historical inventory (Item Value List)

Is there any way to get RMS to display the Item Value List on previous
dates?

I would like to be able to view historical inventory category values.

TIA

Larry Leveen
OlyBikes
Bikes, Parts, Repairs
& GREAT Customer Service!

124 State Avenue NE
Olympia, WA 98501

P: 360-753-7525
F: 360-528-7526
info@olybikes.com

www.olybikes.com
Featuring free bike advocacy and safety materials!

0
olybikes (83)
1/24/2007 2:39:28 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I actually just contacted Microsoft about this myself for a client of mine.

They informed me that the inventory lists are real-time only, that there is
no way to pull historical data
from the system.  I'm hoping they have solved this problem in v2.0, but I do
not know yet.

The only way I can see to do it is to write a custom report pulling the
current inventory list and reversing
sales and inventory updates, but I don't know if all the information needed
is stored in tables ...

--
Stephanie L. Mower
TnK Group, Inc. Technical Associate

"OlyBikes" <olybikes@olybikes.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to get RMS to display the Item Value List on previous
> dates?
>
> I would like to be able to view historical inventory category values.
>
> TIA

> Larry Leveen
> OlyBikes
> Bikes, Parts, Repairs
> & GREAT Customer Service!
>
> 124 State Avenue NE
> Olympia, WA 98501
>
> P: 360-753-7525
> F: 360-528-7526
> info@olybikes.com
>
> www.olybikes.com
> Featuring free bike advocacy and safety materials!

0
smower (16)
1/25/2007 4:37:41 PM
There is an article in the knowledge base that explains how to calculate
  inventory for a previous date by using the current quantity and the
Item Movement.  You have to run 2 reports and do some math, but it CAN
be gotten out of the system.

I believe there are some add-ins available that make it easier, but I
don't have any specifics on that.  There are various techniques that can
be used to take 'snapshots' of inventory at set periods to make this
easier...

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

smower wrote:
> I actually just contacted Microsoft about this myself for a client of mine.
>
> They informed me that the inventory lists are real-time only, that there is
> no way to pull historical data
> from the system.  I'm hoping they have solved this problem in v2.0, but I do
> not know yet.
>
> The only way I can see to do it is to write a custom report pulling the
> current inventory list and reversing
> sales and inventory updates, but I don't know if all the information needed
> is stored in tables ...

0
glenn9672 (1267)

Outlook address list
Howdy; I use outlook 2000. Any way to set it so it shows the entire email address and not just the person's name? If I were to add myself for instance, after I type it in, it will show "Mitchell Rudin" (underlined) and not mrudin@bellsouth.net. This is really annoying since I need to print address lists for other people. Thanks, Mitch That depends on the view to which you are referring and the mail support mode of Outlook 2000 you are running. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mitchell Rudin" <mrudin@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:8q1re.1...

Synchronizing Item DB between POS and backoffice
In my backoffice i use a copy of my POS item database. I mainly use it to print mass labels and to process my online orders. This database is not connected in any way to the POS database. What I would like to do is to synchronize the items table between POS and backoffice. I just would like to get all new or updated items from the POS maybe once a week, or whenever i know i made changes to the POS items table. Is there an easy way to get this done? I don't want to just restore an entire backup as I would loose my online order payment processing. Both systems are on RMS 2.0 latest s...

Time Value Multiplied for Round Trip Calculation
I have a form in which the user will be selecting how long it takes to get to point B to point B using the following code: =(DateDiff("n",[DriveHours1],[DriveHours2]))\60 & Format((DateDiff("n",[DriveHours1],[DriveHours2])) Mod 60,"\:00") What I need is to be able to multiply that time by 2 and come up with a round trip total time. Any way to do this?? LRay67 - Double the difference in time before formatting. Like this: =Int(DateDiff("n",[DriveHours1],[DriveHours2])*2/60) & ":" & (DateDiff("n",[...

Items that write to customer account balance field
Does anyon know how to set up an item that actually posts credit to the customer account field. We have a service that, when prepaid for in bulk, creates discount pricing for an item. We need to track the prepaid balance until it is used up for the service. I have the accounts and tender set up to work...but I do not know how to create an item that a customer can pay for with a type of tender like cash, visa, check and have it post that about as credit to the customer account field....any help would be great...thanks -- Dirk McCuistion Are you trying to track by item instead of acc...

How do I Define A specific a value?
How do I define 3 identical values in a cell or individual cells as 3 and 2 of 3 identitical values as value 2 and 0 of 3 values equal to 1 like the following examples: 777 = 3 277 = 2 247 = 1 and so on.......... ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If I understand you correctly, I believe a VLOOKUP formula will do what you want....... Create a RangeName of your values down one column and the digets you would like to represent them in the next column t...

How do I average a row of 13 enries using the 8 highest in value.
Entries in cells E3 - 27 F3 - 35 G3 - 82 H3 - 15 I3 - 100 J3 - 86 K3 - 50 L3 - 51 M3 - 65 N3 - 19 O3 - 90 P3 - 12 Q3 - 85 I am using Excel 2003. I have a spreadsheet with many rows of information. For each row I need to take the eight highest entries and find the average. Hi You can use this: =SUM(LARGE(E3:Q3,{1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8}))/8 Regards, Per On 12 Jan., 02:28, jacqhty <jacq...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Entries in cells > E3 - 27 > F3 - 35 > G3 - 82 > H3 - 15 > I3 - 100 > J3 - 86 > K3 - 50 > L3 - 51 > M3 -...

Varify a value between two or more sheets
Hi I'm trying to locate a value (eg. 54321) between sheets in other workbooks. It's a bit hard to explain because I would like the result to be negative or not available so that I can issue the ID to new projects. In Column A in Sheet 1 and Sheet 2 there are a list of values which relate to data (names) in Column B of those sheets. Is it possible to do a search by keying a value in A1 in Sheet 3 and get a result in A2 in the same sheet. It should show a corresponding name if one is matched or a word like "none" if it doesn't find anything. Thanx in advance all Joey ...

Help
Help, I have several items which have committed inventory greater than 0, but I don't have any open work orders, layaways, back orders Purchase orders, or transfers (in/out). How do I find out which transaction created the committed inventory? How do I adjust the committed inventory? Thanks in advance for your help Jay Jay - What version are you running? We are on 1.3.0203 (*gasp*) and I know that when a work order, back order, or layaway are deleted (i.e. delete all line items from it, save changes) the inventory does not really reset itself to what it should be. You can qui...

Can you reference cell values in Headers and Footers in Excel 200.
I want to customize my Header on an Excel spreadsheet to include the value conatined in certain cells on my worksheet such that I will not have to change the header every time I change the value of the referenced cell. Does anyone know how to do this? Hi only possible with VBA using an event procedure. e.g. put the following code in your workbook module for cell A1 Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In Me.Worksheets With wkSht.PageSetup .CenterFooter = wksht.range("A1").value End With Next wkSht E...

how do i find a true value between two different times e.g. 4:15
i would like to find the exact value between two different time in hours and minutes e.g. 4:15 (4 hours 15 minutes) and not 4:42 (4.42 hours) for example. Subtract them! An example: Enter 8:45 in A1 and 5:15 in A2. Enter the formula =A1-A2 in A3 and, voila, the answer is 3:30. Excel will automatically assign the time format to A3 if it has the General number format. -- Jim "Chris01623" <Chris01623@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF16BD54-CC0C-4188-B18D-1C3CE871D95A@microsoft.com... |i would like to find the exact value between two different time in h...

Entering a value in a field and displaying converted value in anot
Hi. I am designing a front end form for entering geological well data. I have to enter depth measurements, but the information we acquire can be in feet or metres. Although it is not difficult to manually calculate the conversions, I would like to enter the measurents into one of the fields and for the other field to be automatically filled with the converted value. So if I enter a depth of 300 into the depth in feet field, the depth in metres field will take the value of 300, multiply it by 0.3048 and display the value of 91.44. Likewise, if I enter a value in the metres field, the co...

Missing Inventory Transactions
We recently discovered that all of our historical inventory transactions prior to a certain date are gone. I am fairly certain that we did not use the "remove transaction history" utility. 2 questions: 1. Is there any other way this history could be lost besides using the utility? 2. Is it possible, using a backup file, to restore this history? Thanks for any and all help. Loading from a backup file can be tricky. You would have to create a test company and restore your backup to that test company. Then open the history tables and delete all of the information currently in...

receipient at sent items is not being displayed.
how can i know the receipient at "TO:" at the sent items if it is not being displayed. i tried to click the reply all to check if it will appear at the To: but only my name was there. hope anybody could help me about this problem. Thanks.. What version of Outlook are you using. Also are you referring to when you view your Sent items folder there is not a "column" there showing the TO" Field. If this is the situation then you may just need to add that field to your view. The steps you take depend on the version of Outlook you are using but you should be abl...

Safe Lists Only setting allows unapproved e-mail?
Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong in setting up the Safe Lists Only option? I have selected this, and specified some Safe Senders, but I find that a large amount of spam still arrives in my Inbox, from senders that are not on my Safe Senders list or my Contacts list. It seems that the problem must be something obvious, but evidently not to me! Any help much appreciated. Dave ...

Fix #VALUE! error
I need a fix to a simple formula where a cell is not being recongized. example below: cell C1 has 88 in it with no visible formula cell E1 - I put in formula =product(C1,2080) returned 2080 as the solution but should have been 183040 "Charles" <Charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3567F0A-328A-4E66-8729-9B1A44CD30CE@microsoft.com... > I need a fix to a simple formula where a cell is not being recongized. > example below: > cell C1 has 88 in it with no visible formula > cell E1 - I put in formula =product(C1,2080) > returned 2...

Create a Variable from First 4-5 chars of a existing value ??
In a current table, the values in a particular field are all items like: MD45 Tuesday PM or TX341 Friday AM or FL12 Monday PM ...in other words...2 parts seperated by a space. The first part is always a State Abbrv. followed by either a 2 or 3 char. number. That first part will always be 4-5 characters long (or...everthing before the first Space). I'm needing to create a varible that is the First Part of the existing value.. ..in other words...the variable would need to be (from the above examples)... MD45 or TX341 or FL12 I'm kind of familiar with LEFT command. Would usin...

how do i narrow down the items in a pivot table drop down list?
I have business groups in one column and products for those business units in another column (with associated data in subsequent columns). When i create a pivot table and then select one particular business unit, on the drop down for the products i only want to see the products that relate to that business unit. Right now i still see all of the products and it is a big list with lots of different products. Is there a way to narrow down the drop down list when a higher order drop down in selected? Click in the down arrow for the Business Unit and you can select which business unit you...

Number of Items in an Array.
Hi, How do I find out the number of items in an array, so that I can loop check the values in the array with the incoming data. Dim Users as Variant Dim NumValues, Counter as Integer Users = Array("Bob","Fred") NumValues = Users For Counter = 0 to NumValues CheckUser = Users(Counter) If CheckUser = IncomingUser then Print "Cool" - okay this is just pseudo code. Else Print "Not Cool" End If next Cheers Craig. Hi NumValues = ubound(Users) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Craig & Co. wrote: > Hi, ...

first value of the month from a list of dates
Hello gurus, I've read through a list of message thread, and you guys are wonderfu ! . Experts !. Anyway, I hope somebody can help me with this problem. I have a list of share prices together with the dates. (about 20 to 2 dates in a month). How do i extract out the first day of every month from a list o database of 3 years (day by day) ? I think hard, but no avail. Help... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way: - add a helper colum adjacent to your data list (lets say column C) - in C1 enter the formula: =DAY(A1) ->if column A stores your dates - copy do...

How can I use my Access list to email selective groups?
How can I use my Access list to email selective groups without using my Outlook Address Book? I am using Access 2003. On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 12:59:01 -0800, ChellBelle wrote: > How can I use my Access list to email selective groups without using my > Outlook Address Book? I am using Access 2003. Download the Email2K sample database from http://www.datastrat.com/DataStrat2.html -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail ...

Pivot Table
I have 2 lists with approximately 100 items/rows, with 5 pieces of data in each row. Each list has a common element (account number). Many times the account number shows on both lists, and I want to combine How do I combine both lists to use as source data in a pivot table? ...

Problem: Mapisvc.inf and the offline address list..
Currently I have a problem with the rebuild of the Offline Address List (Exchange 2003 SP2). When I try to rebuild i get the following error: The required MAPI profile cannot be created because the file MAPISVC.INF cannot be modified. Microsoft Exchange Administrator ID number: c103073a When I try to review the client permissions of the public folder (/o=etc.) under Offline Address Book, I get the same error. The mapisvc.inf is present, 11kb, the NTFS rights are ok, I tried creating a new offline address list but this also creates the same error. The public folder is stored on a public f...

>> MAIl
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02AF_01C5B105.477722B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable >> MAIl - LIST << INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Business MULTI KLICK HERE: >> www.lux-life.de.vu << >> www.job-dich-reich.de.vu << >> www.luxcash.de.vu << >> www.konto-geld.de.vu << ************************************************************* ------=_NextPart_000_02AF_01C5B105.477722B0 Content-Type: te...

GP10 Transaction Lists don't include a BatchID column
GP10 has alot of new functionality within the 'Lists' area via the use of ribbons etc. to perform changes to documents outside of the batch environment. However the logical way to enter and group Transactions is still via the use of Batches. Within the list area I can't find a way to filter or sort my transactions by BatchID or at least see which batch the transaction belongs to without drilling into the document. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the ...

CRM 4.0 Marketing list convert multiple leads
Hello: I was directed to the mass lead conversion located within the marketing list feature from another post. However, when I try to update multiple leads into an account / contact / opportunity I get the error: An error has occurred. Not all records in the requested operation were updated. Does anyone have a workaround or solution for this? It just seems to be an error out of the box. ...