Drivers for Dongle keep having to be reinstalled after reboot

Everytime the POS station is rebooted the dongle drivers get uninstalled.
The user gets the copyprotection error message and they have to reinstall the
drivers.

Any ideas?

Bradley
0
Bradley (58)
2/15/2007 8:31:15 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Try logging on as Administrator to install the driver.

Tom
--
Stop fishing for e-mail

"Bradley" wrote:

> Everytime the POS station is rebooted the dongle drivers get uninstalled.
> The user gets the copyprotection error message and they have to reinstall the
> drivers.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Bradley
0
tomg2938 (389)
2/15/2007 8:51:00 PM
Tried that ... Didn't work.

"Terrible Tom" wrote:

> Try logging on as Administrator to install the driver.
>
> Tom
> --
> Stop fishing for e-mail
>

> "Bradley" wrote:
>
> > Everytime the POS station is rebooted the dongle drivers get uninstalled.
> > The user gets the copyprotection error message and they have to reinstall the
> > drivers.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Bradley
0
Bradley (58)
2/15/2007 9:10:30 PM
I had this problem. Got fed up. Reinstalled Windows. Reinstalled SO. Problem
disappeared.

Not a great solution, but it worked...

Backup first.

"Bradley" <Bradley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Tried that ... Didn't work.
>
> "Terrible Tom" wrote:
>
>> Try logging on as Administrator to install the driver.
>>
>> Tom
>> --
>> Stop fishing for e-mail
>>

>> "Bradley" wrote:
>>
>> > Everytime the POS station is rebooted the dongle drivers get
>> > uninstalled.
>> > The user gets the copyprotection error message and they have to
>> > reinstall the
>> > drivers.
>> >
>> > Any ideas?
>> >
>> > Bradley

Wow Jason! Your scaring me now, but thank you... I'd hate to do that.  Anyone
with a less archaic method?

Bradley

"Jason" wrote:

> I had this problem. Got fed up. Reinstalled Windows. Reinstalled SO. Problem
> disappeared.
>
> Not a great solution, but it worked...
>
> Backup first.

0
Bradley (58)
2/16/2007 7:32:10 PM
One thing you might try is changing the driver used. Uninstall the USB
driver from the Device Manager first, then remove the dongle and reinsert it
in the USB drive. When it asks you to select the driver, you will have at
least two choices - one will be in a Windows directory on drive C: - use
this one. I have had problems when selecting the driver from the Store
Operations CD (don't know why).

If this doesn't work, you might be in for some real fun... the good ole'
Windows reinstallation.

I'd like to hear more suggestions, too - this was a good 20 hours of wasted
life for me. Some resolution would make me feel better!

> Wow Jason! Your scaring me now, but thank you... I'd hate to do that.
> Anyone
> with a less archaic method?
>
> Bradley
>
> "Jason" wrote:
>
>> I had this problem. Got fed up. Reinstalled Windows. Reinstalled SO.
>> Problem
>> disappeared.
>>
>> Not a great solution, but it worked...
>>
>> Backup first.

Locate Program Files, Rainbow Technologies, Sentinel System Driver,
SetupSysDriver.
What version of the driver are you running?
If 5.41 that is likely causing the problem, especially if you have Dell
boxes.

Greg
Digital Retail Solutions
www.digitalretailer.com/RMSaddins

"Bradley" <Bradley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Wow Jason! Your scaring me now, but thank you... I'd hate to do that.
> Anyone
> with a less archaic method?
>
> Bradley
>
> "Jason" wrote:
>
>> I had this problem. Got fed up. Reinstalled Windows. Reinstalled SO.
>> Problem
>> disappeared.
>>
>> Not a great solution, but it worked...
>>
>> Backup first.

0
support7094 (156)

Installing Office Home and Student 2007 and keeping Outlook 2000 and Access 2000 from Office 2K Pro
Posting for a friend. He is currently using Office 2000 Pro on a Windows XP SP3 system. He would like to upgrade to Office 2007 Home and Student 2007 in order to upgrade Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Should he uninstall those components from Office 2K Pro before installing the new ones from Office 2007 H and S? He would like to keep using Outlook 2K and Access from the older suite. Will he encounter any problems by having components from Office 2K and Office 2007 on the system at the same time? TIA for any replies. The Office Home and Student will only replace the same programs fro...

IS now does not start on reboot
For some reason now when I reboot win2k3 server with exchange 2k3 the information store fails to start. It starts right up if I manually start after the server comes up. I've tried setting it to restart after failure first second and third times but the service doesn't appear to know that it fails. I guess I could write a batch file to do a net start for it on start up but I'd like to know why all of a sudden it quit working. Thanks, Stan Whats the exact event number and error message in the event log when the IS service fails on startup? "rockymtn" <sschaef...

reocurring emails on server reboot.
It seems that everytime i reboot my Windows 2003 server/exchange 2003 server everybody gets multitudes of old email delivered to them. Any ideas as to why this is happening.?? Dannn Any problems with your SMTP queues? Have you tried disabling your AV client to see if this is connected to the problem? Nue "Dan S." <DanS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:613BFBA0-FBC3-413B-9446-5E93B9D9985B@microsoft.com... > It seems that everytime i reboot my Windows 2003 server/exchange 2003 > server > everybody gets multitudes of old email delivered to them. ...

TRAINING for printer driver development.
TRAINING for printer driver development. I need to take a good 1-2 week course for making printer drivers using the DDK (haven't done any driver before). Can you recommend me where??? ...

HELP: Messages left on Server keep reappearing after deleting them
Outlook 2003 on POP server. I've set it up to keep messages on server for 14 days so I can access them from another computer if I need to. However, when I load messages and delete some from my inbox sometimes the same ones get replenished again. It doesn't happen if I do a Send/Receive, but if I exit Outlook and then restart, all the messages come back again. Is there some way to prevent this from happening? Thanks...Gord -- ______________________________________ Gordon Hopkins ...

How do I keep font formatting in publisher?
I produce a newsletter in 2 forms using Publisher. One form is with 2 A5 pages printed to be folded as a brochure (sent to a printer). If I try to make this single A5 pages (using page setup) some of the font sizes and types change - mostly becoming very big making other text disappear into overflow, requiring almost a complete rework of the publication (28 pages worth). Is there a way to stop the fonts changing? What version Publisher? Is your original layout a booklet using A3 stock, folded into A5? I've tried to duplicate your issue, but I cannot. Before you change the public...

Mail keeps repeating on exchange 2K3 server
Hi all, I have a very strange problem with exchange 2K3 running on an SBS2003 server. They are receiving mail through SMTP and via the POP3 connector. A user did send a mail to three recipients: one internal, one also internal but to the address that is triggered via the pop3 and one to an external user. He mistyped the address of the external user and so he received an NDR report that the address was incorrect. -- No problem so far-- As from that moment, every 15 minutes, the user receive this NDR again and also the second internal user receive the mail every 15 minutes. I can't f...

NAV Keeps finding a virus in non-existant files!
We run Norton Antivirus CE (V7.5) on our servers along with the Exchange aware plug-in. I monitor the Symantec System Console and it keeps showing our Exchange server as having a virus. When I check the log, I see that it keeps saying that it found a virus in about 100 files. They all are in the C:\EXCHSRVR\imcdata\in directory. However, when I look there, I don't see it. They are all of the form 1N6JG6Q7. I've searched the entire drive and they are no where to be found. Any ideas on how to investigate this further?? -- Regards, Hank Arnold You need to exclude the Exchange folde...

why do I keep being asked to enter network password?
This is driving me insane! Every time I open Outlook it asks me to enter my network password for one of my e mail accounts. It doen't do it on my Netbook which uses Outlook Express. It won't receive any e mails sent to this account and it won't remember the password even though I tick the box. Aaagghh! Help please! Mike What version of Outlook? What version is your O/S? "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:099817C5-9D57-42DC-A3B1-91B114184195@microsoft.com... : This is driving me insane! Every time I open Outlook it ...

Word 2007 in Win7
I'm running Word 2007 on my Win7 Ultimate x64 system. The window for my word document keeps changing size. I will set the window to cover 1/2 of the horz width and the full height of my screen. 1) When I close word and reopen it is about half the height of my screen and less than 1/2 the width of my screen plus the window is offset from the last position. 2) I resize and position the window, click on something in the TOC, word advances to the correct location but at the same time it will resize my window to half of the vertical screen height. 3) If I've used the auto sh...

Template keeps requiring resizing/fitting after data imported
I have a template to re-import text files and the column headings and column sizes keeps adjusting for some of the columns. Is there any way to keep the settings from the template the same once the data is imported ? Any ideas or suggestions ? I'm using Excel 2003 TIA George Your might record your headings and column sizes in a macro. Either create a macro button and call the result from there or call it from worksheet change. The latter requires no effort to update. Depending how your worksheet is used it may give an unacceptable performance hit. -- Steve "George Lewyck...

Keep Lines Together; Keep with Next

Keep orginal size of different height rows with specific data
I've typed up all my recipes from all my cookbooks into a worksheet. Some rows are therefore different heights because of the content of the cell. Following a 'sort' the row sizes remain as they were even though the information inside has changed ie if 1 row measures 30 because of the data it contains after I sort, if the row now has less data, it still remains at 30 - when what I want is the row size to move with the original data. Can anyone help please as everytime I sort now I have to review the whole worksheet everytime adjusting the row height. It is not practical ...

Outlook wont start keeps shutting down
Am I being ignored or doesnt anyone there have a clue as to why I cant use Outlook. Please HELP! Error Message is.. "Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library Runtime Error Program C:\Progra~1\Micros~2\Outlook.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unuasual way. Please contact the application support team for more information." And then it shuts outlook down. Looked in event viewer and SNDsrvc started at or close to same time .dont know what that is...no reference to outlook..please help?? ... .. Running Norton? Either disable the Norto...

how to keep all my emails messages back to my outlook express after windows xp re-installation
My laptop recently is infected by Trojan virus and now get cleared by NOD32. Some .exe files in the system have been however damaged. I would like to re-install Window XP again. But I worry that all my emails kept in last 3 years will be gone in the new outlook express. How could I keep and use them in the new OE same as before. Thanks for advice. -- Paul Take your pick. (Yes, you will lose your messages if you don't back them up). Backup & Restore: http://www.insideoe.com/backup/ Backing up and Cloning your OE Identities: http://www.insideoe.com/backup/clone...

Reinstall Exchange Server #2
We have an Exchange Organization which had a 5.5 server and a 2003 server. We'd moved only 2 mailboxes to the 2003 server when it crashed. There was no backup. Fortunately, we were able to copy all the files off that 2003 server. There are 2 issues right now: The first is the mailboxes that were on that 2003 server. It would be really nice to get that data back, but it's not priority #1. The second issue is that our 5.5 server runs Internet Mail Service, so all inbound messages are being queued up on the 5.5 server bound for the 2003 server (400 and counting). What we would l...

money keeps downloading the same transactions over and over
Please Help! Money keeps downloading the same transactions from 3 days ago. I delete them , they come back.I keep them as mistakes and make the amount zero, they still come back. How do I stop this loop? In microsoft.public.money, nitnoy wrote: >Please Help! Money keeps downloading the same >transactions from 3 days ago. I delete them , they come >back.I keep them as mistakes and make the amount zero, >they still come back. How do I stop this loop? What kind of download? OFX, QIF? ...

How I keep original dates for check numbers?
I'm using Money 2003. When I enter a check number on a particular date, it remains that way in Money until it clears my bank; then when I download the history file from the bank it changes the date to when the check came in. I would rather keep the original date, but can't find anything in Money's help or other sections to tell me how to do this. In microsoft.public.money, Neil Harrington wrote: >I'm using Money 2003. When I enter a check number on a particular date, it >remains that way in Money until it clears my bank; then when I download the >history fil...

Shedule task keeps saying The resource requested does not meet the
I have created a service but when trying to schedule the task it keep giving this Red X on top saying "The resource requested does not meet the minimum requirements of the service resource" Please is there something I am missing? ...

clearing data in a cell but keeping the formula
I am wanting to erase the data from all fields, but keep the formualas in the cells. How do I do that! Thanks. 'Clear User Lists on Control Sheet Sheets("Control").Select Range("A8:E65536").Select Selection.ClearContents Range("A5").Select Sheets("Control").Cells(5, 1) = UCase(Sheets("Control").Cells(5, 1)) Access doesn't have cells. Therefore I think that you are in the wrong discussion group. Try Excel. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder....

TCIP.SYS driver
I ran Best Practices Analyzer Tool and I received a notice saying the version of TCPIP.SYS installed on server ..... may cause connectivity issues in some networking configurations. If you are experiencing network connectivity issues with this server, please revier the commendations in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 898060. Installed version of TCPIP.SYS: 5.2.3790.1830 (srv03_sp1_rtm.050324-1447). I went to the Knowledge Base for the article and in order to download the hotfix, I have to report a problem and pay for the download? Calls for hotfixes are free. Call the number listed a...

How to sort one column while keeping others row data in sync?
I'm trying to delete data I don't need but I need to keep all Row data in sync while I sort any of the column data. What would I need to do to get this done? Thanx Hi rather than selecting a column & sorting it, click on one cell, then choose data / sort from the menu ... choose your column and sort. Cheers JulieD "newbie" <nospam@spamless.com> wrote in message news:%23TV4K9BVEHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to delete data I don't need but I need to keep all Row data in > sync while I sort any of the column data. > What would I ne...

How to remove lines existe in freez pane keeping the freez pan
There is no way to hide or remove those lines. Biff "kaly" <kaly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8572A9E7-2CBD-417C-B02D-D303BDF250CB@microsoft.com... > ...

Cannot open Project 2007 file, Project 2007 often tries 2 reinstal
Office 2003, Vista Home Premium. One Project 2007 file does open, another does not. The one does not open tells me: Project cannot recognize this file format. Would you like to open this file as text only? If I say "yes", I go into the Import Wizard. I go through that process, interestingly all of the import fields say "OUT OF CONTEXT", and I finally "Finish" and nothing is imported. So it seems that the file is corrupt. But how do I prevent this from happening again? The other strange thing is that Project 2007 often tries to reinstall when...

Ndis protocol driver and windows 7
Hello all, I have a protocol driver that works perfect in windows XP, and Vista, but in the Windows 7 I cant make it binds the same way. If I use the protocol after the machine have booted from a hard drive, its all ok, everything looks just fine, but if I try to boot from my virtual disk ( network backed ) the protocol simply dont bind. I receive a NetEventBindsComplete, but the bind never occur. I have checked the protocol name and all this kind of stuff, and cant find any clue, and as I said, the problem its just when booting, if the machine boots from another disk the bind occur...