Headquarters Server Run-time Error '40006'

I am receiving this message at least once a day.  I ceases all server
communications and must be cleared and server restarted.  Can any one
tell me the problem?  The error states "Wrong protocol or connection
state for the requested transaction or request".
Help please!

0
metfannc (6)
8/12/2006 2:07:12 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Can you find any activity that might trigger this?  Maybe a 'check
stores' request from a register?  Can you confirm that all workstations
in all stores are running the same RMS version/hot fix?

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

metfannc@gmail.com wrote:
> I am receiving this message at least once a day.  I ceases all server
> communications and must be cleared and server restarted.  Can any one
> tell me the problem?  The error states "Wrong protocol or connection
> state for the requested transaction or request".
> Help please!

0
glenn9672 (1267)
8/15/2006 1:06:21 PM
Usually happens during "off hours".  Stores are closed at that time.
Confirmed that all are running same version/hotfixes.  Commuications
are usually "stacked up".  Stores are processing auto 401 worksheets
that are supposed to be spaced out by 5 minutes, but next store
connects before previous is done.  This cascades into having all 21
stores all processing same time.

Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt] wrote:
> Can you find any activity that might trigger this?  Maybe a 'check
> stores' request from a register?  Can you confirm that all workstations
> in all stores are running the same RMS version/hot fix?
>
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
>

> metfannc@gmail.com wrote:
> > I am receiving this message at least once a day.  I ceases all server
> > communications and must be cleared and server restarted.  Can any one
> > tell me the problem?  The error states "Wrong protocol or connection
> > state for the requested transaction or request".
> > Help please!

0
metfannc (6)
8/16/2006 4:57:49 AM
Metfan,

What version are you running?  1.3 has re-written a lot of HQ and
communication code.

You might also ask your reseller for a copy of Optimizing HQ Performance
released for 1.3.  It too big to post here.

--
=

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader
 to see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader,
 follow the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with
newsreader"

 http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

==========

<metfannc@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Usually happens during "off hours".  Stores are closed at that time.
> Confirmed that all are running same version/hotfixes.  Commuications
> are usually "stacked up".  Stores are processing auto 401 worksheets
> that are supposed to be spaced out by 5 minutes, but next store
> connects before previous is done.  This cascades into having all 21
> stores all processing same time.
>

> Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt] wrote:
>> Can you find any activity that might trigger this?  Maybe a 'check
>> stores' request from a register?  Can you confirm that all workstations
>> in all stores are running the same RMS version/hot fix?
>>
>> Glenn Adams
>> Tiber Creek Consulting
>> http://www.tibercreek.com
>> glenn@tibercreek.com
>> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
>> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
>>

>> metfannc@gmail.com wrote:
>> > I am receiving this message at least once a day.  I ceases all server
>> > communications and must be cleared and server restarted.  Can any one
>> > tell me the problem?  The error states "Wrong protocol or connection
>> > state for the requested transaction or request".
>> > Help please!

0
spam3944 (2163)

Exchange Server Management Pack Guide
Do I need MOM to run the Exchange Server Management Pack Guide on a Exchange 2003 Server? Thanks in advance Rick The management pack guide is just a Word document. Do you mean the pack itself? Nue "Rick" <drummer10980@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150133167.988870.274140@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... > Do I need MOM to run the Exchange Server Management Pack Guide on a > Exchange 2003 Server? > > Thanks in advance > > Rick > Sorry, yes the pack itself... Rick Nuevo wrote: > The management pack guide is just a Word document. Do you mean ...

Running Money 2003 in Vista

Time Series
I have about 30000 lines of data that looks like so: Time Count 93000 447 93001 1020 93002 1438 93003 2177 93004 3042 93005 3467 93006 2913 93007 3341 93008 3547 93009 2908 93010 3512 93011 4090 Where ColA is time. I am having trouble creating a graph with time on the x-axis and count on the y-axis. Thank you in advance. You need to make an XY chart But with 30,000 data points you could run into trouble; Help says you can 32,000 data points in a single data series. However, if you want markers it will look like heck. You could limit the data like this: assume y-values in B2:B30001 in ...

Monitor Server in 2003?

Errors saving to network drive

Outlook Mail via a PROXY SERVER?
If I am using a shared Internet service on a second computer using a PROXY server on the host (first) computer. I can access the net using the PROXY settings on the Internet explorer. However, how do I download mail with OUTLOOK 2000? The proxy server is CCPROXY from YoungZSoft (this runs on XP) and it has the MAIL Settings enabled but the difficulty is what to do on the Second computer? Thanks, -- John jrg_REM_SPAM@bigpond.net.au That would be determined by the proxy manufacturer - check with their support. JM7 wrote: > If I am using a shared Internet service on a second computer ...

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Error loading XML into DataSet

SQL Server Connection Failed
Hi everybody, this is my scenario: 1. Windows Server 2008 2. WSS 3.0 + MOSS 2007 3. SQL Server 2008. i'm having this problem: "Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: An error occurred while evaluating the password. [CLIENT: 72.55.191.137]". in this momment i can't see any application from sharepoint. somebody knows how can i do? i don't change the sa password. i don't change anything in the sharepoint configuration. since two days ago i'm having this problem. pls, is very urgent, because i have to deliver this server the next monday to the...

Run time error 5 : HQClient

LNK2001 and LNK2019 errors with template class
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BB_01C695ED.3958DA70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a smart pointer class that uses template functions that works = fine under VC6 but it not linking under VS2005. 1>TestGridToolkitView.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol = "void __cdecl PrismGCSmartPointer(class CPrismSmartPointer<class = CDialog> &)" = (?PrismGCSmartPointer@@YAXAAV?$CPrismSmartPointer@VCDialog@@@@@Z) = referenced in function "protected: __...

Money 04 runs very slow
file size is 17,480 kb, about 5 years data. Machine is a P4 2.2 GHz, 512 mb ram. Money runs very slow, processing downloaded statements, switching screens, etc. I switched from Quicken about a year ago. That didn't run nearly this slow. Any ideas? Will trimming the file size help at all or much? Thanks Ideas? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=4. Trimming? Most people haven't had great luck trying this through means like File|Archive--which, by the way, I'd discourage for any number of reasons. "Tom Orlando" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

delivery failure error
"The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to" then says user unknown, even though other comupters don't have that problem. I get this error for a few clients, yet other clients can email the same address. I have Windows small business server 2000, I am pretty sure everything has updated patches. I know i security updates automatically. My clients are an updated Windows XP SR 1 with Office 2003(outlook) SR1. ...

on Writexml error
(Type your message here) Hi all, I have a XML file as a datasource. I read that file using dataset.readxml.Then in that dataset I make some changes. Now I want to write that changed dataset by overwriting the file that was created initially. I someone please tell me how to do it. -------------------------------- From: ratnesh gupta ----------------------- Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotnet247.com/) <Id>sCyOfoucUUyYsxAsNxg9AA==</Id> ...

Excel error 1706

Error with Bold
What's wrong? With Worksheets("Recent") Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(1, 2)).Font.FontStyle = "Bold" End with Take a look at the activesheet. I bet that range is bolded. But if you want Recent to be the sheet with the change, add a couple of dots. With Worksheets("Recent") .Range(.Cells(1, 1), .Cells(1, 2)).Font.FontStyle = "Bold" End With Without those dots, the range refers to the activesheet (if the code is in a general module). crapit wrote: > > What's wrong? > With Worksheets("Recent") > Range(Cells(1...

Oulook 2003 dial up sync errors
we are using outlook 2003 will all current updates insatlled and are using cashed exchange mode. our operating system is windows 2000 SP4 with all the current updates as well. when the user connects and hits f9 to sync we get the following error in the sync log (i have run detect and repair and removed and recreated the users outlook profile) any suggestions??: 18:57:44 Synchronizer Version 11.0.5604 18:57:44 Could not connect to public folder server. 18:57:44 [8004011D-526-80040115-0] 18:57:44 The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are networ...

Error loading outlook 2003
Hey Guys need a little help I'm running office 2003 with outlook, I'm using my own exchange server, everytime I load up outlook on one of my workstations it loads up fine until I hit the inbox, once I do that Outlook closes down, I check in the event view and got this error message: "The MOF file created for the outlook service could not be loaded. The error code returned by the MOF Complier is contained in the Record Data. Before the performance counters of this service can be collected by WMI the MOF file will need to be loaded manually." Anyone know a fix inste...

Rule Wizard: "Rules In Error"
I have a blackberry, and I have my outlook forwarding emails to it, but about once a day, I get a message that says "Rules in Error: Error in Rule Execution" and it won't forward any emails after that. I only have one single rule, so it's not a rule conflict. Does anyone know the deal? This is extremely frustrating as sometimes I'll be out of the office during the weekend or at night and won't receive any message for hours on my blackberry, only to find out later that this "Rules in Error" dialog box popped up and it won't forward emails. It see...

how to run onhand value report
I get the message enter parameter when entering the zoom feature On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 17:36:01 -0800, junebugg <junebugg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get the message enter parameter when entering the zoom feature You'll have to give us some more context than that, junebugg. What's the "onhand value report"? What's the "zoom feature"? You can see your database; we cannot! -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...