EPSON POS Receipt Printer TM T88III problem

Hi guys, first post here and hope some of you can help or have
experience

I just bought a new TM88III thermal receipt printer (serial) and a
serial cable from the POS-WAREHOUSE ; i am using RETAIL PLUS 2.0
download/trial version to test out the POS.
I have a PC running Win XP.

When I was testing the POS, I have no problems of the POS software
after a transaction is done, we hit ENTER and it will print out an
invoice from our inkjet printer. This mean the POS program is stable.

I have gone to download the driver software A301.gk (or something like
that) from official EPSON  support website and install/configure it.  I
selected serial driver, and COM PORT 1 (serial port 1) and install,
then reboot. After that, i do see a printer driver (set as default).

Then when i try to use NOTEPAD to print out a line of numbers, it takes
a long while for anything to come out (5-10 minutes) and it prints out
some Garbage characters. And when i used the POS software, and simulate
a transaction, hit ENTER/PRINT, the hour glass appears, and like 5-10
minutes, then a receipt prints out with Garbage characters.

I googled some comments, and tried "deactivating" ADVANCED PRINTING
FEATURES, PRINT DIRECT TO PORT, none of them seem to improve the
situation.

It doesn't print properly and it takes a long time ....does anyone of
you have any advise ?

Tks in advance.
Daniel

I have implemented BusinessVision with TM U200 receipt printer before
with my last POS and i found this time round. it is hard.

0
info5142 (1)
2/17/2006 12:50:23 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

BOYTOYS,

You are posting to the Microsoft Retail Management System newsgroup, so my
first advice to you would be to NOT use the Retail Plus 2.0 software.
Secondly the driver you downloaded doesn't look like any OPOS/Windows driver
I've seen. Are you sure you went to the www.epsonexpert.com website?
You may need to register with them before you download the driver.
OPOS ADK 2.50 https://www.epsonexpert.com/Epson_Assets/OPOSADK250SP4.exe
Windows 3.01f https://www.epsonexpert.com/Epson_Assets/APD_301f.exe

Rob

"BOYTOYS" <info@boytoys.ca> wrote in message
> Hi guys, first post here and hope some of you can help or have
> experience
>
> I just bought a new TM88III thermal receipt printer (serial) and a
> serial cable from the POS-WAREHOUSE ; i am using RETAIL PLUS 2.0
> download/trial version to test out the POS.
> I have a PC running Win XP.
>
> When I was testing the POS, I have no problems of the POS software
> after a transaction is done, we hit ENTER and it will print out an
> invoice from our inkjet printer. This mean the POS program is stable.
>
> I have gone to download the driver software A301.gk (or something like
> that) from official EPSON  support website and install/configure it.  I
> selected serial driver, and COM PORT 1 (serial port 1) and install,
> then reboot. After that, i do see a printer driver (set as default).
>
> Then when i try to use NOTEPAD to print out a line of numbers, it takes
> a long while for anything to come out (5-10 minutes) and it prints out
> some Garbage characters. And when i used the POS software, and simulate
> a transaction, hit ENTER/PRINT, the hour glass appears, and like 5-10
> minutes, then a receipt prints out with Garbage characters.
>
> I googled some comments, and tried "deactivating" ADVANCED PRINTING
> FEATURES, PRINT DIRECT TO PORT, none of them seem to improve the
> situation.
>
> It doesn't print properly and it takes a long time ....does anyone of
> you have any advise ?
>
> Tks in advance.
> Daniel
>
> I have implemented BusinessVision with TM U200 receipt printer before
> with my last POS and i found this time round. it is hard.

0
rob242 (534)
2/17/2006 2:54:28 PM
Return it and buy a star TSP-700USB use raster drivers

"BOYTOYS" <info@boytoys.ca> wrote in message
> Hi guys, first post here and hope some of you can help or have
> experience
>
> I just bought a new TM88III thermal receipt printer (serial) and a
> serial cable from the POS-WAREHOUSE ; i am using RETAIL PLUS 2.0
> download/trial version to test out the POS.
> I have a PC running Win XP.
>
> When I was testing the POS, I have no problems of the POS software
> after a transaction is done, we hit ENTER and it will print out an
> invoice from our inkjet printer. This mean the POS program is stable.
>
> I have gone to download the driver software A301.gk (or something like
> that) from official EPSON  support website and install/configure it.  I
> selected serial driver, and COM PORT 1 (serial port 1) and install,
> then reboot. After that, i do see a printer driver (set as default).
>
> Then when i try to use NOTEPAD to print out a line of numbers, it takes
> a long while for anything to come out (5-10 minutes) and it prints out
> some Garbage characters. And when i used the POS software, and simulate
> a transaction, hit ENTER/PRINT, the hour glass appears, and like 5-10
> minutes, then a receipt prints out with Garbage characters.
>
> I googled some comments, and tried "deactivating" ADVANCED PRINTING
> FEATURES, PRINT DIRECT TO PORT, none of them seem to improve the
> situation.
>
> It doesn't print properly and it takes a long time ....does anyone of
> you have any advise ?
>
> Tks in advance.
> Daniel
>
> I have implemented BusinessVision with TM U200 receipt printer before
> with my last POS and i found this time round. it is hard.

0
Rick5747 (287)

Approved Printers
I need to buy a new printer to replace one that printed our GP checks. Does anyone know where there is a list of approved printers for GP? Thank you so much. Todd See the below link for a list the printers compatible with Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0. https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/documentation/systemrequirements/compatibility_gp10.0_printers.htm?printpage=false "Todd" wrote: > I need to buy a new printer to replace one that printed our GP checks. Does > anyone know where there is a list of approved printers for GP? > > Thank you so much. > >...

XSL Problem

IE Problem related to Windows Live
I uninstalled the Windows Live programs yesterday, and now Internet Explorer will not connect to the internet. Message says "not responding." I tried to download and reinstall IE8, but the installation will not complete because it says I have a "more recent version" already installed. I also cannot uninstall IE, because it does not show up on the programs list on the Control Panel. I'm running Vista with all updates current. Any help will be appreciated. Always state your full Windows version (e.g., Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2) when posting in a for...

Right-Click Problems in Oulook 2002
I have a client who is trying to right click his messages in his inbox to get a context menu. But every time he right clicks just one message nothing happens. If he highlights two messages and right clicks one of the highlighted messages he gets the menu. Any suggestions, I am at a loss. I tried a new mouse, detect and repair, changing the mouse setting and I really don't want to reinstall the office package. thank you .. ...

Please Help With Small VBA Problem...
I know I am overlooking something small, but I just cant seem to get a variable (or for that matter the result of a function) from one sub to another. Thats probably not very clear so I am including the relevant portions of code.... Sub WhatToDoWithIt(qCell As Range, qColor As Integer) 'On Error Resume Next Dim AnsWhat As String, ColHeader As String, NumShts As Integer, HeaderRow As Integer, HdrNumOfColumns As Integer HeaderRow = GetHdrRow(ActiveSheet) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Problem is here, can not get results from function on ...

Word Document Problem
While typing a Word document I somehow got the Outook Express "Send" heading at the top of my document. I feel really stupid but I don't know how to get it off. I've no idea what I did to make it appear but I need to make it disappear! Thanks! Click the E-mail button on the Standard toolbar to turn it off, or click File | Send To | Mail Recipient to accomplish the same thing; both are toggles. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

sys menu problem in MDI
I have an MDI with 3 childwnd. Whenever group of views from chiuldwnd type X is shown the childwnd Y views and childwnd Z views are hidden via ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) when changing the activate frame. it works. But when I press the minimize box on the ChildWnd sys menu, i C all the views no matter what type are them. I want that when I press the system menu the other views types will still be hidden and the views of the vurrent type will be shown as minimize, how di I do it ? 10x. J. ...

problem Backing up to thumb drives
When back up to a 4.0 gig cruzer lock thumb drive I get a dialog box that tells me "Money has filled the current disk" "Please insert Backup Disk 2 into the H:\ drive so that we may continue to build your backup." I have 2 of these drives, both have plenty of empty space available and the results are the same on both. I can use a 256 mb thumb drive to back up to without getting this message. Any ideas? Thanks, In microsoft.public.money, BJV wrote: >When back up to a 4.0 gig cruzer lock thumb drive I get a dialog box that >tells me "Money has filled the...

Problem sending encrypted email in OLXP

ACH Check Conversion at POS anybody doing this?
I am currently setting up Check verification or maybe we will use ACH check conversion. I would appreciate any advice or warnings from users who have tried and failed or tried and tried and tried and finally suceeded. We have been trying to get Positive and Abanco and Geti to get echeck verification running for 2 months still no luck. -- RMS 1.3, MSDE 3 Lanes, 5 Back Office Clients XP sp2 Server 2003 sp1 Domain Static IP ...

Can set Epson TM60002 slip printer to print long transactions?
This printer can use OPOS or Windows drivers, and is currently set up as null modem serial 9 pin to male 25 pin to the cash reg, running WinXP. It can do thermal receipts, check verify, and impact printing on slips. Thermal is fine but not desired to be used my the company. Our reseller is quite good but doesnt know the specific set up in RMS to adjust this. When encountering a long transaction, slip printer doesnt know to continue onto the 2nd, etc. slip and keep all formatting intact, it begins its new page / slip at top, ignoring margin settings - very messy. This is really terrible...

Problems when exiting Outlook 2000
Hello to everyone. I Have a problem at work with different versions of outlook. When a user has logged on a pc with windows xp and outlook 2003, his own outlook2000 won't shutdown completely. We are using an exchange2000 server for the mail. And he have MailDeamon for the aliases like : gary@company.com and john@company.com. Do somebody know the problem? And how to fix it? Thanks Greetings NetBlade of Holland Outlook 2003 adds a 4th property to the free/busy information and that drives Outlook 2000 nuts and keeps it memory resident when exiting. Start Outlook 2000 with the /cl...

Autocomplete problem
Hi, When I'm composing a message and typing things in Outlook 2002, suddenly some text appears in blue blue. The text that appears is: [FirstName LastName]. This text appears all the time, no matter what words I type and it is annoying. Can someone tell me how to disable it? Thanks. Try clearing your autocompletion cache. It may be corrupt. Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow key to migrate to the entry) and then hitting your Delete key before you tab out of the field. To clear...

Problem with KB973475 & Excel Pivot Tables
Excel Office Prof. 2003 in Windows XP Prior to the installation of KB973475 we had no problems but now 1. when we add data to a pivot table and go to create a pivot chart report - when prompted to reselect the critira, excel crashes 2. working in a regular excel sheet, wanting to consoidate information, (retrieving data from a pivot table) excel crashes removing KB973475 allows these actions to complete without issue. But as soon as it is installed we have problems. I have read through the FAQ and the Vulnerability Info for KB973475 but do not see what would be a solution ...

Help please ! Creating new account problem
Good Day... When in active dir I go to create a new user exchange doesn't create the mailbox. I go into the user profile in AD but there is no x400 or smtp address. I'm not sure why this stopped working. Any help would be appreciated Are you running Active Directory Users & Computers from a machine where Exhange System Manager has been installed? If ESM has been installed on the machine (and you've tried ADUC on another machine that as ESM), then you might want to try troubleshooting using the following article: 297801 Troubleshooting Check Name Errors http://suppo...

QUICKEN TRANSFER PROBLEMS
Please Help: I am trying to get my Quicken data transfered to Money. I have had it with Quicken. Problem is that my home loan doesn't transfer properly. The ending balances match, but the loan ending date is off. I think this is because the mortgage company changed 3 times. It lists the number of remaining payments as 281 when it is 262. I cannot seem to make the proper adjustments. Also, NONE of my Quicken reports transfered over to Money. Any ideas on that ? Please Reply. Thanks Re. "loan end date"--try editing the series of loan payments. Money calculates the number ...

server and POS on different computers
I have a single version RMS 2. I would like to have the DB on one computer and the store opertion POS on another computer. Is it posible? Any sugestion on how to do that? (calling the DB in store opertation admin anything other than "local" export the database from machine1 to a .bck file install RMS on machine2 with same service packs etc. (Store Operations POS won't work on machine2 without an additional license) use Administrator to create the database on machine2 with same database name restore from your .bck file on machine2 open sql tcp port 1433 in the firewall of mac...

problem to play VCD or DVD on Windows Media Player
Please could you help me in solving problem in Window Media Player? Original error code: C00D10CD Original Error Message: Windows Media Player cannot play the CD. The disc might be dirty or damaged. Media Player: 11.0.5721.5268 System: Windows XP home edition The problem is in trying to play VCD or DVD. At times I can hear sound without video. I would really be happy in somebody could help me. Yours, Tom. On Sun, 23 May 2010 09:27:01 -0700, Tom <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Please could you help me in solving problem in Window Media Player? &...

Trendline equation factor problem
Gurus, When creating a chart with the following specs; Values(y): Category(x) axis labels: 10 20 20 25 30 30 40 35 50 40 I get a good looking chart. Now I wanna have excel make me a linea trendline and I also wanna make excel give me the equation of th trendline. Excel the shows a correct trendline but the equation is of by a facto 10. In this case it says: y = 5x + 15 when it really should say y 0,5x + 15. It seems like it doesn't care about the x axis labels (i it ...

CRM 3.0 Web Site Alert email problem
I installed CRM 30 SBE on our SBS Premium box and it installed fine. It seems to be functional too, even the reports. But i have been getting an email warning: Web Site Alert from SBS 2003 stating: "http://SERVER:5555/MSCRMServices request failed: Critical condition. HTTP Status: 400 Bad Request Response Time (msec): 0. (WMI Status: 0 )" It sends me the email every 3 minutes. I also tried accessing this URL and i get: HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden Internet Explorer error message stating: You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you su...

inbox problems #2
My inbox says I have 3 new messages. I don't.. Its lying. So how do I correct this.. Its not a major problem but distracting. Computers are supposed to be always right.... As a sidelight to this. I deleted the Unread messages, thingy in the favorite folder place. I thought I would bring that back and see if there were some messages that were bad. I read the help file and it says to just click on any file you want to add to the favorite folder. But its gone.. totally and completely there is no Unread Message line to click on.. What's a person to do? See my reply to your late...

Problem with different versions of Access
Hello, I am working on a VBA Access pplication which connects to a SQL Server database. I have a continuous form displayed with data, ad it is linked to a database table, so when I enter a value from my form the data in instantaneously updated in the database. The problem I have is that this form works perfectly when I am developping, and using my developpement environement (with Access allowing me to set breakpoints, go step by step in the code and so on), but it does not work when I use it in the PC of the ending user : in this case, when I enter a value in the form, and click in a...

Exchange 5.5 Restore Problem
Hello, I have an Exchange 5.5 server (SP4), running on NT 4.0 (SP6). We back it up with Backup Exec 8.5, with the Exchange Agent option. I am now in need to restore an old copy Information Store, from a last year's tape, to recover some information. I put together a server, with Exchange 5.5,NT 4, etc. All Service packs etc up to date, and Exchange was working fine. I then proceded to restore the Information Store. The file size of the priv.mdb appears to be correct, however, since the restore, the info store won't start. I receive the following error when trying to start i...

Office 2007 on Windows 7 "There was a problem sending the command to the program"
All of a sudden I have a user that is getting "There was a problem sending the command to the program" when clicking on a document. Second time the document will open. This is a new issue. I am only seeing this on Word for now. -Ben Bring up the Excel options, go to advanced and then scroll down to the "General" section. Make sure that "Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)" is not checked. This did fix my problem Ben Bazian wrote: Office 2007 on Windows 7 "There was a problem sending the comm...