Global Customer Updating E-mail Address

I am trying to update customer email addresses through HQ but the e-mail
address in our Global Customer Properties is greyed out.

I have complete administrator rights, full access to all information except
the customer's e-mail.

Yes I am in maintenance mode, yes I have check field level security.

What am I missing? Any suggestions would be helpful.
--
Many thanks
Jack Master

Weird.  Running version 2.0.0123, email field is editable, no problem.
Logged in as the administrator, in maintenance mode.
What version are you running?
Are you in a domain?

"Jack of All trades, Master of None!" wrote:

> I am trying to update customer email addresses through HQ but the e-mail
> address in our Global Customer Properties is greyed out.
>
> I have complete administrator rights, full access to all information except
> the customer's e-mail.
>
> Yes I am in maintenance mode, yes I have check field level security.
>
> What am I missing? Any suggestions would be helpful.
> --
> Many thanks
> Jack Master
0
convoluted (621)
5/29/2009 9:11:02 PM
We are running HQ version  2.0.0125.

Yes I am logged in as an administrator and in maintenance mode and part of a
domain.

This is getting stranger. We are running an e-mail campaign (discount when
customers give us their email) at our stores so we are capturing customer
information including e-mail addresses like crazy. Two of my 15 stores
suddenly had the email address field greyed out (but could enter everything
else). We asked them to close the POS and reopen and sure enough everything
is right again.

I applied the same logic to my issue at HQ, I closed HQ and reopened it and
sure enough I can now edit the global customers' emails.

Lets hope it is one of those infrequent mysteries.

Reminds me of the old joke comparing Microsoft to a car that I won't repeat
on this forum.

Thanks for your help

--
Many thanks
Jack Master

"convoluted" wrote:

> Weird.  Running version 2.0.0123, email field is editable, no problem.
> Logged in as the administrator, in maintenance mode.
> What version are you running?
> Are you in a domain?
>
> "Jack of All trades, Master of None!" wrote:
>
> > I am trying to update customer email addresses through HQ but the e-mail
> > address in our Global Customer Properties is greyed out.
> >
> > I have complete administrator rights, full access to all information except
> > the customer's e-mail.
> >
> > Yes I am in maintenance mode, yes I have check field level security.
> >
> > What am I missing? Any suggestions would be helpful.
> > --
> > Many thanks
> > Jack Master
Jack, is 2.0.0125 RMS Service Pack 3?  Did this start happening after an
upgrade?  Also check the registry on each PC running the software, make sure
"everyone" has full control in both the store operations and headquarters
entries.... - good to hear the problem is "gone"...hope it stays that way.

"Jack of All trades, Master of None!" wrote:

> We are running HQ version  2.0.0125.
>
> Yes I am logged in as an administrator and in maintenance mode and part of a
> domain.
>
> This is getting stranger. We are running an e-mail campaign (discount when
> customers give us their email) at our stores so we are capturing customer
> information including e-mail addresses like crazy. Two of my 15 stores
> suddenly had the email address field greyed out (but could enter everything
> else). We asked them to close the POS and reopen and sure enough everything
> is right again.
>
> I applied the same logic to my issue at HQ, I closed HQ and reopened it and
> sure enough I can now edit the global customers' emails.
>
> Lets hope it is one of those infrequent mysteries.
>
> Reminds me of the old joke comparing Microsoft to a car that I won't repeat
> on this forum.
>
> Thanks for your help
>

> --
> Many thanks
> Jack Master
>

> "convoluted" wrote:
>
> > Weird.  Running version 2.0.0123, email field is editable, no problem.
> > Logged in as the administrator, in maintenance mode.
> > What version are you running?
> > Are you in a domain?
> >
> > "Jack of All trades, Master of None!" wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to update customer email addresses through HQ but the e-mail
> > > address in our Global Customer Properties is greyed out.
> > >
> > > I have complete administrator rights, full access to all information except
> > > the customer's e-mail.
> > >
> > > Yes I am in maintenance mode, yes I have check field level security.
> > >
> > > What am I missing? Any suggestions would be helpful.
> > > --
> > > Many thanks
> > > Jack Master
0
convoluted (621)

Mailing Labels to Spreadsheet.
I have seen this question before but am unable to find the message. I have a MS Word document in address label format. I would like to convert this file to a spread sheet. How do I do this? Thanks Michael Copy and paste in Ms Excel Eva That's a start but you then have to put each line into a column. See Text to Columns, Split at LF (line=feed character) (#lf) where each label is in one cell (macro in the topic after #lf) http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm#lf Creating a Table from something like a column of address labels (#snkAddr) where t...

online update fails, money 2004
Running Windows XP w/SP1, Ie 6.0 that claims 128bit cipher strength, and Money 2004 v12.0 When I go to the link provided there are only updates for IE5.5 and older, any ideas? Damon Damon@nospam.nospam.really-nospam.Achey.Net --------------------------- Microsoft Money --------------------------- Money was unable to establish a secure connection to the server due to a problem with the security components on your machine. <br><br>This error is often caused by an older version of Microsoft Strong Encryption. You can obtain the latest version of strong encryption from <a HREF=...

how do i get oulook to get mail from yahoo?
I have yahoo accounts, but cannot get outlook to recognize them... am computer illiterate, so put answer in laymans terms please. thanks Do you have a paid yahoo account? You need an account that supports POP3 (free accounts don't) before you can use it with Outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Sub...

incomming mail placed in trashcan not inbox
All of the incomming mail is placed directly into the trashcan. Before it is even read. The trash looks as if it is the inbox. ...

Cannot delete one message in Windows Mail
A message fron Sen Feinstein to an individual copied to me can not be deleted ? On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:43:18 +0100, John Kirby wrote: > A message fron Sen Feinstein to an individual copied to me can not be > deleted ? You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever program you are using. I would suggest you include your Windows version number in the message. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail ...

product key validation problem after sp2 update
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I work at a university and we have special version with office 2008 for mac with pre installed product key. Until now everything works great, but today, after updating to SP2 I get this message when I try to open any office application: Office for mac has determined that your product key is not valid. Does anyone has a solution (beside removing and installing again without sp2)? Thanks, Avner Traub Same problem here! Harald. Also have the same problem. Please help ! Raluca I'M TOO, SO??? URGENT!!! Same here!...

how to remove all mails from mailbox
I using exchange 2000, I have one mail account which is exceding a space of 2.5 gb. Is there any option in system manager from where i can delete all mail from that particular mailbox. One more question, When i delete any account from active directory,it deletes account but mail remain as it is. Thanks in advance Using Exchange 2000, you can't do that in ExSysMan. You need to use ADUs&Cs. Right click the owner's user object. Use "Exchange Tasks..." to delete the mailbox. If you wanna delete the mailbox without waiting for the retention period to expire, do the fo...

global removal of 'Arrange by'
After I converted from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003, all of my messages are 'arranged' by date groupings. I can see you to switch this off for individual folders (View, Arrange By, untick Show in Groups) but how can I do it for all of my folders a once? Thanks You can redefine your Messages view for this or define your own custom view and apply it to the folder upon first use. For instructions on how to redefine the Messages view see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/classicview2003.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pan...

How do you create custom bounce back messages?
We have two domains that our company uses. We want to get rid of one. Is there a way for me to create a custom bounce back message that says, "we are not accepting email for domain.com any more. Please send email to otherdomain.com" Thanks. On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 07:49:01 -0700, Dave Myles <DaveMyles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have two domains that our company uses. We want to get rid of one. Is >there a way for me to create a custom bounce back message that says, "we are >not accepting email for domain.com any more. Please send email to >othe...

update to database
Hi How can I update changes made in visio 2003 to SQL 2000 server When I did refresh model, the update database option is grayed out Is it not possible to do that in professional edition thanks database forward engineering is only available in the enterprise architect edition. al "j75251" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FF41FF7-DE31-495A-A14A-0D66A9EFBF99@microsoft.com... > Hi, > How can I update changes made in visio 2003 to SQL 2000 server? > When I did refresh model, the update database option is grayed out. > Is it not possible to d...

Send and receive e-mail on Office Outlook 2003 vs Outlook Express
Recently installed Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and everything seems to be okay, calendar, tasks etc., except that my e-mail still goes to Outlook Express. How can I have just one system (Microsoft Office Outlook 2003) Remove your email accounts from OE. Have you set them up in Outlook yet? "Felix Stein" <Felix Stein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8332AC71-6E21-41A8-B4EE-103FDFDDBB08@microsoft.com... > Recently installed Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and everything seems to > be > okay, calendar, tasks etc., except that my e-mail still goes to...

Auto fill cell addresses by not 1
Hi folks, Is there a way to auto-increment the cell address in a formula by an increment other than 1. For example by 15: =Fubar(A1,A2) =Fubar(A16,A17) =Fubar(A31,A32) : : : I have rather complex formulas that point to data on another excel sheet where the data is organize into blocks (it is generated by another program) rather than in nice sequential columns. Having to manual enter the cell addresses for 200 rows is a PITA! Cheers, Peter How about a little work? Say I want the formula in row 1 (say E1). I'd put this formula in E1: ="$$$=Fubar(a" & (...

Windows Mail removes attachment from one or more senders
Why does my Windows Mail on Vista remove attachments from messages from one particular sender who has a different IPS? When my server downloads messages to Windows Mail, I often get a message telling me, essentially, that "Windows Mail has removed attachment which was 'unsafe.' I can go out to the server and see the attachment, open it without any problems, but as soon as I open my Windows Mail, that same message has had the attachment removed by Windows Mail. The attachment is not removed. Access to it is blocked by your settings. If you clicked on that message...

enter figures in timesheets and it updates a job costing sheet
I have set up a job costing sheet and a timesheet, the staff fill in their timesheets and I entre them on to my system in excel and then I got a job costing sheet which gives me details on how much a job is costing us, I would like, when I enter figures into the timesheet it transfers and updates the job costing sheet. I have tried different fomulas but nothing seems to work, I would be very grateful if someone would help me please. Tell us what formula you've used, what data values, what error message (if any) you got, or what result you got and what result you expected. Remember ...

Windows Live Mail Windows 7
How do I remove email accounts from Windows Live Mail in Windows 7 64 - bit? I uninstalled Windows Live mail and re-installed it and the email accounts were still there. "PRHT" <PRHT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49EE3B72-B79F-4C2B-BB3F-E4C6A8305156@microsoft.com... > How do I remove email accounts from Windows Live Mail in Windows 7 64 - > bit? > I uninstalled Windows Live mail and re-installed it and the email accounts > were still there. Tried Tools/Accounts/Remove? The "Complete Uninstall/Reinstall Method": h...

Backup in Outlook 2000-Updated
I'm running Outlook 2000 in Windows XP-Home, SP2. Have noticed for quite some time that the Backup addin will not automatically launch itself. Recent changes that I know of: - SP2 - now running a program that is part of Spybot called TeaTimer. This program protects the registry. - Avast! Antivirus (it has a plug-in that scans Outlook mail) I receive no error messages from the Backup routine. I can go into the options and click "Save Backup" and it will work fine the next time I exit Outlook. I just cannot get it to automatically do it after say, 5 days. Any ideas on the c...

Can't delete Contacts in Address Book in Outlook 2000
It might be coincidental, but soon after I installed the Outlook Personal Folders Backup, it seems now I can't delete names from my Contacts and I want to delete names I no longer need to send e-mails to. When I attempt to delete those names, I get this message: Some names could not be deleted from the address list. The action could not be completed. Does anyone know how to get around this? ...

microsoft update-no administrative rights alert.
HELP!!!!!!!!! I own and I am the only administrator on my computer but suddenly for some reason i have no administrative rights to do anything. i try to use microsoft update services and it wont let me download updates because i have no rights to do so anymore. dukesgirl wrote: > HELP!!!!!!!!! I own and I am the only administrator on my computer but > suddenly for some reason i have no administrative rights to do anything. i > try to use microsoft update services and it wont let me download updates > because i have no rights to do so anymore. 1) Which edition of...

Delay in receiving SOME mail for one account
I have an exchange 2003 enterprise server with Windows 2003 enterprise server. Out of the 30 employees in the company, only ONE has a delay in receiving SOME of their e-mail (the president of the co). It seems to arrive about a week later, but if someone else in the company was CC'd on it, that other person will receive it. All the mail is filtered through Symantec Mail Security and then through the exchange server. All the appropriate ports are open. Do anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks!! How is the president's client (Outlook?) connecting? I suspect that th...

Send Mail Problem
Hi all One of our user got the below two message from postmaster, i try to disable the rule(list.dsbl.org) from the connection filtering, but the problems still exists. I search my mailserver ip on list.dsbl.org, it listed. To removal need one week. Have any faster way to fix this problems? abc@abc.com on Thu, 7 Dec 2006 08:28:05 +0800 There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <"Mailserver Host" #5.5.0 smtp;553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)> 1...

AutoPopulate Address fields
Seems to me that when I add a new contact from a pre-existing account, there ought to be a way to automatically populate the contact's address info, phone number(s), etc with data from the account record. Am I missing something, cuz I sure don't see a way to do this? -- bondg This should be mapped out of the box, but if not, check the mapping in Deployment Manager. Take a look at the schema and under each entity is a mapping node. You will want to look at the account entity and check to see which fields are mapped to the contact. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspo...

Undelete POP mail
I made a mistake and deleted a message by accident. My Outlook is set up to empty the Deleted Items folder on exit. I don't use an Exchange Server, but plain POP3 mail coming in from the internet. Is there any way to undelete messages after deleting them and emptying the Deleted Items folder? Thanks Como Molo <comomolo@loquecreas.com> wrote: > Is there any way to undelete messages after deleting them and > emptying the Deleted Items folder? Maybe. See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm -- Brian Tillman http://www.outlook-tips.n...

New mail in Outlook / Exchange
I have a newly built Windows 2K server with ISA 2K and Exchange 2K on the same box. First I tried using the Server Publishing Rules - Publish a Server wizard to add the Exchange server to ISA. I could recieve mail but not send. I then used the Publishing - Secure Mail Server wizard which created several IP Packet Filter rules. I can now send and recieve...but the Outlook clients will only register that new mail is there if I do something else that connects to Exchange...like create a new message or open the calendar. Even doing a manual send/recieve doesn't work. Any ideas? On Sun, 24...

New Second Mail Store
I created a new mail store so now I have 2 mailstores. I created the 2nd store so I can move mail mailboxes off the first store as I seem to have a corrupt mail store as I cannot do offline defrags etc. I created a new user today and pointed them to the new store. The user cannot read the test message I sent get error via owa HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found. Internet Information Services (IIS) But once I move this new user to the original mail store I get no errors and and read mails ok. It there a permission issue I have overlooked or some setting I need to impliment to a...

SMTP abruptly dies after installing Windows Update security patch.
All I'm having a strange problem with my SMTP abruptly dieing. My Outlook 2002 sp2 is able to receive but abruptly stopped being able to send through SMTP last week after running Microsoft Update and installing recent security patches and installing Norton Antivirus. I've uninstalled NAV and rolled back the security patches but am still unable to send through SMTP. I'm using 2 different SMTP servers both with authorization on private servers (not ISP) with settings that worked up until last week. I've tried with a different machine, same settings work fine. I'm runnin...