Gift Cards Implementation

Hi.
I need advice on how to travel here please. I have 10 stores and an HQ
setup. I want to implement a gift card that is barcoded.
Here is what I envision:

1) All barcodes of giftcards are in the system and they have a dollar value
against them.
2) Gift card is then scanned and made active somehow at the POS ??????
(How?)
3) Money received goes to a common enterprise account and z-report is
modified to remove reporting of gift cards as this money does NOT belong to
the store.
4) Profit Margin report is reworked to remove seeing sales of gift cards as
the sale will stuff up the profit margin
5) Customer redeems the gift card at one of the stores and this is what
becomes the real sale. IE, gift card value is deducted from the sale amount
as a line item on the POS. (How do I get the system to deduct the gift card
amount?)

Your help and views in this scenario will go a long way for me. I would like
to try and avoid 3rd party add ons if possible. (The system is fragile
enough as it is).

Regards

Dan

0
danl1 (71)
6/23/2007 11:15:42 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

HI Dan,
Here are the answers to your query.

1. you can create an item in POS/RMS as Voucher and name it GC (Gift Card)
2. Then go to Serial Tab of Item and Create your already created barcode as
serial No. (click add button to add it)
3. You will not defined the pricing at this stage.
4. GO to POS and enter the item GC then the system will ask you the serial
No which is your barcode now, you can scan or manually enter the SKu #.
5. System will ask you now the price on the Gift Card enter the value
according to the card i.e 50.00, 100.00, 200.00
6. Received the money from customer by press F12 of tender screen and
perform the normal money receiving procedure.
7. Alter your reports not to capture GC sale (you can do this using notepad
and modfiy the .grp file let me know one report so I can email you the filter
criteria just giving you an example:
(select xxxx from [Transaction] Inner Join TransactionEntry
on [Transaction].TransactionNumber=TransactionEntry.TransactionNumber
Inner Join Item on TransactionEntry.Itemid=Item.ID
WHERE Item.ItemType<>9) This query can be write in more better way i just
give you an example

How to do redeem.
1. Make sure you have created the tender type "Voucher" and name it
anything, and have run the "Z" out.
1. On POS sell any item,
2. Now at the time of payment customer present you the gift card as redeem
which purchase from any store.
3. On the Tender Screen, select the tender type as Gift Card/Voucher
4. Once you select the Tender Type as Gift Card (created ealier as tender)
then it will ask you the Voucher No, scan the barcode or enter the barcode of
the gift card.
The system automatically reduce the balance, if the amount is greater than
the gift card value system give you warning and only take whatever balance in
the GC.

Hope you will like this proceudre and rate me.

"dan" wrote:

> Hi.
> I need advice on how to travel here please. I have 10 stores and an HQ
> setup. I want to implement a gift card that is barcoded.
> Here is what I envision:
>
> 1) All barcodes of giftcards are in the system and they have a dollar value
> against them.
> 2) Gift card is then scanned and made active somehow at the POS ??????
> (How?)
> 3) Money received goes to a common enterprise account and z-report is
> modified to remove reporting of gift cards as this money does NOT belong to
> the store.
> 4) Profit Margin report is reworked to remove seeing sales of gift cards as
> the sale will stuff up the profit margin
> 5) Customer redeems the gift card at one of the stores and this is what
> becomes the real sale. IE, gift card value is deducted from the sale amount
> as a line item on the POS. (How do I get the system to deduct the gift card
> amount?)
>
> Your help and views in this scenario will go a long way for me. I would like
> to try and avoid 3rd party add ons if possible. (The system is fragile
> enough as it is).
>
> Regards
>
> Dan

0
AkberAlwani (916)
6/24/2007 4:49:00 AM
Hi Akber,
Thanks for this. I will give it a go and post the result.
BTW, does the voucher that I create below go from HQ to all stores so all
stores know that this particular gift card/voucher has been (or not)
allocated and also when the card has been redeemed so it does not get
redeemed twice?
Cheers
Dan

"Akber Alwani" <AkberAlwani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> (How?)
>> 3) Money received goes to a common enterprise account and z-report is
>> modified to remove reporting of gift cards as this money does NOT belong
>> the store.
>> 4) Profit Margin report is reworked to remove seeing sales of gift cards
>> as
>> the sale will stuff up the profit margin
>> 5) Customer redeems the gift card at one of the stores and this is what
>> becomes the real sale. IE, gift card value is deducted from the sale
>> amount
>> as a line item on the POS. (How do I get the system to deduct the gift
>> card
>> amount?)
>>
>> Your help and views in this scenario will go a long way for me. I would
>> like
>> to try and avoid 3rd party add ons if possible. (The system is fragile

0
danl1 (71)
6/24/2007 10:00:39 PM
No, it doesn't.  You can't do multi-location vouchers without an Add-in.
  Retail Realm has an add-in to enable global vouchers and there may be
others out there as well.  Personally, I think a gift card solution run
through an external provider like Mercury Payments or GiveX is a better
solution.

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

dan wrote:
> [...]
>>> (How?)
>>> 3) Money received goes to a common enterprise account and z-report is
>>> modified to remove reporting of gift cards as this money does NOT belong
>>> the store.
>>> 4) Profit Margin report is reworked to remove seeing sales of gift cards
>>> as
>>> the sale will stuff up the profit margin
>>> 5) Customer redeems the gift card at one of the stores and this is what
>>> becomes the real sale. IE, gift card value is deducted from the sale
>>> amount
>>> as a line item on the POS. (How do I get the system to deduct the gift
>>> card
>>> amount?)
>>>
>>> Your help and views in this scenario will go a long way for me. I would
>>> like
>>> to try and avoid 3rd party add ons if possible. (The system is fragile

0
glenn9672 (1267)

Creating a Greeting Card in Office 2008
Hi there, I was hoping to find a template for creating a greeting card in Word 2008. Does such a thing exist and where could I download one from? Thanks! Lynn On 2/7/08 5:21 PM, in article C3D118D4.F984%manxcatq@mac.com, "Lynn Quinlan" <manxcatq@mac.com> wrote: > > I was hoping to find a template for creating a greeting card in Word 2008. > Does such a thing exist and where could I download one from? I use Apple Mail when I want to send a specialized message. Check it out. -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page &l...

More Debit Card Processing Questions with a non-preferred provider
Looking through the bones of all the debit card processing questions, I would like to ask this question again. I am using First Data as my processor and PC-Charge as the interface to them. Is there any way to setup RMS to process debit cards natively with First Data and eliminate PC-Charge? Interestingly, Wells Fargo is a preferred provider and First Data is their processor.............. Thanks...Richard Richard, Wells Fargo is on the approved list, but the official M$ info says that they use Vital/VisaNet as the processor. You might want to check again with Wells Fargo. Try this lin...

The Private box on the contact card in Windows 2003
Where can I find more information about the "Private" check box on the Contact card? In my office I share my complete contact file by exporting it as a pst file. I have personal information in some of the contact cards that I don't want to share. In that case, you are probably best served by using a separate contact folder for your Private contacts so that you can segregate them and exclude them from an import/export. And, I assume you mean "The private box on the contact card in *Outlook* 2003." --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group ...

Can't Update Capital One Credit Card Account
Has anyone had a problem updating their Capital One Credit Card account via Money within the past couple of days? I made the mistake of deleting the online services and attempting to reload them and now it is worse. I can't put them back as Money is now confusing the credit card with online banking and won't let me continue setting up an account. I have seen that post on here a few times. So frustrating!! Thanks for any help or suggestions. In microsoft.public.money, jbrown wrote: >Has anyone had a problem updating their Capital One Credit Card account via >Money wi...

gift certificates
How do I issue gift certificates to a customer and track multiple invoices against an outstanding credit balance? ...

gift certificate layout like a dollar bill #2
Trying to find a gift certificate layout like a 25 dollar bill that I can add a URL to. ...

How do I implement Outlook?
When trying to import OE address book to Outlook contacts list using import/export tab under the file tab, I get an erroe message: "Outlook not implemented." Anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Try exporting from Outlook Express and make sure both programs are open. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head-scratching, MRT in Hawaii asked this group: | When trying to import OE address book to Outlook contacts list usi...

How can I set up to show customer name on credit card receipt?
Does anyone can help me how to set up to show customer's name under customer signature area on the receipt? Please help me as soon as possible. Thank you. If you keep customer information in RMS and use the "Set Customer" function to assign a customer to the transaction, you can display the name from that information. You cannot print the name from the credit card, because RMS doesn't read nor store it. You might be able to get this functionality from a third party payment addin, such as Smart Payments from Hypercom. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibe...

with outlook 2007 errror "Not Implemented
when i use outlook 2007 and enter contact information and try to save the contact information. it gives error outlook " not implemented " I will appreciate any one helping me with this problem. I haven't seen this before, but one of the first things I'd try is clearing the forms cache in case your Contacts form is messed up. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839804 - instructions are about halfway down under "Clear the Forms cache". -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "SK" wrote: > when i use outlook 2007 and enter contact informat...

Analysis Cubes implementation
Our end users are pushing IT to implement more GP features such as Analysis Cubes along with our Business Portal and MOSS implementation. I haven't read up on Analysis Cubes much yet but what is a generous estimate in terms of research and install time? Is that just the beginning since you then need to figure out how to incorporate that data into other uses like Crystal, SQL Reporting Services or Excel pivot tables? Thanks - Steve Hi Steve If you go to https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/documentation/installationandsetupguides/gp_installguides.htm?printpage=false ...

Bleed
Hello, I need a bleed on my business card composition with 2 differents colors before I submit the work for print. I need as well guiding lines to cut properly the business cards Can somebody help me on this ? Thanks Nicolas If you are going to cut the cards yourself you would make it easier if you bought Business card stock in whatever background you like and just break it up at the micro perforations. If you are going to a comercial printer, then I am sure he can cut to dimensions and not need cut marks. -- John G. "Nicolas" <Nicolas@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Changing Pricelist GoTo on Item Card
In the Item Maintenance card there is a GoTo button on the upper right corner next to the Print button. I want to re-direct the button that opens the PriceList Maintenance Card and have it open the PriceList Inquiry instead. The reason for this is to keep users out of the actual Price List Maintenance card. I looked at modifying the form but don't see what links the PriceList card. I also tried VBA but can't add the PriceList button to VBA. So how do I redirect this? I'm on GP10 sp3 Thanks, DavidF. First time offering any advice on this newsgroup but... With your Securit...

Template to track credit card expenses and expense reports combi
In search of a template to track corporte credit card expenses and the expense reports submitted for those expenses. Or a template to track and reconcile credit card expenses and expense reports. You could create your own. Incude in Row 1 as column headers: Transaction ID Transaction Reference Transaction Date Vendor Cleared Amount Balance You might also want a column for month for sorting and subtotaling purposes. If date is in column C, in D2 for month type =month(C2) and copy down. If you do use subtotals you won't need the Balance column. HTH -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin &...

AMEX
I have 2 cards tied to my AMEX account. (3 total = Mine + wife's + Business) The correct transactions download to the correct account numbers, but the total shown for each card is still that of all three cards combined. Then, in any report, Money adds this combined total three times to generate an inaccurate total that is triple what it should be. Suggestions anyone? -- DT I have seen this too but it puts my Corp Amex in there too. Kind of skewsmy spending on travel/ent. Hope and answer comes up soon. The way I was able to seperate my Business Amex from my personal was to cre...

Downloading Credit Card Statements
Although I am a new subscriber to this newsgroup, I have used Money for many years. I have Windows XP Pro and Money 2007 Premium. Each month, I pay my credit card statement with a check. I can download my credit card statement from my credit union in .qif format, showing each transaction. I would like to be able to then use the downloaded information to assign each transaction a category and sub-category, all under the check that I wrote. Is there a procedure or FAQ that would detail the steps to accomplish this? I think it should include deleting the payment transaction and somehow ...

Customer Card | POS 2.0
We are currently using an IDtech OPOS and have developed customer cards. When trying to swipe the card in the 'Customer Number' box it gives us an error saying: 'Swiped data can't be entered in this field'. When we remove the OPOS drivers, it works but our credit cards do not work properly. When we swipe the same card in notepad it reads: 1000000383. Anyone know if this issue? Thank you This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002C_01CAB22A.E111EF60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quo...

Printing on 5" x 7" cards
I use Publisher 2002 and want to create my own Christmas cards and have some that measure 5 x 7" folded (unfolded: 10 x 7") After completing my layout I went to "Page Setup". In the "Publication Type" I had to select "Booklet" since there's no side-folded card in the "Folded Card" section. I added my page size (5x7). But on the "Printer and Paper" tab I can not select the paper size I need (7x10) - and I also don't have to put in my paper size manually, right? I'm sure there's a chance for me to print my ow...

testing smart card minidriver
when testing smart card minidriver in windows 7, got the following errors: "cmck exec Reconnect" always show that Testing through CAPI calls Submitting CSP PIN for reader \\.\DMWZ ESAFE 0\ CryptAcquireContext - CRYPT_NEWKEYSET CryptGenKey Reconnecting CryptAcquireContext - CRYPT_DELETEKEYSET CryptAcquireContext failed unexpectedly d:\5429t\testsrc\dstest\security\core\credentials\smartcard\cmck\cmck\fnreconnect.cpp Line: 264 WIN32 0x80090016 Keyset does not exist. in windows xp, it always passed. i have no idea! this is my log. in XP: /* P:608 T:3380 8-30...

Need to merge two credit cards
I lost my credit card, so the bank replaced it with one that has a new account number. I tried to "merge accounts manually" from the old account to the new one, but now my annual budget either double counts individual transactions, or if I close my old card account in Money, all of my transfers from checking to the credit card show up as an expense, instead of just a transfer between accounts. In microsoft.public.money, Steve wrote: >I lost my credit card, so the bank replaced it with one that has a new >account number. I tried to "merge accounts manually"...

Publisher 2003 Need to set business card to Avery 5371 setting
I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will print on Avery 5371 business cards Okay.........and your question is? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jonathan" <Jonathan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187615DD-9EF1-42A2-8436-78E6E6C6ACE4@microsoft.com... >I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will > print on Avery 5371 business cards Page setup, business cards, click change copies per sheet, type > .5 top, .75 side, zero gaps. Avery 5371 is a standard business card s...

Gift Card Redeem
I setup and accept the multi tender Gift Card in my store. This is the problem that I just find out. I have a $20 gift card and using it to redeem a purchase of $25, the balance is 5 dollars. Another gift card tender is pop up in order to allow me to accept another gift card. But the problem is that I use the same gift card that I already redeem above and enter 5 dollars on the second gift card tender. The RMS still accept it and processing the completed transation and print out the receipt for customer with the balance left is 15 dollars. But When I go back the jounal and check t...

Creating HR Benefit Cards From Payroll Benefits Cards
I'm doing a migration of data into Great Plains V10. I've imported the benefits from the old system into Payroll via the Integration Manager. The benefits cards for employees are fine in Payroll, but there are no cards in HR. We ran the HR Reconcile thinking that would create the cards in HR. However it did not seem to do that. Is there a way to create the HR Benefits cards for employees from the cards in Payroll? Hi Royce, A bunch of exploring questions: - When you uploaded via IM, which Payroll window did you use to integrate your source data? - Is the data that you ar...

how to copy one business card to others in template?
I'm using a template and have changed the top left card to my liking. Now I'm trying to copy it so that the others are the same but am having problems finding out how?? Very frustrating because this should be easy!!! See the macro at the end of http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "perrylic" <perrylic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC05D5E4-CE90-4903-A6D8-DCA0CA2D6A48@microsoft.com... > I'm using a template and...

Sound cards and Windows Server 2008 64bit
Hi All, I have been searching for an internal PCI Express sound card that is compatible with Windows Server 2008 64 bit. Note i don't have any PCI slots on my server board. I have not been able to source one. Is this because traditionally servers don't have sound cards attached? Has anyone had experience of successfully using a PCI Express sound card that is compatible with Vista 64 bit or Windows 7 64 Bit. Please note that the reason that I need to install a sound card is that I am running virtual machines from the server which need multimedia support? harry ...

Employee Login Barcode Card
Tried do one as a test card on a paper business card and use the scanner but could never get it to work proper. Anybody know how to do this with barcodes codes. I was using Code128B or Code128C format I believe? Dan ...