Export Departments, Categories and Items from One Store To Import

Is there a way to export departments. categories and items from one store
database to import to another store database?

Both stores are using the same RMS 2.0 database, but we have done many
department and category changes and added many other items and we want to
transfer the items to another store, but not have to loose the transaction
data or import the other store's transaction data.

Basically we want to transfer the Categories, Departments and Items (with
prices, etc.) from one store to another and overwrite any items that are
existing in the old store database.

Any thoughts are appreciated! Thanks!

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Importing folders
How can I import old folders from a diskette into my new Outlook Express (under "local folders")? Any ideas? Thanks. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=f...

Line Items skipped in PO Generation
We are currently using Dynamics GP v9.0. Our Purchasing Agent has been having a problem now for a couple of months when printing Purchase Orders - As she enters each item, they show correctly on the screen (1, 2, 3, etc), however upon printing the PO, line 2 (or 3) is left blank and then becomes 3 or whatever the next line item would be. The item is not 'skipped' on the PO, just moved down one line item, thus creating a 'blank' line item so that the vendor then thinks there is a line item missing. Any suggestions? This is happening whether there are two items or 20. t...

How does one view a document created in Publisher.
I have gotten a document (calendar) in .pub format. Word does not recognize it. Is there a viewer? What's the link? I have Office 2000 with the converters installed. Collins wrote: >I have gotten a document (calendar) in .pub format. Word > does not recognize it. Is there a viewer? What's the > link? I have Office 2000 with the converters installed. ==================================== There is no viewer for Publisher files. Maybe you could ask the sender to convert it to a .pdf file. Or you could order the Trial version of Pub2003... which will still function as a viewer a...

Importing five row list from word 2003 to excel
I have a Word five row list I would like to import into Excel in a five column list. Every hundred items or so their is a new heading. What do I do? If it is in a word table you can cut and paste it. But you will have to reformat it. Once you get it into excel you can sort it and delete the duplicate headers. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

One domain on exchange server not accepting connections
I setup a second domain on an Exchange 2003 server, and thought everything was working. Now, though, mail going to the second domain gets rejected, but mail going to the original domain is still working. I can telnet to the original domain, but not to the second domain. I've checked everything I know to check (I've setup plenty of domains on Exchange servers, so I believe I've gotten the setting correct), but I just can't get it to work. The MX records are correct, and mail.theseconddomain.com resolves to the right IP address (the same IP as mail.originaldomain.com), so it sh...

Compare data
Hello wise Excel users, I need to compare a word in a single cell to a group of words. If that word matches any one of the group then I'd like it to return "true". The group of words are currently in a comma delimited text file so I can arrange them however I need to. How can I go about doing this? Hi, Assume the word you want to find is in cell A1, and the string of text you want to search within is in cell B1: =IF(ISERROR(FIND(A1,B1,1)),"Not found","Found") Regards, A -- Please rate my response if you found it helpful. Thanks. "srs710&q...

import of excel sheet
Hello Group, at the moment I am evaluating MSCRM. In the course of this action I face a serious problem which prevents me from proper testing the functionalities. The error occurs, when I try to import some testdata and it states that an activeX-element could not be downloaded and import is stopped. Searching the web and group pages I added my CRM site to trusted websites and even allowed all activeX operations, but the error won=B4t dissappear. Our admin an me searched the active directory for a marauding group policy but: negative. Do you guys know of any other reason for this error or eve...

Can pdfs be imported into Publisher 2007?
I publish a newsletter. Ads are sometimes submitted as .pdfs. I have been using Publisher 2003, which necessitates converting the .pdfs to .jpegs. Will Publisher 2007 import the .pdfs as is? KSEditor wrote: > I publish a newsletter. Ads are sometimes submitted as .pdfs. I have > been using Publisher 2003, which necessitates converting the .pdfs to > .jpegs. Will Publisher 2007 import the .pdfs as is? ==================================== For import into Pub 2007...converting .pdfs to an image format is still the best option. Have a look at the following info from Ed Benn...

Get $500 to your PAYPAL Account by just one CLICK)

How to translate text in a whole spreadsheet one language to anoth
I would like to be able to translate the text in a complete Excel spread sheet from one language to another, e.g. Italian to English using Excel 2007. There is no automated way of doing that. I am affraid you have to translate it yourself. Computers are not good at translating languages. Too many obscure rules and words that don't translate well... -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "hmo1" wrote: > I would like to be able to translate the text in a complete Excel spread > sheet from one language to another, e.g. Italian to English using Excel 2007. Even ta...

export email account #2
was incredibly easy in express. Like som many other things this feature is missing or not at all obvious in outlook. Anyone know how to do it? Getho You can try using the Microsoft Office 2003 Save My Settings Wizard. "Getho" <gethinc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:42bbb2d5$0$27710$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au... > was incredibly easy in express. Like som many other things this feature > is missing or not at all obvious in outlook. Anyone know how to do it? ...

Importing QFX files
One of the financial institutions that I deal with provides downloads only in QFX format, not OFX. Is there anyway to import QFX into Money 2005 Standard? John Kane On 2005-04-29, jkane@ida.org <jkane@ida.org> wrote: > One of the financial institutions that I deal with provides > downloads only in QFX format, not OFX. Is there anyway to import > QFX into Money 2005 Standard? I don't know the answer to this question, but this guy seems to think that it doesn't really matter. According to him, QFX is OFX with Quicken extensions. I don't know whether Money will ...

Defrag private store
OK, please advice. My Exchange Server 2003 priv.edb was about 20Gig and I told all my users to get down to 200MB per mailbox maximum, and they did, but after one week the priv.edb is still at 20Gig, do I need defrag the priv.edb, I thought that this is done automatically by Exchange but I don't think this is a case, is there anything I can do, defrag is out of my option, don't have a room on my Hard Drive for the temp files, please advice. Thanks. Hi, You can perform an offline defragmentation with eseutil /d to make the files smaller (but make a safety copy/backup of the d...

Error 0x80040216 when trying to export customization
Hi, Does anyone has any idea what is causing 0x80040216 xml error when trying to export customization? Thank you in advance. ...

Exporting just an address book?
I am wondering if there is a way to export just a address book and not the whole .pst folder. Any hints would be appreciated... I am running on a Domain so I dont have a Exchange Server on site. Thanks, ...

I would like to export the data from a drop-down list to a table
I have a form with several drop-down lists, I need to have the information in these lists in another document/spread sheet. Is there an easy way to copy the data in these lists to another location? The long way would be to re-type all of it. ...

How do I get the data/xml/export option
My export option is disabled under data/xml tab. What is the exact feature I need to install to get this export xml option. I didn't install all the option during excel installation. Which specific install tab are required during excel installation? thanks Nick One way would be to do a web query, first preformat the cells as text, then do the query (data>import external data>new web query), put in the web site address, select the part you want to import, under properties select preserve cell formatting and do the import -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails pleas...

Importing a table from Access query
What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? Thanks in advance. Hi The way I usually do this is run the select query, click on the top-right box (which selects all records) and use Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste into my workbook. An alternative is to right-click on the query in the Database Window and left-click on Export. In the Save As dialog box, select ..xls type. -- Andy. "Trish" <Trish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BF3DE22-6590-4CAD-9EE1-FC978A3BB63B@microsoft.com... > What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? >...

Greying out a menu-bar item
Hi. I wish to greyout a menu bar item, eg "File" or "Edit". Normally not at problem to grey out things under the menu, eg "Undo" or "Save". So I go: void CInterfaceSDIDoc::OnUpdateOptions(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { pCmdUI->Enable(FALSE); } But it doesn't work! The menu doesn't work, but it's not greyed out. Ideas? You could try getting the m_pMenu out of pCmdUI and explicitly call m_pMenu->EnableMenuItem(id, MF_GRAYED | MF_DISABLED). -- Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This...

Account Category Setups
Is there any limit on the number of account category setups that can be added? I've added a new catedgory, but I can't see it on the FRx side. I'm to a point where the FRx numbers I see are @ 145 as to the category label (since I can't see descriptions. Thanks Merle, There is not a one stop fix for this issue and you may want to follow the steps outlined in KB article 873974 to resolve. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Merle Schwickerath" wrote: > Is there any limit ...

Import data from Excel with main tasks and subtasks
I'm new to MS Project and need help with importing data from Excel into Project 2000. The data consists of Work Request numbers, individual phase numbers for the Work Request, name of each phase, and (phase) start and end dates. I can open the Excel file in Project and map the fields, however, the data shows up as individual tasks. I need to have the Work Request number and project name be a main, or top-level, task, and the data related to the phases be sub-tasks. Here's an example of how the raw data appears in the Excel file: WorkReq# ProjectName Phase# P...

Experts Challenge: MAPI is unable to access Public Folder store items
Goodday to all of you, I have crosspost my messages to several newsgroups. Reason for this is that my previous posts to different newsgroups did not solve the problem. Maybe if I crosspost, there will be an expert that has a solution. Also I am not sure to which group I should post my problem. Maybe this post long-winded, do not see at as material for a novel!!! - I am just trying to explain the exact TERRIBLE situation! ---- ---- ---- ---- I am experiencing a problem with our Public Folder Store. All my users are not be able to access e-mail items in the Public Folders using their Outlo...

Can I reference a filtered item in the Custom Header
I would like to include the currently filtered item in my custom report header. For example: "Dummy Bills for Agency xxxxxxxx", where xxxxxxxx is the currently filtered agency. Can this be done? Here's a link that returns the filter criteria via a userdefined function. It's a procedure posted by Tom Ogilvy (posted by Debra Dalgleish). http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=40BE8AD9.5040505%40contexturesXSPAM.com Jack wrote: > > I would like to include the currently filtered item in my custom report > header. For example: "Dummy Bills for Agency xxxxxxx...

How do I link one database inside another?
I am wanting to be able to click on a button in one database and open another database. Thanks. Why? As in "why open a separate database?" Would it be sufficient to have the tables from both databases linked into a common front-end file? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "julrankay" <julrankay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6DEF9FE-C983-4503-BCD8-75FF0354A533@microsoft.com... > I am wanting to be able to click on a button in one database and open > another database. Thanks. > if you used Access Data Projects then...

Item Lookup Security
Is there a way to setup the user security for the item lookup button (for sales transactions) so that a user is able to see only a selected/ limited list of items and not ALL items? Aman, Currently this doesn’t exist out of the box, but it could be customized in several ways as described below: 1. If you are familiar with Dexterity you can follow David’s proof of concept about data level security in his post below: http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/08/13/row-level-filtering-proof-of-concept.aspx 2. You can create smart-list filtered for the needed...