HELP! Seeking Instructions to Create Report of POS (NOT RMS) Discounts Applied #3

We need to run monthly reports to determine how many of our different
Discounts are claimed/used and the proceeds not tendered.  We have offered a
number of discounts to customers and employees as incentives and cannot find
a method to track how each discount is applied (e.g., buy one, get one free
with coupon).

The built-in Discounted Sales report in POS 2.0 lists only the resulting
Sale Price; we seek to have the report sorted by PresetDiscount type but the
Advanced Report Filter dialog does not list Discount in the Field dropdown
box and we can't locate the table in which transactions that have the Preset
Discount are applied.

In the POS Query Tool, running the query "select * from [Transaction]"
returns all the transactions since we opened our shop; however, there is no
column listing discounts, discount IDs, or discount codes.

In the TransactionEntry table, all entries in the DiscountReasonCodeID field
are 0.  I can locate a transaction where a discount was applied, but no
DiscountReasonCodeID is entered (only 0).

Running the query "select * from ReasonCode" returns only "The query
executed successfully."  I'm guessing the table is empty.

Running the query "select * from PresetDiscount" returns the discount
categories we created.

So, in which table(s) are the records of all the transactions on which
Preset Discounts have been applied?

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

watermarks #3
can you do watermarks in excel? On the Format menu, point to Sheet, and then click Background. Select the graphics file to use for the background pattern. The selected graphic is repeated to fill the sheet. You can apply solid color shading to cells that contain data. >-----Original Message----- >can you do watermarks in excel? >. > Hi maybe the following sites will help you: http://www.xl-logic.com/pages/formulas.html http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Watermark.zip And for Excel 2002+: http://cpap.com.br/orlando -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany LT wrote: >...

access 2007 crashes
when i change by code the controlsource of a textbox while opening the report, access crashes. is there a way to solve this (besides opening first in lay-out view)? michel Yes, this is one of the bugs in A2007. AFAIK, no resolution has been provided for this problem yet. Hopefully we will see it fixed when MS releases SP1 for Office 2007. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Michel Peeters" <michel@melsbroek.be> wrote in message news...

How to launch report from add-in?
Hi all, I am trying to launch a report from POS addin(RMS). but it is giving an error related to the storng name of the assembly. Can anyone please tell me how I can use the native crystal report engine that is there with POS. so that I need not embed my own crystal report dll. Any other suggestion would help. thanks Hi, The company that made some addins for me and use some printing from the addin, added the software: Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 2.0 (x86) After installing CRRedist2005_x86.msi into my system I can use their reports. Koit Lahesoo "KSS" <KSS@dis...

How to create item price list based on account number
Dear Wise People, Please forgive me but even though I have been working with Great Plains for a couple of years now, I am only now introducting myself to Report writing. I am trying to create a report that will produce Item Price List information based on Account number. In other words, instead of restricting by price level, I want to restrict by Account number (customer number) and then join from the price level on the Account Master to the item price list information and from that produce the Item Price List report. Is there a table already existing in GP which shows the price level...

HELP: "Delete Team" Privilege
Hi, I'm new to MS CRM. The default installation of MS CRM does not provide a privilege to delete a team in any of the roles (some other privileges missing as well). The manual states that the sysdamin should enable this privilege. How can this be done? What am I missing? Thanks for your help! Andrew ...

CRM 1.2 & 3 on the sae server
Is it possible to install a CRM 3 on the same server (and not to upgrade) where the 1.2 CRM is already installed? I dont believe you can do that, unless you are using server virtualization. "David Massard" wrote: > Is it possible to install a CRM 3 on the same server (and not to upgrade) > where the 1.2 CRM is already installed? Both versions use the same registry hive, so they can not run on the same machine. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "chad.buser@ncsi.cc" <chadbuserncsicc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:885DC6E8-3226-4D1F-9...

IE 7 and RMS
Many weeks ago I was advised to not install Internet Explorer 7 on my POS stations as there was some sort of bug. Has Microsoft come up with a fix for this bug yet? I have IE 7 installed on several computers that run RMS. I haven't had any problems with most of them. One of them had a problem with "scvhost.exe" it's a component where multiple copies run and sometimes eats all the cPU. After another set of updates this has seemed to fix itself. There are article through Google on how to fix it. Other than that, nothing. -- Elizabeth M. "Stringers" <tim...

Urgent Help #4
Okay here is a sequence of events that have led to a bad situation that I can't solve. User account logon was set to NAME Use account logon was renamed to NAME.SURNAME POP Mail was then configured to be delivered to the MAILBOX OF NAME (NAME.SURNAME did not exist in list of options) Logon to NAME.SURNAME and no mail existed Use account logon was renamed back to NAME Logon and no mail existed but was starting to recieve new mail It would now appear that the mail that went in to the "black hole" is in the system mailbox that is not openable. What can I do???? Help please. ...

Help #25
I own a small moving company, and I am looking for a program that will allow me to give faster quotes. I need some thing where I can give each piece of furniture a certain code and save a price for that code, and when I enter all the different types of furniture it will calculate the total of all the pieces for me. If any one has any ideas of what I could use please email me at: 2MOVERS.COM@OPERAMAIL.COM Thanks Tyrone Hi Tyrone if you'ld like to email me direct (julied_ng at hcts dot net dot au) i'll be happy to send you a workbook that might give you some ideas. Cheers Juli...

Report Footer Help Needed Please
I have a report (a bill of lading) that I want to print 4 copies of. But at the bottom of each page I need a different statement printed (1st copy - "Original", 2nd copy "Customer Copy", 3rd copy "File Copy", etc.) Can anyone guide me in the right direction to accomplish this? Duane: Thanks for your quick response. I tried this, but I can not get it to work. Any other suggestions? Thanks, T "Duane Hookom" <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message news:988241CB-1FD8-4EA7-98AD-7310A005CAA2@microsoft.com... > Allen Browne has a ...

Excel Formatting #3
I want to know how to format rows into even columns. For example, my spreadsheet has 160 rows that I would like to format into 3 even columns across a landscape page. Can anyone tell me how this is done? ...

MS POS 2.0 install in Spanish
Hi Everyone, I want to install MS POS 2.0 in Spanish. Has anyone accomplished this? Thanks, Patricia Hi Patricia.... You have to contact Mr Louis Piedra in Scansource technologies. They are the latin american partners of Microsoft RMS. I understand that they have already the files needed to run RMS 2.0 in spanish. "Patricia" wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > I want to install MS POS 2.0 in Spanish. Has anyone accomplished this? > Thanks, > > Patricia ...

customise timeline
Hi there, I need to set up a customised timeline with a "day 0" - it's to do a month end timetable for an accounting function. Day 0 would be the last day of the month and is the reference point day -3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3 4 etc Do you know how I can set this up? At the moment it goes from day 1 to day -1 and I need a day 0 in between. Thanks Thanks, Hi robbo, Are you trying to customize the Gantt chart timeline? If so, I'm sorry, the answer is no. I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along. Julie Project MVP Visit http://project.mv...

Chemical Plant Stencils #3
Greetings, I see this link Need stencils or ideas? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm in a number of posts. I find some chemical plant stencils listed from L Partin. However, the link is dead. Would anyone have these stencils and be willing to share them? Thanks in advance! Ray ...

ActiveX question #3
Hello, I have a dialog box acting as an ActiveX control written in MFC in Internet Explorer. In this dialog box I have a dialog frame with the minimize and close boxes. I catch the close method using the WM_CLOSE message. Everything works fine, except the ActiveX does not quit, when I press the close button on the dialog frame and my application keeps running, which is bad. IS there a way to shut down an ActiveX control without shutting down Internet Explorer? Thanks, Yury ...

help with combo box display...plz...
i have a multicolumn combo box...with columns FName, MName, and LName...how can i enable it to display the 3 values of the column when a row is selected?? it's like that i'm merging the 3 values int the text box display of the combo box...please....thank yu -- ai® On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 08:30:20 GMT, ai_enjoi wrote: > i have a multicolumn combo box...with columns FName, MName, and LName...how > can i enable it to display the 3 values of the column when a row is selected?? > it's like that i'm merging the 3 values int the text box display of the combo > box......

Summary Range Report difficulties
In GP10, with Canadian Payroll module, I'm trying to do a Summary Range Report under Reports, Payroll-Canada, Cards, Sumamary Range Report. Once I filled in the date range info (1st & 30th of the month), clicked Perform Selection, it did its thing, but when I clicked the RecvGen Batch button, it gave me an error that says: Cannot access this report because the dictionary containing it is no loaded. So, which dictionary has to be loaded in order for this report to be generated? The other buttons for WCB Report, EHT Report, and RecvGen Employee have no problems. Just the RecvGe...

Can not get Excel macros to format/save charts--help??? :(((((
Help??:((( I've spent the last 5 days searching on this forum for problems similar to what I have but no luck! I am trying to use Excel macro to create a simple bar chart and to format the chart type/etc...but the macro keeps erroring when I try to run it. The debug points to " ' Set ActiveChart = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(Chart1)" run time error 1004. No matter what I name the chart, it errors. I'm advanced at Excel but not editing macros with VB. I'm at my wits end and hope that someone can help me :(( Hi, You do not set the Activechart ob...

MSCRM API failing with User defined fields.Help !

Report Writer, Blank SOP Forms & MBoM Revision Levels
Hello, I am trying to add the revision level listed in table BM010415 of the Manufacturing Series to the Blank SOP Forms used in Dynamics GP. I am frustrated by the lack of capacity to relate GP Tables to Manufacturing Tables in the Report Writer. Can anyone offer any help? (Without using Modifier dependant VBA.) To go into further detail, I can link from the Manufacturing Series into standard GP tables; but I can't link from GP into Manufacturing, which forces the Manufacturing Tables to be primaries and inhibits the ability to reach into Manufacturing. I can add GP Data into...

reports in the webclient
Hi! We are using the webclient of CRM but have some problems whit reports. Under the "Workplace" we have report under navigation pane but not under action toolbar. And when I click on the report under navigation pane it says: Error An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. Is there a problem whit the conection to the reportserver or? ...

Can you apply a swatch to grayscale TIF? (Like InDesign does?)
InDesign has a way to drag a color swatch over a non transparent grayscale TIF and colorize the black areas. Does Publisher 2003 have any ways of doing that also? and how? Greg <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > InDesign has a way to drag a color swatch over a non transparent > grayscale TIF and colorize the black areas. Does Publisher 2003 have > any ways of doing that also? and how? See Mary's response to your post of 24 minutes before this one. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

CRM 3.0 Mobile for ppc5
I have successfully created a deployment package. The package contains a) .net compact framework 2.0 b) sql server ce 3.0 c) sql server ce 3.0 replication d) root certificate e)configured crm mobile software. When, I run the .cab file on the ppc5, all I see being installed is the name of the deployment package. However, framework, sql, crm mobile client, certificate are not being installed. I, also, found temp folder which contains cesm.exe and crmmobile.exe. Do you need to be connected to crm server when installing crm mobile client? Could somebody tell me what the issue here is? T...

Win2K3 NTbackup Creating Separate Files
Hi, I was wondering but how can you create a backup job using NTbackup so that instead of appending backups to a existing file it creates new files everytime it is run? My back up device is a 1.5 Tb hard drive. I want the backup job to create a new .bkf file everytime the job is run and to name it backup122409, backup122509, and so forth. The number would indicate the date that the job is run. I want to do it this way because it's easier to manage mutiple files rather than one gigantic file. -- Thank you for your help! JYC This article should sort it. How to u...

Help, experts needed! Auto notification
I have an excel spreadsheet with five columns. On column D I have a drop down list with four choices ("n/a" , "Grp1" , "Grp2" , "Grp3"). When a row is filled in, one of the four choices in column D has to be choosen. When the user exits the spreadsheet an email is automatically sent to three different individuals based on what was choosen in column D. I.E. If "Grp1" was choosen person A, B, and C gets and email notifying them that they need to do something. When "Grp2" is choosen then person D, E, F are notified. And so o...