divide by zero error on purchase order report

On a clean install of headquarters manager I get a divide by zero error on
the standard purchase order report. Regardless of what date range I put in it
generates the same error.
Any one else had this problem?
Thanks
0
RichyRich (14)
3/20/2007 10:04:10 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You have a purchase order in the system with an exchange rate of zero.

Run the following SQL Statement from HQ Administrator:

Select PONumber, POTitle, StoreID, ID, ExchangeRate
from PurchaseOrder
where ExchangeRate = 0

This will tell you which PO is causing the error, but fixing it will be
a problem as there is really no PO Editing function in HQ.

You could use a SQL Update statement to change it, but that is not
necessarily as safe course of action.  See if you can find the PO in
question and investigate what happened at the Store - if you end up
needing to update the record, post back if you need to.

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

RichyRich wrote:
> On a clean install of headquarters manager I get a divide by zero error on
> the standard purchase order report. Regardless of what date range I put in it
> generates the same error.
> Any one else had this problem?
> Thanks
0
glenn9672 (1267)
3/20/2007 3:00:31 PM
Thanks for your help. I updated the records and the report now runs perfectly.

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> You have a purchase order in the system with an exchange rate of zero.
>
> Run the following SQL Statement from HQ Administrator:
>
> Select PONumber, POTitle, StoreID, ID, ExchangeRate
> from PurchaseOrder
> where ExchangeRate = 0
>
> This will tell you which PO is causing the error, but fixing it will be
> a problem as there is really no PO Editing function in HQ.
>
> You could use a SQL Update statement to change it, but that is not
> necessarily as safe course of action.  See if you can find the PO in
> question and investigate what happened at the Store - if you end up
> needing to update the record, post back if you need to.
>
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
>

> RichyRich wrote:
> > On a clean install of headquarters manager I get a divide by zero error on
> > the standard purchase order report. Regardless of what date range I put in it
> > generates the same error.
> > Any one else had this problem?
> > Thanks

0
RichyRich (14)

Syntax error (missing operator) 04-06-10
Hi, I used the following code supplied by Rick Brandt to a message from a 2005 post "Open Forms in Hidden Mode" where user was using one form to open another form to extract data. Dim db as Database Dim rs as Recordset Dim strSQL as String strSQL = "SELECT FieldName " & _ "FROM TableName " & _ "WHERE SomeField = SomeValue" Set db = CurrentDB Set rs = db.OpenRecordset(strSQL, dbOpenSnapshot) If rs.EOF = True Then 'No matching records found (do whatever) Else 'In here values can be extracted by... SomeVariable = rs!Fi...

Build Check File report WARNINGS
When we run our payroll build check file report we see no warnings in the report at all. When we prepare to calculate, the calculate screen indicates that warnings exists. Accounting doesn't recall this happening until after the year end updates were applied. Has anyone else seen this issue? Checks seem to still run fine without error. GP 9.00.0314 SQL Server Thanks Brandon ...

Help on subscript out of range error (VB6/VBA)
Hi, I want to work with multiple excel workbooks en worksheets using a stand alone VB6 application. 1. First I open and close the workbooks and populate a listbox with sheetnames. 2. Then I select some sheets and fill an Array. (This array contains sheetnames from different workbooks) 3. The last step is to open and close the workbooks again and loop (For Each) through the sheets to get the information I need using the above mentioned array. The only problem is that I receive an "Subscript out of Range" error. This error occurs because I'm attempting tot access a workshee...

HELP! **Transfer orders to invoices error
I need some serious help. We just upgraded from GP 7.5 to GP 8.0 and now I am unable to transfer orders to invoices. I keep getting an error that says "Order ORD1555 has no line items to transfer to Invoice INV144408." Order# 1555 does have about 10 line items, which I can view on the screen. I did go in and run the "Check Links" function, but it hasn't done anything. This is our busiest time of year and a really bad time for something like this to happen. Can someone please give me some advice on how to fix this? if this is just one order, why not cancel...

Detail Tax Collected and Tax Analysis report totals should match
The 'Detail Tax Collected' and 'Tax Analysis' report totals do not match. We know the reasoning is that the 'Tax Analysis' report rounds the totals, which causes the two reports to be off by just a few cents to sometimes a few dollars. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &...

Order Count
I have a customer sales database. I use Excel pivot tables to analyze it (external data source in Excel). I want to count the amount of orders but the formula in the pivot table gives me the count of all the items including all the products in each order, if the order has different ship dates and things like that. How can I obtain a figure which represent the amount of all the new orders placed in each month? Excel related solutions go back to the source table. So I figure the solution must be in Access. How can I do that? Thank you! On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 12:32:01 -0800, FA ...

Zip codes that start with zero
I can format the cell as text in Excel and the zeros show up and print fine, but when I mail merge into WORD, I get a zero ONLY as a zipcode. Frustrating. I need to print labels by Friday. WHat do I do? See if this link helps: http://office.microsoft.com/en­-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.­aspx -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Gamba Lisa" <Gamba Lisa@discussions.m...

MSExchangeIS Public Store Errors 1110
We are running Exchange Verson 6.0 (Build 6249.4; Service Pack 3 We are getting the following error 39 times every hour Event Type: Erro Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Stor Event Category: General Event ID: 111 Date: 2/20/200 Time: 6:21:36 P User: N/ Computer: MAI Description Error 0x0 occurred while writing per-user information for <user@outdomain.com> on database "Staff\Public Folder Store (MAIL)". For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. This error is supposed to be solved by the service pack (Q312966). We applied...

We are getting stat=Deferred: Connection reset errors .....
Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I am getting a lot of emails BUT an Exchange admin from another company that sends SMTP email to is saying that he sees a lot of stat=Deferred: Connection reset error messages in his log file. very very weird. Has anyone seen this issue? He can telnet to the server fine etc... plus I am getting email from his company but it is deferring aa ton though. Thanks What version of Exchange and SP level Oliver Exchange 5.5 SP 4 is our IMS. "Oliver Moazzezi" wrote: > What version of Exchange and SP level > > Oliver > >...

Budgets - Bills - Reports
Summary: I have a recurring bill that appears in my budget in the correct category – with the monthly expense of $9.95 and M07 shows that it has budgeted $9.95 to pay for that bill. When I look at that category in several reports, the reports show that I have $0 set aside for that category, and that I am overspent in that category by $9.95. Can anyone help explain how/why budgets and bills seem to have a relationship, but this relationship does not carry over into the actual reports? The Details: I have typed in all of my bills into the bills section. For simplicity, I will only tal...

Object or class does not support the set of events Error
This post is for anyone who has seen this problem. I have posted a solution below. Situation: The error message "Object or class does not support the set of events" occurred in my database just after I received a "database corruption error". The corruption error appeared right after I closed then reopened my database. I assumed this happened because I opened it immediately after it crashed and I had recently set the database to auto compact & repair on close. MS Access asked me if I wanted to save a backup, and I said yes. After this, neither the original database...

OfficeX(purchased) and messages from 2004 test drive
I've installed OfficeX on my new MacBook from the CD I purchased 3 years ago for my desktop Mac. I don't plan to purchase 2004 and I'm irritated to find that I'm test driving 2004 when I don't want it. I don't mind getting upgrades for X but I haven't been automatically offered any. How do I get rid of my test drive 2004 and get on with using X??? Thanks, Sarah saraheag@googlemail.com wrote: > How do I get rid of my test drive 2004 and get on with using X??? Easy peasy. Use the "remove office" tool, empty trash, and THEN install the version of Of...

Historical Aged Trial Balance Summary
I have multiple companies in my system and I have one company where the Historical Aged Trial balance Summary shows vendors with zero balances. All other companies show only vendors with balances. The report options are set to exclude zero balances, but they still appear. Any ideas would be appreciated -- Rich Rich, Since you are running a summary report perhaps it is still showing those accounts because you have unapplied transactions in them. The balance is zero but there are still outstanding transactions in the customer account. -- Lyle U Rich wrote: > I have multiple com...

Report by Sales Rep
RMS should have a report that lets you see the items a sales rep has sold for a given time period. Or does that already exist and I can't find it? Thanks, Nick https://mbs.microsoft.com/downloads/customer/Custom_Detailed_Sales_by_Sales_Rep.zip Rob <nick@realkiteboarding.com> wrote in message news:FNf4e.4650$Kx5.1158@fe03.lga... > RMS should have a report that lets you see the items a sales rep has sold > for a given time period. > > Or does that already exist and I can't find it? > > Thanks, > Nick > Thanks Rob "Rob" <rob@retail...

User Access Reporting
Hello Everybody, Does anyone know of a better way to audit security for individual users that the User Security report? Even with the options set to include Accessible Items only, we're finding the report for a single user runs well over 100 pages. With that kind of bulk, both the generation and review of the reports becomes a major endeavor. We're currently using GP9, with plans to go to 10 this year. Thanks, Jeremy Hi Jeremy Have you looked at the Rockton Software add-on called Security Auditor? I think it will do everything you are looking for and more. -- Fliehigh &q...

Print button on Report form
Hi all :-) =20 Access 2007 Pro Plus, Vista Ultimate SP2 I am preparing a small app for a friend who is handicapped, and am = trying to make things as simple as possible for them to use. I am trying = to limit the number of functions and clicks necessary to accomplish = tasks as much as possible, and would like to try an idea. I want to add a small button on the report form that will print the = report when clicked. I have done this on display forms to print as a = report, but, not on a report form. In trying to add such a button to the = report form in 2007 I am not being offered...

Another oddball WLM error message
When I left WLM running while I went to breakfast this morning, I got another oddball error message. Just the frame for showing the error message, with all the space inside the frame still transparent. Robert Miles ...

is there a way to check flowcharts for programming errors?
I am in an intro to programming class and have no experience with programming. Does the Visio program offer a way to double check your flowchart for programming errors? I am a terrible perfectionist and don't like to turn something in until I have double checked it first. Thanks! Visio does not check interpret the flow chart thus you should implement the flow chart in some programming language and check the results. Deepa -- http://www.EventHelix.com/EventStudio EventStudio 2.5 - Generate Sequence diagrams from a simple declarative language ...

ERROR 20488
I am using GP 7.0. I am helping to set up a new additional company. And I have posted many entries from Sub-ledger model to G/L model, and they worked fine. However, last Friday, when I post from Bank transaction model to G/L model, the system shows: DBMS 0, Great Plains 20488. I searched that in the knowledge base, they said that it might be the Posting Definitions Master talbe is damaged. But the above solution applies to GP 8.0, I only use GP7.0, and my posting is OK before. Can anyone help me on that? Thanks, Gavin ...

Error created when try to Print Preview or Print
When try to print or print preview system is generating an error: "Print titles must be contiguous and complete rows or columns." Used excel for years ever seen this error before. Using Excel 2007 on Vista, we just upgraded to SP2 for both systems. After testing a few times, I notice that system is generating a Name Range with no referencing cell range, the name range is called Print_Titles. If I delete the name range it removes the error message and able to use print preview and able to print. Notice it is occurring more ofter when client is copying a worksheet to ...

Clause order in SQL select query
Are there any rules that govern clause order? Does the parser care? Obviously SELECT must be first but does WHERE have to precede ORDER BY? This question arises because I have a situation where the VBA code would be easier if the WHERE could be the final clause. That way I could have an unchanging SELECT, FROM, ORDER BY string and just tag the WHERE; on the tail. My thinking then turned to whether there is a mandated order for other clauses too. Is there an article somewhere to explain it? -- Len ______________________________________________________ remove nothing for v...

Money Reports #3
I was wondering if anyone could tell me why MS Money counts credit card payments from my checking account as income?? Does anyone know how I can fix the problem? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, jagpit wrote: >I was wondering if anyone could tell me why MS Money counts credit card >payments from my checking account as income?? Does anyone know how I >can fix the problem? Use a single Transfer transaction from bottom of the list under SPECIAL. This assumes you are using "Advanced" register setting. "jagpit" <fbbc83@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:11...

how to insert chart for imported data in a report?
plz reply soon if you know Please use the large white space under the subject to enter a detailed question. It also helps to read some past threads that might pertain to your question (whatever it is). -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "varsha from pilibhit" wrote: > plz reply soon if you know ...

Error 9316
Hi, I've been seeing error 9316 in my logs. Looked it up in technet and found article Q247782 which recomended I set the XAPI concurent connections to 50. It was already set at 50 and I can find no further info. Before I do the obvious hit in the dark I though I'd ask if anyone else has had the same experience? TIA, Pete ...

Excel macro error msg..
Hi I get the following msgbox when I attempt to run a Macro - which is just a simple text string to be put into a cell. " 'xxx'.xls could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct. If you are trying to open a file from your list of most recently used files on the file menu, make sure that the file has not been renamed , moved or deleted." (ok) 'xxx.xls' trefers to a file name that was on my disk - but I deleted - I can't find it after a search. All macros when run, exhibit the same thing..... Tried a goog...