exception report saves money

my old software had a really important report that rms does not.
it created a recieving report that showed items for which the current
recieving cost is different from the previous recieving cost. then i could
highlight that item for an 18 month history.
this report showed,recieving date, po#, ilc,description,qty recieved,cost,
previous cost,cost differance +/-,  retail price, margin, previous margin,
margin differance +/-
i could query by date range,po number,or supplier
this is a very important tool as it identifies items that may have bad
discounts,input error etc that will cost you money at the register
does anyone have a report like this for rms
0
JLG (20)
3/7/2008 4:24:03 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

RMS Sadly wipes out cost history when you receive items.The best tool I have
found is the item value list which can be formatted to include profit %. I
have gone as far as creating an Excel sheet that pulls the item data and the
PO data and compares the PO cost to the item cost. It is not elegant, but
highlights differences BEFORE you receive your PO. That is the only way to
do what you want. After you hit that commit button, a lot of history is
wiped.

I guess you could calculate the previous cost (if you use weighted average)
if you have all of the purchase, adjustment, and sales history for an item,
but that is a mathematical nightmare. It would probably be easier to create
a report of all POs where an item was purchased. Come to think of it, you
can get there from the item movement report, but you would have to drill
down on each item. Not exactly what you are looking for.

"jlg" <jlg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my old software had a really important report that rms does not.
> it created a recieving report that showed items for which the current
> recieving cost is different from the previous recieving cost. then i could
> highlight that item for an 18 month history.
> this report showed,recieving date, po#, ilc,description,qty recieved,cost,
> previous cost,cost differance +/-,  retail price, margin, previous margin,
> margin differance +/-
> i could query by date range,po number,or supplier
> this is a very important tool as it identifies items that may have bad
> discounts,input error etc that will cost you money at the register
> does anyone have a report like this for rms

jason,
thank you for the response, i used ms access to look at the po database and
feel all the info for the report resides there. however i don,t have the
expertise to retrieve and format a report.
this is really a great tool , i will pursue it farther and let you know any
progress

"Jason" wrote:

> RMS Sadly wipes out cost history when you receive items.The best tool I have
> found is the item value list which can be formatted to include profit %. I
> have gone as far as creating an Excel sheet that pulls the item data and the
> PO data and compares the PO cost to the item cost. It is not elegant, but
> highlights differences BEFORE you receive your PO. That is the only way to
> do what you want. After you hit that commit button, a lot of history is
> wiped.
>
> I guess you could calculate the previous cost (if you use weighted average)
> if you have all of the purchase, adjustment, and sales history for an item,
> but that is a mathematical nightmare. It would probably be easier to create
> a report of all POs where an item was purchased. Come to think of it, you
> can get there from the item movement report, but you would have to drill
> down on each item. Not exactly what you are looking for.
>

> "jlg" <jlg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > my old software had a really important report that rms does not.
> > it created a recieving report that showed items for which the current
> > recieving cost is different from the previous recieving cost. then i could
> > highlight that item for an 18 month history.
> > this report showed,recieving date, po#, ilc,description,qty recieved,cost,
> > previous cost,cost differance +/-,  retail price, margin, previous margin,
> > margin differance +/-
> > i could query by date range,po number,or supplier
> > this is a very important tool as it identifies items that may have bad
> > discounts,input error etc that will cost you money at the register
> > does anyone have a report like this for rms

0
JLG (20)

Money 2004 and Norton Antivirus
When I installed Money 2004 it said I need to setup my antivirus software to work with Money 2004, but when I followed the link, I couldn't find any information on how to do it. I've searched Microsoft's site, but still can't find any information. Has anyone found anything about using Money with antivirus software? "Steve" <steve2896@hotmail.com> wrote in news:#1gyCI7VDHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl: > When I installed Money 2004 it said I need to setup my antivirus > software to work with Money 2004, but when I followed the link, I > couldn't f...

How to modify a Report in Report Writer without actually doing it?
Hi: When you enter a transaction in GP, say a SOP order, and you print it, you have a SOP (Other/Short/Long/Blank) (Invoice/Order/Quote) Form, but when you post this transaction, you get a SOP (Other/Short/Long/Blank) History (Invoice/Order/Quote) Form, the thing is that sometimes the person in charge of entering this transactions doesn't print them, or forgot to do it, or the system crashed and cannot do it anymore or the GP goblin, printed the document and then tore it apart just for fun and now is missing...., etc. So what I want to do is, in case any of the above shoul...

Web upgraded money recover
I downloaded the 60 day trial of Money 2004 6 months ago. I then used the web upgrade to get the full license. My hard drive crashed this week. I have backups of all my money files. My problem is, how can I get a replacement of my web upgrade? I already paid once, is there someone I can call at MS to get a replacement license key, or do I have to purchase it again? Search postings for newsgroup microsoft.public.money using an advanced search at http://groups.google.com. You will find your answer there. And next year, please just go buy the CD like us other folk. "Ian" <ia...

Money 2004 #9
Just 'upgraded' to Money 2004 from Money 2003. One stock investment I track in Money has had several splits over the years. M2004 increased my number of shares by approx 40%. No other investment I track seems to have this problem. As I have the last M2003 entries backed up, I suppose I could try to remove M2004 then reload M2003; then upgrade to M2004 yet again. Has anyone had a similar problem? Any workarounds known? ...

NDR Report
We get this NDR error when someone sends to a particular address: 550 Only 1 recipients accepted with null sender address Again, the emails are sent using Outlook to a listing in our GAL for the Custom Recipient. I have checked the outgoing messages and they do contain a sender address. Any ideas? Thanks. BSchmidt Have you contacted the recipient's admin folk on this? BSchmidt wrote: > We get this NDR error when someone sends to a particular address: > > 550 Only 1 recipients accepted with null sender address > > Again, the emails are sent using Out...

Custom Item Movement Report
Anyone out there have a custom item movement report and item movement history report that includes extended description that they would be willing to share? Thanks! -JIM That was a pretty tricky request but I was able to make the change. Download the reports here: http://www.newestech.com/downloads/itemmovement.zip If you cannot download from there shoort me an email and I will send over. Check out our RMS add-ons website in exchange.. http://www.newestech.com/POS/extensions.htm Casey Hanson New West Technologies chanson@newestech.com Hi, Can you do one with "Transferred To"...

Money 2006 file repair application error

MS money 2004 Deluxe canadian edition
Is there a money 2004 deluxe canadian version? I have found the Standard edition everywhere, but not the Deluxe. I am using the trial version and it will expire soon, but when I try to buy the Canadian version, MS Money keeps taking me to US only version purchase options. The MS Money web site couldn't have been less helpful. Derrick In microsoft.public.money, Derrick wrote: >Is there a money 2004 deluxe canadian version? I have >found the Standard edition everywhere, but not the Deluxe. No Deluxe. > >I am using the trial version and it will expire soon, but >...

Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version?
I have been looking for Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version and I cannot find it. Where can I get one? There isn't one. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/422.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "masai" <masai_chadi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:op.tm81u5pvdvcnul@dikutoto.gv.shawcable.net... >I have been looking for Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version and I >ca...

Outlook offline reports not available
I have setup most of my CRM 4 users with the Outlook client, which seems to work considerably better than that in CRM 3. However, when the clients are traveling and unable to attach to the Internet, the reports are not available. Is there any way to make the CRM reports available offline. The SQL database is loaded on each of the user PCs and everything else seems to be working just fine. Any assistance will be appreciated. -- Petej-Boston It is working on our end ok. I would try the following: 1. Setup a test client with a CRM Administrator login and install the 4.0 CRM Outlook ...

Z Report shows zeros for an entire shift
How do I correct the problem described above? All receipts are printed correctly, and all transactions seem to be successful. However, the Z report that is run at the end of the shift prints all zeros? Any ideas??? I am having the same problem. All the transactions are successfull and I can see the sale amounts and etc at crstal reports but all the z, zz and x reports print "$0.00" amount. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? "Maakus" wrote: > How do I correct the problem described above? All receipts are printed > correctly, and all transactions seem t...

IWAN & IUSR bei Crystal Reports? *help*
Hi NG, my problem is that i can see the crystal reports, but when i open one i get "more information is needed". But till yesterday i could open reports!! Now after some search i see that i have no IUSR_servane and no IWAM_servername. how could this happen? My system is AD, SQL, CRM and each of them is one a seperate 2003 server. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Regards Nicolas F�hrs sound strange with the IWAN and IUSR. I offten have this problem. There are a techknowledge article with 13 resoluti...

Passing a variable as a parameter value instead of a literal string to a child report?
In the Navigation section (Jump to URL), I have the following: ="javascript:void(window.open('http://localhost/reportserver?/Reports +Folder/My +Report&rs:Command=Render&StartDate=01/01/2009&FinishDate=12/31/2010'))" This works as designed - a new window pops up with the "My Report" report and the StartDate and FinishDate of 01/01/2009 and 12/31/2010 are passed respectively. But what is the syntax for changing the "01/01/2009" and "12/31/2010" to variables that point to the StartDate and FinishDate parameters of the PAR...

Print Report "Bold" Font Category Name Problems
When I print income/expense reports in MS Money 2006 the category names do not print in bold, making them very difficult to read since they end up as the same font as the sub categories. On the screen, category names are bolded. Does anyone know how to fix this print problem? ...

how to save a resource
Hello, my program creates for example a PHP script file. So I can crete a file by CFile and than use CFile::Write method. It's clear. But because this file is quite long, I had this idea. Save this file to resources and when I will need create this file, just load this file from resources and save it to disk. Is it possible? I really do not how :-( Thank you for your advice Robert See Using Text File Resources in VC++ By DGoins http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/usingtextfile_resources.asp -- Un saludo Rodrigo Corral Gonz�lez [MVP] microsoft.public.es.vc FAQ http://vcfaq.europe.w...

Unable to restore Money file in MM 2006
Greetings once again all... Recently I have had to restore my computer and am now not able to use the money file I previously backed up, no matter what I try. It either asks me for a password or when I do manage to open the money file by clicking File>Open and browsing for the backed up money file, it constantly asks me for my password and when I enter it it tells me that it's wrong even though I am signed in with it in Windows Messenger. And when I do manage to get beyonde the sign in screen it does not display any of my accounts. Could anyone please help? Elaine...

Reinstalling Money 2004
Back in 2003/4 I tried the 2004 Trial and then upgraded online. My hard drive just went bad, so I'm reinstalling everything on a new drive. How do I re-activate 2004 from the trial install? I don't have the non-trail download. I do have my activation code. If you go to tools... upgrade money... it take me to a website that redirect you to buying Money 2006. Thanks. Did you keep your confirmation email? I believe the activation page would be listed in there. The web pages that support the activation should still be up, but I think you need to navigate to them directly. Th...

Z Report Customer Count vs Hourly Sales
My Z report shows customer count of 380 and hourly sales total of 384. Why the difference? This happens all the time. Thanks Your glass is: Half-Empty : Do folks at register forget to ask "Is there anything else I can help you with?" Half-Full: Your impulse items at POS are working -- better late than never! sammy wrote: > My Z report shows customer count of 380 and hourly sales total of > 384. Why the difference? This happens all the time. > Thanks -- ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Locally-Owned B...

Error saving a Shared Workbook
I have a user using a shared workbook and gets an error everytime she does this ONE specific change. She deletes a line and then saves and gets a message that says, "EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be shutdown by Windows... blah blah blah". If she makes anyother type of changes it saves just fine. I also had another user do the SAME change and that person also got that error message. When the file is changed to "Not Shared" then the line is deleted it saves fine also. The problem is obviously with the file itself and that is shared out. can anybody ...

Can I delete everything on MSN Money?
Hello, I seem to have lots of problems syncronizing my MSN Money information with the web. It seems to work fine for a few months, then, for no reason, I start to get syncronization errors. I have signed up for multiple passports, because when these problems start, it seems that I get tons of multiple accounts. For example, on my one MSN Money account I have 15+ old accounts that I can't delete. 1. How do I delete ALL of the information out on MSN Money for my passport account? 2. How do I keep the syncronization from breaking in the future? Any tips or advice would be g...

open/save dialog title broken
The title bar of any Office 2003 program's open/save dialog has just a single letter. Any ideas what's broken? tbone ...

Reporting Services not installed
Hi all, I have installed crm and reporting services but when I go into a report, display it and then hit print I get an popup box saying.... "Do you want to install this software? Name: Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services" Can anyone help please Thanks Jools There's an ActiveX control each client machine needs in order to print SQL Reports from CRM. It's a one-time 5-second install. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Jools" wrote: > Hi all, > > I have installed crm and reporting services but when I go into a report, ...

MVP PLESE; Report Manager
I did all required in installation and when the Report Manager comes up I get no options either under "view or scenario", All I see is "none". No selection in the drop down for any of the 6 out of 20 columns I want to print. Is my Report Manager corrupted? I just d/l it today from the MS site. Running Excel 2002. It's so easy in MS Works. ...

Only one line in Money invoice
I have been using Money 2007 Home & Business to create and print invoices. This program has run with no problems for some time. However, just recently, it will only allow one item to print on the invoice. I can enter more than one item, and the invoice entry will show the additional items, but when printed only one item will show up. I have tried backing up my Money file to a spare disk, deleting the program and the associated mny and mbf files from the computer, reinstalling the program and reloading the backup. The same fault immediately occurs. Strangely, I have now installed the sam...

save imbedded pictures
Got a question... If I try to right-click/SAVE a picture in an Outlook email the format defaults to BMP even if it's something else such as an animated GIF. There is a fix for a similar image save error in IE6 but I can't find a repair for this in Outlook. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978 addresses exactly this issue in IE6. Does anyone know of a similar fix for Outlook? I would love to be able to pull images from my messages without having to forward them to an account pointed to Outlook Express (which will extract images correctly on my system). Thanks in advance! ...