Free shipping for selected customers

Our Store Ops system is setup to always charge shipping on all orders for all
customers (the "Automatic shipping" option in Store Ops configuration is
checked).  For 99% of our customers, this is correct. However, there are a
select group of employees who work in our warehouse. They do not need the
garments shipped to them, so they should not automatically be charged
shipping. There are also some high-end customers who we normally provide free
shipping as a courtesy.

Our system is also setup to received orders from a website (using a custom
web interface). It can feed the customer number and the order line items to
the order, but it is not smart enough to remove the automatic shipping
charges for specific orders.

I don't want to put the burden of remembering who gets charged for shipping
and who doesn't get charged on the cashier or on the customer, especially
when we open up additional stores.

I want this to be something that is setup when the customer is added to the
system. Is there any way, though the Customer maintenance window in Store Ops
or Headquarters, to designate a customer as exempt from shipping charges?

There is already a flag to indicate if a customer is exempt from taxes; I
was hoping there was a similar flag for indicating if a customer was exempt
from shipping charges. The Shipping Carrier and Shipping Service fields are
initiallly set to <none>, but once the record syncronizes with Headquarters,
they fill in with our default shipping carrier and shipping service. There
doesn't seem to be any way to edit the Shipping Carrier or Shipping Service
for a customer.

Bill Yater
The Worth Collection
byater@worthltd.com

0
BillYater (133)
11/7/2005 3:26:16 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How select time zone in timedate.cpl? (batch command)
What single command (for use in a batch file) will change the PC's time zone to GMT+10 Is there a line command which will do this directly? ---------- I have started to look at the "Time And Date" control panel but it doesn't quite do what I want ... The following command opens the "Time And Date" control panel and selects the time zone tab. But what do I do to automatically select the GMT+10 setting and then close the control panel? rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL timedate.cpl,,1 "Jonno" <johnno@mail.invalid> s...

Need help with SELECT statement. 04-19-10
Hi, I need some help with the select statement given the business rules and desired result below. Thank you so much for your help in advance. Please see the business rules below. IF OBJECT_ID('Tempdb.dbo.#Office', 'u') IS NOT NULL DROP TABLE #Office CREATE TABLE #Office ( CompanyId INT NULL, OfficeId INT NULL, CorpOffice BIT NULL, DBAName VARCHAR(15) NULL ) go INSERT INTO #Office VALUES (1323, 1302, 0, 'Test1') INSERT INTO #Office VALUES (1323, 1303, 0, 'Test2') INSERT INTO #Office VALUES (1323, 1306, 0, 'Te...

Use Sheet CodeNames to Select Sheet in Different Workbook
I'm using an .xla to make modifications to another workbook. In my procedure, I'm need to test the name of each worksheet to determine how to proceed. For some reason, I am unable to correctly point to capture the sheet name in the other workbook. I have tried a few different methods, none with any success. Here is the abbreviated code: Sub UnprotectSheets(strUpdateWb As String) 'where strUpdateWb is the name of an open workbook Windows(strUpdateWb).Activate Dim wb As Workbook Set wb = ActiveWorkbook 'Attempt #1 Dim temp As String temp = wb.Sheet1...

How to select record in the subform and to show it in the main form? 09-27-07
Hi I have subform with datasheet view and I need to know how to select record in the subform and to show it in the main form? Thanks Forget my last post. I misuderstood your question. The code I gave will give the record "number" (sort o count from the table start) not the refered to record. -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Wayne-I-M" wrote: > Hi > > There are other methods but a simple one to use would be > > DoCmd.GoToRecord acForm, "MainFormName", acGoTo, > Forms!MainFormName!SubFormName.Form!LinkIngPrimaryField > > Chan...

Custom Fit to Page
Does anyone know how to fit multiple pages to page? What I mean by this is I have a worksheet that is 707 rows and I've set the page breaks to break the worksheet into 8 pages. The pages are set to letter size. However, some pages have empty space at the top and bottom, and other pages fill out the page completely. This is because each page has a different amount of rows in it obviously. I want to make it so each page is "fit to page" where there is no empty space at the top and bottom, regardless of how many rows each page has. Hopefully what I'm saying makes sense. ...

Report Writer
In version 7.0 we had the shipping method show up on the report. It updated on the PO report when we changed it in the Vendor Detail page. In 8.0 they changed the report around and now the shipping method is attached to each item. We don't want this and just want to use the shippin method as it shows up on the Vendor Detail page. That way we can change it for the whole order at anytime. Does anyone know what table holds the field with this shipping method info? The default shipping method field that is on the 8.0 report does not update as we change the method within Vendor Detail. I...

Custom Serialization
Could anyone tell me if this is possible please? I have a class which looks like the following Class MyClass public mblnUpdateMyProp1 as boolean public mintMyProp1 as int16 public mblnUpdateMyProp2 as boolean public mintMyProp2 as int16 end class This serializes to <MyClass> <mblnUpdateMyProp1>True</mblnUpdateMyProp1> <mintMyProp1>2</mintMyProp1> <mblnUpdateMyProp2>True</mblnUpdateMyProp2> <mintMyProp1>3</mintMyProp1> </MyClass> Now I know you can control serialization with attributes such XmlElementAtt...

Adding custom fields to dynamically created controls.
I created a custom Outlook (2003) form that imports data from Access to populate user defined fields and create additional controls based on the number of records in an Access query. Everything works fine except the data the user enters for the dynamically created controls don't hold their value when the form is sent. I am quessing that is because there is no user defined fields bound to them. (how do I do this) I have been looking on the net but cannot find anything close enough. Any help (examples) would be appreciated. Look at http://www.outlookcode.com/d/formcontrols.htm, lots of inf...

Forcing users to use a custom Contacts form OR removing Contacts
Using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000 Is it possible to set it so all users use a cusom contacts form for new items in their "Outlook Today" folders? Or better still, is there a way to remove the Contacts folder, or make it point to a folder in the public folders tree? Thanks! Sparks... ...

Help needed with customer address entity
Our company sends out a great variety of documents to clients, each of whom can have multiple addresses. To complicate matters, clients frequently request different document types to be mailed to different addresses. For example, John Doe may want accounting documents sent to his "Home" address, tax documents sent to his "Work" address, quarterly letter documents sent to his "Vacation" address, etc. The easiest way to track this would be to relate my new custom entity 'Documents' to the customer address entity and the contact entity, then customize a fo...

In Excel 2000, How do you select the whole of a worksheet (Select.
In Excel 2000, How do you select a whole worksheet (Select All) with ONE click of the mouse? Cheers!! click on that little grey button to the right of the column headers and at the top of the row headers. Using the keyboard (you didn't ask!). Ctrl-a (twice in xl2003.) Rascal wrote: > > In Excel 2000, How do you select a whole worksheet (Select All) with ONE > click of the mouse? Cheers!! -- Dave Peterson ...

detailed customization
Hi, Just started looking at MS CRM. We have a client who has started using it and want us to do major customizations. I have already added a few custom forms (in the form of external asp.net applications). I want some more info (I have searched this NG and didn't find and conclusive answers) what I want to know is: 1. Can I add a new entity like the built-in entities and then link (mapping?) the new entity to a built-in entity? Basically what I want is to add a new table in the database and then have the ability to create objects accessible through the proxy dll. If it is not possi...

how do I customize my menubar using a2007?
I've move to A2007. The menubar I created in A2003 is still there but how do I now customize it? Jesper I believe that you can only customize it in Access 2003, since 2007 doesn't use menubars anymore. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Jesper F" <jesperfjoelner@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:47e24896$0$90274$14726298@news.sunsite.dk... > I've move to A2007. The menubar I created in A2003 is still there but how > do I now customize it? > > Jesper > >I believe tha...

60 day free MS Office 2007 installation issues
until I receive my new copy of MS Office 2007 I want to use the free 60 day trial but when I try and register the trial key I get a error message that says a communication error has occured try again later??? I need this now and it has been giving me this error all day? HELP!! Was the Trial preinstalled or did you download it from MS? Did you purchase Office on line, and are using the key mailed to you? "HollyZ27" <HollyZ27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D287919-F72A-467F-8018-8C0C2063275F@microsoft.com... > until I receive my new co...

Selection Criteria for Statements
When printing statements, no matter what type of seleciton criteria we enter (ie, print only statements for customers with balance > 0) all statements print. Any ideas ? Store Operations 1.2 SP1 ...

Selection Mode Stuck
I've accidentally put Excel (Office 2003, w/latest updates) into a sticky selection mode on this one spreadsheet file and I can't turn it off. I apparently hit a key combo (I think with a mouse click) and now when I open this file and single click on any cell, that cell is selected and the selection extends in both directions as I move the mouse. I can't click on any buttons, or toolbar icons, or do anything to stop this selecting mode. It just goes on and on, autoscrolling to infinity. I eventually have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to kill Excel, just to free up my computer. Any help wou...

OwnerDrawn ClistCtrl and full row selection
Hi all, I have an owner drawn CListCtrl in report mode, and I'm drawing the highlight for a full row selection. This seems simple enough but it really is far more complicated. Using the HDC given though DrawItem, I draw a FillSolidRect(...) with the width of the window. Unfortunately it onlys draws up to the end of the last column. At first I thought this was a clipping problem but SelectClipRgn(NULL); does nothing. I thought I'd be cleve and created a CClientDC dc(this ) to do the row selection. This does work, however there seems to be a random non drawing of certain rows. ...

"No resource have been selected for this activity"?
When creating an appointment by clicking the "follow up" button on the screen of a contact, after I fill out the fields on the form assistant and click "Save and Open", I would get this message "No resource have been selected for this activity". Why? and how to get rid of this warning? Thx. ------=_NextPart_0001_0A0CD6AA Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <phw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When creating an appointment by clicking the "follow up" button on the screen > of a contact, after I fill out the field...

How to have auto dialog box showing when selecting cell
I would like to have a dialog box appear each time a cell is selected in a column. I need the dialog box show the next cheque number and allow the user to change that if necessary. The cells cannot have a formula in it as that would cause problems when sorting. Is there a way to do this? Rob You could use data validation to do this. Firstly in an empty area of the worksheet define a cell that is equa to max(column range where the cehque numbers are shown) + 1. (ie max(a:a) + 1 Then set the data validation for the whole cheque input range to list list = the address of the new cell. Th...

Trying to develop a shipping calculator to compare courier rates
I'm trying to develop a shipping calculator to compare courier rates. User enters rates, and excel sheet calculates comparisons based on user defined weight, # of items, destination and origin. You mean the user has to enter in rate tables for each carrier at the resolution of weight, destination, and origin. (and possibly number of items). I suspect the user would prefer to call the carrier and ask them to quote a rate, then select the lowest or if they have that information, just run their finger down the paper table and figure out which is cheapest. Usually the selling point of thi...

What files need to be shipped with Visual Studio 2008 Application that uses MFC Feature Pack
What all files (MFC dlls etc) need to be shipped with such an application (as in the subject line)? I understand most of the users won't be having the latest system dlls. So i wanted them to reside besides the application exe. I am using many Feature Pack utilities like Ribbon Interface etc. I found that wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Microsoft_Foundation_Class_Library) mentions MFC 9.0.30411 (mfc90.dll). How do I identify this? warm regards, Divya Rathore When I build my applications, I prefer to statically link with MFC. Although this makes my EXE image larger, it simplifies di...

Error when trying to customize attributes
Recently we had a system failure and ended up restoring our CRM 3.0 to a newer version of 3.0. Everything seemed fine for a while until we attempted to do some additional customizing with the attributes. This is the error we are getting: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an obje...

Exchange Free Busy Calendar
We are funning MS Exchange 2003. I have found that some of our users are computer clocks are set to update for day light savings time and others are not (they are all in the same time zone). Because of this when users send appointments if the person they are sending them to has a different daylight savings time setting the appt shows up differently.(in most cases an hour off for the correct meeting time). If I go around and adjust everyone’s clocks to be the same events the user entered show up incorectley in their calenter. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can correct this. ...

Export directory entry type mailboxes as type custom recipients (remote)
Hi, As a prelude to the final, way overdue, extinguishing Exchange 5.5, want I want to do is export from the GAL all the mailboxes in the other sites, but convert them in a single operation to type custom recipients (remote). At which point I will remove our x.400 connector, then import all of the custom recipients back into our own administrative group. I am aware that no further directory synchonization will occur. I am aware that there are solutions for sychronizing between active directories (MIIS, federations, LDAP address books, etc.), but I have no cooperation from any other responsi...

Free/Busy Public Folder #2
We recently had a move from one Exchange 2003 box to another Exchange 2003 box. There is a lot of information that I think still resides on the old server. Is there a deployment guide that will walk me through the decomissioning of the old exchange 2003 server? Also none of my users can see their Free/busy calendars and I cannot locate this public folder in either of the servers. Can anyone help? thanks, Victor you might want to look at this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822931/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Victor" <Victor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...