Glitch delays Windows XP SP3 release - RMS

Important NEWS

You may want to turn off the auto update at your client for a while

Glitch delays Windows XP SP3 release

Microsoft: Service pack suffering "compatibility issue"

Microsoft has said it is delaying the release of Windows XP Service Pack 3
because of a newly uncovered glitch.

The software maker said there is a "compatibility issue" between the XP
service pack and Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System, a retail chain
management program for SMEs.

You what.?

Bust through tech jargon with silicon.com's Cheat Sheets.

Microsoft finalised the code for Windows XP SP3 last week and had planned to
make it broadly available starting yesterday.

The company said in a statement: "In order to make sure customers have the
best possible experience, we have decided to delay releasing Windows XP SP3
to Windows Update and Microsoft Download Center."

The glitch also exists between Microsoft Dynamics RMS and Windows Vista
Service Pack 1, though that product has already been broadly released.
Microsoft started pushing out Vista SP1 last week via Automatic Updates.

Microsoft said: "To help protect our customers, we plan to put filtering in
place shortly to prevent Windows Update from offering both service packs to
systems running Microsoft Dynamics RMS. Once filtering is in place, we
expect to release Windows XP SP3 to Windows Update and Download Center."

Microsoft advised those running Microsoft Dynamics RMS to not install either
service pack. The company said a "fix is currently in testing and will be
available as soon as that process is complete".

FROM:  http://software.silicon.com/os/0,39024651,39210520,00.htm

Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk

0
afshin (783)
5/1/2008 3:48:58 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Apr 30, 5:48=A0pm, "Afshin" <afs...@retailrealm.co.uk> wrote:
> Important NEWS
>
> You may want to turn off the auto update at your client for a while
>
> Glitch delays WindowsXPSP3 release
>
> Microsoft:Servicepacksuffering "compatibility issue"
>
> Microsoft has said it is delaying the release of WindowsXPServicePack3
> because of a newly uncovered glitch.
>
> The software maker said there is a "compatibility issue" between theXPser=
vicepackand Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System, a retail chain
> management program for SMEs.
>
> You what.?
>
> Bust through tech jargon with silicon.com's Cheat Sheets.
>
> Microsoft finalised the code for WindowsXPSP3 last week and had planned t=
> make it broadly available starting yesterday.
>
> The company said in a statement: "In order to make sure customers have th=
> best possible experience, we have decided to delay releasing WindowsXPSP3
> to Windows Update and Microsoft Download Center."
>
> The glitch also exists between Microsoft Dynamics RMS and Windows VistaSe=
rvicePack1, though that product has already been broadly released.
> Microsoft started pushing out Vista SP1 last week via Automatic Updates.
>
> Microsoft said: "To help protect our customers, we plan to put filtering =
in
> place shortly to prevent Windows Update from offering bothservicepacks to
> systems running Microsoft Dynamics RMS. Once filtering is in place, we
> expect to release WindowsXPSP3 to Windows Update and Download Center."
>
> Microsoft advised those running Microsoft Dynamics RMS to not install eit=
herservicepack. The company said a "fix is currently in testing and will be
> available as soon as that process is complete".
>
> FROM: =A0http://software.silicon.com/os/0,39024651,39210520,00.htm
>
> Afshin Alikhani - afs...@retailrealm.co.uk

Is there still an incompatibility between rms 2.0 and XP service pack
3?  I'm getting errors during the SQL server express installation
portion.
0
luesato (3)

Setting audio driver as default in Windows 7
In Windows 7, how can I make an audio driver as the default one for playback while installing? I was using SetupPreferredAudioDevices keyword in my INF file to make the audio driver default in Windows Vista. But I could see that in Windows 7 this support is not available. Is there any other way to make the driver default at the time of installation? Arun Sankar <Arun Sankar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >In Windows 7, how can I make an audio driver as the default one for playback >while installing? I was using SetupPreferredAudioDevices keyword in my INF &g...

Maximum number of process....Windows
Hi, Is there any limit of number of process or thread that can run at a time in Win9X and win2k/XP OS. Plz reply. regds vinay Well, on the toy systems (Win9x), the process limit is fairly small, probably reasonably on the order of a few hundred, but I've never measured it. The limit is based on the available real memory, the available paging space, the amount of GDI space, the number of windows, etc. (the USER and GDI space is shared system-wide under MS-DOS), and, or course, the sizes of the processes. On real operating systems, you will probably run out of patience before you r...

Can I use Free Excel Viewer 97/2000 in Windows XP?
Microsoft downloads doesn't list the free excel viewer compatible with Windows XP. Is there a free download to view and print excel spreadsheets, that's compatible with Windows XP? Linda The Viewer for Office 97/2000 works fine under Windows XP. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:11:01 -0700, "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Microsoft downloads doesn't list the free excel viewer compatible with >Windows XP. Is there a free download to view and print excel spreadsheets, >that's compatible with Windows XP? Linda An...

windows media player transferring media info id3 tags
I need to know how to preserve some of the media information I am inputting on my Windows Media LIbrary. When I copy the files to another computer only the basic info about the songs shows up. None of the "custom" info or the "mood" or the "keywords" are transferred. how can I avoid losing this info while still using WMP. thanks. -- clp253 Not all the info you enter is stored in tags so in the audio file. It is also dependent on the file format used, e.g. in WAV almost none of the info is stored and certainly not any edits. The only think you ...

Unable to open Outlook window
When I try to start Outlook 2003 I get the message "Cannot Start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact the administrator if this condition persists. What would cause this problem to suddenly appear and how do I fix it? Many thanks. Create a new mail profile here: Control Panel->Mail Icon->Show Profiles->New. Do not copy your old profile. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name her...

windows xp and windows server 2003 remote access login question
Hi, When I remote access login my Windows 2003 Server from my Windows XP, after 2 minutes, it will pop out a warning message and kick me out. What do I need to adjust in the 2003 server so the remote access login from my Windows XP will live longer than 2 minutes? Thanks for help. Jason On 24.3.2010 1:58, Jason Huang wrote: > Hi, > > When I remote access login my Windows 2003 Server from my Windows XP, after > 2 minutes, it will pop out a warning message and kick me out. > What do I need to adjust in the 2003 server so the remote access login from >...

Money06 & Windows 98
Does Money 06 work with Windows 98? ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- Sorry no. You have 3 options:- 1. Upgrade Windows to XP. 2. Upgrade to Money 2000 - 2005 (one of not all!) and then to Money 2006 3. Do the conversion on a different XP machine and then copy the file back to the W98 PC. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://suppo...

Resizing a splitter window
I have a splitter window and I want to control which side of the splitter gets smaller when the window size is reduced. Can someone please help? Chris Baker wrote: > I have a splitter window and I want to control which side of the splitter > gets smaller when the window size is reduced. > > Can someone please help? When the size is changed the parent window (CMainFrame, usually) gets the WM_SIZE message. Add a message handler for it. In the handler, call splitter functions like SetColumnInfo to resize as desired. Then call the splitter's RecalcLayout. Caution: the...

How to turn off Windows explorer?
Hello, I want to build an OS design for a kiosk application, there should only be the application programs user interface, no other possibilities for user operations. I have read that it is possible to keep the Windows explorer from being built into the image but I can't find the catalog item that controls it. Can anybody help me please Thank you very much. Martin Martin wrote... > I want to build an OS design for a kiosk application, there should only > be > the application programs user interface, no other possibilities for user > operations. I have...

Publisher 2002/XP
Hi all, Does Publisher 2002, work with Hyperthreading PC's?? It installs OK, and SP3 installs OK after it. BUT, no matter what I do, it crashes, when I click on a template/go to about in the menu, or select anything in the menu! And it goes round in circles until I untick restart Publisher (which shows in the error window that appears). Any clue why it doesn't work?? I have Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Access 2002/XP installed. And SP3 has been installed as well. And they run fine, no prob at all.NONE of these crash. Any info appreciated Cheers Paul wrote: > Hi all, &...

Enter Network Password Outlook xp
It seems that every few minutes, outlook forgets my authenication. It displays a message asking me to enter my network password. Does anyone have a solution to this? its quite annoying. NB Outlook doesnt ask for network passwords. Sounds like the network card is going to sleep and you need to reconnect to the network after a long pause or inactivity. NETWORK PLACES / VIEW CONNECTION /PROPERTIES / CONFIGURE / POWER. Uncheck allow card to sleep. Thom Apply Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2 for Outlook 2002....this eliminated the problem for me ...

remove windows mail from xp
this computer has xp and my laptop has vista, somehow i suppose through the email i have picked up windowsmail? I use googlemail but i recieve multiple email failure notices from windowsmail? how do i delete windowsmail from my desktop, it does not appear in the control panel ap delete microsoft items? thanks bobkupferer@gmail.com ref: http://codeconnect.net/microsoft-news.windowsxp-general "bobkupferer" wrote in message news:ug5a1S2hKHA.1648@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > this computer has xp and my laptop has vista, somehow i suppose through > the email i ...

(reminder) Microsoft Dynamics RMS Live Chat scheduled for May 7
------=_NextPart_0001_08F41FDF Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit On Thursday, May 7th, 2009, the Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) team will host a Live Chat from 10 a.m. until 11 a.m. PT. In this chat, our experts will take questions on Service Pack 3 for Microsoft Dynamics RMS. If we get a high volume of questions during the chat, our experts might not be able to respond to all of them within time allowed. In that event, our experts will respond after the chat ends, to the extent possible, and their answers will be included in the transcript ...

Great Plains 7.50g30 and Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
Is Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 compatible with Great Plains version 7.50g30? Experienced any issues with GP post SP 2 install? You should not have any problem running this. Are you experiencing a problem, or just trying to prepare for the service pack? -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "gptester" <gptester@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F4E7F0F-6DDE-4A45-8099-C5015C6F96ED@microsoft.com... > Is Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 compatible with Great Plains > version 7.50g30? Experienced any issues with GP post SP 2 i...

Access XP >> 2000 >> 97
I have on my machine Acc2003, AccXP, Acc2000 and Acc97. Each customer and its needs... I have written a small application in Acc2000 and it was also opened with AccXP (Acc2000 File format) Then I realised my customer had only Acc97. I did the conversion from AccXP AND from Acc2000 and every time I try to open a form in Acc97 I get a crash message and Access closes. Is there a way to convert it to prior Access version that works? -- (�`�.��.���`�.��.->YmK<-.��.���`�.��.���) Yaacov Klapisch VB/Access Programmer - System Admin. y@klapisch.net If you have ADO code in your 2000 app, it ...

RMS Store Operation Manager
Hello Everyone, I just finish to install on my laptop to test the RMS 1.3, it installed MSDE 2000 and I created the Database with RMS Store Administrator, but when I try to connect with the RMS Store Manager I get the following error: Not Found Error 201 : The Cashier was not found or the password is incorrect. Username: sa Password: sa DB: RMSSample Rommel J. Jimenez When logging into SO Manager or SO POS by default use the following: User Name: 1 Password: password Rob "Rommel J. Jimenez" <rommeljimenez@cantv.net> wrote in message news:O5RUeHADHHA.996@TK2MSFTNGP0...

Outlook XP batch save attachments to folder?
Is there a way to batch save attachments to a folder without 3rd party plugins? No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Robert Blackwell" <rob@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23lUovWp7EHA.3820@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to batch save attachments to a folder without 3rd party > plugins? > ...

eCommerce / RMS Integration Project
We are a retailer with 4 stores running RMS and a website running php/mysql. We were considering re-doing our website with storefront.net since our current system isn't as reliable as we'd like it to be and storefront has some nice additional features. Mainly we want our web to look and act more like our stores. We want to manage inventory from RMS rather than a proprietary web interface. It would be nice to have our customer's in RMS as well. The Newestech integrator should be more than adequate. I would like to hear some feedback on Storefront.Net. I've heard some ba...

Reinstalled XP, now can't access Outlook mail. #2
We reinstalled XP Pro on our office machine. Now we cannot view our email (Outlook 2002)!!! Now when we launch Outlook it's as if it were a fresh install & we are a new user. HOW CAN WE USE OUR EXISISTING EMAIL ACCOUNT?? ...

Export emails from Vista windows Mail to Outlook Express 08-18-10
Sorry but somehow I couldn't add this to the original thread of the Post I sent earlier this month. My friend wanted to Export emails from Vista Windows Mail to Outlook Express Anyway although this is no longer a problem as my friend finally found another way to do this I am curious as to why her AppData did not appear. I passed on the instructions to her and also tested it out myself on W7 WLM and it worked for me. However when she started to go through the procedure she found out where her Store folder was located and when she tried to navigate to her Store folder s...

Windows XP updates not successful
I am continually getting told by XP (Service Pack 3) that updates are ready for my computer. When I try and install them, I get this: "The following updates were not installed: KB971486, KB969059, KB958869." I went through my Windows Update history, and the first update that was unsuccessful was KB971486. So I downloaded this update to try and install it manually (with the "WindowsXP-KB931784-x86-ENU.exe" /o command), and I got a message saying that "Setup has detected that the Service Pack version of this system is newer than the update you are applying...

SetWindowsHookEx from service to user window
I can call successfully hook into another window's message proc but the same won't work from a service. Even after turning 'allow to interact with desktop' i still get ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED when calling SetWindowsHookEx. I know it has to do with security, desktops and window stations but I still havent figured it out. I'm not sure if I need an extra thread and which thread needs to be associated with which desktop. This is what I've tried so far: hWnd -> hooked window DWORD thid = GetWindowThreadProcessId(hWnd,NULL); HDESK desk = OpenDesktop("default"...

Is there a way to turn off the multiple / separate windows is GP 1
Is there a way to turn off the multiple / separate windows is GP 10.0? I have several users that are confused and overwhelmed by having multiple windows open up. Is there any way to enable/disable this feature? No there is not. Also there is no plan to change the current behavior. "mdrewes" wrote: > Is there a way to turn off the multiple / separate windows is GP 10.0? I > have several users that are confused and overwhelmed by having multiple > windows open up. Is there any way to enable/disable this feature? Hence the word Windows Hence the word "windows&q...

Installing components for Microsoft Excel XP
I Need Help. I recently demoted my PDC to a standard server and joined another domain. Now when I attempt to access Excel I receive the following: =========================================== "Installing components for Microsoft Excel" Installing: "Microsoft Excel Feature" =========================================== It runs and then goes away but it does this every time I open Excel. How do I get rid of this message. I really don't want to re-install Excel. Things I have done. 1. Copied the old user's profile to the new one. 2. Move the Application Data...

RMS Time Clock and Departments
Is anyone aware of a third party addition to Store Operations to add departments to the cashier and also the timeclock feature? This company would find the timeclock by department very beneficial. Thanks! If your cashiers don't move around a lot, you could work around the limitation by assigning cashiers numbers based on departments? That way you could sort or filter reports based on department. for example: sporting goods cashiers 2001, 2002 housewares cashiers 3001, 3002 Then filter a report for sporting goods cashier > 2000 and <3000 Marc "Kathy" <...