Fonts in RMS Active Reports

We can input and display well Vietnamese characters in RMS screens. But we
can not read those at all in Active Reports, characters are changed and
displayed in a wrong format.

I have tried 2 following ways:
- Using character type Unicode, to input data to RMS screens. Active Reports
shows incorrectly due to RMS system does not totally support Unicode.
- Using character type ANSI, to input data to RMS screens with our
vietnamese font VnArial, then set font substitue to replace font Arial by
VnArial. This way can make Active Reports display well but will cause
conflict to other application (due to font Arial is an very important font of
system).

Anyone knows how to change the default font embedded in Active Reports.

Thanks in advance,
Binh

0
binhcq (1)
9/26/2007 5:14:01 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

For this reason we have written the RR Special Reports that has all the RMS
reports and more with the option to set Font to different languages and
print.  We have tested this in Cyrillic, Hebrew, Arabic and Chinese.  If you
want to test this with Vietnamese let me know.  Just be aware this is a paid
add-on.  Contact me for more details.

Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ]
CEO - Retail Realm
= = = = = = = = = =

"binhcq" <binhcq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We can input and display well Vietnamese characters in RMS screens. But we
> can not read those at all in Active Reports, characters are changed and
> displayed in a wrong format.
>
> I have tried 2 following ways:
> - Using character type Unicode, to input data to RMS screens. Active
> Reports
> shows incorrectly due to RMS system does not totally support Unicode.
> - Using character type ANSI, to input data to RMS screens with our
> vietnamese font VnArial, then set font substitue to replace font Arial by
> VnArial. This way can make Active Reports display well but will cause
> conflict to other application (due to font Arial is an very important font
> of
> system).
>
> Anyone knows how to change the default font embedded in Active Reports.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Binh

0
afshin (783)

Read Only error when completing activities in SFO
When I close an activity in SFO and mark it as complete I receive a warning dialog that states that the record in CRM is read only and it will not be updated. How can I get the record to update properly in CRM when I mark it as complete in SFO? ...

Visio 2007
The themes in Visio 2007 only allow for the setting of the theme font, NOT the font size or style (bold, italic, etc.). So the question is, when I start a Visio diagram how can I ensure that the starting font size is 12 and not 8 pt, bold and not regular. It appears that there is no way to do this, other than perhaps changing registry values. BTW: I use Visio on both XP and Vista. Peregrine Go to the menu bar > Format > Define Styles. The menu allows you to define a custom style which includes font face, size, etc. HTH Wapperdude "Peregrine Maitland" wrote: > T...

SQL Reporting Services and GP 10
Hello: Is it possible to associate SQL Reporting Services reports with SOP invoices in GP 10.0 rather than with Report Writer? I know that Accountable Software has Forms Printer, but I believe that that only works with Crystal. And, I know that there are SRS reports written to display data from GP but I do not think that these reports will work in terms of printing invoices or orders from SOP. Thanks! childofthe1980s No not really.. The problem is that when an SOP or POP document is printed, GP needs to be updated. Accountable does that with their Crystal interface but I dont kno...

Reporting Hardware Specs for a 20TB Oracle DB
Hello, I have a requirement for a Reporting Solution for an Enterprise Reporting Solution for a 20TB Oracle (running on Unix) Datawarehouse that does about 150M Transactions a day. There are about 300 users and not more than 30 concurrent users. They already have a MOSS 2007 Installation so i need specs for the SSAS Server which will sit on its own server. My questions are; 1) What should the specs (RAM, Processor, Disk Space) of this SSAS Server be? 2) What would the specs of the SSRS Server be? 3) Any other special considerations? Thanks I'd buy the highest machi...

Report of sales by month based on a cross tab query
Hi, I have a cross tab query that will provide sales by month for 2008. Right now it is sales for January08. As there are sales for future months, they will appear as well. I want to create a table that has all of the months listed out already. Right now, on the first day of the month, I go into the report and add the new month. I want it so that all month are listed which I have done. The problem is that when I run the report, I get an error that says "the Microsoft Jet does not recognize February as a valid field name. After today, there will be February data but no March ...

Quickbooks RMS integration problem
I am trying to figure out how to integrate Quickbooks 2005 Premier with RMS 1.2. I have 2 PCs, a POS/Server up front and a backoffice PC with Quickbooks. In Manager on the backoffice PC I have selected File, Configuration, Accounting Tab, selected Quickbooks 2003, Retrieve and it says it has successfully connected with Quickbooks. However, when I try to set up the GL Accounts by going to Journal, GL Account Setup I get the account mapping table but I am unable to select any accounts (all cells are empty and I cannot manually pick the accounts from a list, there is nothing there). What am I mis...

Does the New Worth Report have a fault
When I calculate my new worth in MS Money 2000 (old version I know) it adds my assets and liabilities instead of subtracting them. For example, if my savings, checking, investments total $10,000.00 and my liabilities total $5000.00, MS Money calculates my net worth as $15,000.00. Shouldn't my net worth be $5,000.00? Shouldn't it subtract my liabilities instead of add them? Please let me know if there is a glich in the software and how I can fix it. Also please let me know if I am financially inept. Thanks, -k In your example, the net worth should be $5,000.00. You may hav...

Changing font size in data validation drop-down lists
In Excel 2003, I created the value list on a separate worksheet and labled the range so I could use it in the data validation wizard on a different worksheet. The list is working fine; however, the font size in the drop-down list is too small to comfortably read. So far, I have tried: Making the font in the list larger. Formatting larger font size in the active cell with the drop-down button And, creating the list on the same worksheet. All three remedies have not increased the size of the font in the drop-down list. Suggestions are welcome. Great Optimism, Dutch Driver There is n...

Activity Attributes
I am trying to write a report through crystal reports linking activities with particular orders. Is there a way to open up activity forms for modification so that I can see the schema names of certain fields. Most are self-explanatory but there are a few that are not. Please advise. no you cannot do this. Exactly what fields are causing you problems? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us <dkoleno@cancerconsultantsinc.com> wrote in message news:09b601c50eee$6e9570e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to write a report through crystal reports > li...

Problems with reports on Money 2004
I am having problems getting onto the reports page as everytime it crashes. I have tried to repair using the disk and uninstalled and re-installed and it still doesn't work. I am told that there isn't a new UK version available so I cannot upgrade. Can anybody help In microsoft.public.money, Jayne Morris <Jayne Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having problems getting onto the reports page as everytime it crashes. I >have tried to repair using the disk and uninstalled and re-installed and it >still doesn't work. I am told that there isn't a ne...

Report Sum
I am working on a cost study form for a body shop. Each vehicle will have its own page. I have to be able to add up to 15 different list part totals as well as 15 different net part totals. I then need to add the 7% tax of the list part total to the net parts total. I would love some input on what would be the easiest way to achieve this because I then have to generate a report with by the different companies showing total parts, total labor and total profit ratio. Usually, you want to text put boxes in footer of the form. You have to pull the footer down on the bottom to have...

Categories & Reports in MM 2002? #2
I created a Business classification to keep track of business expenses. Yet, I cannot use any Reports for my Business classification. How do I just limit the Reports for the Business classification? Christopher Paul Billows http://www.accidentaldesign.com "Life is not fair, it is interconnected" -- myself ...

Can there be variable size columns in one report?
I want to create a report that has 3 sub-reports of different column widths. Is this possible? -The 1st sub-report has 1 column that occupies the entire width of the page -The 2nd sub-report can fit 2 columns in the page width -The 3rd sub-report can fit 3 columns in the page width Subreports can have any number of columns that don't have to be the same from one to another. Typically your columns should display across then down in order to render properly as a subreport. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "SheldonHinds" wrote: > I want to create a r...

How to Print string (Windows Printer) using RMS QSRules.
A windows printer is set as a receipt printer for a register. I need to print strings to this printer using RMS QSRules. How can I do this? I tried using Register.ActivePrinter.PrintNormal(Station as Long,Data as String) but it won't work. By the way, what is Station in the parameter? ...

Print employee record summary Inquiry report
How do i print the employee record summary Inquiry report? There's not a report you can print from the window. You can either do a screen shot of it or create a custom report. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Hazvi" wrote: > How do i print the employee record summary Inquiry report? ...

Report on a specific printer, bug in access 2007?
Dear all, in access 2007, I can click the "page setup" menu then the "page setup" button, and choose to print the report on a specific printer. However, after saving the report and re-opening it, he still prints on default printer. The specific printer setting is not saved with the report (this worked with all previous versions of access, it seems the specific printer setting has no effect anymore). Does someone know where I could find a patch or a workaround for this? (no updates are found through office update, and this might be critical for some applications). Regard...

sales report by split sales persons
we have situations where 2 different sales persons sell to the same customer, depending on product group. We select the specific sales person when we enter the sales order. Unfortunately, later when we want to run a sales report, it assigns all the sales to whatever salesperson is shown in the Cards as the default sales person. We need a report that assigns sales to sales persons based on the data from the individual sales orders ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click th...

Error Message when viewing CRM 4.0 Reports
We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with HTTP Unauthorized 401 Any suggestions? This is a new install. "Chris Timms" <ChrisTimms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E4DDBE2-58EC-408F-82E8-3B7EF531D392@microsoft.com... > We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. > > http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with > HTTP Unauthorized 401 > > Any suggestions? Thi...

Cost Variance Report and Smartlist
We currently use the Enter/Match Invoice screen to enter payable invoices. I understand that when prices differ, a cost variance report is created/printed. Is there a way to create this report in Smartlist? We currently link the SOP / POP by using the purchase button. What is happening is, if the linked Purchase Order line is received at an incorrect price (found while keying the vendor invoice), when the link is used to drill back from the sales order to the purchase order the incorrect price shows. We would like to use Smartlist to see the original purchase order price and the ...

Assigning Accounts should not assign cases and activities
Our Tech Support team manages cases. They lose track of the cases when we assign Accounts because they don't own the account. We also have many people with activities for accounts they don't own. They lose track of the activities. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&quo...

Explanation of Money Performance Report
If i run a perfomance report there are 2 columns for judging performance - "%Rate of Return" & "Annual % Return". I am having a problem understanding the meaning of each column. If I run the report for exactly 1 year then both columns show the exact same numbers for indexes such as Dow Jones Indutrial Average or Nasdaq Composite which I have in my watch list. In the same report for exactly 1 year the 2 columns have very different numbers for my stocks and mutual funds. For example I have a mutual fund which shows 1.28 for % Rate of Return and 21.32 for Annu...

RMS User Question/Problem
Hello, I Downloaded and installed Microsoft Dynamics RMS, but when I first run it (for the first time) it asks me user ID and password, but have not yet established one, and is the first time I run the program! (Or is it comes with some standard user / default?) User ID: 1 Password: password Robert Armstrong RMS Systems Inc. "F.Misle" <F.Misle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B29A28E5-315C-4A1A-9490-A497651736A0@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I Downloaded and installed Microsoft Dynamics RMS, but when I first run it > (for the first...

Fonts do not print in colur used when document created.
When I create a document in either Word ot Publisher the text is not always printed in the colour selected. This problem seems particular to Red & Blue. can any one help please. Peeter Have you tried some maintenance on your printer? Are you saving as a PDF? This problem has been reported using Microsoft's save as add-in. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Peter Piper" <PeterPiper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76737C66-2B07-42DF-BFC5-828A14CE135F@microsoft.com... > When I create a document in either Word ot Publisher t...

Laying out a Report
I have a database with two tables called Fillers and issues linked. I want to make a report on issues under two different sections of the filler. Fillers Table Model = 6000 S/N 235 J/N 12 Date started Date complete Issues Table Fed/sep Date Part issue drawing issue bill of material issue assingned to plan of action Filler Date Part issue drawing issue bill of material issue assingned to plan of action Any suggestions would be appreciated What field is linking Fillers and issues? It looks like you want two records from issuses for every filler record. Is this correct? If so, h...