exporting report into Excell

When I export a report into Excell, the bin location for some items shows as
a date rather than a number or general. These items were created at different
times. I have deleted the bin location, exited the item and the reentered the
bin location to no avail. Any suggestions?
0
Sandy (74)
8/23/2007 6:02:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Format the destination column as text and use the 'Paste Special... | Values
Only' function.

Also good for retaining leading zeroes.

Tom
--
Stop fishing for e-mail

"Sandy" wrote:

> When I export a report into Excell, the bin location for some items shows as
> a date rather than a number or general. These items were created at different
> times. I have deleted the bin location, exited the item and the reentered the
> bin location to no avail. Any suggestions?
0
tomg2938 (389)
8/23/2007 9:56:03 PM

"Terrible Tom" wrote:

> Format the destination column as text and use the 'Paste Special... | Values
> Only' function.
>
> Also good for retaining leading zeroes.
>

> Tom
> --
> Stop fishing for e-mail
>

> "Sandy" wrote:
>
> > When I export a report into Excell, the bin location for some items shows as
> > a date rather than a number or general. These items were created at different
> > times. I have deleted the bin location, exited the item and the reentered the
> > bin location to no avail. Any suggestions?

I tried this. My file I export is inhtml.file and when I click to copy, it
doesn't work.  I can open it into excell, but there's no option to paste
special.  I guess I should tell you that I'm working in Excell 2007.   Maybe
there's an option on one of the tabs, but I havn't found it yet.
Sandy
0
Sandy (74)
8/24/2007 5:28:00 PM
If it's a report, use the Copy As Table function.  Do not export the report
as html.  Nothing could be more useless.  Excel 2007 might deal well with
..xml, if that's an option.

If you're using query results from the Administrator program, export as .csv.

"Sandy" wrote:

> "Terrible Tom" wrote:
>
> > Format the destination column as text and use the 'Paste Special... | Values
> > Only' function.
> >
> > Also good for retaining leading zeroes.
> >

> > Tom
> > --
> > Stop fishing for e-mail
> >

> > "Sandy" wrote:
> >
> > > When I export a report into Excell, the bin location for some items shows as
> > > a date rather than a number or general. These items were created at different
> > > times. I have deleted the bin location, exited the item and the reentered the
> > > bin location to no avail. Any suggestions?
>
> I tried this. My file I export is inhtml.file and when I click to copy, it
> doesn't work.  I can open it into excell, but there's no option to paste
> special.  I guess I should tell you that I'm working in Excell 2007.   Maybe
> there's an option on one of the tabs, but I havn't found it yet.
> Sandy
0
tomg2938 (389)
8/24/2007 6:54:01 PM

"Terrible Tom" wrote:

> If it's a report, use the Copy As Table function.  Do not export the report
> as html.  Nothing could be more useless.  Excel 2007 might deal well with
> .xml, if that's an option.
>
> If you're using query results from the Administrator program, export as .csv.
>
> Thanks so much.   Now that it's in excell correctly, is there any easy way to  delete the double entries. The report  lists the location code twice, once with just it and once with all the information I need. II was hoping for a macro?
Sandy

> "Sandy" wrote:
>

> > "Terrible Tom" wrote:
> >
> > > Format the destination column as text and use the 'Paste Special... | Values
> > > Only' function.
> > >
> > > Also good for retaining leading zeroes.
> > >

> > > Tom
> > > --
> > > Stop fishing for e-mail

> > I tried this. My file I export is inhtml.file and when I click to copy, it
> > doesn't work.  I can open it into excell, but there's no option to paste
> > special.  I guess I should tell you that I'm working in Excell 2007.   Maybe
> > there's an option on one of the tabs, but I havn't found it yet.
> > Sandy
0
Sandy (74)