function keys

Hello,
Is there a site where I can get a recap of RMS function keys?
0
Newbie (61)
7/26/2006 9:39:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Not that I know of, but F1 - Help is a really good place to start!

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

newbie wrote:
> Hello,
> Is there a site where I can get a recap of RMS function keys?
0
glenn9672 (1267)

------=_NextPart_000_02DF_01C6B6FC.B3481FA0

newbie,

POS | F1 Help | type function keys in the index tab | double click and =
select summary

--=20
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader =
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, =
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

  "newbie" <newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  Hello,
  Is there a site where I can get a recap of RMS function keys?
------=_NextPart_000_02DF_01C6B6FC.B3481FA0

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>newbie,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>POS | F1 Help | type function keys in the =
index=20
tab&nbsp;| double click and select summary</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>*<BR>Get Secure! - <A=20
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader=20
to<BR>see and download the file attachment.&nbsp; If you are not using a =
reader,=20
follow<BR>the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click on "Open =
with=20
newsreader"<BR>under the MS Retail Management System on the right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A =
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz">http://tinyurl.com/75bgz</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>**********<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"newbie" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:newbie@discussions.microsoft.com">newbie@discussions.micro=
soft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:42837BB3-F460-4452-B345-7003D170AC98@microsoft.com">news:428=
37BB3-F460-4452-B345-7003D170AC98@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Hello,<BR>Is =

  there a site where I can get a recap of RMS function=20
keys?</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_02DF_01C6B6FC.B3481FA0--

0
spam3944 (2163)

Search Function with queries
Hi guys, new user to access 2000 and i am trying to create a search query that will allow me to enter in a value and return that value. The part i am having trouble with is i need to do this for many fields and if i use the method i came up with, when i leave a entry empty using the "AND" function i get nothing and when i use the "OR" function i get all the values for both. maybe you guys can help me get in the right direction. this is the command i am using in SQL: SELECT [Chain Machine prod Machine list].Description, [Chain Machine prod Machine list]...

Customer Statement - Footer summary
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- 7/1/2005 11:34:00 AM CDT -- Stephanie Drilling Can you asssit with a report modification issue? (8248456) We are working on the User Defined Statement format. We have national accounts Cash is applied at the parent account level We wanted a statement that provides a detail of the items by child account with subtotal, then in the report footer, a summary of child account with balance. We can get everything but the footer to do what we want. I have enclosed screen prints and the package file of the report. Any i...

Nz function in query
Hi All, the query below shows an error if any of the date in / date out entries in the table are empty. How can i impiment the Nz function to stop this. SQL from query... SELECT Employees.[First Name], Employees.[Last Name], Format([Normal start Time],"h:nn AMPM") AS ['Normal Start Time], Format([Normal End Time],"h:nn AMPM") AS ['Normal End Time], Format([scan time in],"h:nn AMPM") AS ['Scan Time In], Format([scan time Out],"h:mm AMPM") AS ['Scan Time Out], Format( [Scan Date In],"dddd dd,mm,yyyy") AS ['Scan Date ...

in access databse the function date() returns #name
i have created an access data base at access 2003 profisonal and used the function date() it worked properly . but when i have coped my data base at another computer at the same office , the funtion retuned (name#) aW4gQWNjZXNzOyB0aGUgRGF0ZSBmdW5jdGlvbiBkb2Vzbid0IHdvcmsgc29tZXRpbWVzLgoKaXQgd29ya3MgYWxsIHRoZSB0aW1lIGluIFNRTCBTZXJ2ZXI7IGJ1dCB5b3UndmUgZ290IHRvIGNhbGwgaXQKR0VUREFURSgpCgoKCk9uIE1hciA3LCAxMToyNMKgcG0sINmF2K3ZhdivINiq2KfYrCDYp9mE2KPYtdmB2YrYp9ihINin2YTYqNiu2YrYqiDZhdit2YXYryDYp9mE2LPZitivCjxAZGlzY3Vzc2lvbnMubWljcm9zb2Z0LmNvbT4gd3JvdGU6Cj4gaSBoYXZlIGNyZWF0ZWQgYW4gYWNjZXNzIGRhdGEgYmFzZ...

Using the "Enter" key
I've been using Money since...well forever, and do just basic tasks. However, I just bought a new PC w/Money 2005 OEM installed. The one, and most annoying, quirk for me is that in all previous versions you had the option to use the "enter" key to move between fields in the transaction form. Does anyone know if this has been disabled in 2005? Is there a way to get this function back? Thanks Steve P. In microsoft.public.money, devious7120 wrote: >I've been using Money since...well forever, and do just basic tasks. >However, I just bought a new PC w/Money 200...

if function only lets me do 8 ifs
ok here is my scenario.... i want to make a drop down menu for all of my material on an estimate sheet... if i click on one of the materials on the menu i want the 4 columns of info that are related to that product to appear where my drop down is .. ie... material, price, price with tax, price per square foot... some other people tried to help me witht his earlier but one way didnt really apply to me and the other was too advanced for me to understand so i tried this using the if function and i got something like this.. first i made a table on the same sheet with all the 4 columns lets say...

Cannot create a key uder HKEY_USERS !
Hi, I want to make a new key under HKEY_USERS. I use RegCreateKeyEx(HKEY_USERS, "Test\\SOFTWARE", 0, NULL, REG_OPTION_NON_VOLATILE, KEY_ALL_ACCESS, NULL, &hKey, &dw); However the function always returns - "The parameter is incorrect." . If I change HKEY_USERS to HKEY_CURRENT_USER the key gets created. I can not add a new key under HKEY_USERS even when I use Regedit.exe . I am testing on a Windows XP professional PC . Can anyone tell me what is wrong? Thanks! HKEY_USERS is restricted to Admins and the OS. I'm betting you do not have sufficient privileg...

Public Function to display in text box
Have public function (loaded in the global module) that produces a variable as a double. That all works fine as evidenced by the debug.print method in the immediate window. I desire to have the current value of the variable displayed in a text box. I created a callback function (loaded in global module) that looks like: Public Function GetCurrentWork_GPCI() As Double Dim CurrentWork_GPCI As Double GetCurrentWork_GPCI = CurrentWork_GPCI End Function I can't figure out how to make it display; I've currently got the control source property ...

Doubt regarding the usage of ALT key with shortcuts
Hi all, I am new to VC++.In my application i am using two buttons and they have shortcut keys ( consider 'A' as shortcut for "&advanced" button) . The problem is I am able to operate on the button directly using the key 'A' without need to ALT + 'A'.. can anybody tell me what should i do make the shortcut key for the button work only for ALT +'A' and by not pressing just 'A'. Thanks in advance I think that's how buttons have always worked on Windows and it allows people to choose things like "Yes" or "No"...

PRODUCT KEY 04-05-10
I've just purchased this hp and the cd that was provided to me with the product key sticker on front does not work. I was under the impression that there would be some type of trial period that would allow me to use the product to determine if I want it or not. I am unable to open any documents in word on my cpu because this software has somehow locked me out of my papers for school. I can't edit copy or even view the docs w/o the product key. The product key provided is 7X4P3 Q24MX KHRKH R6CX2 G76Y4 it clearly doesn't work rather it is in lower case or upper case for...

control a sub/function via a dropdown menu
Hello, I have a dropdown menu on a chart. What must I do to control a sub/function depending on the selection of the dropdown menu. To make it clear .. every time I make a selection on the dropdown menu a function should be executed. Hope somebody can help me! Thanks in advance! daMike Mike - The dropdown is a Forms Toolbar dropdown, so you can right click on it to assign a macro. Also, you can link it to a cell, and the cell holds the index of the selected item. So your macro can check the index, then perform the appropriate actions. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP h...

Databound form understanding problem (how to set foreign keys automatically to new foreign entries)?
Hi, I have a typical windows form (not a grid) and like to populate a foreign key automatically on a newly created entry. I have solved this by filling the new foreign data when the id field gets changed, has a valid key value and the foreign field is empty. But it takes very long time until I get the id of the newly created TableX from dataContext. Also the form gets refreshed and does not again display the lastly created TableX entry. public void Fill() { this.tableyTableAdapter.Fill(this.MyDataSet.TableY); this.tableXTableAdapter.Fi...

Separators in Cross Functional Diagrams
I created a swim diagram and added a fill. How do I keep the separators in front? I sent the band to the back, brought the separators forward, and it looks great until I close the document and reopen. Then, the separators don't show up. I changed the translucency of the fill to be able to see them, but I'd like to have them in front. ...

Excel VBA functions
I have learned how to make my own Yield function by writing the code in the VBE window. However, it is saved in my personal macro workbook and everytime I want to use it, I have to type out PERSONAL.MYield.MYield ([arguments]). Is there a way to make it so that I can just type MYield([arguments])? Bonus - Is there another, more user friendly way to make your own functions in Excel? Hi Mokey Check your personal.xls in the VBA editor Tools>References You don't have to type the filename then -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Mokey...

Functions in charts
Is is possible to use functions within charts (for example, if the chart title changes based on the value in a cell)? That way, if the chart data changes, the title also changes to reflect that. Any ideas? On Mar 15, 5:17 pm, "Matt" <MLThorn...@gmail.com> wrote: > Is is possible to use functions within charts (for example, if the > chart title changes based on the value in a cell)? That way, if the > chart data changes, the title also changes to reflect that. > Any ideas? Yes it is. Full instructions are at <a href="http:// office.microsoft.com/en-gb/e...

array function
I'm having trouble making an array. When do you press ctrl-alt-enter -- cutsygur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cutsygurl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38390 when you edit the formula, you normally exit edit mode by selecting another cell or hitting Enter. At this point, you should hit Ctrl+SHIFT+enter instead. (SHIFT, not ALT) -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "cutsygurl" <cutsygurl.1rhxmf_1120230340.4504@excelforum-...

What is the function of the MSCREATE.DIR
What is the function of the MSCREATE.DIRs in Office Pro 97? Jack It creates directories during the installation process. "Jack B" <jslimp01nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:%23XbySLS8KHA.3516@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > What is the function of the MSCREATE.DIRs in Office Pro 97? > > > Jack > > You need to read about it yourself here: <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/132978> If you still have any problems then please do not hesitate to come back! hth Jack B wrote: > > What is the function of ...

Re: Other functions don't work now. Help
Arvi; I tried what you have below and now I am getting a #VALUE in colums A & B. Steve > "Arvi Laanemets" <garbage@hot.ee> wrote in message > news:uBPRixxsDHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > > Hi > > > > > > > =IF(OR(G1="",ISERROR(SEARCH("risking",$G1))),"",VALUE(MID(G1,SEARCH("risking > > ",$G1)+8,SEARCH("to win",$G1)-SEARCH("risking",$G1)-8))) > > =VALUE(LEFT(K1,FIND(" ",K1))) > > =IF(G1="","",VALUE(MID(G1,SEARCH("to win&qu...

excel function to get tab name
On the first tab in my worksheet, I have several cells in a colum in which the cell reference returns the value of cell A1 from the subsequent tabs. For example, the workbook has 10 tabs named Tab1, Tab2...Tab10, and in Tab1, the formula in cell A2 is "=Tab2!A1", and the formula in cell A3 is "=Tab3!A1"....cell A10 is "Tab10!A1". Sometimes, I will add and delete these subsequent tabs (Tab2 through Tab10) and then have to manually re-link the references to A1 on each of these tabs back to the column on Tab1. Is there some way to do this with a relative r...

Function for add different values
I need one function that adds values that are not equal. Like this: 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 I need a formula that will go to add value 3+4+5. Only different numbers between itself. Which are my options? Please refrain from multiposting, you got at least one answer already in the worksheet functions ng -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com <douglasracaixeta@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1146597978.225731.85640@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I need one function that adds values that are not equal. > > Like this: > 3 > 3 > 3 > 4 > 4 > 5 >...

Import external data function
What is the earliest version of Excel that includes the function to import external from an Oracle database? Hi Michael, > What is the earliest version of Excel that includes the function to import > external from an Oracle database? Excel 4, I think, though each version since has done it slightly differently. Excel 4 used the =SQL.REQUEST function, Excel 5 and 95 used a separate addin (via MSQuery) and Excel 97 introduced QueryTables. Regards Stephen Bullen Microsoft MVP - Excel www.oaltd.co.uk ...

Using Alt-key in MFC app
I am creating a cad-program which must simulate the user interface of another program. This means that I need to be able to use Alt-key combinations, like alt-leftmouse and mousemove and such. Default key handling forces the alt key to be used with menu only. Is there a way to work around this safely? Yours, Morten Aune Lyrstad Never mind; got it! Just needed to find GetAsyncKeyState(VK_MENU)! Use GetKeyState instead. "Morten Aune Lyrstad" <too@much.spam> wrote in message news:fBgHc.13$Rb.7643@juliett.dax.net... > Never mind; got it! Just needed to find GetAsyncKeySt...

Using xlDown as a function?
I'd like to append data to the bottom of an existing spreadsheet, I have a macro that will import the data, I just need to know where to paste it. Can I use something like (((Selection.End(xlDown))+1).Select to select the row below the bottom? John KBS I like to pick a column that always has data and do this: dim DestCell as range with worksheets("sheet1") set destcell = .cells(.rows.count,"A").end(xlup).offset(1,0) end with somethingthatyouneed.copy _ destination:=destcell John Sutton wrote: > > I'd like to append data to the bottom of an existing ...

Is there an interpolation-function in Excel to read a chart more .
Your question appears to be incomplete. It is usually best to elaborate in the body of your post. The worksheet functions FORECAST(), TREND(), and GROWTH() can be used to interpolate linear, multiple linear (including polynomial) and exponential regressions. Jerry ...

detection of key "esc"
Hello, I'm rather new in MFC so don't mind :) (I didn't know what to look for on groups and forums). My problem is like this: In existing MFC application I have added a new button on toolbar: By pressing that button normal view is changed to full screen. In fullscreen mode smaller button appears and by pressing that button you can make transition to normal mode. I want to get rid of the small button in the fullscreen mode because it's eyesore (instead of it to use "escape" button on the keyboard). I thought it will be easy but it isn't or I can not find the answe...