Electronics Line USA Synchronizes Video with the IBM 4690 Retail POS

Electronics Line USA unlocks the IBM 4690 POS and provides real-time
exception reporting with video integration.

Boulder, Colo. - August 22, 2007 -Electronics Line USA is pleased to
announce the release of a new point-of-sale (POS) video integration
with the IBM 4690 which includes the Supermarket, ACE, GSA and Chain
Drug applications.

The solution allows the Electronics Line ETV DVR Series to sync video
from security cameras with the point-of-sale transactions. Retailers
can then produce both real-time and after-the-fact exceptions reports
which help management make decisions that improve efficiencies.

The solution runs as a small background application on the IBM in-
store controller and does not require any software or hardware
upgrades in order to be deployed.

"To our knowledge, this is the only complete 4690 video integration
that allows near real-time exception reporting," said Mike Davis,
general manager at Electronics Line USA. The exception reporting is
done within moments of the transaction or event of interest and can
notify the user via e-mail, SMS/text message, RSS or desktop gadget/
widget.

Users of the new offering are able to add a variety of real-time
reporting capabilities beyond a traditional system which include
refrigeration and facilities monitoring in addition to instant
monitoring of any 4690 event such as a manager override, value card
number or even a particular transaction type.

The integration also allows a user to pull up after-the-fact reporting
to analyze employee performance, or simply search for transactions of
interest such as stolen credit card use, misuse of coupons or
inappropriate customer returns.

When used in accordance with Electronics Line recommendations the
solution maintains PCI compliance, and can synchronize its time clock
with the in-store controller.

Integration with the tlog provides clients with a wide array of
optional capabilities which enable price checkers, handhelds, kiosks,
gift registries and other types of integrations typically requiring
the Store Integration Framework (SIF) from IBM. By enabling a variety
of integration capabilities with the 4690, retailers can extend and
enhance the usefulness and life of their 4690 investment.

The solution can also be extended to provide real-time local or remote
observation for a variety of purposes such as training lanes.

Already a leader in advanced DVR/POS integration, the 4690 offering
from Electronics Line allows its advanced digital video recording
solution to be completely integrated and utilized by leading retailers
that primarily use the IBM 4690 solution.

The DVR offers many industry firsts including the ability to utilize
standard composite cameras alongside the newer IP cameras in complete
hybrid fashion; the ability to record megapixel images with amazing
clarity and detail; the ability to recompress large megapixel images
without visible loss of detail; and, the ability to record 4CIF images
at a full 30 images per second per camera utilizing hardware
compression.

About Electronics Line USA - Electronics Line USA is a leading
developer and manufacturer of a variety of advanced security-related
solutions including digital video, professional cameras, as well as
advanced alarm and automation systems for both the residential and
commercial markets. Its solutions are in use across the globe in a
variety of vertical markets including retail, gaming, petroleum,
education, food service and transportation to name a few. The USA
branch was opened in 1987 and is located in Boulder, Colo.

Electronics Line USA is a subsidiary of Electronics Line 3000 Ltd.,
headquartered in Petah Tikva, Israel, whose facility includes a state-
of-the-art, fully equipped research center and fully automated
production lines.

To learn more about Electronics Line's 4690 solution, visit
www.el-usa.com/4690.asp

To learn more about Electronics Line USA and its full line of security
communication equipment and services, visit www.el-usa.com, call (800)
683.6835 or e-mail sales@el-usa.com.

Media Contact
Dave Nieweg
Electronics Line USA
press@el-usa.com
303-938-1133

Corporate Contact
Mike Davis
Electronics Line USA
corp@el-usa.com
303-938-1133

0
press1 (1)
8/24/2007 2:40:33 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Chase
I have a Chase (was Bank One) checking account and a First USA (was Bank One) Visa. I am using M06 trial. A couple of days ago, after a download, a new account appeared called Bank One credit card and it had transactions downloaded that matched transaction that downloaded in my Visa account. I logged into my Chase web account and noticed it now displayed my checking account and a Visa account that was not there a week ago. I viewed the account number and sure enough it was the same as my First USA Visa account number. I know all about the Bank One, First Usa, and Chase merger (my w...

Carry Line insertion to several Sheets.
Hello, I am looking for help on the following : I am working on a file where several sheets need to have common information on columns A and B. Example : A B Peter Marketing Paul Services Steve Admin etc.. This can be done by 1. entering these information on sheet1 2. using "=Sheet1!A$1"....on the others Problem : if we need to insert a new line (say insert "Kim Sales" between Paul and Steve) then this new line does not show up in other sheets. The only consequence of the insertion is that line 3 on other sheets now relates to line 4 of sheet 1 ...

Appending text to the subject line of a Reply, Foward or new Email
Can I append text to the subject line of a Reply, Foward or new Email using VBA I want to append "Attorney Client Privileged" to the Front of the original Subject before it is sent Thank you Marty Nahtygal mnahtyga@hotmail.com You can write the text into the Subject property of the Item object in the ItemSend event. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Category Manager - Manage and share your categories: SAM - The Sending Account Manager: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en> Am Tue, 30 Mar 2010 18:31:01 -0700 schrieb Marty...

Synchronized Combo Box Not Working
Hello, I have been working on this issue for hours and have spent many days trying to read the board to solve my issue, but I cannot, which is why I am posting this question. I cannot get my drop down boxes to work. I am simply trying to use two drop down boxes and limit the second drop down box based on a selection I made in the first drop down box. Here is what I have so far: Form Name: fBenchmarkJobDetails RecordSource: tBenchmarkJobDetails Fields in tBenchmarkJobDetails JobCode SvyName_ID SvyEffectiveDate SvyJobCode And so on… First Drop Down Box Control So...

Third address line on A/P cheques
Knowledgebase (aka misKnowledgebase) has 3 articles on how to suppress unused lines on cheques and the like. #853430 6/12/04, 862653 6/12/04 and 874218 7/12/04. If any one has used these articles could you please tell me which best applies to V 7.5. Thanks This KB article is probably the best one for you, Description of the rw_SelectAddrLine Report Writer function (862653). 853430 discusses the same method with the RW function but is related to sales. 874218 uses a old method before we had the rw_SelectAddrLine function. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant MBS Services...

POS track shipment bug
Att Microsoft, When trying to sort the shipment in POS- Track Shipment, the only sorting that works is by Transaction number. it is very difficult to find a shipment by Name, and it makes customer service very unfriendly. ...

Lines in graph only if values in fields
Dear readers, I've got a challenge for all. Working at a helpdesk, I've got a question from an user regarding the following situation. User has a sheet with data. In the same workbook, he's got a sheet with graphs. In one of these graphs are two lines. These lines refer to cells D13..CY13 (red line) and D16..CY16 (black line). The cells D16 till AA16 each contain a value: percentages, like 60%, etc. From AB16 till CY16 they're empty cells. This results in the graph that the line stops somewhere halfway, instead of going on till the end of the horizontal line with a 0% value...

Outlook 2000 Auto formatting for email: "The only person on the To line"
I am an experienced user for Outlook and at my old company was using a more recent version of MS Outlook. I have started at a new company that is using Outlook 2000. In my email auto formating I have many of my Filters working fine. However I turn on "The only person on the To line" and it only works on some emails with me on the To line? I think it something to do with Outlook 2000 not being clever with mail aliases e.g. two similar but different emails addresses are used to send me emails but Outlook 2000 only recognises one as "Me". How can I convince OL 2000 that emails...

How do I display 1 line per Invoice Summary w/totals from Invoice Detail ?
I enter Invoice Summary and Invoice Detail information via a Form/ Subform . The Invoice Summary contains only Customer Number, Date, and Invoice Number. The Quantity, Unit Price and Tax information is stored in the Invoice Detail. I want to write a query that will display 1 line for each Invoice number which totals the info in the Invoice Detail records for that invoice number. I want the output to be something like: Invoice Number Invoice Date Customer Number Total Qty Total Ext. Total Tax Total Invoice ---------------------- ----------------- -------------------------- -------...

Outlook 2003 removing "extra" line breaks...
I upgraded from OL2000 to OL2003 SP2 the other day. I had a few problems covered in other threads. Now I discovered yet another strange phenomenon: When I open plaintext email that was generated by a script on our website Outlook shows a message in the top of the mail display saying it has "removed extra line breaks", and the message is now not in the intended format anymore. The message is the result of an on-line request and has short lines with special markers, yet some of the lines have been concatenated into long lines... Where do I switch off this strange behaviour in OL 2003...

synchronize outlook
Is it possible to synchronize all or a portion of outlook between 2 computers that are not connected? I would like to synch my home and work calander atleast. The address book would be nice too. ...

OL03: Changing font of "To", "From" and "Subject" lines
I just installed OL03 on a new laptop for a friend. She's having difficulty reading the To:, From: and Subject: lines in the "Compose New Message" window, and I can't find any options either within Outlook or WinXP itself to affect those. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks. {Jonathan} From the New Message Window: Tools>Forms>Design this form. Right click To:btn. Select properties.Click Font btn. and select font or size. You will probably have to increase the button size also to accomodate the new font size. >-----Original Message----- >I just installed OL03 o...

M06 and MSN Synchronize
I've just upgraded to M06 trial from M04. M04 used to ask me to synchronize with MSN money upon close. M06 does not ask and does not seem to by synchronizing with MSN money. My bill pay and statement downloads appear to be working fine. Any ideas? Thanks, Dave I think that it is an automatic if you have a passport as your password. No choice it just does it. You could log directly into your MSN money central account using a web browser and see if it is current. Dave B wrote: > I've just upgraded to M06 trial from M04. M04 used to ask me to > synchronize with MSN mo...

Video is scambled
When I open a .wmv it opens with sound and the video is screwed up colors and images. When the video stops the computer is frozen. What version of WMP and Windows? This definitely sounds like a driver problem. Update your video card drivers to their latest version. Don't just check Windows Update, but the manufacturer's website too. Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk Dave wrote: > When I open a .wmv it opens with sound and the video is screwed up colors and > images. When the video stops the computer is frozen. ...

Report Writer Line Number
I modified a PO format to only print PO lines if text is in the comment field. This has now caused problems with line numbering. I want to re-number the lines so that the numbering does not skip numbers. For example: PO Line Item 1 and PO Line Item 3 have comments, thus they will print on the PO. PO Line item 2 will not because a comment is not entered. The line numbering field picks up the line number from the PO table, not what is actually printing on the PO. Is there a calculated field I can create to overcome this? You can use VBA script to dynamically calculate this line nu...

Fully Backorded lines on Picking Ticket
Hi, Is there a way to get fully back ordered lines to print on the Picking Ticket Short Form the way they do on the Packing Slip Blank Paper form? I have been trying to do this but with no luck. Thanks very much! Michele Durkin 415-298-1773 ...

How do I do a combination STACKED column and line chart on 2 axis
I want to have a combination chart on 2 axis. I want the columns to be stacked. I want the line to be on a second Y axis....please help! Hi, Create the chart using all the data as a stacked column chart. Double click the series that you want as a line on the secondary axis. On the Axes tab select Secondary axis. The right click the series and pick Chart type to change it the required line chart type. Cheers Andy rwtuning wrote: > I want to have a combination chart on 2 axis. I want the columns to be > stacked. I want the line to be on a second Y axis....please help! -- And...

can you synchronize tower and laptop contacts in 2003?
Hi, I'm runnin outlook 2003 sp1 on both computers. I want to copy the contacts fm the tower to the laptop, but I don't want the tower data to overwrite the data on the laptop for same names because the data on the laptop is current. Can this be done? Thanks, alex Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching...

Line of small red dots.
What does the line of small red dots under all of my street addresses in WORD documents mean ? (WORD 2003 PROF) They're probably actual "purple" and indicate smart tags. See the Help topic "What do the underlines in my document mean?" -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Jesse Barber" <Jesse Barber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43314C43-4D91-45FA-A553-C3805D9D3295@microsoft.com... > What does the line of small red dots under all of my street addr...

Adding second lane microsoft pos 2.0 Access Denied problem.
I have microsoft pos 2.0 on a windows vista business machine. I am running a peer to peer network. The second machine with xp pro is the computer im tring to add the second pos system too. The computers are all in the same workgroup and all the firewalls are off. Im still getting an error message "an error occured while attempting to create users and groups for point of sale. " Then it says access denied. I can see the database on the xp vista machine just when I try to login on the xp pro machine it gives me the error message. Any advice is much appreciated. thanks On Jan 1...

Debug assertion failed (in afxwin1.inl) line 21
Hi, I have an application using MFC. The application code is compiling fine But when the application is executed using debug mode following error is getting generated: Debug Assertion Failed! File: f:\..\..\afxwin.inl Line: 21 Hope somebody could help me out by advising what may be wrong with my code!! On 17 Feb 2007 10:26:13 -0800, "abhichamp" <abhigup1986@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have an application using MFC. The application code is compiling >fine >But when the application is executed >using debug mode following error is getting generated...

RMS Demo CD, same as retail CD?
Hello, Does anyone know if the RMS demo CD is the same as the retail cd? When setting up systems for clients I don't always have the RMS box yet, and would like to install the demo version, then just plug the dongle in once it comes in (to test it). Thanks, Brian Yes. Why aren't you asking this in the resellers newsgroup? -- * "Brian TMS" <BrianTMS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02D381B5-38E7-4961-8257-5D2D3626C955@microsoft.com... Hello, Does anyone know if the RMS demo CD is the same as the retail cd? When setting up systems for clients I don...

Manipulating line comment in SOP invoice
We are using the Invoice Line Item comment to increase the sales information for the Item that's being sold. That is, the user enters additional information in Invoice Line Item. Unfortunately, when printing the invoice, it cuts off the line or doesn't print it completely. We went into RW and see that its a max length of 4 Arrays, we assume only 4 lines per Invoice Line Item. Also, the field we need to fix, based on the RW foem, is the "comment" field of of "Sales line comment Work and History" table. Whats the best way to have the comment line print compl...

Custom charting
This may be difficult to explain but am going to try :) I need to track "Liaison Costs" and "Sorting Costs" by month. I also need to compare "Liaison Costs" to a budget and generate the difference on the chart for the given month, at the same time displaying a stacked bar that shows the "Liaison Costs" and "Sorting Costs". For example: Jan Feb Mar Liaison Costs 15,000 16,000 9,000 Sorting Costs 6,000 15,000 11,000 Budget 15,000 15,000 15,000 So now I need to plot the char...

extend 65.000 lines to unlimited
why still limit the use of more than 65000 lines in excel ? With actuel memory, there should be no more problems ?? Hi 2^16=65536 -- Arvi Laanemets (When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee) "johan dekyvere" <johan dekyvere@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:015248F4-2437-4ABD-913C-1A0787954448@microsoft.com... > why still limit the use of more than 65000 lines in excel ? > With actuel memory, there should be no more problems ?? The problem isn't memory, it's the application code that's used to reference rows. There ar...