Help ! Import Items from Excel or Comma Delimited file

Current user of Quicksell 2000 planning on upgrading.  I have never used
Quicksell to the fullest extent possible but am planning on using RMS to the
maximum extent possible.  Local partner familiar to RMS but I from reading it
seems you might have so more information to help me and him.

When I spoke with the local partner he said it wasn't possible to import
price updates yearly from suppliers.  I have multiple suppliers for one
product I will probably use the UPC for the item number.  He said I could
import once but would have to manually update the prices each year from the
suppliers.  Is this really correct?  It would surprise me that I would be the
only retailer out their that would want to update price increases yearly from
the vendors without having to manually open each one item in my database.  Is
there another way?  If it is an add on how much should it run?

My local partner seems really nice but,  my state only has two RMS certified
partners.  So if I go with RMS (which it really seems like the best)  I might
need some help along the way.  Thanks for any help or advice.!!
0
Lisa1 (290)
2/8/2006 2:26:27 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

That is not true, you can update pricing from a CSV file using the Inventory
Wizard's Change Item Price.

Rob

1. Start Store Operations Manager.
2. Click on the Wizards menu and then click Inventory Wizard.
3. Select Task 110: Change Item Prices from the drop-down menu and then
click Next.
4. Select Add items manually from the drop-down menu under Select Items to
Update and then click Next.
5. Choose the price to change from the Price to be changed drop-down menu
and then click Next.
6. Click Next on the Price Rounding window.
7. Click Finish to bring up the Inventory Wizard Workpad window.
8. Right-click on the white portion of the window and click Hide/Unhide
Columns.
9. Check all of the columns that are in your CSV file and un-check any
columns that are not included in your CSV file and then click OK.
Note You are not allowed to un-check the Item Lookup Code or New Price
column as these are required columns that must be in the CSV file.
10. Click the Import button.
11. Select the correct File Type: Tab Delimited, Comma Delimited, or XML.
12. Click Browse and browse to the location of your CSV file and then click
Open.
13. Click OK to import your CSV file into the Inventory Workpad Wizard
window.
14. Verify that all the information is correct and make any necessary
modifications to the New Price fields.
15. When you are certain that all data is correct, click the Commit button.
16. Click Yes when asked, "Changes will be made to the database. Do you want
to continue?".
17. You should receive a message that x number of records were updated in
the database.
18. Click OK.

"Lisa" wrote:

> Current user of Quicksell 2000 planning on upgrading.  I have never used
> Quicksell to the fullest extent possible but am planning on using RMS to the
> maximum extent possible.  Local partner familiar to RMS but I from reading it
> seems you might have so more information to help me and him.
>
> When I spoke with the local partner he said it wasn't possible to import
> price updates yearly from suppliers.  I have multiple suppliers for one
> product I will probably use the UPC for the item number.  He said I could
> import once but would have to manually update the prices each year from the
> suppliers.  Is this really correct?  It would surprise me that I would be the
> only retailer out their that would want to update price increases yearly from
> the vendors without having to manually open each one item in my database.  Is
> there another way?  If it is an add on how much should it run?
>
> My local partner seems really nice but,  my state only has two RMS certified
> partners.  So if I go with RMS (which it really seems like the best)  I might
> need some help along the way.  Thanks for any help or advice.!!
0
rob242 (534)
2/8/2006 3:20:31 AM
Thanks Rob for answering both questions.  From reading this website RMS
really looks like the application for me.  I just wish we had local partner
as knowledgable as the helpful people on this forum.  Hopefully once I
upgrade if I have other questions I can post here also.

"Rob" wrote:

> [...]
> > seems you might have so more information to help me and him.
> >
> > When I spoke with the local partner he said it wasn't possible to import
> > price updates yearly from suppliers.  I have multiple suppliers for one
> > product I will probably use the UPC for the item number.  He said I could
> > import once but would have to manually update the prices each year from the
> > suppliers.  Is this really correct?  It would surprise me that I would be the
> > only retailer out their that would want to update price increases yearly from
> > the vendors without having to manually open each one item in my database.  Is
> > there another way?  If it is an add on how much should it run?
> >
> > My local partner seems really nice but,  my state only has two RMS certified
> > partners.  So if I go with RMS (which it really seems like the best)  I might
> > need some help along the way.  Thanks for any help or advice.!!
2/8/2006 4:46:21 AM
Thanks again for your help!!  It looks like I shouldn't pay for the credit
card from my local partner.  This maybe a taboo question but it seems like
you and Jeff and a few others answer alot of questions on this forum.  Do you
work for Microsoft or are you a partner?  If you are a partner do you only
work with local clients?  Sorry if that is too taboo of a question.  Thanks
again for your help.

"Rob" wrote:

> [...]
> > seems you might have so more information to help me and him.
> >
> > When I spoke with the local partner he said it wasn't possible to import
> > price updates yearly from suppliers.  I have multiple suppliers for one
> > product I will probably use the UPC for the item number.  He said I could
> > import once but would have to manually update the prices each year from the
> > suppliers.  Is this really correct?  It would surprise me that I would be the
> > only retailer out their that would want to update price increases yearly from
> > the vendors without having to manually open each one item in my database.  Is
> > there another way?  If it is an add on how much should it run?
> >
> > My local partner seems really nice but,  my state only has two RMS certified
> > partners.  So if I go with RMS (which it really seems like the best)  I might
> > need some help along the way.  Thanks for any help or advice.!!
2/8/2006 4:49:24 AM
Not at all, yes we, as in the company I work for, are a Certified RMS Partner
and no we don't work with just local clients. In fact most of our clients are
remote all over North America. There are many partners out there that use
this same business model, we find both ways (onsite and remote) can easily be
managed. Each have there own pros and cons.
We don't try and scoop clients from other companies but then again we won't
turn away anybody as well.
You can send me an email, click on my name, you just have to remove the
..nospam from the email address.

Rob

On a side note: I don't know about Jeff but the reason I try to answer as
many questions, that_I_know_of_course, is in hopes that the gods (i.e.
MS...or maybe they are from the other direction...shhh don't want to anger
them either way) recognize my contributions and bestow upon me the status of
MVP for RMS. But thats just my personality I crave recognition, I need to
belong, just once why doesn't somebody tell me they...ok maybe I should save
that for my therapy session. ;-)

"Lisa" wrote:

> [...]
> > > seems you might have so more information to help me and him.
> > >
> > > When I spoke with the local partner he said it wasn't possible to import
> > > price updates yearly from suppliers.  I have multiple suppliers for one
> > > product I will probably use the UPC for the item number.  He said I could
> > > import once but would have to manually update the prices each year from the
> > > suppliers.  Is this really correct?  It would surprise me that I would be the
> > > only retailer out their that would want to update price increases yearly from
> > > the vendors without having to manually open each one item in my database.  Is
> > > there another way?  If it is an add on how much should it run?
> > >
> > > My local partner seems really nice but,  my state only has two RMS certified
> > > partners.  So if I go with RMS (which it really seems like the best)  I might
> > > need some help along the way.  Thanks for any help or advice.!!
2/8/2006 5:11:27 AM
Lisa,

I want to know where you are so that I can open an office there! ;-)  Sorry,
but I think it might be time to look for a new partner. ;-(  $1k to plug in
a USB/keyboard/COM device and enter some numbers into the program for
credit/debit cards, jeesh.

Setting up credit/debit cards, as Rob mentioned, are easy!  Did one tonite
after the merchant closed, 4 registers with swipes and pinpads, 15 minutes
on the phone from my La-Z-Boy.  Could have been faster, but we talked about
the weather for 3 minutes. ;-)

'Softies don't post here much, but they usually add [MSFT] to their name.
Rob and I are partners, there are other partners that sometimes post here
too, other posters are resellers in training, some reseller wannabes, but
most are just users like yourself.

--
*

"Rob" wrote:

> [...]
> > product I will probably use the UPC for the item number.  He said I
> > could
> > import once but would have to manually update the prices each year from
> > the
> > suppliers.  Is this really correct?  It would surprise me that I would
> > be the
> > only retailer out their that would want to update price increases yearly
> > from
> > the vendors without having to manually open each one item in my
> > database.  Is
> > there another way?  If it is an add on how much should it run?
> >
> > My local partner seems really nice but,  my state only has two RMS
> > certified
> > partners.  So if I go with RMS (which it really seems like the best)  I
> > might
> > need some help along the way.  Thanks for any help or advice.!!

spam3944 (2163)
2/8/2006 5:17:30 AM
Thanks!  Are you a reseller also!   Do you only do local area support?  I
played the cheap route 5 years ago when I purchased Quicksell 2000 without
training.  I don't want to do the same again.  My problem when I have spoken
to the only two local providers in my state I almost feel like I know more
then they do about RMS.  And the only thing I know about RMS is from
Quicksell 2000 and this forum.  Rob said he did other areas.  I noticed you
and him answer alot of questions on this forum so you must know more than I
do.

"Jeff" wrote:

> [...]
> > > product I will probably use the UPC for the item number.  He said I
> > > could
> > > import once but would have to manually update the prices each year from
> > > the
> > > suppliers.  Is this really correct?  It would surprise me that I would
> > > be the
> > > only retailer out their that would want to update price increases yearly
> > > from
> > > the vendors without having to manually open each one item in my
> > > database.  Is
> > > there another way?  If it is an add on how much should it run?
> > >
> > > My local partner seems really nice but,  my state only has two RMS
> > > certified
> > > partners.  So if I go with RMS (which it really seems like the best)  I
> > > might
> > > need some help along the way.  Thanks for any help or advice.!!

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

MS Money 95 data files

Excel 2007

Importing leads and workflow
We are just implementing CRM and have a couple of lead lists that we want to import (about 5000 records). The sales force would like calls automatically scheduled when the list is imported and would only like 50 calls scheduled per week. I know that I can assign leads based on various criteria to the correct salesperson. However, is there any way that I can create the phone activities and only limit to 50 per week? Does workflow look at the salesperson work schedule at all or will each sales person have 1000 phone calls scheduled for 3 days from when I import? There isn't anything in ...

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Need help with Auto Filter

Opening Excel Workbooks

Help with income/expenses