Glitch delays Windows XP SP3 release - RMS

Important NEWS

You may want to turn off the auto update at your client for a while

Glitch delays Windows XP SP3 release

Microsoft: Service pack suffering "compatibility issue"

Microsoft has said it is delaying the release of Windows XP Service Pack 3
because of a newly uncovered glitch.

The software maker said there is a "compatibility issue" between the XP
service pack and Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System, a retail chain
management program for SMEs.

You what.?

Bust through tech jargon with silicon.com's Cheat Sheets.

Microsoft finalised the code for Windows XP SP3 last week and had planned to
make it broadly available starting yesterday.

The company said in a statement: "In order to make sure customers have the
best possible experience, we have decided to delay releasing Windows XP SP3
to Windows Update and Microsoft Download Center."

The glitch also exists between Microsoft Dynamics RMS and Windows Vista
Service Pack 1, though that product has already been broadly released.
Microsoft started pushing out Vista SP1 last week via Automatic Updates.

Microsoft said: "To help protect our customers, we plan to put filtering in
place shortly to prevent Windows Update from offering both service packs to
systems running Microsoft Dynamics RMS. Once filtering is in place, we
expect to release Windows XP SP3 to Windows Update and Download Center."

Microsoft advised those running Microsoft Dynamics RMS to not install either
service pack. The company said a "fix is currently in testing and will be
available as soon as that process is complete".

FROM:  http://software.silicon.com/os/0,39024651,39210520,00.htm

Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk

0
afshin (783)
5/1/2008 3:48:58 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Apr 30, 5:48=A0pm, "Afshin" <afs...@retailrealm.co.uk> wrote:
> Important NEWS
>
> You may want to turn off the auto update at your client for a while
>
> Glitch delays WindowsXPSP3 release
>
> Microsoft:Servicepacksuffering "compatibility issue"
>
> Microsoft has said it is delaying the release of WindowsXPServicePack3
> because of a newly uncovered glitch.
>
> The software maker said there is a "compatibility issue" between theXPser=
vicepackand Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System, a retail chain
> management program for SMEs.
>
> You what.?
>
> Bust through tech jargon with silicon.com's Cheat Sheets.
>
> Microsoft finalised the code for WindowsXPSP3 last week and had planned t=
> make it broadly available starting yesterday.
>
> The company said in a statement: "In order to make sure customers have th=
> best possible experience, we have decided to delay releasing WindowsXPSP3
> to Windows Update and Microsoft Download Center."
>
> The glitch also exists between Microsoft Dynamics RMS and Windows VistaSe=
rvicePack1, though that product has already been broadly released.
> Microsoft started pushing out Vista SP1 last week via Automatic Updates.
>
> Microsoft said: "To help protect our customers, we plan to put filtering =
in
> place shortly to prevent Windows Update from offering bothservicepacks to
> systems running Microsoft Dynamics RMS. Once filtering is in place, we
> expect to release WindowsXPSP3 to Windows Update and Download Center."
>
> Microsoft advised those running Microsoft Dynamics RMS to not install eit=
herservicepack. The company said a "fix is currently in testing and will be
> available as soon as that process is complete".
>
> FROM: =A0http://software.silicon.com/os/0,39024651,39210520,00.htm
>
> Afshin Alikhani - afs...@retailrealm.co.uk

Is there still an incompatibility between rms 2.0 and XP service pack
3?  I'm getting errors during the SQL server express installation
portion.
0
luesato (3)

adding a new item to existing matrix in rms 2.0
how come when you add an item to an existhing matrix non of the information is being forward from the main matrix (ex. supplier, price, cost, reorder #, barcode format, etc.) even the size, color, and 3rd dimention that you entered to the new item is not being fowarded. what is going on with 2.0 thank jack I think the Matrix is still is a little buggy.. Get all hotfixed up and see if the helps. There have been 3 for 2.0 hotfixes already. "jack" <jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45CB84DE-B9B1-4DAC-9043-D8120CB44472@microsoft.com... > how come...

Folder security in Windows CE 6.0
Does any one let me know whether folder security (user should not be able to delete the folder or folder can be password protected) can be implemented in windows CE 6.0? Can anyone please let me know how i can implement it? Thanks Vikram G Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice BOOK REVIEW: C# In Depth by Jon Skeet (Manning) http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/42abae52-2297-42bb-b020-2b02f9f436a9/book-review-c-in-depth.aspx On 1/12/2010 11:00 AM, Vikram G wrote: > Does any one let me know whether folder security (user should n...

80070490 Error: Windows update encountered an unknown error 03-04-10
3 security updates will not complete (now 4). Error Code 80070490 02-Mar-10 I am unable to do these three security updates: KB970238(release date 6/9/09), KB97451(release date 10/13/09), KB954155(release date 10/13/09), & KB975517(release date 10/13/09). The last succesful update was KB9937286 on 2/27/2010 I have a Compaq Presario PC: SR5214X. OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Basic Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Compaq-Presario System Model GV441AA-ABA SR5214X System Type X86-based PC ...

New Import Utility for RMS Store Ops and HQ!
Just a post to advise RMS users and partners that we have just released a new import utility for RMS. It works with both HQ and SO and allows importing of items only, but does allow for changes and updates. Priced at US $495 or GBP £275 for end users. Reseller discounts are available If you are interested please email me at rod@rsgplc.com with the subject RSG Import Utility Rod Barlow Retail Systems Group PLC (Microsft RMS Reseller UK) ...

What is the best procedure for Getting a valid COA/License for a XP SP1 system.
I need to find out the best procedure for Getting a valid COA/License for a XP SP1 system. I've checked E-Bay but maybe dealing directly with M/S would be best Bob Robert J. Stevens wrote: > I need to find out the best procedure for Getting a valid > COA/License for a XP SP1 system. > I've checked E-Bay but maybe dealing directly with M/S would be best Not sure you can, anymore - for Windows XP. Assuming you are doing this because it is counterfeit/bad... http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/ -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart ...

>>>Notice of Delayed Response Times<<<<
------=_NextPart_0001_48190A22 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Dear partners, Thank you for your patience during our recent service delays due to flooding in the Fargo area. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and are working diligently to restore the service level you have become accustomed to receive with this service. We appreciate your patience as we work through posts and inquiries in the order they were received. Thank you for participating in the partner online technical communities! Jen Mehrer Microsoft Partner Newsgroups Suppo...

Share Cash Draw in RMS
I'm new to RMS, and looking to go through certification shortly, in the meantime .. Is it possible to have multiple terminals share a single reciept Printer and cash draws? how do you set it up? You would have to set the printer up to use Windows drivers rather than OPOS - then just share the printer on the network. I would NOT recommend sharing the cash drawer - you will have a terrible time trying to close (Z report) the registers and balance the cash drawer. Set it up in the lab - I think you'll see what I mean very quickly... Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www...

limit create window/control max count?
Hi all. I am testing a create control. But I want create many control (more 10000) in dialog. I test dynamic create CButton. It's created about 9800. I want work. 1. have a two dialog.(A, B) 2. A dialog has 40 controls(Button, Spin, static). 3. B dialog has contain A dialog. A dialog is more than 200. 4. create A dialog dynamic.(Using A->Create(IDD, this)) and attach B dialog. A dialog is modaless. 5. But not create about 190. dialog create function return 0. thank for read. Have a nice day. You need to redesign your system, IMO. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com...

Money 2007 H & B + Windows Vista
Hello, I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money (2007) on machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of "manual" how to go about the install procedure? A manual that describes where to have the program installed installed and where to keep the data? And a manual that describes how to keep the rights as an administrator as you would normally have under windows XP? And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about. Thanks, Eric "Eric" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:468fe69d$0$37724$5fc3050@dre...

xp desktop and start button missin
cant get into to windows even in safe mode have to go to task manager to open anytgin In task mgr,locate "new task",type: cmd In cmd type: CHKDSK C: After,you may want to type: Sfc /Scannow Install xp cd,exit the menu page.Once its thru,remove xp cd,type: CHKDSK C: /F Agree to restart,type: EXIT Restart pc. "jen" wrote: > cant get into to windows even in safe mode have to go to task manager to open > anytgin ...

Bug with controls location and scrollbars in a Windows Form
Hi, I've noticed a bug with WinForm and scrollbars, and I would like to know if there is a workaround ... Bug description : ------------------------ 1) create a win form, and add 3 buttons : * FirstButton : upper left corner of the winform * SecondButton : location = (0 ; 600) * ThirdButton : location = (100, 600) 2) Set : ThirdButton.Visible = false 3) Set the Form size to 100 x 100 ... and set : AutoScroll = true 4) Add the following event handler to the Click event of FirstButton and SecondButton ... private vo...

Wrap to Window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) In draft view, I'd like the text to wrap to the window size rather than the document's margins. Is this feature part of Word for Mac? It's easily done in the PC version. Thanks, Robin Hi Robin - Word> Preferences> View - check the box for Wrap text to window. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/12/08 10:20 AM, in article ee98414.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Robin@officeformac.com" <Robin@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > &g...

close all windows
is there any way to get access to close all the open windows usingVBA, without having to define all the open windows. many thanks michael Dim frm as FormFor each frm in Forms Docmd.Closenext frmOn Mar 20, 10:15 am, Wayne-I-M <Wayn...@discussions.microsoft.com>wrote:> DoCmd.Quit>> --> Wayne> Manchester, England.>>>> "michael goodall" wrote:> > is there any way to get access to close all the open windows using> > VBA, without having to define all the open windows. many thanks michael- Hide quoted text ->> - Show quoted text -...

RMS--Multiple Loyalty Clubs
Does anyone make an add on to allow for multiple loyalty clubs per client? I would like to be able to set it up so that I can either print out a certificate every month and send the customer a voucher for their reward points for the particular club, or set it up so that certain levels of points trigger certificates for redemptions for certain SKUs of product vs. a flat cash credit to their account. contact me at secure payment systems for some really cool options regarding our loyalty card program that we are integrating with microsoft's retail management system right now. It's...

window client area...
Hi, After getting a pointer to the main window by using AfxGetMainWnd(), how to get the window's client area? I try CalcWindowRect() but it returns huge numbers that don't make sense. Please help. Thanks. Tony Try GetClientRect() -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "May Young" <tony@srac.com> wrote in message news:3FD6826E.1030603@srac.com... > Hi, > > After getting a pointer to the main window by using AfxGetMainWnd(), how > to get the window's client area? I try CalcWindowRect() but it returns >...

how can i present a JPG in a window having cell with the path?
I build a catalog for coins collection with Excel. each row represents a coin (record). in two cells (fields) i have a path to both sides of the coin scanned as a JPG files in the specific directory. i would like the following scenario: when i stand on a specific row (any cell), the relevant images are presented in 2 big windows. when i move to another row, the image automatically changes etc. i would like also to control the size of the window. would appreciate your help, thanks, sam Hi Sam See if this gets you started: Insert an Image1 from the activex coltrols toolbox. S...

Migrating from Novell to Windows 2000 server causes issues with .PST on Win95/98
All: Hopefully someone has seen this before and can provide a clue. We are currently migrating all of our user home directories from Novell 5 servers to Windows 2000 servers. The majority of our clients are XP and Windows 2000 workstations using Outlook 2000. However, there are still a number of clients using Windows 95/98 and Outlook 98. After copying .PST files from the Novell home directory to the Windows 2000 home directory using a Windows XP workstation, users using the Windows 95/98 workstations get an 'access denied error' when attempting to open their .PST folder from the ...

Delay Direct Push
Hi, Wonder if anyone face the same problem as i'm facing... Delay in receiving email at times.... 3 mins at times.... most often 1 min.... No matter if i'm on wireless or GPRS connection.... Can anyone advice? On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 23:39:57 +0800, "Gary Ng" <gary.ng@netplus-asia.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Wonder if anyone face the same problem as i'm facing... Delay in receiving >email at times.... 3 mins at times.... most often 1 min.... > >No matter if i'm on wireless or GPRS connection.... > >Can anyone advice? > What about the lo...

skin window
hi, I create a skinnable window. But I have no way to make its menu visible. How do I fix it? thanks hi alan.... how did you make skinnable window? I create a region on a bitmap that is almost a rectangle, then use SetWindowRgn to attach the window. When handling the WM_ERASEBKGND, I bitblt the bitmap to the DC. That's my way. "zek" <zekixx@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eyt6D0NXDHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi alan.... > > how did you make skinnable window? > > thanks alan.. "Alan Li" <activeperson@sina.com> wrote in ...

Queryinterface then Release fails
Not directly MFC but I couldn't find an appropriate group. I am using the imaging api. and am not too familiar with COM. As I understood it, you must release every resource obtained through Queryinterface. Would someone indicate why the pBasicBitmapOps->Release(); in the code snippet below returns S_FALSE? (the other Releases() return S_OK). TIA HBITMAP withImaging2 (HDC hdc, IImage *pImage) { IImagingFactory* pImageFactory = 0; IBitmapImage* pBitmapImage = 0; IBasicBitmapOps *pBasicBitmapOps = 0; HRESULT hr; CoInitializeEx(0, COINIT_MULTITHREADED); HBITMAP hBitmap = 0; if...

Moving Outlook account to another Windows log-in user account
I currently use 2 different Windows log-in User accounts, and have an email account I access on each of them, 1 for work and 1 for home. I did this because my work environment is wireless. I'm sick of switching back and forth between Windows user accounts to check work email vs. personal email. How do I transfer one Outlook email account to another Windows user account on the same computer. I'm sure I could just add an email account on one or the other, and delete it from the existing User Account, but I'd like to retain all of my existing folders and content. Then I...

Web hyperlinks: default browser and resulting browser window size?
Hi, Am using Excel 97 (I know it is old but I like it!) with Windows XP Pro (SP2). Have a series of web hyperlinks in a worksheet, that load the current chart for a specified chart, from Yahoo Finance. For example: http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/c/1y/c/tls.ax will load the chart for the Australian telco "Telstra". All the links work just fine but have two questions: 1) My default internet browser is Firefox but the links always open Internet Explorer. Is there a way to ensure that Firefox is used? 2) The loaded chart appears in a maximised IE window. Which is a bit silly as t...

Changing barcode type in RMS 1.3
Is there a way to change bar code type for all items all at once? After importing to RMS 1.3 from QS200 all items show bar code type "none" What is the best/standard type of bard codes to use. Thanks Hi Robert, You can run the SQL Query to update it what you like: Use SO Administrator Query option: Update Item Set Barcodeformat=2 The above no 2 means the 2nd barcode from the list of barcode. so if you want "codebar" you can put 4. Please rate this. "Robert" wrote: > Is there a way to change bar code type for all items all at once? > After imp...

How do I STOP outlook from opening a New Explorer window on every
When I click on a Link to a Web Page it always opens a New Explorer Everytime. How do I Stop this ?? This is Very annoying & a Pain to keep closing them I agree with Ken. Is there a way to do right click on a link and select "Copy Shortcut" instead of clicking the link to open a new window? Thanks, Ruf Ken in AB <Ken in AB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I click on a Link to a Web Page it always opens a New Explorer > Everytime. How do I Stop this ?? > > This is Very annoying & a Pain to keep closing them In IE, click Tools>Internet Optio...

WIN 7 64Bit with HP CP2025dn LaserJet With Windows 7 64bit offline issue
I had a system crash which forced me to re-install windows. Now, my CP2025DN shows offline, I have to shut it off and turn it back on, as it's refusing to wake up from powersave in order to print, or if I log off, reboot and log back on, the printer prints my job. Can I just disable powersave or is there an option for always online? Thank you Tony Lisanti You should refer to the user manual about the settings for the printer. If you don't have the manual you can go to HP's website and download the documentation @ http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...