is scheduled for release in Q2 of 2008.
\par
\par
\par 3. Turn off the 'Calculate HQ item cost as weighted average' in HQ Manager | File | Configuration | Options.
\par
\par
\par A resolution to the processing time issue related to the 'Calculate HQ item cost as weighted average' option is of the highest priority once service pack 2 is released.
\par
\par
\par Todd Berger
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
\par that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par From: =?Utf-8?B?U2hhdW4=?= <Shaun@discussions.microsoft.com>
\par Subject: Hotfix time out HQ Server
\par Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 11:11:07 -0700
\par
\par Our chain of 40 stores has recently installed the latest hotfix, immediately
\par thereafter stores communications deteriorated from a few minutes to 45
\par minutes to over an hour per store for only around 40 transactions. The comm
\par schedule was set for every 3 hours and staggered so only 1 store connected at
\par a time. There are roughly 18000 items at HQ.
\par
\par Our IT vendor recommended installing 2 dedicated comms servers to address
\par this problem. We have now done so, and the stores still take 45 minutes to an
\par hour to sync, even with no transactions, and regularly time out even if
\par connected on the LAN. The result is all my RMS HQ data for ordering, sales,
\par stock on hand and valuation is incorrect at HQ. My IT partner has advised
\par that there is nothing they can do to remedy the problem, and the only
\par solution is for my IT staff to sit there and manually connect to stores 1 at
\par a time - this process would take 16 hou
\par
\par Apparently this is a known error with the hotfix, microsoft are well aware
\par of it, and have not bothered to put out a hotfix to fix the hotfix. In the
\par meantime, my business is suffering and losing massive turnover as a direct
\par result. I am now considering legal action as a final and last resort.
\par
\par If anyone else has suffered this problem please let me know if there is a
\par way to fix this, other than removing the hotfix as then valuation is
\par incorrect at HQ. Microsoft are you listening?
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_EF3E614E--

0
tberger (219)
5/8/2008 9:22:17 PM
Just another reason I never install a hotfix for at least 6 months.
Unfortunately, I have to let ya'll be the guinea pigs. Can't afford these
kinds of problems.

"Todd Berger [MSFT]" <tberger@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> sales,
> stock on hand and valuation is incorrect at HQ. My IT partner has advised
> that there is nothing they can do to remedy the problem, and the only
> solution is for my IT staff to sit there and manually connect to stores 1
> at
> a time - this process would take 16 hou
>
> Apparently this is a known error with the hotfix, microsoft are well aware
> of it, and have not bothered to put out a hotfix to fix the hotfix. In the
> meantime, my business is suffering and losing massive turnover as a direct
> result. I am now considering legal action as a final and last resort.
>
> If anyone else has suffered this problem please let me know if there is a
> way to fix this, other than removing the hotfix as then valuation is
> incorrect at HQ. Microsoft are you listening?

Hi Jason, yeah the reason we had to install the hotfix was we use RMS for our
stock management and reporting and it was not calculating average cost at HQ,
which means if you used HQ for any stock valuation reporting, it would be
incorrect (ie our management reporting and annual financial statements were
incorrect as a result)

The solution to the problem was to uncheck the calculate average cost in
configuration during the day and then check it 1st thing in the morning to
allow the calculation to run for 5 minutes (18000 items) and then uncheck it
again. This has solved our 401 problems.

"Jason" wrote:

> [...]
> > sales,
> > stock on hand and valuation is incorrect at HQ. My IT partner has advised
> > that there is nothing they can do to remedy the problem, and the only
> > solution is for my IT staff to sit there and manually connect to stores 1
> > at
> > a time - this process would take 16 hou
> >
> > Apparently this is a known error with the hotfix, microsoft are well aware
> > of it, and have not bothered to put out a hotfix to fix the hotfix. In the
> > meantime, my business is suffering and losing massive turnover as a direct
> > result. I am now considering legal action as a final and last resort.
> >
> > If anyone else has suffered this problem please let me know if there is a
> > way to fix this, other than removing the hotfix as then valuation is
> > incorrect at HQ. Microsoft are you listening?

5/27/2008 9:00:01 PM
Hi!
HQ average cost seems to be a problem. Last weekend they released SP2. In
readme file we can see:

2. WHAT'S NEW
2.1 Cumulative Release
This Microsoft Dynamics RMS service pack is cumulative and contains all
fixes that were included in Service Pack 1 and hotfixes released since
Service Pack 1.
EXCEPTION: Hotfix 9 included a change to the handling of the "Calculate HQ
item cost as weighted average" option in Headquarters. This change has been
rolled back and a more comprehensive fix will be coming soon.

So waiting for new fixes and users feedback about these...

"Shaun" <Shaun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> > advised
>> > that there is nothing they can do to remedy the problem, and the only
>> > solution is for my IT staff to sit there and manually connect to stores
>> > 1
>> > at
>> > a time - this process would take 16 hou
>> >
>> > Apparently this is a known error with the hotfix, microsoft are well
>> > aware
>> > of it, and have not bothered to put out a hotfix to fix the hotfix. In
>> > the
>> > meantime, my business is suffering and losing massive turnover as a
>> > direct
>> > result. I am now considering legal action as a final and last resort.
>> >
>> > If anyone else has suffered this problem please let me know if there is
>> > way to fix this, other than removing the hotfix as then valuation is
>> > incorrect at HQ. Microsoft are you listening?

koit (55)

Outgoing Email Server
In outlook, is it possible to send all messages from one server? It appears that currently the mail is sent using the server for the adress to which the original message was sent. micah356 wrote: > In outlook, is it possible to send all messages from one server? It > appears that currently the mail is sent using the server for the > adress to which the original message was sent. Why not set the SMTP server for all your e-mail accounts identically - use the same server for all of them? ...

Symantec Gateway Security 360 with Win2000/Exchange Server
Exchange Server was not changed Windows 2000 Small Business Server was not changed New Cisco 1841 Router New Symantec Gateway Security 360. All outbound email is functioning properly except email sent to a few domains, ie: AOL. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: XXXXXXXXXX Sent: 2/17/07 12:06 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: xxxxxxxxxxxx@aol.com on 2/19/07 12:18 PM Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator. <servername.com #4.4.7> any ideas of how the SGS-360 needs ...

How to output file to remote server via Out-File -filepath
I am using Invoke-Sqlcmd from SQLPS to execute a stored proc, and want to output a log to a path on the remote server that I get earlier in my script. So first I get the path by querying a table, and capture it in a $Path variable: $Path=Invoke-Sqlcmd -Query "select value from MyTable where name = 'Path';" -Database MyDB -ServerInstance "$Servername" I then try to execute my stored proc, and put the output to the path I got earlier: Invoke-Sqlcmd -Query "EXEC MyStoredProc;" -QueryTimeout 65534 -Database MyDB -ServerInstance "$Serve...

Mail Delivery Locally Between Two Exchange servers Locally
Hi, 1) I have two Exchange servers hosting Exchange 2000, Exchange 2003 in the same subnet. 2) two domains are different from each other (DmainA.com.sg, DonainB.com.sg). 3) When these exchange servers send mails, it will go through the SMTP of its own. 4) when DomainA send mail to DomainB or viseversa it will go through the SMTP which results slow delivery of mail. Q:- 1) is there any way i can configure these servers to deliver mail to each other directly. 2) on Exchange 2000 any mail for DomainB must go through any conector,deliver directly or smar...

Decommission mail server
I currently have 2 E2K7 mailbox servers. I have 2 Cas/hub servers and one edge. I have moved all mailboxes to the newer mailbox server and have no public folders which I have created on either server. The Default Public Folder database is pointing to the newer mailbox server on all mail databases. I want to decommission the older mailserver and was wondering what steps need to be taken in regards to public folder databases. On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:00:02 -0700, Maav <marc@lrsddotnet.donotspam> wrote: >I currently have 2 E2K7 mailbox servers. I have 2 Cas/hub servers and o...

Where to download: SBS 2008 with Windows Server 2008 Service Pack
I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 referenced below for download there. http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.aspx Can someone please point me at where I can find this version available for download? Thanks ozinca wrote: > I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 > referenced below for download there. > > http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.a...

Faulting application name: iexplore.exe In Windows 2008 Server R2
I am not certain why I keep getting this exception message. In fact I get a pop up most each time I try to access or connect using IE. Did a bit of searching, and have not found a good fix for this yet. I am running a Windows Server 2008 64bit machine. I tried blaming it on IE add-ons, but now I am running in NO-ADDON mode with no add-ons but the problem persists.I would appreciate it if someone helped with with a fix for this on my server. ERRORS TYPES SO FAR ============================================= Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7600.16385, tim...

Behind the times
Behind the times, I know. I have recently graduated from Office 2000 to 2003. In 2000, when I would insert a picture I could format it with one or more items (line, line color, position, etc) and then move on to the next jpg, hit the F4 key and the photo would have the same formatting. That doesn't seem to work in 2003. Help files discuss "repeat" on the edit menu, but it doesn't seem to work on a pic. What am I missing here? This is going to be a pain to format each picture individually. I don't have 2003 handy to check, so I'm not sure what t...

screen freeze after long time running
Hi I have a program written in Microsoft Visual C++ .NET . Its interface is based on CFormView. It includes three tabs to show information and plots. The plots are made by BitBlt() which copies data from the vectors to the screen around every 5 minutes. The problem is that after the program runs continuously for more than 3 days the screen freezes. Nothing is updated. I have to minimize the window and it may return to normal look. Some static labels on the interface also freeze or appear strange look. Does anyone have similar experience ? Thank you for your hints or suggestions! <e...

automatically sending messages at set times??
Wondering if there's a way with Outlook to send a default message at a specified time?? ie: a message for my ex to repay me her debts on a weekly basis :P "Adam Membrey" <membreya@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O$2Z4y0zEHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Wondering if there's a way with Outlook to send a default message at a > specified time?? > > ie: a message for my ex to repay me her debts on a weekly basis :P Sure if you are willing to write code but chances are it would be easier to do from the command line with one of the email utilities like ...

can i see the date the last time a cell was changed?
I am trying to figure out a formulla to make the date appear in one cell everytime anouther cell's data is chaged. Use a worksheet_change event to copy the cell address and put in a date stamp. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "JohnNuTek" <JohnNuTek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5085A544-CBF4-4B81-A244-B03DE9A0E9E6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to figure out a formulla to make the date appear in one cell > everytime anouther cell's data is chaged. There really isn't a worksheet formula to do that. Typicall...

Open excel sheet twice at same time?
Hi, Probably a question asked all the time, but I often have trouble opening a file after making a desktop shortcut to an excel file. When opening, it gives an error message about opening a file with the same name at the same time (even though I'm not). The error message continues by saying that it doesn't matter if the files are in different folders and suggests renaming one of the files. Any ideas? Thanks. Robert No reason I can think of that would cause Excel to load the file twice irrespective of launching it from a shortcut. Couple of things to check: - The file isn'...

CLick on Box to enter time of day
I have a worksheet where payment is entered in column C. I would like to use Column B as a time stamp. In other words as soon as data is entered in C5 then the exact time comes up in B5. When data is entered in C6 then the exact time cones up in C5. I do not want this time to change even when the page is saved and opened later on. Elfego You can enter a static time in a cell by hitting CTRL + SHIFT + ;(semi-colon) You could also use event code to enter a static date when you enter something in a cell. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) 'when entering data in ...

Time entered (and handled as data) in simple minutes and seconds.
Using Excel 2003. How can I get Excel to display and handle entries for duration in minutes and seconds only (without having to enter a 4'30" entry as 0:04:30)? I have gotten as far as getting it to display as "04:30.0", but all I need is single digit minutes (data on this spreadsheet will never go over 9:59) and double digit seconds (and to be able to enter them simply as in "4:30"). I couldn't find that as an option in the ones listed for time in the cell format dialogue box. Right now I have to enter 0:04:30 in order to get it to work right. Is t...

is it possible to host multiple CRM databases on 1 SQL server?
Hi, Is it possible to host two separate (on premise) CRM server databases on one SQL server? I am trying to achieve the above scenario, but there can only be one MSCRM_config database on any one instance of the SQL server. The Implementation guide isn't too clear about what to do in this situation. - Can two CRM databases share the same MSCRM_config file? - Do I need to install another instance of SQL server for the second CRM database? Or is there another solution? Thanks Depends on your CRM installation. If you are running the Enterprise version, then you can add a new org...

Microsoft Business Portal Project Time and Expense Software Compon
I'm interested in the time and expense functionality (called "Business Portal Project Time and Expense") that is described under "Dynamics GP" domain. However, I do not readily see the relationship between "Dynamics GP" and "Microsoft Business Portal Project Time and Expense." What Microsoft products do I need in order to reach my goal of operating "Business Portal Project Time and Expense"? Many thanks. In terms of what you need to purchase, the answer depends upon what you have an what licensing method you are using: The Time and...

CComboBox shows only one item at a time !
Hi All, I am using CComboBox control and have tried both dropdown and dropddown list styles. The problem is that I have several items in the combo box but dropdown shows only 1 at a time (i.e. the arrows of v-scrollbar are stuck together).. How do I remedy this ? Thanks in advance. Ashish Got it... Thanks "Ashish" <abc@def.com> wrote in message news:eqRb$LSyDHA.2304@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > I am using CComboBox control and have tried both dropdown and dropddown list > styles. The problem is that I have several items in the combo box but > dropdown sho...

Moving Exchange DB's to a new server (different name)
In a DR test, we moved SG's to a new server, different server name, same SG and MS name. MS mounts, can not connect to mailbox. Delete mailbox, create a new one, we can then connect. Delete this mailbox, reconnect to the original, and now we can connect. How can we accomplish this in bulk? In other words, after doing a system state restore of AD, then a system state of Exchange, restored MS file, mounted, etc. We were unable to connect to these mailboxes. I am assuming this is related to GUID's. Any thoughts? Users in AD specify a server by name. When you say that you move mailbo...

Exchange 2003 server outgoing mail queue clogging DSL Line
Hello everyone - I've searched high and low, and can't seem to find a good solution to this problem: I'm a network administrator and support several small business, many of which are about 20 users. We usually have only one SBS Server. The problem that I have is that once in a while I'll get a user on the network who abuses the system and mass mails people (about 20 at a time for example) an e-mail with a large attachment (Like 10 MB for example). Typically my clients are on a business class DSL line which is 256 Mbps up / 4 Mbps down. When I catch these servers with many m...

Outlook 2003 can not connect to Exchange 2003 server through VPN
Hi, We have a Exchange 2003 server running on windows 2000 server. Everything is working fine (Outlook client, OWA) for LAN. The server has two NIC, one connect to LAN, another one connect to firewall with different subnet. I can ping both NIC after I established VPN connection from outside internet, also can open OWA using both NIC ip address. I updated "hosts" file on remote computer for the exchange server name and ip address translation. But, When I setup exchange server in outlook 2003 on the remote computer, type in the exchange server name and user name(User account is al...

IS Mailbox Average Delivery Time
We are using HP Open View and are receiving messages stating: “The IS Mailbox database instance 'SG2-Front-House'Average Delivery time (13228 secs) for last 10 messages is too high (>=10 secs)” We receive an alert approximately 4 times an hour with the seconds ranging anywhere from 100 to 30,000. We had restriction set on a SMTP connector at one point. We removed these to see if this was the cause. Nothing has changed. I have looked online, but can’t find much information as to what might cause this. One theory I was leaning towards was the fact that we have some users w...

Multiple CRM Servers with Multiple Exchange Servers
I've read several places that you can't have multiple CRM servers in a single domain work properly b/c the Exchange Router will only work with one Exchange server. What if you have multiple Exchange servers? Can you use say CRM Server 1 with Exchange Server 1 and CRM Server 2 with Exchange Server 2? yes this should work as each exchange server will also have a microsoft crm exchange connector on it which will only communicate with one crm web server "TG" <TG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E82D2C8B-CA11-4B66-BF28-083CF98E49A2@microsoft.com......

Exchange 2k3 backup
Finally decided to really learn Exchange... someone else migrated the Exchange server from SBS to Exchange Enterprise 2k3... I've never really rolled up my sleeves in learning it in-depth so I've decided to set up a new server and install the Exchange 2k3 as a backup. Since I'm a relatively newbie to Exchange, can someone point me in the right direction to follow so that I can duplicate our live Exchange server onto a backup box? Any pitfalls to watch out for? Thanks, R Green your only options for a "backup" box are to use some version of clustering, or to use a 3r...

Saving emails on the server for 2 computers
We have two computers connected with a router and both have Windows XP home edition on them. Now my desktop I use Outlook Express for emails and I have it set up to save messages on the server until I delete same. That way I can receive emails on both computers. On the laptop I use Microsoft outlook for emails and if I go in and read the emails they automatically delete them from my server and I cannot retrieve them on my desktop in Outlook Express. So. I have tried going into Microsoft outlook on the laptop and gone into, tools, account settings, data files and then I'm lost on ...

Replicating exchange server
I already have Windows2003 SP1 with exchange server 2003 on an HP Server . I am planning to create another machine with the same exact configuration that would be a replicate incase original system has problem. Any idea what I should be aware of. this will not work...only way to accomplish this is to use some flavor of clustering, or some third party solution...Marathon Technologies', NeverFail; there are a few out there... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "esfandiarfard" <esfandiarfard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B285F554-A6C2-43BA-90B6-D0C465D77459@micro...