Function Keys and RMS POS screen

Hi all

I wonder is there a way to reconfigure the Function keys in the POS screen

For example instead of F1 being displaying  Help screen, I want to make it
to reprint last receipt or some other function.

Does anyone want to show your pretty customized POS screen ??
I want to get and idea how people's POS screen looks like

Thank you
Regards,
Joie

0
joie (60)
12/6/2008 5:27:28 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Joie,
There is not built-in way to make this happen, but we have made this work
for other customers in the past.  Due to the nature of the program though,
this is nothing we have a commercial application for, and would have to make
something custom.  Please let me know if you are interested.

--
Thank you,
Ryan Sakry

"Joie" <Joie.hadi.nata.tan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I wonder is there a way to reconfigure the Function keys in the POS screen
>
> For example instead of F1 being displaying  Help screen, I want to make it
> to reprint last receipt or some other function.
>

> Does anyone want to show your pretty customized POS screen ??
> I want to get and idea how people's POS screen looks like
>
> Thank you
> Regards,
> Joie

0
rsakry (322)

Time functions #2
Hi, I have to do some time calculations and I have a formula that outputs in minutes and I have to subtract a standard time to this number of minutes. For example, I have 8:00 AM in one cell and 20.68 minutes on an other cell. The output that I am expecting is 7:39 AM. Does anybody know how to bring an output like that by subtracting the minutes? Please help. Thanks With 8:00 AM in A1 and 20.68 in B1, use this formula =A1-B1/(24*60) Why does it work? Because Excel stores time as a fraction of a day. We convert minutes to days by dividing by 24*60 (24 hr/day and 60 min/hr) You could just u...

To type I need to depress keys for twice as long as usual. Why?
Having inadvertently depressed a "shift" key for longer than 6 seconds, I have created a problem with typing. To type I need to depress the keys for about twice as long as usual, with an associated sound as well. I can temporarily correct this by depressing the shift key again for longer than 6 seconds but I need to make the correction more permanent. How do I do this? This is a Windows thing, not specifically Word. Go to Start menu > Control Panel > Accessibility Options (or in Vista or Windows 7, Ease of Access Center). Turn off Filter Keys. To prevent it from ...

Adding functionality to MS Outlook Express
Hi, I am looking for help to integrate anti-spam open source programs with MS Outlook Express :- - SpamPal - http://www.spampal.org/ - Spamato - http://www.spamato.net/ The problem is to provide a library that will facilitate this. I have read the MSDN Messaging and Collaboration documentation which gives the ability to get notifications of new messages and to access message folders :- http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ms709546.aspx The next need is to add a toolbar (with buttons for SPAM/NOSPAM) and to detect what messages are selected in the message window. The MSOE...

Inserted rows, now need Counta function
Hi I've got a data dump. I've figured out how to insert a blank row after a change in name in column A and insert "Total" - so... bill.... bill.... bill Total - bob.... bob.... bob.... bob Total - What I need in column C next to total is to insert the COUNTA function for each person. Any ideas? cheers You say your code inserts a blank row after a change in name and inserts "Total", but your example doesn't show this. Can you post the code you are using to do your "insert"? It will probably be easier to handle the ...

How do I get a split screen for mail and calendar in Outlook?
You used to be able to have your calendar on the right and email in the middle on a split screen. I can't find that option anymore and am wondering if it still exists and if so, where. I don't want to have to toggle between email and calendar. Any suggestions? Outlook 2007 - on the to do bar on far right click the "<<" at the top. Opens the To Do bar with calendar that has days with appointments hilited and upcoming appointments listed below calendar. "rakugirl2001" <rakugirl2001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A5...

If Function Possibilities
Is there a way to set up in a cell A1, something like... If the formula used in cell B1 is "here I would type the actual formula in," then display the words "works," else display "mistake" ? -- rheller ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rheller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24081 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=377045 That's a pretty cryptic post. Do you mean: In A1: =IF(B1=n,"Works","Mistake") where 'n...

Writing Access functions
I am an old FoxPro programmer (but have been out of programming for many years) and I have been through the Access basics that I have been able to find on line. So I can create tables, forms enter data the basics. I am learning VBA no problem there. Now I want to write some functions. I would like to write one function that is passed an ID and returns the last name of the person having that ID. I would like to write this function in two ways: 1. Connect to a table in my DB find the ID and return the name 2. Have the function perform a query that returns a record set from which t...

reading file name from folder function
I am using Access 97. Just wonder if there is a fuction which can read all the file name from a folder and put it to a column in a table. Please let me know. Thanks. Hi. >I am using Access 97. Just wonder if there is a fuction which can read all >the file name from a folder and put it to a column in a table. Please see the getFileInfo( ) function in the tip, "How to compare the contents of two directories," on the following Web page for an example: http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/vba1.html HTH. Gunny See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs. See http...

Function Keys in Excel
Can someone please tell me what the F2 key does in Excel 2000? I have a column of data which has been copied from Access 2000 into an Excel 2000 sheet. It is numeric data and when I use the "Countif" function on this data, it doesn't calculate. However, if I press the "F2" function key in any of the cells, something happens to the data so that the "countif" function recoginises it. Can anyone explain what is happening here? Thank you. -- LPS F2 allows you to edit directly in the cell, do you have calculations set to automatic under tools>calcul...

faq: type of CArray as function parameter create errors
Hi, class CMyPoint { public: long x; long y; CArray<int,int&> m_intSegmentNo; CMyPoint(); virtual ~CMyPoint(); CMyPoint(const long &xx, const long &yy); CMyPoint(const CMyPoint &cmpt); CMyPoint(const CPoint &cpt); CMyPoint& operator = (const CMyPoint &assmypt); CMyPoint& operator = (const CPoint &asspt); bool operator == (const CMyPoint &rmypt);//const CMyPoint &lmypt, bool operator != (const CMyPoint &rmypt);//const CMyPoint &lmypt, }; .... class CSegment { public: CList<CMyPoint,CMyPoint&> m_PointList; CSeg...

Function for convertion of leters doesn't work.
I'm using function LOWER to convert string i my table on small size but Access gives me a message that the function is not defined.Please, do you know another function? MS Access does not have a LOWER function. Try LCase() instead. -- Cheryl Fischer Law/Sys Associates Houston, TX "Stenli" <svet2000@seznam.cz> wrote in message news:10b201c3626e$b613a050$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm using function LOWER to convert string i my table on > small size but Access gives me a message that the function > is not defined.Please, do you know another function? ...

Report Writer Functions #2
Where can I find instructions and examples on the various report writer functions? I've installed the SDK but I don't see anything there. The Report Writer On-line manual (Help - Printable Manuals - Reporting - Report Writer) has a fairly good description of the functions in Chapter 6. Do you look there or is there a specific function that you did not find there for which you are searching? "Elaine" wrote: > Where can I find instructions and examples on the various report writer > functions? I've installed the SDK but I don't see anything there. Hi El...

Public Function not running
Hey, I have a public function that I call from a cell. The function is: Public Function QuitTime(strQuitTime As String) As Date Dim strHour, strMin As String Dim intHour, intMin As Integer Dim dtTime As Date strHour = Left(strQuitTime, 2) strMin = Right(strQuitTime, 2) dtTime = strHour & ":" & strMin dtTime = dtTime + Range("MainSheet!B2") ' this cell contains the value today() QuitTime = dtTime End Function Anyway, I run a vlookup on this array from another sheet and when ever i run that vlookup, it makes all the cells in th...

Question on "Value" function
In trying to use Excel to help solve a mathematical puzzle, I would like to calculate the result of applying the mathematical operator in one cell to the numbers in two other cells. Example: A1 contains 2, B1 contains +, C1 contains 3. In D1, create a formula that will give the result of 2 + 3, i.e. 5. I have tried (among many other attempts) =VALUE(CONCATENATE(A1, B1, C1)), but it gives me a #VALUE! error. What am I missing? Hi this is not possible without using VBA. try the following UDF: Public Function my_calculate(op1 As Range, operand As Range, op2 As Range) my_calculate = Ap...

Enter key will no longer return to begining of next row
From one worksheet to the next, the enter key will only activate the cell directly below the current cell. What Have I done to change the direction? Have checked the direction selection in Options and as suggested by MS Help made sure the Down was selected. Doesn't change a thing. Help! Sandy look in Tools | Options | and on the Edit tab check what's in "Move selection after Enter" Regards Trevor "Sandy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:212b01c3e06b$ac7afe50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > From one worksheet to the next, the ent...

Allow active x controls to run in RMS POS
Hi there. When trying to run drilldown.htm in RMS on my POS computer, I get the error message "Your current security settings prohibit running active x controls on this page", and it doesn't work. It works fine on my back office pc, and I can't find any difference between the IE settings on the two pcs. Where would I find the setting to allow active x controls to run? Cheers Problem solved, windows automatically blocked it because I sent it as an email attachment from my office pc Mheill wrote: > Hi there. > > When trying to run drilldown.htm in RMS on my POS co...

Suppressing a screen
The code below is triggered by clicking on a button on my UserForm. It opens EmployeeList.xlsm and runs a sort routine then saves and closes the file. My problem is that the EmployeeList.xlsm briefly flashes on the screen during the sort routine (code below). How can I prevent the EmployeeList.xlsm from flashing on the screen? Private Sub CommandButton4_Click() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Workbooks.Open Filename:="P:\Dispatch\Vacation\Template\EmployeeList.xlsm" ThisWorkbook.Activate 'Sort by Fixed Route Driver Names SortModule.FRDS...

is Retail Management System(RMS) been used at cafeterias?
Is Ms Retail Management System been used at cafeterias? It might work in a small operation. But is it the right fit? Not in my opinion. Other software is more cafe' friendly and made for the task. If you have a small cafe, in a retail store you might consider it, if your menu does not need to print on remote kitchen printers, and your using RMS for retail. Other wise look at Dinerware perhaps or software designed for restaurants. mt "D. Reveron" <D. Reveron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D79643B-B9BF-4DD2-96F2-B49D5BCFD5C7@microsoft.com... ...

Missing engineering functions
In an earlier version of Excel, I had "engineering functions" like =dec2hex and =hex2dec. Not, in Excel 2003, I see them in the "help files' but not in my list of available formulas. How do I get them to work in Excel 2003? Thanks in advance, Geoff Waters Glendale, CA Geoff, I don't have Excel 2003, but you should be able to go to Tools | Add-ins and check mark "Analysis Took Pak" in the list that appears. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, CA "Geoff" <grw888@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:zwfIc.299$Qu5.238@newsread2.news.pas.earthli...

Read Receipt Function in outlook
The read receipt option is no longer working in Outlook Small Business Edition for XP 2002. I have not made any recent changes to my outlook setup. Does anyone know how I can trouble shoot this? ...

Outlook today function
When I click on the customize outlook today button nothing happens. What should I do. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 You can edit the registry to make changes to Outlook Today. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/oltoday.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://ww...

apply function to multiple cells
Hi, So I want to write a function which divides every value in column A b the corresponding value in column B and I don't feel like monkey typin the formula in every cell. How can I apply this formula to all cells? I want column C to look like this. Do I need to write a loop o smthing? A1/B1 A2/B2 A3/B3 Thank -- MrXX ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MrXXX's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3124 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50916 In cell C1 enter the formula: =A1/...

Auto delete stopped functioning in Outlook 2000
Hi, I have a single install on a user PC which although the option to auto empty the waste bin is checked it is not deleting or even asking whether she is sure she wants to delete. Advice appreciated, Sam ...

Indirect and Address Functions to Determine Schedule #3
I am struggling with writing an Excel formula that I would greatl appreciate some help on. In theory this sounds quite simple. I have a table which shows th progression it takes, in months, to move from one 'level' to the next. Another larger table shows how a number of 'starting' individuals woul progress through their levels based on the progression table mentione earlier. e.g. [FONT=courier new]Progression Table[/FONT] ----------------------- Months Level One 1 Level Two 2 Level Three 3 etc. Duration Table # of People Jan Feb M...

Multiple "SUM IF" functions in one formula??
I know it can be done, Excel can do anything but I'm not sure if I can even explain it. For example, I want column D2 to display a qty IF a customer number equals a specific value AND a part number equals a specific value. Basically Column A is a list of part numbers, and Row 1 is a list of customers. I need to pull how many parts each customer has ordered. Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Dax" <dax.tipton@smc.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:593e3ca7.0408301337.7b8f6a35@posting.google.com... > I ...