Has anyone done this? (Object declaration in an ASP.Net page)

I've taken a bare webforms page and added that code from the customization
guide, just after the <HTML> tag in the html editor.

<SCRIPT language="vbscript">
     <OBJECT classid="clsid:44C4C3AC-D0F1-11D2-919D-006008C88FC3" height=0
id=qsBridge style="LEFT: 0px; TOP: 0px" width=0>
     <PARAM NAME="_ExtentX" VALUE="26">
     <PARAM NAME="_ExtentY" VALUE="26">
     </OBJECT>
</SCRIPT>

I've also set the page attribute 'aspcompat=true'
I then call the page from a custom button using the string
'http://localhost/RMS1/WebForm1.aspx'.  I've also set a reference to the
QSRules dll in the project, if that matters.

The result is an IE script error.

I'm hoping eventually to write ASP.Net pages that can make calls to QSRules
and run from within RMS.  (Incidentally, if it's any help, any instance of an
RMS call will be to the localhost IIS on the same machine. No use of the
internet.)

Is there any way to make this work?
0
BChernick (20)
10/19/2004 7:25:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I have created a .aspx form that works with QSBridge.  I used c# and
JavaScript.  No problems at all - one thing - when you create the Custom
Button, make the style "HTML Window" NOT "Internal HTML Window"

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"B. Chernick" <BChernick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've taken a bare webforms page and added that code from the customization
> guide, just after the <HTML> tag in the html editor.
>
> <SCRIPT language="vbscript">
>     <OBJECT classid="clsid:44C4C3AC-D0F1-11D2-919D-006008C88FC3" height=0
> id=qsBridge style="LEFT: 0px; TOP: 0px" width=0>
>     <PARAM NAME="_ExtentX" VALUE="26">
>     <PARAM NAME="_ExtentY" VALUE="26">
>     </OBJECT>
> </SCRIPT>
>
> I've also set the page attribute 'aspcompat=true'
> I then call the page from a custom button using the string
> 'http://localhost/RMS1/WebForm1.aspx'.  I've also set a reference to the
> QSRules dll in the project, if that matters.
>
> The result is an IE script error.
>
> I'm hoping eventually to write ASP.Net pages that can make calls to
> QSRules
> and run from within RMS.  (Incidentally, if it's any help, any instance of
> an
> RMS call will be to the localhost IIS on the same machine. No use of the
> internet.)
>
> Is there any way to make this work?

0
glenn1806 (721)
10/19/2004 8:40:21 PM
So you're saying I'm on the right track?  Can I also assume you're calling
script functions directly from Dot Net?  I couldn't get that to work either.

(Any chance of a Hello World outline just so I can check my coding?  Perhaps
I was just having a bad day :-)

As for the 'HTML Window', I found that out by trial and error.

Thanks!

"Glenn Adams" wrote:

> I have created a .aspx form that works with QSBridge.  I used c# and
> JavaScript.  No problems at all - one thing - when you create the Custom
> Button, make the style "HTML Window" NOT "Internal HTML Window"
>
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "B. Chernick" <BChernick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've taken a bare webforms page and added that code from the customization
> > guide, just after the <HTML> tag in the html editor.
> >
> > <SCRIPT language="vbscript">
> >     <OBJECT classid="clsid:44C4C3AC-D0F1-11D2-919D-006008C88FC3" height=0
> > id=qsBridge style="LEFT: 0px; TOP: 0px" width=0>
> >     <PARAM NAME="_ExtentX" VALUE="26">
> >     <PARAM NAME="_ExtentY" VALUE="26">
> >     </OBJECT>
> > </SCRIPT>
> >
> > I've also set the page attribute 'aspcompat=true'
> > I then call the page from a custom button using the string
> > 'http://localhost/RMS1/WebForm1.aspx'.  I've also set a reference to the
> > QSRules dll in the project, if that matters.
> >
> > The result is an IE script error.
> >
> > I'm hoping eventually to write ASP.Net pages that can make calls to
> > QSRules
> > and run from within RMS.  (Incidentally, if it's any help, any instance of
> > an
> > RMS call will be to the localhost IIS on the same machine. No use of the
> > internet.)
> >
> > Is there any way to make this work?

0
BChernick (20)

Has Anyone ever seen a chart like this?
Looking for some help. I need to know what this column chart is called? Or how to make it? 'CLick Here to View Chart' (http://www.f150online.com/galleries/pictureview.cfm?pnum=163585&anum=11244) I can't find any option in Excel to make this chart. Maybe it was not made in Excel? Or I need a specific plugin? -- TsunamiBob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ TsunamiBob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36202 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=559874 Hi, It...

Auto formatting features: How do I align page numbers in publicati
I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can someone help me? Cissy99 wrote: > I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to > the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can > someone help me? You need to create a two-page master rather than a one-page master. What version of Publisher are you running? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Stingray's MFC Objective Grid with Access 2K?
Has anyone had success using Stingray's Objective Grid v7.0 with the later versions of DAO. I've seen the suggestions to add an entry to my source to force MFC to use the later version. But, when I do this, I get a lot of crashes after compiling. I wonder if there are any mods that must also be made to the Stingray source? Thanks, Jack ...

hide header on first page
how do i get excel to hide the header on the first page? Hi not possible with a VBA macro which will first print the first page without a header, then apply the header and print all other pages. Try recording a macro while doing this manually -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "karin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:32DF8BC3-0672-4B0B-BCA6-F9B404DFFC30@microsoft.com... > how do i get excel to hide the header on the first page? Try this karin Sub Test() Dim TotPages As Long TotPages = Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro("GET....

Public Folder is missing objects
I made a mistake. I was migrating from one Exchange 2003 server to another Exchange 2003 server. These were the only two servers in my structure. When I installed the second, I did not give it enough time to properly replicate all of the public folder data before I uninstalled it. Now, my public data folder on my only exchange server is corrupt. The primary indication of this (besides that I have no public folders visible in Outlook), is an error message when I click Send/Receive: "Task 'jaraco.com' reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could not b...

Move pages from document to document?

one page academic calendar for 2004-05
Where can I find a one page academic calendar for 2004-05 with room for notes In Publisher, go to File > New > Print Publication > Calendar and create your own. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "shopperbev" <shopperbev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0940CD82-2A40-4932-982A-122ABFB41497@microsoft.com... > Where can I find a one page academic calendar for 2004-05 with room for > notes ...

"Error on page" and error report on entity close
Greetings, We have CRM 4.0 rollup 6 implemented from a CRM 3.0 upgrade about a month ago. Recently, my users have been reporting an error report being generated when they try to close (or save & close) any entity they have open. The entity is closed (or saved and closed), and I have asked them not to send the error report, but of course this needs to be resolved. I have noticed that once the record is open, "error on page" will appear in the bottom left of the dialog if you will receive the error report dialog, which doesn't happen every time. Also, if I do an IIS...

page numbering
I want to change the way the date appears in the footer and header. Currently the date is day/month/year. I want month/day/year. setting the date to a particular format is easy in a cell. How do I set the date format in the header and footer? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ jamessem, you could use a macro like this to do it Sub test() With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .LeftFooter = Format(Date, "mmmm dd, yyyy") End With End Sub ...

What versions of XSL are supported by what versions of ASP.net?
At the moment, I'm doing some XSLT (1.0) work in ASP.net (1.1). There's some features I'd like to use that apparently are found in XSLT 2.0. Does ASP.net 1.1 support XSLT 2? What about ASP.net 2.0? EXSLT was also mentioned. Does ASP.net support that? -Darrel darrel wrote: > At the moment, I'm doing some XSLT (1.0) work in ASP.net (1.1). > > There's some features I'd like to use that apparently are found in XSLT 2.0. > Does ASP.net 1.1 support XSLT 2? What about ASP.net 2.0? The XSLT processor in the .NET framework class libaries in .NET 1.1 is Sy...

OWA - change password
Getting the "Object Required" error, when somebody is trying to change their password through OWA. (Win2003/Ex FE 2003) Any ideas what could be causing this? TIA! / Per Did you follow the steps in: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297121 ? -- Pablo D. Vernocchi Microsoft Exchange MVP MCSA + M / MCSE + Sec https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=8E94A6C0-F6D9-4686-96D5-04230CC0141F http://www.itpros.com.ar http://www.msglue.org http://msmvps.com/exchangebloglatino "Per Hagstrom" <per.hagstrom@swic.eduNOSPAM> wrote in message news:Ojo%23EozNHHA.1240@TK2...

Accessing Outlook data from database or programatically from ASP.NET
Hi all! I'm not sure whether I post this in the correct group but nevertheless, here is my problem: I would like to manipulate Outlook data (tasks, contacts, calendar, etc.) programatically from an ASP.NET apllication, more precisely I would like to be able to add and change contacts and enter events to calendar in the Outlook from a web application. Now, the logical way seemed to be to link from an MS Access database to objects within Outlook and then to access those tables from within my ASP.NET code. However, I've noticed something strange: for example, the linked table &qu...

linked subforms on same Tab page
I linked 2 subforms on a Tab page - they work, but a Parameter box pops asking for the Child link field - Forms![MainTabtest]![PgmList].Form.ProgramID. First subform is continous row form, with onCurrent event set to requery linked Child form to the above selected row. Once I say ok to parameter box, the correct data shows based on row selected in Parent form. any idea why the parameter box and how to eliminate? thx! ...

Common uses for XML in an asp web application
I recently created an application that used an xml file to define 4 different groups used for my app, and within each of those groups are <item></item> tags to declare different values that were used to lookup values in a database. This worked pretty well to allow me to dynamically create navigation buttons to perform operations etc.. Now i am trying to think of other common uses for xml that would make my apps even more scalable. I think I could have used xml again in my app for this operation althought i did not because of time constraints: Once records were grabbed from the d...

How do I make a summary page in Excel 2008?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a sheet with all my data (several columns, one of which is &quot;name&quot; and others are things like &quot;address,&quot; &quot;notes,&quot; etc.). Then I have another sheet which is the summary. I want to be able to choose a name from a drop-down list (I figured out how to do that) for the &quot;Name&quot; and have the other fields ('address,&quot; &quot;notes,&quot; etc.) fill in automatically with the information that corresponds to that name. <br><...

Report header/page header question
I need to include the report title at the top of every page. On the first page only I need to include some additional heading information under the title. How do I do this? It seems no combination of report header and page header can achieve it. Thanks. You can add a text box to the Page Header section like: =IIf([Page]=1,"some additional heading information",Null) This should only display on the first page. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "mscertified" wrote: > I need to include the report title at the top of every page. On the first > page only I ...

Excel object in Word
How do I get rid of the gride lines in an embedded excel object in word? Gridlines are off in Print Setupand Drawing menus. Jon In the same way you'd do it in an Excel worksheet itself? Try this: Double-click on the embedded Excel object in Word (Or right-click on it > Worksheet object > Edit) Click Tools > Options > View tab Uncheck "Gridlines" > OK Click anywhere outside the object to get back to Word -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond, in newsgroup xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Jon Ford" wrote: >How do I get rid of the ...

print web page IE8 with W7 HP
I do not know why but all of a sudden I cannot print anymore web pages. All I get is a blank page. I had a chat session with Microsoft US, they tried to find the problem but failed. Any help? Remember all worked fine in the beginning. Could a new defrag software which I recently installed cause the problem? Regards, FALKO Hi FALKO, Not knowing the name of the 'defrag software' is of no help in answering your question. We would also need to know which Windows version, service pack level and IE version you are using. Yes. EVERYTHING works fine in the beginning, an...

Page settings get lost ?
I have selected "Landscape" in the page settings of a report and then saved it. Every now and then, it appears to forget this setting when running the report. Anyone know how to avoid this problem ? What version of Access is this? If it is 2000, you need to apply the service packs. You can download them from: support.microsoft.com/sp Be sure to get the JET sp as well as the Office sp. You will also want to turn off Name AutoCorrect: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=240826 More info about this mis-feature: http://allenbrowne.com/bug-03.html If 2007, there's ...

printing 2 pages in one A4
Please help. How do I print in excel. I have data of 5000 rows and each row has 3 columns. Each A4 page can take around 80 rows of data. In order to save on paper, I was wondering if I could divide the page to accommodate 6 rows by printing rows 1-80 on left side of an a4 page and then rows 81-160 on the right side of the page. And then rows 161 to 241 on the left and rows 321 on the right side of page 2. And so on until the total 5000 rows are printed. I know I can do this page by page one at a time using the printscreen option but I was hoping I could set it up so the printing could be d...

Remove page breaks
Hi, How can i remove page breaks Thanks Hi Mohamed click on where the page break is and choose insert / remove page break or switch to page break preview and drag the page breaks to where you want them Cheers JulieD "Mohamed" <Mohamed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4DCC63E-8688-4068-A2EB-0CF8557E4ECF@microsoft.com... > Hi, > How can i remove page breaks > > Thanks ...

Printing Row 1 at top of each page
This seems obvious, but I cannot get it to work. I am trying to print out a doucument that has multiple pages, and I would like to have the header information that is in Row 1 at the top of each printed page. I have gone into Page Setup, and the tab called "SHEET", but it will not let me enter any info in the "Print Titles" section. Is there something that I need to do first in order to make these changes enabled? Thanks Lance Gray "Lance Gray" <Lance Gray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1734460-9541-4AA4-A7DB-A52F67C863FC@microsoft.c...

Mirror pages
We working on a 55 page catalog that is using the ACCENT BOX layout that came with Publisher. Every page has a pageholder/header at the top that shows the name of the catalog, the page number and a little image. When we began this, we were adding single pages (not knowing about the master page concept). Now we have all the pages ready but we've noticed that the page numbers within the pageholder and image are all on the top right of every page. What we would prefer is that they be mirrored with the left pages (odd number) having these items on the left hand corner and the right ...

print odd pages or even pages
I'm trying to make a booklet style report and would like Access to print the odd numbered pages, and then I can put the paper back in the printer and hopefully print the even numbered pages backwards on the other side. Any way of printing like that? Hey, folks... don't let the 'printing in reverse order' scare you. If anyone knows how to pring just odd or just even pages I could sure use that all by itself. On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 11:09:45 -0500, Russ <Rusty@notathome.net> wrote: >I'm trying to make a booklet style report and would like Access to >pr...

in excel; page size is adjusing, not print size on page.
I apparently have done something that when I go to print, the area which is printed on a page does not change, only the size of the page. ie; in the print command, I scale the size to 75%, but it reduces the actual page, does not reduce the printed text to print more on a page. So if I put in 10%, the worksheet displayed on the screen is 10% of the actual size vs. putting more data on a printed page. Help. What did I change accidentally to cause this? ...