Help on Integration

Hi Everyone, I am integrating MS RMS with another product using a DLL.
I want to store some of my details in the RMS database (very small text
messages like TRANSACTION SUCCESSFUL, FAILURE, INTERRUPTED) for Reports
and future references... I'll be very thankful if someone can help me
on how to connect to the RMS database and how to store the messages in
the database for Reports and Reconcilations... Thank you very much...

Sri....

0
sri1025 (16)
8/8/2005 9:42:53 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Srikanth wrote:
> Hi Everyone, I am integrating MS RMS with another product using a DLL.
> I want to store some of my details in the RMS database (very small text
> messages like TRANSACTION SUCCESSFUL, FAILURE, INTERRUPTED) for Reports
> and future references... I'll be very thankful if someone can help me
> on how to connect to the RMS database and how to store the messages in
> the database for Reports and Reconcilations... Thank you very much...
You can create a custom-table with SQL statement.. and a custom-report.

Do you have documentation of RMS database? or experience with SQL Server?

Antonio
0
amazzeo (368)
8/8/2005 9:46:28 AM
Hi Antonio, SQL Server is the only DBMS I know to some extent and I
don't have a documentation for RMS database, if you can help me, I'll
be very thankful, Thank you... Srikanth....

0
sri1025 (16)
8/8/2005 9:58:36 AM
If you're using Visual Studio or Visual Basic 6 to build your integration,
Use the Object Browser to examine QSRules

SessionClass.Database returns a Gateway object

Gateway has various methods that perform specific queries or updates on the
database.  It also has a couple of methods that allow you to specify a SQL
string or Stored Procedure to perform.

You need to create a new table in the RMS database to hold your extended
data. - include the TransactionNumber to link it back to the [Transaction]
table.

Good Luck.

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"Srikanth" <sri1025@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Everyone, I am integrating MS RMS with another product using a DLL.
> I want to store some of my details in the RMS database (very small text
> messages like TRANSACTION SUCCESSFUL, FAILURE, INTERRUPTED) for Reports
> and future references... I'll be very thankful if someone can help me
> on how to connect to the RMS database and how to store the messages in
> the database for Reports and Reconcilations... Thank you very much...
>
> Sri....

0
glenn1806 (721)
8/8/2005 12:40:27 PM
Srikanth wrote:
> Hi Antonio, SQL Server is the only DBMS I know to some extent and I
> don't have a documentation for RMS database, if you can help me, I'll
> be very thankful, Thank you... Srikanth....

<message>
Srikanth wrote:
I want to store some of my details in the RMS database (very small text
messages like TRANSACTION SUCCESSFUL, FAILURE, INTERRUPTED)
</message>

? Yes.. and to store into database text messages you must know the SQL
and the RMS database schema..

Now I'm on holidays.. and I have no more time to send you documents.
Do you have access to customer source or partner source on mbs web? or
go on http://www.jeanholland.com

bye
antonio
0
amazzeo (368)

Wrapped classes from ActiveX
How I can make source code from activeX components (with all properities,methods etc) in Visual Net 2002 or higher ?? In Visual C++ 6.0 they were generated by environment. Visual Net 2002 generate only headers for ActiveX components (without methods and properities) I tried with MSFlexgrid 6.0, MSDataGrid and ADODC controls -- Darth Marhev ...

Can we tell which cell an image is on?
The user is clicking on a button that says "HIDE" and when the user hits it.. it hides the row where the button exists. IS THERE A WAY I CAN DO THIS? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi kenji4861, Are you talking about an image or a CommandButton? If it's a CommandButton, you can use code like this: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() With CommandButton1.TopLeftCell.EntireRow .Hidden = Not .Hidden End With...

Please Help: Append New text to Old text already present in databa
Hi All, I have an excel form which populates access database. On the form Once we input a student Id in the form, we can input student records and also add comments, after making the changes we click "Submit" and the data goes in the databae. One field that I have on the form is "Comments" Textbox whereTA can insert their comments for any student. Here multiple TA's can comment for one student. The issue I want to resolve is. When a new TA inserts a comment, Old comments are deleted and replaced by the new comments. Is there a way to append new commen...

How long does SharePoint 2003/7 integration with MS D CRM 3 take?
we would like to integrate sharepoint into MS Dynamics CRM 3.0 and use it as the default file management system.I am assigned to make the project plan and I urgently need how long it takes to make it work? regards, rifat Hello Rifat, If you are interested we can help you for the integration. Please drop a email. Regards, Manick manick.m@hotmail.com "Rifat Yavuz" wrote: > we would like to integrate sharepoint into MS Dynamics CRM 3.0 and use it as > the default file management system.I am assigned to make the project plan and > I urgently need how long it takes to ...

Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server. Only an integrated connection can generate a user instance.
I'm using Visual Studio 2008 and SQL Server Express 2008. I've built the beginnings of an ASP.NET 3.5 app that reads a connection string from the configuration, in the usual way, and I can use LINQ-to-SQL against it and output listings of data from the database to a page with no problem. But I've created a custom membership provider that uses this string to create a data context for LINQ-to-SQL, and placed a Login control on a page that uses this membership provider. This page opens fine when I run it from Visual Studio, but when I enter some text into the login form...

Problem with Excel Help
WIN XO HE, XL 2002 SP3 Hi, every time I hit F1 within Excel, I am getting the following error message: "The window name "langrep" passed to HH_GET_WIN_TYPE has not been specified." Any idea how to fix that? Tx, S I have no idea, but I'd start with: Help|Detect and Repair (or maybe reinstall excel/office) (I have no idea what "WIN XO HE" is either--winXP Home???) saturnin02 wrote: > > WIN XO HE, XL 2002 SP3 > Hi, every time I hit F1 within Excel, I am getting the following error > message: > "The window name "langrep" passed...

help in excel functions
i am learning excel now and i have this issue that i could not solve i . i have 2 columns :the first includes the names of some projects .th second includes the number of hours of each project.each project ro takes more than one row in the column hours.so i need to know how i ge the whole hours of a specific project "in details please" ...thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Ramis344, It is always helpful if you can paste some of your worksh...

Help setting up e-mail scanning on exchange 5.5
I have setup scanned e-mail on out xerox printer but everytime the person goes to send a scan to somones e-mail out our network it doesn't send. I need to setup some sort of relay but don't know how to do it. Any help would be great. Thanks. ...

"Cannot complete installation of Live OneCare v1.5 BETA" HELP
I recently downloaded and installed the new version of Windows Live OneCare Beta v1.5. Everything went fine up until I restarted my computer and it booted back up. I constantly kept getting an error message saying that there was a problem with Automatic Updates and it needed to close. In my actions to take box it said I needed to "Complete the installation" by clicking the button "Complete installation". When I click it gives me this error message "OneCare cannot complete the installation at this time because of a problem connecting to the service. Please check...

CRM Integration for Great Plains 07-07-04
Hi, I'm setting up a lab with CRM (v1.2), Great Plains (v7.5) and CRM Integration with Great Plains. I get an error message in installing CRM Integration; "Install Framework failed to install.SOAP Server application faulted". I tried to uninstall and reinstall but no success. Any idea ? I'm running on Windows 2003 Enterprise with SQL 2000 (SP3a). Thanks in advance. Sebastien How is your script maps on IIS? "Sebastien Demigne" <Sebastien.Demigne@fjordinteractif.com> wrote in message news:OPAIuSDZEHA.2576@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I...

Help please ! Excel is hanging and I need to stop
Is there a way of stopping Excel in the middle of something which has clearly caused it to 'hang', ie appear to be doing something for so long and not seeming as though it will ever stop. I've just lost a whole load of work which I had to crash out of. Terry --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi sometimes CTRL+BREAK will help -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Is there a way of stopping Excel in the middle of something which has > clearly caused it to 'hang', ie appear to be doing something for so > long and not seeming as though i...

Help for a beginner!.....PLEASE???
I have never used Excel, but I want to create a mail list merge for MS Word. It says I have to create the mail listing in Excel. Is there an "English" version as to how to do this? :o) Help, I need instructions for dummies! All I want is a simple mail file to transport to Word! Tricia, have a look here and see if it will help http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & ...

outlook help issue
trying to do F1 or bring up help in microsoft outlook and it tries to do install and then asks for common files disk and a psdk-x86.msi file off of that disk. cannot find this disk or those files anywhere. Any help?? ...

XSD help
Hi all I have a config file like so <config> <optionSet1> <option index="1" name="Set 1 index 1"/> </optionSet1> <optionSet1> <option index="1" name="Set 2 index 2"/> </optionSet1> </config> optionSet1-index1 can only have set values 1, 3, 5, 7 How do I define XSD for optionSet2-index1 so that if optionSet1-index1 is in 1, 5 then it must be null if optionSet1-index1 == 3 then it must be A or B if optionSet1-index1 == 7 then it must be B, C or D Thank you very much! P...

Help! on filtering a report using a form & query
Hi. I've got a database with lookup fields. I have a form, a query and a report whose record source is the query. I want the user to select the lookup field from a drop down combo box And then run the query. If I change the query so the the criteria reads: [Forms]![frmCloseOutFilter]![txtCollection] and then run it, it will prompt me for the collection, I type a "3" and I get the desired results. It also works If I then run the report separately. But, If I try to run it from the form, I select my collection (It's a two column combo box, the first column has a width of 0...

Please help! Want to auto-close opened XML file
Greetings, I need some help with what seems to be a simple task but which, as usual, is impossible to do given the state of VBA's help files. I am looping through a series of XML files in a folder and want to convert/save them off to another folder in CSV (because we found Excel can do this). Inside my loop, I am doing the following to open the file: Workbooks.OpenXML Filename:=(inputDir + xmlFile), LoadOption:=xlXmlLoadImportToList That's fine and dandy but I don't really need the workbook to open like a real workbook -- I need it to open like in C++ or Java (i.e. open it int...

Anybody Help please! timed-out error
I don't know why I can't send emails approx 800kb or larger without an error message " The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. Error (8x8004210B). The email never leaves my outbox however gets delivered in many cases. I have DSL w/ no other problems & this just started. Running Outlook 2000Pro on new Dell w/ XP. Any input is appreciated, thanks in advance John ...

Blue screen of death appears out of nowhere due to app error please help
*Hi* i was just browsing the web as many of us do,anyways an error pops up saying acgshccg.exe has stopped working. but the file names really long,its called "YYggwBB udXFzgnnQszxf" heres the problem signature: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: acgshccg.exe Application Version: 1.3.0.5 Application Timestamp: 4b55c976 Fault Module Name: StackHash_fd00 Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 92401cf8 OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.2 Locale...

Task Pane Integration with CRM Contact Records
Hi, I am still new to CRM and recently saw the ability for an Office 2003 users, say in Word, to use the Shared Workspace Pane (I think) to connect to CRM and create merged documents using XML tags. The user would bring up the template which had the tags, then in the shared workspace pane choose a button (?) to access CRM then pick a contact record and it merged into the template, sort of DDE style I think? I think the system required SharePoint, BizTalk, Integration Framework and CRM with Office 2003, but this is where I am very fuzzy. We do not require Sharepoint in this installi...

Help me with outlook
I never use Outlook but whenever I start my computer this outlook thing always comes up saying "A program is trying to access an account. If this is unauotherized it may be a virus." And then in a dropdown menu it says allow access for 1 minute to 10 minutes. Atr first I never allowed access and it always came and then I did allow access and it still always comes up. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. ...

Help with following conversation threads
Hope someone can office some advice on this.... I'd like to consolidate several 'feedback' email addresses from our various websites so that one person can respond to each of the emails, but others can look at a single folder (and possible subfolders) and follow the various conversation threads that are in progress. I had been using distribution lists to do this but the problem is that we get so much spam (and yes we do have a spam solution - but we still get lots) that it a big waste of time for multiple individuals to all be wading through enormous amounts of the same spam. B...

Accounts Payable integration using eConnect
Hi I am using eConnect to integrate Accounts Payable entries from a Legacy system to GP. I was to use the Autogenerate functionality from GP to generate the Voucher number. Can anyone please tell me what needs to be passed in the XML code to make sure we are able to achieve this? Thanks Rizwan, You night have to create your own stored proc/methods to generate this, or generate a sequence of your own. HS "Rizwan Shaikh" <Rizwan Shaikh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB00A552-0E76-4151-8BB9-6B7CB6934919@microsoft.com... > Hi I am using eConnect to int...

declaration help please
a third party added some code to one of my apps and didn't dim anything. i'm not sure how to dim these variables. can someone help? a couple examples in the code: DDEChannel = Application.DDEInitiate(app:="RSLinx", topic:="T09113") DDEItem = "Xfer_Sched_New" 'Tag in CompactLogix DDEChannel = Application.DDEInitiate(app:="RSLinx", topic:="T09113") DDEItem = "Xfer_Schedule[" & Num_i & "],L1,C1" 'Schedule Tag in CompactLogix -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 Gary, ...

help me please
i have a production data base and i have created a form with a sub from to enter daily prodution. the main form has employee info (name , id number ) which is from an employee table, the sub form connect to the main by employee to input info such as start time machine number hours of production and efficency ect. my problem is that i need to check on a daily to make shure all employees in formation was imputed. i have two ideas on what to do just dont know how. the first is to use the main employee form as a check list to some how after i iput all the infromation for that employee for that d...

help with IF THEN #7
What is the correct syntax to write a statement that, in english, does this If cell L4 = 0 Then delete cells K4 through M4 and shift the cells up Better yet can something be written that checks all L cells for the 0 value and if it finds 0 then deletes the adjacent K through M cells and shifts all cells up TIA ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...