Get registered for the new community at https://community.dynamics

Within the next few weeks you will begin to see the Microsoft Dynamics
Community pages located at http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/community,
moving to a new location at https://community.dynamics.com. We are making
this move in an effort to streamline the accessibility of all Microsoft
Dynamics communities and make the user experience of interacting with
community experts and your peers much easier. The newsgroups as you see them
today will still be intact, but the web pages which you use today to access
them will be different. Plus you’ll see more streamlined content and future
functionality additions, such as networking tools!

To get a jump start on the transition, I would encourage you to register on
the new site TODAY – once you do, you can begin to interact with our
non-technical role based communities which reside there today for Finance,
Sales & Marketing, and Customer Service professionals.

--
Liz Hallen
Online Community Product Manager

lhallen (21)
6/10/2008 10:40:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_0279_01C8DBA0.6208E6E0

Liz,

Give me a NNTP option and I'll go to it, otherwise it isn't happening.

Can't up/download attachments

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w  (Stolen from DRS)
=3D=3D=3D

newsgroup reader to
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "Liz Hallen [MSFT]" <lhallen@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  Within the next few weeks you will begin to see the Microsoft Dynamics =

  Community pages located at =
http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/community,=20
  moving to a new location at https://community.dynamics.com. We are =
making=20
  this move in an effort to streamline the accessibility of all =
Microsoft=20
  Dynamics communities and make the user experience of interacting with=20
  community experts and your peers much easier. The newsgroups as you =
see them=20
  today will still be intact, but the web pages which you use today to =
access=20
  them will be different. Plus you=E2=80=99ll see more streamlined =
content and future=20
  functionality additions, such as networking tools!

  To get a jump start on the transition, I would encourage you to =
register on=20
  the new site TODAY =E2=80=93 once you do, you can begin to interact =
with our=20
  non-technical role based communities which reside there today for =
Finance,=20
  Sales & Marketing, and Customer Service professionals.=20

  --=20
  Liz Hallen
  Online Community Product Manager

  This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no =
rights.
------=_NextPart_000_0279_01C8DBA0.6208E6E0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6001.18063" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 15px"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Liz,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Give me a NNTP option and I'll go to it, =
otherwise it=20
isn't happening.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Can't up/download attachments</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Search this newsgroup -- <A=20
title=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w">http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w</A>&nbsp; =
(Stolen=20
from =
DRS)<BR>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
of=20
you are=20
Express.&nbsp;=20
on the=20
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Liz Hallen [MSFT]" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:lhallen@online.microsoft.com">lhallen@online.microsoft.com=
</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:4A9AB3BA-6FF8-4AD4-98A8-B01F73F7F761@microsoft.com">news:4A9=
AB3BA-6FF8-4AD4-98A8-B01F73F7F761@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Within=20
  the next few weeks you will begin to see the Microsoft Dynamics =
<BR>Community=20
  pages located at <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/community">http://www.microsoft=
..com/dynamics/community</A>,=20
  <BR>moving to a new location at <A=20
  =
href=3D"https://community.dynamics.com">https://community.dynamics.com</A=
>. We=20
  are making <BR>this move in an effort to streamline the accessibility =
of all=20
  Microsoft <BR>Dynamics communities and make the user experience of =
interacting=20
  with <BR>community experts and your peers much easier. The newsgroups =
as you=20
  see them <BR>today will still be intact, but the web pages which you =
use today=20
  to access <BR>them will be different. Plus you=E2=80=99ll see more =
streamlined content=20
  and future <BR>functionality additions, such as networking =
tools!<BR><BR>To=20
  get a jump start on the transition, I would encourage you to register =
on=20
  <BR>the new site TODAY =E2=80=93 once you do, you can begin to =
interact with our=20
  <BR>non-technical role based communities which reside there today for =
Finance,=20
  <BR>Sales &amp; Marketing, and Customer Service professionals. =
<BR><BR>--=20
  <BR>Liz Hallen<BR>Online Community Product Manager<BR><BR>This posting =
is=20
  provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no=20
rights.</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0279_01C8DBA0.6208E6E0--

0
cptsoft (1248)
7/2/2008 12:32:06 AM
Hi Jeff - as I said in my initial post, we are NOT removing the newsgroups at
this point. So NNTP still exists. We have completed the migration of the
community pages - however, you'll notice that we didn't change anything on
the newsgroup front. Hopefully you are still satisfied with this solution.

Thanks,
Liz

"Jeff @ Check Point Software" wrote:

> Liz,
>
> Give me a NNTP option and I'll go to it, otherwise it isn't happening.
>
> Can't up/download attachments
>
> --
>
> Jeff
> Check Point Software
>
> Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w  (Stolen from DRS)
>
> You must be using Outlook Express/Windows Mail or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment(s).  If you are not using a reader, follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>

>   "Liz Hallen [MSFT]" <lhallen@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A9AB3BA-6FF8-4AD4-98A8-B01F73F7F761@microsoft.com...
>   Within the next few weeks you will begin to see the Microsoft Dynamics
>   Community pages located at http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/community,
>   moving to a new location at https://community.dynamics.com. We are making
>   this move in an effort to streamline the accessibility of all Microsoft
>   Dynamics communities and make the user experience of interacting with
>   community experts and your peers much easier. The newsgroups as you see them
>   today will still be intact, but the web pages which you use today to access
>   them will be different. Plus you’ll see more streamlined content and future
>   functionality additions, such as networking tools!
>
>   To get a jump start on the transition, I would encourage you to register on
>   the new site TODAY – once you do, you can begin to interact with our
>   non-technical role based communities which reside there today for Finance,
>   Sales & Marketing, and Customer Service professionals.
>
>   --
>   Liz Hallen
>   Online Community Product Manager
>
>   This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights

How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003?
Hi, How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003? Many thanks, aushknotes "aushknotes" <aushknotes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:508426F2-1C8A-4AD2-A52E-B80B9798AC0C@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003? > Prefix @ to the name of the attribute value. XmlAttribute attrib = (XmlAttribute)dom.selectSingleNode("/path/@attributeName"); -- Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET aushknotes wrote: > How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003? ...

Getting rid of #value
How am I able to add a column of numbers when one of the numbers in the formula is itself a formula that results in #VALUE (because that number the product of zero times another number)? Thanks First, the product of zero and another number shouldn't be giving you #VALUE!. Your best bet is to fix or bypass whatever is causing the #VALUE! error. If you can't do that for some reason, array-enter (CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER or CMD-RETURN): =SUM(IF(ISERROR(A1:A20),"",A1:A20)) In article <_e6dnZvUCo7b1mHdRVn-sw@comcast.com>, "Craig" <jcstone1@comcast.net>...

Error when adding new user to CRM
Hello all, I need to add 5 new users into CRM. When I complete the first form for the user information such as Last name, First name, email address, etc, then click the save button I receive an error page and the following message is logged in the Application log. MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: The statement has been terminated. Error Message: The statement has been terminated. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not avail...

SBS Exchange 2003: Create new user in AD but no exchange mailbox #3
I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. When I create a new user using Active Directory, it prompts me about creating a mail box. It says it's creating a mailbox, then it's done. But no mailbox appears. In fact, if I use the Exchange tasks wizard, I can create, delete, and recreate the mailbox--all say successful without an error message. And yet, no mailbox. This is even after I reboot the PC and sent email to the address. Any ideas what's going on? mike.aes@gmail.com wrote: > I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. > > When I create a new user ...

how can I get the total hrs of a delay when it is greater than 24
I work for an airline and sometimes I need to know the total hours of a delay, and when the delay is greater than 24 hours. In my report I hav something like this: arrival time in colum A departure time colum B result in colum C 10/23/09 21:00 10/24/09 23:00 2:00 and really the delay was of 26 hours. How can I obtain this? I already set up my Tools-Options-Canculation to 1904 date system Format Custom as [h]:mm No need to use 1904 date system -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "El Ixmahana" <ElIxmahana...

If my GP Dynamics support CPA's new cheque standard
Hi; I am using GP Dynamics 8.0 in Canada, we have Payable Management module installed. How can I know if my current version support the CPA's new cheque standard? The CPA's new cheque standard will be launched in July 2007. -- Kane Kane, Support for the new cheque format has nothing to do with the Payables module. Rather, it is a function of modifications or changes to the report that produces your cheque. Lyle On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 10:06:01 -0700, Kane <Kane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi; > >I am using GP Dynamics 8.0 in Canada, we have Payable Managem...

HTTPS over RPC
HI all I am trying to setup https over rpc on 2003 so our remote users can connect to exchange. When seting up outlook 2003 the popup box asks for user name and password to verify user but never gets any further. This is the document I have followed http://www.petri.co.il/configure_rpc_over_https_on_a_single_server.htm Anyone have any ideas where I can check. I have created an ssl cert using our own ca for testing Cheers Glenn On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 19:17:08 -0000, "Glenn Clark" <glenn.clark@NOSPAM.btinternet.com> wrote: >HI all > >I am trying to setup https o...

Does the New Worth Report have a fault
When I calculate my new worth in MS Money 2000 (old version I know) it adds my assets and liabilities instead of subtracting them. For example, if my savings, checking, investments total $10,000.00 and my liabilities total $5000.00, MS Money calculates my net worth as $15,000.00. Shouldn't my net worth be $5,000.00? Shouldn't it subtract my liabilities instead of add them? Please let me know if there is a glich in the software and how I can fix it. Also please let me know if I am financially inept. Thanks, -k In your example, the net worth should be $5,000.00. You may hav...

Migrating data from ACT to CRM (how to get at act! data)
I intend on using the DMF to migrate data to CRM. The question I have is how do I get at the underlying database that ACT uses. I see the MS excel file for ACT has table and field mappings but I need to do some specialized SQL. I can't seem to figure out though how to get into the SQL database where the ACT information is stored. How do I log into that database? Thanks! -Elie From my days working with ACT, I thought the databse was built around Microsoft Access. If indeed the databas is SQL then you should be able to get your SQL DBA to grant you access to the SQL Database. -- Rgds...

When opening Excel get File Not Found error
When I open Excel for the first time, I get an error that says "Microsoft Visual Basic" in the title bar and then it says "File Not Found" I am not sure what is causing this. Any ideas? Thanks! Try opening excel in save mode excel.exe /s if you don't get the prompt, then it is probably related to a bad addin you have selected in tools=>addins or a workbook in your xlstart subdirectory. (try moving any files found there). You can then start adding things back until you find the file causing the problem. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Andy" <anonymou...

How do you replace old data with new data without creating a new .
I have existing pivot tables and I want to replace the data source worksheet with new data and the pivot tables update with the new information. I have replace the data source but the pivot tables didn't update. Hit the "Refresh Data" in the pivot table toolbar (looks like an exclamation point) -- Regards, Dave "Dena" wrote: > I have existing pivot tables and I want to replace the data source worksheet > with new data and the pivot tables update with the new information. I have > replace the data source but the pivot tables didn't update. So...

Getting information from strings
Hi, I have created a database which takes the audit history of tickets, and stores it in a memo field. I have some code which will examine this field to find the first team that a ticket was assigned to, however I have a requirement to build an "assignment history". This history should consist of each team in turn that the ticket was assigned to, which will be output to a text file (I have written code for outputting to the file). I have tried using left$ and right$ to no avail, so any advice I could get would be great. For information, every time a ticket is assigned, an ...

ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI handler does not get called
Hello, For some reason, my ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI handler does not get called. I am using the usual syntax: in the .cpp file: ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI(ID_EDIT_CLEAR, OnUpdateEditClear) void CDrawView::OnUpdateEditClear(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { pCmdUI->Enable(!m_selection.IsEmpty()); } in the .h file: afx_msg void OnUpdateEditClear(CCmdUI* pCmdUI); The other handlers (for example for ID_EDIT_CUT) work normally Thanks for advice Vaclav "Vaclav" <vjedlicka@atlas.cz> wrote in message news:u5Wc3LKJIHA.2480@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > For some reason, my ON_UPDATE_...

try out of new e-mail
Hi, Mike, Please let me know if you get this e-mail. Thanks, Mom Hello, I did get this email. But you also sent it to a public news group! -- http://www.ready4mainstream.ny911truth.org/index.html "Helene Meyer" wrote: > Hi, Mike, > > Please let me know if you get this e-mail. Thanks, Mom > ...

ActiveSync does not sync new mail without intervention
I have a SBS2003 with Exchange 2003 SP2. The computer is behind a Watchguard firewall. ISA is not running. OWA & OMA both work fine via https from either mobile devices or computers. From Windows Mobile 5 works fine if in cradle (I'm assuming that activesync notes & tasks syncing keeps outlook open) but if remote Initial sync - works fine Send mail - works fine read mail messages - works fine sync'd message deleted - works fine new mail - only works if mail already read Activesync shows that it has synchronized all items without error but new messages do not sync! If a ...

Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'Bat
During Edit Checks, we get the following message: Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'Batch_Headers' could not find a record. Then we get this message: This transaction was recovered during normal processing. You may continue processing this transaction. Any suggestions? You might want to run Check Links on payables. Before doing this, make sure you have a backup of your dynamics and company databases. Brenner -- www.KlenzmanConsulting.com "GPI" wrote: > During Edit Checks, we get the following message: > > Unhandled databas...

adding holidays to a new calendar
I have set up a new calendar that I want to share with my department and I'm trying to add legal holidays which were already on my personal calendar. Even though I'm viewing the new calendar, the holidays got added to the personal calendar. I tried deleting all the holidays and then, with both calendars open, putting the holidays back in, but again they were added only to the personal calendar. Anyone know what to do? Add them to the personal calendar and copy (or move) them to the other calendar. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-t...

How to get rid of unwanted entries in the Outlook CRM tree view
Hello, If you use the crm outlook client you can easily create a new entry in the tree view of Microsoft CRM. But it how can you remove this entry again? Only by re-installing CRM? Thanks, Alex Are you talking for CRM 3, Humm, that actually sounds like a bug in outlook. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Alex (crm-resultants.nl)" wrote: > Hello, > > If you use the crm outlook client you can easily create a new entry in the > tree view of Microsof...

.OST full (2 GB) during POP collection = all new mail lost?
The subject says it all... Outlook 2003 in Cached Exchange Mode (non-Unicode, i.e. inheriting old 2 GB limit) on Windows XP. Was working offline, collecting two days of POP3 mail, and at the end of the collection I got the error message saying that the .ost file had reached the size limit... Very stupidly, Outlook 2003 (!!!) _deleted_ all mail from the POP3 server before making sure that the same had been stored properly, so it appears to be all lost now? Just out of curiosity, where did Outlook write this data as it was being collected? Was it being appended to the .ost file? I tried ...

Dialog getting hidden under HELP file
HI all, In my application I have a dialog & I launch HELP file from that dialog using F1 key. After that If I move the help file to one corner so that a part of the dialog is visible & click on the dialog & move it,it is moving,but when it comes over the HELP file,it is not overlapping but getting hidden under that. can anybody tell me what should I do to make it overlap the help file or give me a link that can help. Thanks in advance. Yes, that's how it is supposed to work. Help is a completely separate program, so its relationship to windows in ...

Cant see Default Public Folders on New 2003 Exchange
Hi We have recently installed a new W2003 Exchange 2003 server into our domain. The domain already had an Exchange 2000 server installed. The default public folders on the Exchange 2000 machine can be seen under ESM and by Outlook clients. We have created an additional new public folder store on the new 2003 server, however, the default Public folders on the new 2003 server cant be seen by mapi clients ie Outlook. Additionally any folder created under the Public Folder tree on the 2003 server under Folders does not appear under the First Storage Group > Public Folder Store > Public Fol...

Moving Exchange DB's to a new server (different name)
In a DR test, we moved SG's to a new server, different server name, same SG and MS name. MS mounts, can not connect to mailbox. Delete mailbox, create a new one, we can then connect. Delete this mailbox, reconnect to the original, and now we can connect. How can we accomplish this in bulk? In other words, after doing a system state restore of AD, then a system state of Exchange, restored MS file, mounted, etc. We were unable to connect to these mailboxes. I am assuming this is related to GUID's. Any thoughts? Users in AD specify a server by name. When you say that you move mailbo...

New computer, outlook locking up
Hello, My boss was having alot of problems with an old 1.5GHz HP laptop, so he asked me to find a new one for a good price. The best price range I found was the $700 dollar range (best bang for the buck). He got a Dell 2.3GHz P4 Dual core, 3GB RAM, 500GB HD, Windows 7 Home premium. Now what sucks is that after importing all his old emails into outlook, everytime it goes into send/receive, outlook freezes for a little bit. I was told earlier that my method for importing emails (just replacing the PST, rather than Data>open) was not good practice, but could that be causing these pro...

Outlook 2007-exchange issue..inbox doesn't show new mails when offline!
Hi I have outlook 2007 (Beta 2) installed and I connect to my office exchange server(2003) as well. Incoming mails from internet get routed to my local pst. Mails from exchange server keep sitting in my exchange mailbox-inbox, which I manually copy to my pst inbox (as is a known issue with Beta 2). Yesterday, for the first time I downloaded mails from home. Outlook downloaded all mails and the unread mail count increased....however, it just wouldn't show the new mails received. All it showed was my earlier mails downloaded while I was still connected to exchange server. Now I came to wo...

getting hwnd from activex
Hi to everybody! I'm getting following problem: I have written activex control using atl. Then i have inserted it into mfc application. When I’m trying to implement com class to interfere with control, the wizard crashes, so I have changed the control so, that is returns its interface pointer on specific message. But now I’m getting following problem: when i'm trying to get hwnd of my control, GetDlgItem() always returns NULL. Is there any way to get HWND from active x control? "menkaur" <menkaur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<73BEF4A6-E389...