gift receipts #5

I have downloaded the gift receipt format and added it to my list of receipt
formats - now I don't know how to get it to work.  I have two printers at my
POS stations - one for the 40 column receipt a one for a full page.  We are
set up right now for the cashiers to be asked which printer to use as we have
both cash customers for the small receipts and account customers who get a
full page receipt.  How do I get an option to print a small format gift
receipt.
--
Merle
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Merle - My understanding is that the "out of the box" solution will not allow
you to do gift receipt printing because you are already allocating the two
printers.  You'll need to either forego one of the receipt printers or wait
for a third party add-on to reply.

"Island Blue" wrote:

> I have downloaded the gift receipt format and added it to my list of receipt
> formats - now I don't know how to get it to work.  I have two printers at my
> POS stations - one for the 40 column receipt a one for a full page.  We are
> set up right now for the cashiers to be asked which printer to use as we have
> both cash customers for the small receipts and account customers who get a
> full page receipt.  How do I get an option to print a small format gift
> receipt.
> --
> Merle
0
convoluted (621)

Blank Emails #5
Dear All, We have a problem on our computer at home. All emails seem to be coming through Outlook as blank messages ie. the Sender, Subject and body are all blank. However, if you view the message header information you can see the sender. It's been happening for a few days now so we "downgraded" and attempted to use Outlook Express. The same thing is happening. Soooo... we then installed Eudora to see what happens... the same AGAIN! Does anyone know what this could be causing this? Thanks so much in advance! Steve It sounds like a virus. Virus programs will often spo...

Exchange 5.5 on Win2K
I am in the process upgrading an NT domain to 2K and AD. I would prefer not to do the Exchange server 'till later. Are there any known issues with running MSX 5.5 in Win2K? Thanks in advance! Regards, Jack Handy jehandy@verizon.net Its best to search echnet site at www.microsoft.com/technet for known issues. >-----Original Message----- >I am in the process upgrading an NT domain to 2K and AD. I would prefer not >to do the Exchange server 'till later. Are there any known issues with >running MSX 5.5 in Win2K? > >Thanks in advance! > > > >Re...

Remove an exchange 5.5 server from a site
What's the best way to remove an E 5.5 from a site? History: We have migrated from NT 4.0/E5.5 to W2K/E2K. We have many E5.5 sites and now I want to remove one of the E 5.5 from it�s site/(AG) All new E2K servers are in there own AG/Site. The server to remove is the only Exchange server in it's site. TJ "TJ" <tom535@home.se> wrote in news:OhMYfIL8DHA.2952 @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl: > What's the best way to remove an E 5.5 from a site? > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;152959 Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www....

Read Receipt
I send messages with the read request option selected but when I check the tracking there is no documented receipt. Does the receiver have to agree for the tracking to list the receipt? No. A large proportion of folks never reply to the receipt. In fact, I make it a point not to do so. Now, if I were working in a busy office and the policy was to answer, I probably would respond. "PDR" <PDR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0BBFA69-F38D-452B-B687-446B2AA9C5F8@microsoft.com... >I send messages with the read request option selected but when I chec...

Exchange 5 16gig barrier affects 5.5?
My exchange 5.5 server shut down today. It thinks it has reached the information store 16gig limit. What is strange is it is a 5.5 server. which this limit was suposedly fixed in. The event manager even has an entry stating this. I am going to clean up some space to buy me some time. but would like to know why. again, the disk is not full, the exchange info store thinks it hit the 16gig barrier and shuts itself down. Any help appreciated. There are two versions of Exchange Server v. 5.5 - Enterprise and Standard. Standard, which you likely have, still has the 16gb limit. Enterprise has t...

5.1.1 NDR on deleted, non existant user. Stumper.
Hi All. This one is just killing me, please someone - help. :) We have Exchange 2K on Win2K BDC. We have Public Folders. One particular one, the company-wide folder, has default permissions for all to view. We *had* a contact that I deleted, that, when people send or post to this public folder, yeilds this NDR (bounce) to the sender/poster. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Rob Somedude (crew) on 7/13/2005 4:40 PM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly ...

internal exchange error #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##
internal exchange error #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ## - external to internal ok Outlook 2007 Exchange 2007 User1@domain.com has a mailbox on exchange. User2@domain.com has a mailbox on exchange. User 1 Outlook is configured to use exchange accounts. When sending fron scott@externaldomain.com to user2@domain.com , mail arrives. When sending from user1@domain.com to user2@domain.com i get the error below. ---------------------------------------------------------- The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system. Mi...

P R O D U C T R E C A L L
I think Microsoft should bite the bullet and withdraw this product from the market and fix it before it looks any more stupid in the media. Money 2005 errors are beginning to make more news headlines. Keep up the pressure guys, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Email Bill Gates direct to get a better response. I aggree <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30fa01c4a9a5$d2757eb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > > I think Microsoft should bite the bullet and withdraw > this product from the market and fix it before it looks > any more stupid in the me...

time conversion #5
I need to convert elapsed times from hours & minutes to total minutes. For example 10:35 to 635. I tried making a vlookup table to do it, but it sometimes returns a wrong value. Help? Either format the cell as [mm] or use a formula like =A1*24*60 and format as general. -- Regards Juan Pablo Gonz�lez "Pierre" <pgadmer@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:0c3c01c4ad75$8957fb80$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I need to convert elapsed times from hours & minutes to > total minutes. For example 10:35 to 635. I tried making a > vlookup table to do it, but it someti...

Reissuing gift card / voucher
We currently use bar codes and RMS's voucher feature for gift cards. The gift card we printed were double sided and about $0.90 per card. We have a large number of fully redeemed gift cards, many in excellent condition. Is it possible and/or advisable to delete the data associated with the fully redeemed cards and resell them? This is not only good for the environment, but also to keep our costs lower. It is possible to delete the data on sold cards. You need to go to the items portion of manager and then edit the voucher "item" under the serials tab. Then you can delete a...

Item Movement Report #5
Hi, I am trying to add in the price and cost for each item on the Item Movement report. However this report seems to run off a view rather than a table. How can I join the ViewItemMovement view and the Item table in order to add in the Item.Price and Item.Cost fileds to this report? When I try to do this I get the following error : 'Aritmmetic Overflow error coverting expression to data type int' -- Regards, datapac_bs I've got one with what you need. It's a Headquarters report. If you'd like I can send it to you. sbinder@venus.com "datapac_bs" wrote...

Address Book Problem #5
I just copied my contact folder from my lap top to my desk top PC. Both have Outlook 2002. I have the names sorted last name first in my laptop. When sending a new e-mail, I select a name from the contact list, sorted in the same order. But, when I imported the same file to my desk top PC, the names are still sorted correctly (last name first) in Contacts but, when sending a new e-mail the names seem to have been resorted first name first. Upon reopening the contact list, everything is still sorted as I had intended. How can I get these 2 lists in sync? Thanks! Dale You did not cl...

gift receipt #2
i hope someone may be able to help with this. i would like to set up a gift receipt, and i have seen in receipt formats that there is one, but how do i designate which receipt i am printing? One way to do this (and there are probably several others) is to set up a second POS Printer for the register (Printer1 and printer 2 CAN be the same physical printer). Create a new receipt format using the gift receipt template, and assign it to Printer 2. Set printer to to not print receipts or to print only after asking, and make sure it is set to journal receipts. If a customer asks for a g...

OL2002 Send/Receive Hangs @ 5%
For the last few days, I have been unable to synchronize my off-line folders. When I log on or off Outlook, it begins to sycnhronize as usual but hangs after only 5%. It appears to be continuing to try to synch, but I have waited more than 2 hours (dial up) and the progress does not go beyond 5%. I am able to access on-line just fine. I get new mail, send mail, etc. I am also able to open my off-line mail, but it has not changed since Oct 30 AM. I have not found anything in the knowledge base that I recognized as related to this problem. Any help appreciated. ...

Cash receipts posting journal
Hi, Am on GP SP4. Any idea, why Cash receipts posting journal prints 'n' times for 'n' number of payments. I want to print n pages(Payments) by prining once. Am referring to the below report Reports -> Sales -> Posting Journals -> Cash Receipts Posting Journal eg: i have 3 cash receipts. the reports prints thrice. i want it to print 3 pages by printing only once. Does it behaves by default? Thanks in advance. Arun. "Arun" wrote: > Hi, > > Am on GP SP4. > > Any idea, why Cash receipts posting journal prints 'n' times for &...

selecting 1 in every 5 cells in a column.
Hi everyone happy new year. May problem is that I have gathered a lot of data from a logger takin a sample every second for 10 hours. From this data I would like to mak list consisting of data for every 5 seconds, 30 second ,1 minute etc As I have 36,000 samples I do not want to do this by hand. I'm sur there must be a way of doing this in excel. Does anyone know how to d this. Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: Assume data on Sheet1 and list on sheet2. 5 seconds: A1: =INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,ROW()*5-4) 30 seconds: A1...

Range names #5
I imported external data (from Access) into a worksheet and named the range in the External Data Range Properties dialog. The format of the external data has changed so I deleted the query and then the range name (using the Insert => Define => Name menu) and reimported it. However I cannot give the query the same name as I get the message 'A query with this name already exists in this sheet'. There are no links to external files and no other worksheets in the workbook containing this name. I also tried deleting the range, saving and closing, then reimporting, without succ...

Exchange 5.5
Dear, I always receives a "Not read" message form a person which I didn't invite for an appointment, everytime I invite another and always the same colleague. We're from IT, but haven't had this kind of problem before. Please give any advice where to search .... Hope our Exchange 5.5 (W2000 clients) isn't "tripping"? Thanks, S. Hi Steve, Is it possible that the "not read" message is coming from someone to whom mailbox access has been delegated for the intended recipient? Meaning, the colleague you are inviting has granted access to thei...

8.5 x 7.00 memorial folder
Hi, I was using publisher 2003 to make custom memorial folders for the funeral home I work for. I changed the page size to 8.5x7.00 and they printed correctly on my Konica Minolta 5550. We recently upgraded to MS OFFICE 2007 and tried using the new publisher to create the same memorial folder setup. I have added the 8.5 x 7.00 to the custom page setup, added that size paper to my printer setup(something i didn't have to do with Publisher 2003) and it still will not print. It changes my page settings BACK to 8.5 x 11 regardless of what size paper I select, and when it does pr...

address QR 2123 in version 7.5 and 8.0
Our client is encountering the error that has been documented as QR 2123. They have requested that it be fixed in GP 7.5. MBS has said that it will not be addressed until version 9.0. Below is the detail of the QR, followed by MBS's response and our client's request: Quality Report 2123 - Description: When a check is voided in a different month than it was originally issued, the Payroll Summary report doesn’t reflect the void correctly. Steps to Recreate: 1.Build, Calculate, and Post a payroll check with a check date of 3/1/2003. 2.Go to Reports | Payroll | Period End and ...

Change The Text on Sales Receipt
I want to chagne the header of the Sales Receipt to read Donation Receipt. Is this possible? How can I do this? use notepad to edit c:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store Operations\ReceiptTemplates\receipt.xml find the line that reads: <TEXT> Transaction.ReceiptTransactionName </TEXT> change to say: <TEXT> "Donation Receipt" </TEXT> save to same file or to another filename to preserve backup copy in SO Manager - Database - Regiseters - Receipt Formats select receipt and click Properties click magnify button beside the Sales re...

Migrating from 5.5 to 2003
I am planning on migrating an NT 4.0 domain to a 2003 AD integrated domain. As a result of this, I have setup a mock network similar to my own (not exact setup because I'm just getting the feel for things and will do it over several times). I've chosen to do an in-place upgrade by upgrading my NT PDC to 2003 with AD and an AD integrated DNS server. I've installed the ADC, did domain prep, etc. etc. as per the installation guide. There's something I've noticed, but am not sure if it's behavior by design: During setup I got the following errors in the Application even...

customized receipts
Hi all, I'm looking for full page customized receipts/invoices, I checked Business Solution Webpages but those did not work for me. All I need is lines seperating each column, or rectangular areas for each column. I do not know how to edit XML, if you know any source where I can download receipts/invoices, pls send me the links. tech@fampos.com We customize reports for a fee. Call if you are interested. 208-376-8121 "ProNY" wrote: > Hi all, > I'm looking for full page customized receipts/invoices, I checked Business > Solution Webpages but those did not work ...

Splitting Cells #5
I have a sheet that I am working on and want to create a split cell within the cell itself. How do you do that? You don't. There's no provision for splitting cells in XL. You can split content to other cells, either via formula or Data/Text to Columns. You can merge two columns except for the row(s) you want your "split" to occur, but merged cells generally cause more problems than they're worth. There may be, depending on what you're trying to do, other workarounds. In article <A190136F-F850-4C54-BD73-83707052B918@microsoft.com>, D Head <D Head@d...

Outlook2007 and ActiveSync4.5
I have MS Office Professional installed. I am getting an error when trying to sync Outlook2007 from my PC to my iPaq214 PDA. I get status message "ActiveSync encountered a problem on the desktop - Support code 85010014". Searching Google suggests the problem lies with Outlook, which should be re-installed. Does anyone have any experience of this? When I go through Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs, it does not seem to be possible selectively to uninstall/re-install individual applications. How can I uninstall Outlook2007 and reinstall it without uninstalling th...