Entering A Price into POS

I'm trying figure out a way to automaically take a % off an item and
enter the regular price into the input field in POS.

In other words, we want to enter a regular priced item at the POS and
have the program calculate 50% off the price on the fly.  This is for a
special item that we have a variety of pricing that need to be keyed
in.

0
jerrypenna (71)
11/17/2005 11:56:22 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Jerry,

Just to clarify you want to take 50% off an item that you have the system
prompting you to enter in the price?

-- or --

Are these items prices already set?
If so, then you can use the Inventory Wizard in Store Ops Manager to set the
Sale Price to be 50% off the Regular Price. Then when ever you add the item
to the transaction screen it discounts the item without any intervention by
the cashier.

Rob

"Jerry" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying figure out a way to automaically take a % off an item and
> enter the regular price into the input field in POS.
>
> In other words, we want to enter a regular priced item at the POS and
> have the program calculate 50% off the price on the fly.  This is for a
> special item that we have a variety of pricing that need to be keyed
> in.

0
rob242 (534)
11/18/2005 12:37:53 AM
We are entering a price at the POS. not one's that are already setup.

We purchase one - of - a kind samples for Christmas and we use an alias
for these samples.  Each item is uniquely priced.  Our alias prompts
for the price which we hand enter.

I'd like the alias to allow us to enter the a price of $10, but ring up
at 50% off, or $5.

When you use the Inventory Wizard on a item that is both prompting to
enter the price and on sale, the price gets zeroed out ($0.00).  I
don't know if it's by design, but I'm sure we''ve lost money -
employees think they have enter a price - which they have - but if you
look on the POS it shows $0.00.  This only happens when items
codes/alias are both prompting for a price and on sale from the
inventory wizard.

But that's a side issue.  I'm really looking for a way to put in a
price at the prompt, but have the POS calculate the % off on the fly -
enter $10 at the prompt and have it ring as $5.

0
jerrypenna (71)
11/18/2005 1:15:35 AM
I don't think that's possible.  If you had regular prices assigned in
inventory, then you could sale price the lot of them.  With a
price-entered-at-POS item, you're not going to get any calculation after the
price is input.

I don't think you can sale price an item when the regular price is zero.

If it weren't for the manually entered price, you could use a custom button
to call a macro that entered the item number, selected that item for
discount, and entered the discount percentage & reason code (if required).
The manually entered price couldn't be handled properly by the macro, AFAIK.

HTH,
Tom
--
The worst words in business:
"We''ve always done it that way"

"Jerry" wrote:

> We are entering a price at the POS. not one's that are already setup.
>
> We purchase one - of - a kind samples for Christmas and we use an alias
> for these samples.  Each item is uniquely priced.  Our alias prompts
> for the price which we hand enter.
>
> I'd like the alias to allow us to enter the a price of $10, but ring up
> at 50% off, or $5.
>
> When you use the Inventory Wizard on a item that is both prompting to
> enter the price and on sale, the price gets zeroed out ($0.00).  I
> don't know if it's by design, but I'm sure we''ve lost money -
> employees think they have enter a price - which they have - but if you
> look on the POS it shows $0.00.  This only happens when items
> codes/alias are both prompting for a price and on sale from the
> inventory wizard.
>
> But that's a side issue.  I'm really looking for a way to put in a
> price at the prompt, but have the POS calculate the % off on the fly -
> enter $10 at the prompt and have it ring as $5.

0
tomg1 (230)
11/18/2005 5:46:02 PM
You could possibly create a custom AddItem hook that would when ever this
certain item is added to the transaction it would prompt for the price and
perform the discount calculations.

Rob