DLL Created using vb.net 2.0... Could not create object.

Hi all,

I created a simple DLL for use with the begin tender hook in the POS.  I get 
a message when the event fires saying "Attempt to execute COM object 
'blah.blah' failed.  Could not create object."  Has anyone else experienced 
this or know why and can you point me in the right direction?  Probably has 
something to do with how I created my DLL...just a guess.

KJ
0
KJ (43)
7/20/2006 2:31:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

4 Replies
668 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 36

It's probably because you haven't gotten your dll registered properly 
for COM.  I've done it with VS2003, but VS2005 may have changed 
something.  You used to use REGASM to register the assembly so that COM 
applications could find it.  I suspect that is still the same, but 
again, I haven't tried in VS 2005.  Check MSDN for info on registering 
you assembly for COM...

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com
----------------------------------------------
Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
newsgroup so that all can share the information.


KJ wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> I created a simple DLL for use with the begin tender hook in the POS.  I get 
> a message when the event fires saying "Attempt to execute COM object 
> 'blah.blah' failed.  Could not create object."  Has anyone else experienced 
> this or know why and can you point me in the right direction?  Probably has 
> something to do with how I created my DLL...just a guess.
> 
> KJ
0
glenn9672 (1267)
7/20/2006 3:01:59 PM
Hi Glenn, Thanks for the quick reply...I will check out MSDN.

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> It's probably because you haven't gotten your dll registered properly 
> for COM.  I've done it with VS2003, but VS2005 may have changed 
> something.  You used to use REGASM to register the assembly so that COM 
> applications could find it.  I suspect that is still the same, but 
> again, I haven't tried in VS 2005.  Check MSDN for info on registering 
> you assembly for COM...
> 
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> ----------------------------------------------
> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
> 
> 
> KJ wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > 
> > I created a simple DLL for use with the begin tender hook in the POS.  I get 
> > a message when the event fires saying "Attempt to execute COM object 
> > 'blah.blah' failed.  Could not create object."  Has anyone else experienced 
> > this or know why and can you point me in the right direction?  Probably has 
> > something to do with how I created my DLL...just a guess.
> > 
> > KJ
> 
0
KJ (43)
7/20/2006 3:44:02 PM
I have created 2005 DLL's, but I could only get them to work on my machine 
that had vb.net 2005 installed unless I created an install package and ran 
the install package on other machines.  REGASM didn't seem to cut it in 2005.

Chris 
LANAC Technology
clabadie@lanactech.com

"KJ" wrote:

> Hi Glenn, Thanks for the quick reply...I will check out MSDN.
> 
> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
> 
> > It's probably because you haven't gotten your dll registered properly 
> > for COM.  I've done it with VS2003, but VS2005 may have changed 
> > something.  You used to use REGASM to register the assembly so that COM 
> > applications could find it.  I suspect that is still the same, but 
> > again, I haven't tried in VS 2005.  Check MSDN for info on registering 
> > you assembly for COM...
> > 
> > Glenn Adams
> > Tiber Creek Consulting
> > http://www.tibercreek.com
> > glenn@tibercreek.com
> > ----------------------------------------------
> > Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
> > newsgroup so that all can share the information.
> > 
> > 
> > KJ wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > > 
> > > I created a simple DLL for use with the begin tender hook in the POS.  I get 
> > > a message when the event fires saying "Attempt to execute COM object 
> > > 'blah.blah' failed.  Could not create object."  Has anyone else experienced 
> > > this or know why and can you point me in the right direction?  Probably has 
> > > something to do with how I created my DLL...just a guess.
> > > 
> > > KJ
> > 
0
clabadie (5)
7/20/2006 9:09:02 PM
I was able to create a couple DLL's and get cashier, transactions etc...but 
in order for RMS to find the DLL's they have to be in the "Store Operations" 
directory.  Is there something I have missed?  I thought I would be able to 
create a directory under "Store Operations" called "AddIns" and put the 
plugins I create in there...

KJ

"clabadie" wrote:

> I have created 2005 DLL's, but I could only get them to work on my machine 
> that had vb.net 2005 installed unless I created an install package and ran 
> the install package on other machines.  REGASM didn't seem to cut it in 2005.
> 
> Chris 
> LANAC Technology
> clabadie@lanactech.com
> 
> "KJ" wrote:
> 
> > Hi Glenn, Thanks for the quick reply...I will check out MSDN.
> > 
> > "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
> > 
> > > It's probably because you haven't gotten your dll registered properly 
> > > for COM.  I've done it with VS2003, but VS2005 may have changed 
> > > something.  You used to use REGASM to register the assembly so that COM 
> > > applications could find it.  I suspect that is still the same, but 
> > > again, I haven't tried in VS 2005.  Check MSDN for info on registering 
> > > you assembly for COM...
> > > 
> > > Glenn Adams
> > > Tiber Creek Consulting
> > > http://www.tibercreek.com
> > > glenn@tibercreek.com
> > > ----------------------------------------------
> > > Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
> > > newsgroup so that all can share the information.
> > > 
> > > 
> > > KJ wrote:
> > > > Hi all,
> > > > 
> > > > I created a simple DLL for use with the begin tender hook in the POS.  I get 
> > > > a message when the event fires saying "Attempt to execute COM object 
> > > > 'blah.blah' failed.  Could not create object."  Has anyone else experienced 
> > > > this or know why and can you point me in the right direction?  Probably has 
> > > > something to do with how I created my DLL...just a guess.
> > > > 
> > > > KJ
> > > 
0
KJ (43)
7/21/2006 2:58:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Banking Services Update Problem #2
I have successfully completed all of the steps as provided for in the update instructions. Initially updates were received as usual. However, now all of the accounts that were disabled and set-up again are failing to update. Message received is "Update unsuccessful" and call summary message is "Microsoft Money could not update your account. Please try to update your account again." Also after updating, the accounts that were updated never displayed a password text box. I went through the disable and set-up process again and still no password text box on the upd...

Net send
Hello, I have designed a userform in excel that allow's a user to send messages via Windows "net send" facility. I would like to expand on this concept and allow users who have access to the tool to be able to communicate via the userform - a homemade messenger so to speak. I'm guessing this is extremely difficult, if not impossible to do but thought it was worth investigating, is it possible for excel to capture a "net send" message received on the PC it's loaded on, and then display it in a userform? If it's possible how would I do it? Thanks ...

Autonumber created.. problems in the future?
I managed to create an autonumber in Microsoft CRM. I did this by making a field "Number"(in the database "New_Number") and I published it on the form. Then I went To the SQL server and I changed the field in the table to Identity Yes, Identity seed 1, Identity Increment 1. I locked the field on the form. It worked! I think that this is not supported by Microsoft. But has anybody got any idea which troubles i could get with this configuration? San ________________________________ Do you know all add-ons for Microsoft CRM? Visit http://www.pimpmycrm.com The biggest dange...

More Columns #2
I am using all columns through IV on one of my worksheets. Does anyone know how to get more columns? Hi stacy know way using Excel. this is the maximum! -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Stacy Haskins wrote: > I am using all columns through IV on one of my > worksheets. Does anyone know how to get more columns? As Frank said, that's the maximum cols But maybe you could try transposing your table / data ? (Excel has a lot more rows than columns) If so, try: http://tinyurl.com/2nmyy for an example on using TRANSPOSE() For a one-time Tranpose: Copy > Paste Specia...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07
Good Day board, Quick and to the point. I'm installing a trial copy of Microsoft CRM 3.0 that I got at a computer conference recently and I've gotten everything to work in the System Requirements dialog except that it's telling me that "The minimum required version is SQL Server 2000 SP4 (8.0.2026)". Strange this is that I do believe that I have SQL Server 2005 installed on the machine. Any idea how to be absolutely sure of what version I have installed? Have you choosed the right name of SQL server during installation set- up?` You have to make it sure if it is ...

Using Relative path for XML data file?
Is there a way to specify a relative path to an XML data file imported into Excel 2003? I am writing a web app that generates report data as XML for the user to download to their local machine. This data is to be consumed by an Excel reporting spreadsheet, which contains display-formatted tables and charts that are mapped to various data fields in an XML Map, which is in turn linked to the xml data file they will download. The idea is the user only needs to download the data for updates, not the whole spreadsheet. However, since I cannot predict the path where the user will store their...

How to repair a .dll file in IE8
Several days ago I noticed in my Dependency Walker that the IESHIMS.dll files has a yellow circle with a question mark on it. What does this mean and How do I repair it? OS: Windows Vista Home Premium Browser Internet Explorer 8 -- TW Hi, See the History tab on that dialog. A web search for ieshims.dll files will also help you find a solution for that file. Regards. "TW" <TW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63E61463-D766-4ABC-B081-BFA8C04FB159@microsoft.com... > Several days ago I noticed in my Dependency Walker that the IESHIMS....

Linking files 2 ways
I have a work book that is linked to another and vise versa. As thus: Workbook A is where the input of data is made; Workbook B has a link to the input from workbook A; Workbook A retrieves the altered data back as a link. Although this all works fine with both books open, I note that if I open workbook A by itself, that the data it retrieves from Workbook B is not updated . If However, both books are open, there's no problem. I thought linked books were updated automatically if the Update remote references has been selected?? But it appears that the second book is not updated until it ...

Formula without using numbers after decimal in the answer
I have a formula that derives the answer from a figure with a decimal. I don't want to use the figures after the decimal. Is there a way to just use the whole number and omit the numbers after the decimal without having to manually key in all these numbers manually? Thanks, Mustang You can use the INT function. This 'rounds down' any number to th nearest integer, e.g. if A1=2.567, a formula in B2 of =INT(A1) return 2 HTH Bruc -- swatsp0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?...

explanation of codes in Visual Basic when creating User form
Hi, I am trying to create a user form in Visual Basic however I'm trying to teach myself by reading/watching tutorials. (www.contectures.o.ca, etc) A lot of the instructions I am seeing simply give the code rather than explain how to actually write one from scratch. So... I need to know what each 'term' means so I can understand how the codes work. Any help is much appreciated :) One of the first codes is for the Add button Private Sub cmdAdd_Click() Dim iRow As Long Dim ws As Worksheet Set ws = Worksheets("PartsData") What d...

Disable Secure Sockets Layer on exchange server when using RPC over HTTP
Hi im trying to enable RPC over HTTP to enable users to establish contact to my Excahger server 2003 over the internet. Now, I dont want to use SSL (security not that important) and i am told by this article that i can disable SSL in windows registry. Quote: Note While RPC over HTTP does not require Secure Sockets Layer, you must modify the registry to enable RPC over HTTP if you do not want to use Secure Sockets Layer. Microsoft recommends that you enable and require Secure Sockets Layer for your RPC over HTTP communications. At this address: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=833401 But i ...

Certain Keys/Characters not recognised when creating a task
I've just attempted to create a task and the edit control for the subject of the task refused to accept the characters c h s t u and v. I was able to switch to other applications such as a command prompt and internet explorer and type the characters quite happily (so there is nothing wrong with the keyboard) but when I switch back to Outlook it will not recognise them. I'm using Outlook2003 as installed with Office 2003 Professional (SP1 and all other updates applied). As a last resort I closed down Outlook and restarted the program which is now accepting the keys/characters. A...

Goal Seek #2
Can anyone tell me a little about goal seek? Hi basically it's used to change an input variable so that the result of the formula equals what you want it to ... say i have the following A B C 1 10 20 =A1+B1 now C1 will give me 30, but if i want to know what B1 will need to be if i want C1 to show 50, i can use goal seek Set C1 to value of 50 by changing B1 Hope this helps Cheers JulieD "Jamie Hart" <jhart@emaple.net> wrote in message news:u3OscELdEHA.244@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Can a...

How do I Remove a Split from my Comments in Excel 2003? #2
I have set my current workbook to split/freeze the first column and first 2 rows. Now, when I add a comment to the second row (in any column) my comments are cut off if I should scroll down. I don't ever remember the behavior before. And I don't know what I've done to enable it but it's really annoying. How do turn this off ? ...

How to create an autonumber field?
hi i need to create an autonumber field to automate account numbering. how can i do this? thanx You can do this using a post callout piece of code so when you update an account this code is called which calls back into the platform and works out the last account number then adds one to it and updates the account record. look on msdn.microsoft.com under crm for examples -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ABFF244-EC0A-48EC-9E76-7CA61E6EBC3A@microsoft.com... > hi > > i need ...

Contacts in Exchange #2
We are running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. I have tried to give a user rights to her boss's contacts through delegation and setting the rights on the contacts folder, however, while she has the rights she is unable to add or see her boss's contact folder in her Outlook. She can see it if she runs a search, but can not permanently put it in her list of contact folders. IS there a way that I can accomplish this through the back-end? Thanks, Joseph rapoport jrapoport@insurmark.net ...

Offline Synchronization Problem #2
I get the following error when I try going offline. The excelption is taken from Event Viewer of the Client Machine. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMOfflineSync Event Category: None Event ID: 6000 Date: 3/25/2008 Time: 5:03:33 PM User: N/A Computer: WINXP Description: An error occurred during Offline Synchronization. Try going offline again, or restart Microsoft Outlook. saInsert failed for entity 'ActivityMimeAttachment', batchRows=0 with exception System.FormatException: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument li...

ungroup object in publisher
Hi I did a project about two weeks ago I grouped the items and saved it ,now I want to alter some text but if wont ungroup If the text is still text and not an image, you should be able to edit it without ungrouping. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "docherty" <docherty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38CE759B-F3D4-4862-A00A-653ED3573C0B@microsoft.com... > Hi I did a project about two weeks ago I grouped the items and saved it ,now > I want to alter some text but if wont ungroup...

using the journal on outlook
Once I link an email to the journal, can I still find that email in my mail box? I seem to be able to get to it only via the journal. If this is the way it is supposed to be, how do I remove it from the journal and get it back into my mail box? Am I just missing something? -- thanks, Independent Are you linking to the item or putting a copy into the journal item? Also, has the item been archived or not? "Independent" <Independent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:868279F2-53C8-403A-97F5-604CEECD873C@microsoft.com... > Once I link an email to the journ...

ERROR: 5.1.2 or other punctuation after the recipient's email address.
I am trying to send a email to a group address I created with 58 addresses in it. When I try to send the email to this group I get the following Error: "5.1.2 or other punctuation after the recipient's email address. " I have gone back to the original contact cards and made sure the addresses were all legal. I have re-created the list, same problem I have re-booted, same thing. Any thoughts out there? Thanks Dunc My wife and I have MBP's and are both running MS Office for Mac's, Entourage 12.2.3. Both of us have messages cued up in the out boxes th...

Object pivot point
Is there a way to change the point at which an object will rotate? Or will it always rotate about the center? For instance, I would like a square to rotate about each corner. Thanks, Dave B You really need to invest in a drawing program. Serif has a free offering, DrawPlus 4. If you want the full feature version 6 it is $10.00. I use CorelDraw, it is simply a matter of moving the pivot point to the corner. I can't be sure Serif has this feature. I do know Publisher does not. You can use ruler guides to place your object and use the "format autoshape" to control the amount ...

Let me use the Line Color icon on charts
It would speed up a lot of my work if I could use the Line Color icon on Excel charts, the same way I am able to use the Fill Color and Font Color icons. However, when I highlight any chart object, like the Plot Area, Chart Area, or a Series, the Line Color icon is disabled. -- Stuart Bratesman, Jr., MPP Muskie School of Public Service Univ. of Southern Maine Portland, Maine ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If ...

Increment A2 from A1 and A2 Sum #2
I have two cells: A1 - manual value B1 - automatic increment = B1 + A1 How can i make it? (=error: circular reference) Note: I have this formula repeated in some lines: = B2 + A2 = B3 + A3 .. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

number format with leading 0
Dose anyone know how to create a number format that would show a leading zero for the numbers 0-9. That is, so that 1 would show as 01. I can do with a text format but would like to retain the integrity of the number. Thanks Try this: Format>Cells>Number Category: Custom Type: 00 Click [OK] Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "Darby" wrote: > Dose anyone know how to create a number format that would show a leading zero > for the numbers 0-9. That is, so that 1 would show as 01. I can do with a > text format but would like to retain the integrity...

I cannot get Outlook to send/receive. Error says object not found
I just installed Outlook2007. I cannot get the send/receive to work. That is when the error says Object not found. If I go to accounts and properties, I run the two tests and they complete fine. What should I try next? Outlook 2007 is the only new program, all the rest are from Office 2003 IMK <IMK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just installed Outlook2007. I cannot get the send/receive to work. > That is when the error says Object not found. If I go to accounts and > properties, I run the two tests and they complete fine. What should I > try next? Outlook 2007 is ...