Honw to decrpyt the RMS database path in the registry?

Hello, Good day to everyone!

Does anyone knows how to decrypt the SQL database path of RMS in the
registry?
I need this to automate my customized module installer to the Store
Operation as an integration to our client.

Please, need help. Thanks

Best Regards,
Dexter Vanzuela
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Use QSRules.Session.Database property to get the connection string

"Online issue" wrote:

> Hello, Good day to everyone!
>
> Does anyone knows how to decrypt the SQL database path of RMS in the
> registry?
> I need this to automate my customized module installer to the Store
> Operation as an integration to our client.
>
> Please, need help. Thanks
>

> Best Regards,
> Dexter Vanzuela
Oh I see, Okay. I will try. Thanks.. Give you feedback on this.

Regards
Dexter Vanzuela

"RetailHero(tm)" wrote:

> Use QSRules.Session.Database property to get the connection string
>
> "Online issue" wrote:
>
> > Hello, Good day to everyone!
> >
> > Does anyone knows how to decrypt the SQL database path of RMS in the
> > registry?
> > I need this to automate my customized module installer to the Store
> > Operation as an integration to our client.
> >
> > Please, need help. Thanks
> >

> > Best Regards,
> > Dexter Vanzuela

SQL Database Backup critical problem transaction log
I am having a serious problem with a particular database. DPM says that the database is inconsistent and no attempts to do a consistency check seems to clear it. Even worse, the transaction log of this database has grown to such a size that any action on the database gives an error saying that the transaction log is full. Even attempts to expand or add to the transaction logs gives this error. The sys.databases table for the database says that the reason why the transaction log cannot be reused is 2 - backup. On Nov 25, 5:31=A0pm, Innovations <Innovati...@discussions.m...

add an included path?
Hello, I am the administrator for Project Server 2003 which has a web application PWA that is basically Sharepoint. All of this is on SP3 as part of my migration from project 2003 to 2007, I must migrate the sharepoint stuff from 2.0 to 3.0. When i run the prescan tool, the error logs tell me that the root url : http://servername/root and http://servername cannot be scanned. then gives me a list of Lists that " has not been scrubbed" when i ran the stsadm.exe -databaserepair, it tells returns telling me that there are no orphaned items. My next step is to reatt...

Time Clock in RMS
We use the time clock feature in RMS and are, for the most part, happy with the results. Some of the issues we have with it are: We really do not want to give all employees that "punch the clock" the ability to sign on to POS but that seems to be a neccessity to use this feature. We would like to be able to attach a message to an employee that will pop-up when that employee attempts to punch in. Messages such as "see store manager when you arrive" or "W4 is due today" would be very helpful in communicating with each employee. Does anyone make a time cloc...

excel path incorrect problem
Strange problem with excel 2002 sp3 on windows 2000 sp4. If we open an excel document via exel - eg file - open the document opens. However if we go to the network folder directly and try to open the same file we get an error - cannot find file - path/libary incorrect ? I did a seach for .xlb file which I know can be a problem and cannot find this at all but symptoms of this are usually excel hanging and not opening at all ? Any suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks Carolyn Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or ---...

database query/names issue, causing excel to be sluggish
I have an issue with an excel worksheet I've created. WorkbookA has "Names" which are used to define drop-down menus in WorksheetA. These "Names" are defined to reference a WorksheetB (also in WorkbookA) which itself is populated by a database query, pulling from another Excel WorkbookB. The logic is that WorkbookB should not be touched by the User, only an Admin, and Workbook A is used by User. The Names in WorkbookA are to prevent incorrect entries. Now that I've set it up, WorkbookA is moving really sluggish, but if I delete all the Names it speeds up again....

database problem
I am a novice try to do a database. I am doing a table that requires me to constantly put in the number of times someone answers "yes" "no" or "sometimes" on a survey. I am looking for a way to set up a table that does not require me to change the number manually (I will have approximately 200 answers), but cannot find a formula that will make a cell continuously increase in value by 1. Is this possible to set up in Excel, or am I stuck doing all of this manually? Please help, I have 5 similar surveys to do! Assume your answers are in Column A. Put t...

Retriving database properties
How can I retrieve information from the database properties so I can display them on the main form of my application? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201005/1 What properties? If you are asking about things like version of Access, file location, etc, see: Splash screen with version info at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-53.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. ...

RMS 2.0 hangs when processing Payment
Hi, I have a back office 'server' and two registers. All are XP SP2. Most sales are rung up on Reg. 2 and Reg. 1 is used primarily for lookups and receiving. Reg 1 is also the PC Charge 'server'. Lately when it gets busy Reg 2 has been getting slower and slower on the Processing payment screen. Eventually it just freezes - not just the register but all of RMS. All three computers have to be rebooted for the system to work. There is no rhyme or reason that I can find. The DB is 10560KB, there is not a single item or payment type that is used when it freezes and au...

unable to create databases during the installation! Pl. Help
Hi! I have done a total fresh installation of ms-crm and loaded exchange as well as sql server but still during the installation of my crm server is gives a message: " Setup unable to create the MS-CRM databases. failed to run script:00 - create mscrm.sql. HRESULT:80040E14. unknown error. Pl. help Hi Kamal, Make sure that you register your SQL Server as your computer name, not as (local) before you install Microsoft CRM Regards, Frans Cahyadi CRM Product Manager Puspa Intimedia Internusa, PT. Phone: +62-21 526-0755 Fax: +62-21 526-0790 "Kamal Vahi" <KamalVahi@discuss...

Useless identity database?
Hi, my "Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office X Identities/Main Identity/Database" has 300KB, the Office 2008 one 22MB. And I didn't even install Entourage! Can that file go in the trash? -- Tobias Weber That database is required by Entourage, so if you do not use Entourage, you *could* theoretically delete it. However, since the other apps in the Office suite require that database as well (Word for instance accesses the Office address book for mail merge and AutoComplete), a new database will be created every time you open any one of these Office apps, so there is no point...

Best deployment path?
I am getting ready to deploy several Microsoft solutions onto two servers and am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on where each product should go, what order I should deploy stuff, and any special considerations you may have. The two servers are both dual Xeon 2.8 processors with 2 GB of RAM. The solutions are: SharePoint Portal Server 2003 CRM Server Project Server Exchange Server SQL Server Great Plains (Hopefully 8.0, possibly 7.5) BizTalk Hi Problem is if you chose to have Sharepoint and CRM on the same server you will need to create another website for CRM and make the port ...

direct upgrade from RMS 2.0 to POS 2009
Is there an upgrade path from RMS 2.0 to POS 2009? I've tried to restore an RMS database to POS 2009 and the import wizard bombs out with an error. What other choices are there? ...

Ran out of Disk on drive with priv1 database
My server with priv1 ran out of disk space. We were able to free up space on the drive, but email was down for a short period of time (15 minutes). Since that time, the system has been recording log files since the time of the error that are consuming a tremendous amount of space. The email system recovered once space was again available, and we have not noticed any issues. During this time, we removed a great deal of content from individual mailboxes. At this time priv1 is 3.8GB, and 1221 event shows 3GB available. Am I correct in performing the following: 1) offline defrag of p...

RMS and Mfg Returns
How does everyone in RMS Land handle Returning Defective product to MFG? What do you do in RMS? Benjamin, Use the transfer out. Daniel Nurol Point of Sale and Barcoding www.nurol.com 404-352-3587 >-----Original Message----- >How does everyone in RMS Land handle Returning Defective >product to MFG? What do you do in RMS? >. > I've tried using transfer out, which seems to work fine on the RMS side, but we transfer from there over to QuickBooks at which time it becomes a bill. We took and deleted at that time and create a QB entry for RMS returns which then balances ...

Database conversion
I'd like to convert an Access 2000 that i had on an xp machine to an Access 2007 database on my new Windows 7 machine. Whenever i attempt to either 'Save As' or 'Convert' I get a message that the database is already opened exclusively by the 'Admin' user and to try again when the database is available. What am i doing wrong? Thanks for the help. On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 13:15:01 -0800, BudinPA <BudinPA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'd like to convert an Access 2000 that i had on an xp machine to an Access >2007 database on my new ...

How to create the manual in Access database
Hello, I have created my church membership database. And I have created the manual with pictures using words. My question is how can I append this manual, that can be read opened by database menu. Thanks for any help. -- Frank Situmorang On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 20:09:01 -0700, Frank Situmorang <FrankSitumorang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: What format is it in? If you turned it into a Help file, Access could call it up. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Hello, > >I have created my church membership database. And I have created the manual >with pictur...

Upgrade- Remove- RMS 1.3 and SQL DESKTOP ENGINE
Hi- One last question before I upgrade- 1) Add and Remove- I need to Remove RMS 1.3 2) do I also need to Remove SQL DESKTOP ENGINE as well? Then Install RMS 2.0 Correct? Any Links on the install of RMS 2.0? Thanks Brent Brent You do not need to remove MSDE the software wizard will take you through the steps to upgrade the SQL instance. FYI it upgrades MSDE to SQL Server Express 2005. And you dont need to uninstall RMS either. Just copy the whole installation folder to some sort of backup media (External Hard disk, DVD-R, etc) Hope this helps Jere "Brent" wrote: >...

Deploying Template path
I would like to use the VB Package Wizard to deploy an Excel Template which I would like to place in the end users Template folder. i.e. C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates but am not sure how I can set this up. The wizard offers AppPath, WinPath, WinSysPath etc Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks June ...

offline database #3
when setting up two registers on a store ops network is it general practice to set up a off line database in case of network failure at time of installation? -- billr Offline database is recommended Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = = "billr3" <billr3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82CA73EF-61A5-46EB-9B2D-C6F9C8DAA59C@microsoft.com... > when setting up two registers on a store ops network is it general > practice > to set up a off line database in case of network failure at time of > inst...

Help with database
I need to create a database that lists companies, with dates items done by, money paid, notes etc. Thats okay, but I need to retain the previous years records and start a new year off fresh. How would I do that? Jenni, It sounds like you have never created a database so I'm going to suggest you start here... Jeff Conrad's resources page... http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html The Access Web resources page... http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/index.html A free tutorial written by Crystal (MS Access MVP)... http://allenbrowne.com/casu...

To use Drive Letter as Input Path in File search
Hi Guys, I intend to use the FileSearch object to list files matching certai criteria(eg file name & file size). The code displayed below works fin so long as folders are specified as the input directory/path to search However, whenever I provide a Drive letter such as "C:\" or "D:\" a the inpu path, the code executes indefinitely without responding. Th code has been displayed below. Please suggest a way to use Drive letter as Input Path With Application.FileSearch .NewSearch .LookIn = "D:\" .SearchSubFolders = includeSubFolders .Filename = searchKeyName ....

ColdFusion and RMS
Has anyone used Coldfusion Report Builder to create customer reports from RMS data in SQL? I have written a full intranet running off of the HQ database in ColdFusion. Every month, our head accountant asks me to run a custom report with data from many different HQ and SO reports and mend them into one. Just wondering if anyone has done this already. Written a report in another language that pulls the data out of SQl and the only info you have to enter in is the date range to search by. thanks, Nick This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C56681.47D...

Database Move Problem
I have an Exchange 2K3 server and I am trying to move the EDB to another drive but I keep encountering an issue. The process starts running but gets stuck at the 100% point. When I look at the task manager it states that the program is not responding. I have stopped the program and tried the whole process over but it still does the same thing. When I look at the new MDBDATA folder that I was pointing the process at it shows that it copied all of the priv.edb over. The permissions for the new EDB folder are set correctly by the way. What could be causing the database move process to be acting t...

HOW TO CONVERT DD-MM-YY to YYYYMMDD IN ACCESS DATABASE?
HI I have a project where i need to compare two sets of databases and see where they match up or not. I one of the databases is using DD-MM-YY data standard format, while the other is using the YYYYMMDD. I need to convert DD-MM-YY data into the YYYYMMDD string, so that i can link the two databases together. I have search the net for help, but yet to see how to do that in SQL/ACCESS. I figured that first i would convert the DD-MM-YY (ex. 09-Jun-06) into DD/MM/YYYY, and than convert it to YYYMMDD. That’s my theory. Perhaps there is a simpler way to do this. I'm a very new to Access/SQL s...

Dex.ini and Reports/Forms path
Why are there the lines: ReportDictionaryPath= FormDictionaryPath= in the dex.ini file. And ... why do they point to the ..\Microsoft Dynamics\GP10\Data\ subdirectory instead of where the reports and forms dictionaries live ..\Microsoft Dynamics\GP10\ subdirectory? Does this need to be changed? There is nothing in the System Administrators' manual ... in fact that manual is wrong b/c it says dex.ini lives in the ..\Microsoft Dynamics\GP10\ subdirectory. Never mind ... I see where the dynamics.set file has that same path. Guess it has to do with the whole Vista permissions thing...