export items to be imported at another location

How can I export items from one stores RMS and then import them into anther
store running RMS, so that I do not have to create them in both locations
--
Lanny
0

Dear LannyJ,

You have couple options, the one is which is easy is to item master report
data in any text or csv file from store manager program. another is to export
the table form SO administrator and then load it to another system. Tell me
which way you like so I can write you more details.
Akber

"LannyJ" wrote:

> How can I export items from one stores RMS and then import them into anther
> store running RMS, so that I do not have to create them in both locations
> --
> Lanny
0
AkberAlwani (916)
6/10/2009 6:37:01 AM
Akber,
I am not proficient enough to know which one i like. When I get in a new
product line maybe 250 items, I enter them into the inventory at each of my
three stores. I would like to enter them once, Item, catagory, department,
cost, price, item description. and then export them to a thumb drive an
inport them into RMS at another store. Once in the data base I can simply do
a PO or transfer to receice the correct guantity in each location.
--
Lanny

"Akber Alwani" wrote:

> Dear LannyJ,
>
> You have couple options, the one is which is easy is to item master report
> data in any text or csv file from store manager program. another is to export
> the table form SO administrator and then load it to another system. Tell me
> which way you like so I can write you more details.
> Akber
>
> "LannyJ" wrote:
>
> > How can I export items from one stores RMS and then import them into anther
> > store running RMS, so that I do not have to create them in both locations
> > --
> > Lanny
0
LannyJ (4)
6/11/2009 12:19:00 PM
oAkber:

Have you considered purchasing RMS Headquarters. This would eliminate all
your problems. Trying to maintain three stores the way you are doing it will
eventually lead to problems. Not only that you are loosing many of the
benefits that HQ offers such as store transfers, multi-store consolicdated
reporting, eyc. make no mistake, we don't think HQ is the greatest product in
the WOrld but in your case, I think you'd find it very beneficial.

"LannyJ" wrote:

> Akber,
> I am not proficient enough to know which one i like. When I get in a new
> product line maybe 250 items, I enter them into the inventory at each of my
> three stores. I would like to enter them once, Item, catagory, department,
> cost, price, item description. and then export them to a thumb drive an
> inport them into RMS at another store. Once in the data base I can simply do
> a PO or transfer to receice the correct guantity in each location.
> --
> Lanny
>

> "Akber Alwani" wrote:
>
> > Dear LannyJ,
> >
> > You have couple options, the one is which is easy is to item master report
> > data in any text or csv file from store manager program. another is to export
> > the table form SO administrator and then load it to another system. Tell me
> > which way you like so I can write you more details.
> > Akber
> >
> > "LannyJ" wrote:
> >
> > > How can I export items from one stores RMS and then import them into anther
> > > store running RMS, so that I do not have to create them in both locations
> > > --
> > > Lanny
Brian,
That is a hefty price to pay for what should be a simple task. I actually
own HQ but it is not worth the trouble of setting it up and having the three
stores on line. The database is not real time. Yes it would seem to work for
my purpose but somone must have an export/import tool that would also work.
thanks for the post . Lanny
--
Lanny

"Brian Wannan" wrote:

> oAkber:
>
> Have you considered purchasing RMS Headquarters. This would eliminate all
> your problems. Trying to maintain three stores the way you are doing it will
> eventually lead to problems. Not only that you are loosing many of the
> benefits that HQ offers such as store transfers, multi-store consolicdated
> reporting, eyc. make no mistake, we don't think HQ is the greatest product in
> the WOrld but in your case, I think you'd find it very beneficial.
>
> "LannyJ" wrote:
>
> > Akber,
> > I am not proficient enough to know which one i like. When I get in a new
> > product line maybe 250 items, I enter them into the inventory at each of my
> > three stores. I would like to enter them once, Item, catagory, department,
> > cost, price, item description. and then export them to a thumb drive an
> > inport them into RMS at another store. Once in the data base I can simply do
> > a PO or transfer to receice the correct guantity in each location.
> > --
> > Lanny
> >

> > "Akber Alwani" wrote:
> >
> > > Dear LannyJ,
> > >
> > > You have couple options, the one is which is easy is to item master report
> > > data in any text or csv file from store manager program. another is to export
> > > the table form SO administrator and then load it to another system. Tell me
> > > which way you like so I can write you more details.
> > > Akber

0
LannyJ (4)
6/25/2009 2:47:01 AM
On Jun 24, 7:47=A0pm, LannyJ <Lan...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Brian,
> That is a hefty price to pay for what should be a simple task. I actually
> own HQ but it is not worth the trouble of setting it up and having the th=
ree
> stores on line. The database is not real time. Yes it would seem to work =
for
> my purpose but somone must have an export/import tool that would also wor=
k.
> thanks for the post . Lanny
> --
> Lanny
>
> "Brian Wannan" wrote:
> > oAkber:
>
> > Have you considered purchasing RMS Headquarters. This would eliminate a=
ll
> > your problems. Trying to maintain three stores the way you are doing it=
 will
> > eventually lead to problems. Not only that you are loosing many of the
> > benefits that HQ offers such as store transfers, multi-store consolicda=
ted
> > reporting, eyc. make no mistake, we don't think HQ is the greatest prod=
uct in
> > the WOrld but in your case, I think you'd find it very beneficial.
>
> > "LannyJ" wrote:
>
> > > Akber,
> > > I am not proficient enough to know which one i like. When I get in a =
new
> > > product line maybe 250 items, I enter them into the inventory at each=
 of my
> > > three stores. I would like to enter them once, Item, catagory, depart=
ment,
> > > cost, price, item description. and then export them to a thumb drive =
an
> > > inport them into RMS at another store. Once in the data base I can si=
mply do
> > > a PO or transfer to receice the correct guantity in each location.
> > > --
> > > Lanny

 Tell me

I can't imagine anyone having the time or inclination to run a
business that way but you certainly could do that.  You can export any
RMS report output to CSV and there is an import tool available (check
with your dealer / or log into Customer Source) so it would just be a
matter of running a report, ensuring the fields you need are exposed
then export & import.  HQ can be near real time - you just need to set
it uip on a WAN / VPN and set it to poll every few minutes; we have
quite a few clients that have the infrastructure and they've found it
to be very much worth the investment (which wasn't that much at all
really).

Hope this helps,
Todd
www.nitrosell.com

0
todd.jensen (109)

Outlook not receiving emails until another is sent or opened?
I have users on Microsoft Outlook XP and 2003 (with Exchange 5.5) who do not receive emails when they are sent. They will receive them only when they either send an email or open another previously received email. We have had this issue a few times and are unable to come up with a solution. On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:07:04 -0800, Ed Panzeter wrote: > I have users on Microsoft Outlook XP and 2003 (with Exchange 5.5) who do not > receive emails when they are sent. They will receive them only when they > either send an email or open another previously received email. We have had ...

export/import stock price from/to Money
I used Money 2003 in Taiwan (not USA). The stock is not USA stock, so I don't use the on-line update stock price. Is there any method to export/import my stock price. Even write a program to do that, it's OK for me. Thanks. ...

decimal places when exporting to Excel from SmartList
Hello: A GP 9.0 client is using 5 currency decimals in Inventory. And, 5 decimals are showing in the SmartList reports. But, when exporting the data to Excel, only 2 decimal places are showing. This is remedied by simply highlighting the columns in Excel and formatting the columns with 5 decimal places. Is there anyway, though, to configure Excel to allow for bringing over all 5 decimal places from SmartList automatically? The client is in an Excel 2003 environment. I don’t know if using Excel 2007 would remedy this, but……. childofthe1980s Disregard....I found that you have to m...

Importing CSV
Hi All, I have to import CSV files into excel. A regular issue with this is that often the CSV files will contain data (in this case account codes) that excel interprets as dates (such as '3-8000' being converted to 1 Mar 8000). Nothing unusual so far, in that we handle that issue by importing manually (External Data - Text import), and specifying that the field in question is imported as TEXT not GENERAL. However, I have a file that, when I double click on it, it opens up perfectly (except with dates where it should be text as outlined above), but if I manually import that f...

import data from Oracle database into Excel using vba
Has anyone an example of importing data from an Oracle database into Excel using VBA? ...

Find a Item & Copy the Data
Can someone please help me? I've got a huge SAP generated Parts List from overseas which I need to find a unique number in column A. (Sheet1) There are 10 columns and in excess of 55,000 rows This SAP Text number is comprised of 18 fixed digits (eg: 000000065202255411). However the number itself is variable with leading zero's (eg: 000000000063060003), and anything in between if you follow my drift. My problem is I need to verify each customer's price and purchase cost from this data sheet. I've managed to automate most of the process but I can't return the...

Importing Outlook Contact Note attachments? Is it possible?
Currently my company has a CRM set up using just Outlook. We are in the process of implementing MSCRM. As we are doing this one of the largest problems we have come across is getting all of the ntoes stored in a contacts note box imported to the CRM. Exporting the data out of Outlook seems to get some of the written notes in a distorted fashion. This distortion is probably due to the mail file links that are seperating each note in the box. Is it possible to export these notes in an organized manner and retain the links to the mail? This is a large part of our current CRM that NEEDS to ...

User selects file location
I have a macro that formats data and saves certain portions of a worksheet into a csv file. The macro prompts the user for a path to save the file to. Instead of the user typing in the path, is there a way to have them select it somehow...similar to what happens when you select File - Save As from the main Excel menu? I appreciate your feedback. Monica a drop down box perhaps. http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Monica" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:941e01c4336e$c3b64ce0$a1012...

Excel 2002 copy multiple rows to another worksheet
I have a database with 2000 rows of data, I want to copy and paste 25 non contiguous rows to another worksheet. I select the rows I want and when I press copy I get an error message that you connot copy multiple rows. Is there a work around method I can use so I do not have to copy each row separately. Harvey If you have a common criteria in your selection, there's probably a way to extract these lines dynamically in that other sheet. If so, you could try describing your db sheet set-up (the sheetname, what's the key col(s), in which row does data start, the expected extent...

how to restore correct 'favorites' location?
in vista, suddenly favorites are gone because the location of the favorites file is wrong! the good old favorites file is still there in documents, but the path listed for favorites in IE is a non-existent folder in my 'music' folder. so favorites comes up empty in the IE menu. somehow it got changed. how do i tell IE7 (IE8 would not install on this computer) where it's 'favorites' folder is? this should be the default location, but where can i set it to that?i -- musicman toronto In what operating system? Try this and see if it helps: You can chang...

duplicate deposits when importing bank xactions into Money
has anyone else experienced this? when i DL my xactions from the bank, Money takes my deposit and not only duplicates it, but also back dates the duplicate about 2 months, making it difficult to detect. anyone? anyone? thanks. Robin *who really doesn't think she's going crazy* In microsoft.public.money, Robin wrote: > >has anyone else experienced this? > >when i DL my xactions from the bank, Money takes my >deposit and not only duplicates it, but also back dates >the duplicate about 2 months, making it difficult to >detect. > >anyone? anyone...

Block sale of this Item
I have employees who use lookup codes, instead of scanning, I have made items inactive and checked block sale of this item, yet if they type in the lookup code it will bring up the item, is there any way other then deleting the item to stop it from coming up whey they type in the look-up code? I don't understand why it will let you sell the item if it is inactive and why the block sale of this item is not working. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_03D5_01C6E254.A32EEE90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding...

update yes / no field in table based on another table
I am wanting to update a yes/no field in one table based on another table. If the name is in both tables to put a "yes" value in the field If the name is in one table but not the other to put a "no" value in the field For example: Table 1: Name Table 2: Name Check box = yes Table 1: Null (Name not in table) Table 2: Name check box = no On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 14:55:01 -0800, Bryan <Bryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am wanting to update a yes/no field in one table based on another table. > >If the name is in both tables to put a "yes" va...

Importing a DLL: calling function error.
I'm importing a DLL and when I call its function "vDecode" I get an error message (see below). I think that the reason is that the function prototype I have is wrong (the DLL documentation -below- could be wrong, old, obsolete). BUT maybe I'm not importing the DLL right (I have not much experience importing DLLs) I reproduce the code below (simplified). Am I forgetting to do something to make this function work? Thanks a lot! Ricardo. ---------------------------------------------------------------- THE ERROR ========= Debug Error! Program: ... PROYECTOS\_TESTS\Coder\Debu...

can't import pst file
get error message "File access is denied. You do not have permission to access the file C:\Data\Mike\Contacts\MP Outlook backup file.pst." Any worked with this before? Thanks. mike <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > get error message "File access is denied. You do not have > permission to access the file C:\Data\Mike\Contacts\MP > Outlook backup file.pst." What happens when you 1) make sure that file is not read-only and 2) use Outlook's File>Open command to open it? (Never import an existing PST file.) Okay, how do I make sure th...

moving the Exchange 2003 data to another server
I need to move the Exchange 2003 database off of our SAN temporarily (the mailbox stores). I know connecting the Exchange 2003 to a NAS would be hassle so I like to do it as simple as possible. Can I set up another server with a different name and restore the backup to that server? Thanks. Sure, here's a good link below. There are three methods for moving Exchange databases to different storage groups or servers: =B7 Restore an Exchange-aware online streaming backup of the database, redirecting the restore location to a different server For this method to work, the new server ...

Problem with data sheet and linking it to another sheet to make a report
This is kind of hard to explain, but I will try. I'm making a report in excel by linking the report sheet to another sheet that has the data. What I am doing is entering the equal sign, and then clicking on the data in sheet 2 and put them under the labels I have on sheet 1 (the report). So here are the steps so far: 1. I open excel and design a report with lables and field names, now i just need the data for the report 2. I insert a new sheet that has the data. 3. I go back to the first sheet (report) and put an equal sign into one of the fields where I want the data to appear in my r...

drawitem : how to know in witch rows is the item ?
i want to draw my control list items with OnDrawItem : but how to know in witch rows is the item ? I don't really understand what mean id and sub id. Is ID for the line and subID for the row ? If yes, how can i know the subID when the LPDRAWITEMSTRUCT give me only an ID ? thank's for help :) yoshi wrote: >i want to draw my control list items with OnDrawItem : >but how to know in witch rows is the item ? > >I don't really understand what mean id and sub id. > > Is ID for the line and subID for the row ? > > If yes, how can i know the subID when the...

How to toggle Sales Tax for all items in a transaction in RMS?
We have a client who uses Customer Based Sales Tax. They have two sales tax schedules (FL & NC) which are controlled by Ship To State. They have both walk in traffic and also sell and ship items to other states. This all seems to work just fine. They also have the WALK IN CUSTOMER sales tax option set to the state where the retail store is (FL). That feature works fine if a customer is not selected during the sales process in POS. The problem occurs when a regular customer from another state (say Indiana) walks into the store to buy something. When they enter the customer into POS,...

can't import all messages from OE to Outlook
I have been trying to import an my messages from OE to Outlook 2003 everything works fine except not all messages transfer. I get the older ones from 7/2005 and later but the newer ones don't. I made a new file that had old emails and broke up the inbox and then it transfered. Any thoughts? If you import the modified date is changed to import date, which may impact on the 'View' in OL. You should have exported, OE > OL "rizzo66" <rizzo66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B15EB6C-91E4-468D-A720-6D588C59EA47@microsoft.com... > I have been t...

copy and paste running total to another sheet
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CA4C0D.576CE2C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi there,=20 I did this once before, but forgot: I could drag and drop a column total = from one sheet to another sheet so that if the column total changed in = sheet A, for example, the corresponding number in sheet B would change = automatically... How to drag and drop this column total? Thanks, Gordon ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CA4C0D.576CE2C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1&qu...

Report that prints PO items
We need a report that prints all PO with thier respective Items. We pnly found the PO report that only display just the PO header line. Where in RMS reports is this option? check your gmail. "RicoTowers" <RicoTowers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:935C72F9-BF40-47C2-9236-20150FA5C2F4@microsoft.com... > We need a report that prints all PO with thier respective Items. We pnly > found the PO report that only display just the PO header line. > > Where in RMS reports is this option? > Ramon. Modique un reporte, si necesita ayuda aviseme &...

Import using schema.ini file
Related to my earlier post about importing tab-delimited data to a .adp (Access project), I found a reference which asserts that you can't use import specifications with a .adp (as I found) but must use a schema.ini file. I've only found sketchy details of this file's spec, but when I've tried it, there's no evidence that the Import wizard is using it. I have put the schema.ini in the same folder as the text file to be imported and the contents are as follows: [mytextfile.txt] ColNameHeader = False CharacterSet = ANSI Format = TabDelimited Col1=MyCol1 Char Width 2....., e...

Using a button to copy contents of one file into another.
I have a form with 2 address physical address and Mailing address. Frequently the two are the same thing. So I want to have a button that copies the data across. Private Sub cmdCopy_Click() Me.Address2.Text = Me.Address1 Me.cboSuburb2.Text = Me.cboSuburb1.Text Me.State2.Text = Me.State1.Text End Sub Does not work I get an error 2185 that says "You can't reference a property or method of a control if the control does not have focus" Any ideas? On 20/03/2010 11:42 PM, Avid Fan wrote: > I have a form with 2 address physical address...

Import from Excel
I'm importing a spreadsheet from Excel. My problem is that the column of numbers always imports as text. In using the import wizard it does not allow me to check the data type. It is greyed out with the setting as "text". How do I import numbers? Note that once imported, I have changed to text to numbers but all the numbers loose their precision. Hi Import the data into a temp table - run this through a query and use val function (or change the format) in the query. Use the query to either update or append. HTH -- Wayne Manchester, England. "JeffH"...