Discrepancies between on-hand quantity and item movement report

We have an RMS DB 6 months old, the on-hand quantities on lots of products do
not seem to be calculating correctly. When we go into item properties and
click on Item Movement since DB was created, the report correctly shows all
the purchases minus all the sales and give a total qty on top which is
correct. However, in some products this figure is often completely different
to the On-Hand quantity.

The only thing that I can think of that is different about the use of this
DB is that instead of adding stock through purchases, stock is added by
manually adjusting the on hand figure. However, this shouldn't create a
difference between on-hand and item movement history.
0
KeithSRS (11)
9/12/2007 4:24:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue - I do a movement report
for all dates, but the on hand quantity does not match. Strange.

"Keith - SRS" <KeithSRS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have an RMS DB 6 months old, the on-hand quantities on lots of products
> do
> not seem to be calculating correctly. When we go into item properties and
> click on Item Movement since DB was created, the report correctly shows
> all
> the purchases minus all the sales and give a total qty on top which is
> correct. However, in some products this figure is often completely
> different
> to the On-Hand quantity.
>
> The only thing that I can think of that is different about the use of this
> DB is that instead of adding stock through purchases, stock is added by
> manually adjusting the on hand figure. However, this shouldn't create a
> difference between on-hand and item movement history.

I did figure it out, if you start your DB with imported data including
on-hand quantities, this 'opening stock' does not show up on item movement
report!

"Jason" wrote:

> Did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue - I do a movement report
> for all dates, but the on hand quantity does not match. Strange.
>

> "Keith - SRS" <KeithSRS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have an RMS DB 6 months old, the on-hand quantities on lots of products
> > do
> > not seem to be calculating correctly. When we go into item properties and
> > click on Item Movement since DB was created, the report correctly shows
> > all
> > the purchases minus all the sales and give a total qty on top which is
> > correct. However, in some products this figure is often completely
> > different
> > to the On-Hand quantity.
> >
> > The only thing that I can think of that is different about the use of this
> > DB is that instead of adding stock through purchases, stock is added by
> > manually adjusting the on hand figure. However, this shouldn't create a
> > difference between on-hand and item movement history.

0
KeithSRS (11)
10/5/2007 8:54:00 AM
a.dardiry had written this in response to
http://www.rockryno.com/point-of-sale/Re-Discrepancies-between-on-hand-quantity-and-item-movement-28200-.htm
 :

Dear All Try to do the next steps to solve this issue
1-	Create a synchronization store database worksheet (Style 101).
a.	Ensure that it�s downloaded to the store and completed.
2-	Create a request data upload worksheet (Style 401) from old date (one
month for example).
a.	Ensure that it�s downloaded to the store and completed.
3-	Create request full item count worksheet (Style 501).
a.	Ensure that it�s downloaded to the store and completed

Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
Tax and Accounting Software Forums
microsoft.public.pos - 36980 messages and counting!

I need the items to have grades
In any business, there are items of different quality, different origin, different level of concentration etc. For example, Tea powder of 3 qualities: High, Medium, low or Tea made in different countries: India, Malasia, China. In the above cases, the item code has to be same because it is basically the same item, but there should be a way to identify them separately. The best way I have seen, to manage this requirement is to have a 'Grade' Column with the Item code. There should be a Grade Master in the Cards Menu of Inventory Module, where the user can create the Grade Type...

Deleted Items Retention on Mailbox Store
We have Exchange Server 2003 and have set the Limits under Deletion Settings to keep deleted items for 30 days, but the items are not being deleted. I found under our Server Properties in System Manager, the Mailbox Management Process, but it was set to Never run. Will running this process delete the items older than 30 days, or is it necessary to do something else to have these items be automatically deleted? Thanks, Deleted Items Retention simply means that once you have emptied your Deleted Items Folder, those items are not purged from the database for 30 days. DIR does _not_ manage ...

Home Page Content Item: Important Dates (repost)
I asked this question 3 days ago and have received no replies so I'm repeating it. Perhaps the subject name I used: "Important Dates" was too short or sounded like spam. In any case my experience on this board is that even if no one has a solution, someone usually responds saying that he can't reproduce the problem, or that it doesn't work for him either, or that the poster misunderstands what this function is supposed to do. Not having received any response at all, I beg your indulgence with this repost: ***** Money 2006. No Passport. XP Home SP2. P4 3.0 GHz. 1G...

Filling Subdesc1 with Size on matrix items
When I create a new Matrix Item and use a Dimension Set that we've previously saved (shoe size is what we use as Dimension 1), is there a way to get the Attribute value of Dimension 1 to automatically fill Subdescription 1? Again, for us, the Attribute of Dimension 1 is shoe size - and we want Subdescription 1 to be shoe size. If this can't happen automatically, is there a script we can run to have Dimension 1 fill Subdescription 1? Thanks, -- Kris Additional info: We used to run the following script to get Subdescription 1 filled with the size, but that was with 1.3, maybe ...

FRx errors with emailing reports
A customer is receiving error messages when emailing FRx reports - they don't seem to affect anything, the reports are sent and received via email and FRx doesn't close but with every report that they send, they get the same message. "Drill Down Viewer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." DrillDown Viewer closes, FRx remains open. We have checked all of the settings to enable email, everything seems to be OK and the reports do get sent, just an annoyance having the message pop up every time. Has anyone seen this before...

Send a report from Access97
I have n Access97 database which produces a report. When I try to e-mail it I get an error message stating that the e-mail could not be sent due to the previous error. Problem is, there is not a previous error. At least none that I can find. nothing in the evet log either E-mail is through Outlook 2003, installed as a part of Office 2003. This same PC also has Access 2000 installed onit as we have several different Access databases written in each version of Access. Is there something I need to set up in either Access or Outlook?? Thanks in advance for any suggestinos provided. ...

Calculating dates & creating reports
I need to design a database that will calculate due dates for evaluations. It will have 5 dates. 4 are calculated. These dates need to be on a form along with the employee's name and other vital info. The user should be able to enter that Start Date and have all the other dates calculate automatically. There are approximately 55 employees! The first date (Start Date) is entered by the user. Example: User enters Start Date: 2/01/07. #2 Next Date is 91 days from 2/1/07, which calculates to 5/03/07. #3 Six Month Date is 182 days from Start Date, which calculates to 8/02...

Investment Transactions Report Will Not Show Anything
I use Money2005. When I view the report "Investment Transactions" it does not show any transactions at all! No matter what I choose the report is always blank. All the other investment reports work. Any suggestions Scott In microsoft.public.money, Scott Thomson wrote: >I use Money2005. When I view the report "Investment Transactions" it does >not show any transactions at all! No matter what I choose the report is >always blank. All the other investment reports work. > >Any suggestions I see Performance by Investment Type and Performance by Investme...

Multi-Tier Commission Report
Has anyone developed an RMS report that allows Sales Rep commission to be calculated depending upon varying sales figures i.e. 1% comm up to sales of £300k, 2% comm between £300k-£500k and 3% comm above? If the commisson is by product you can set the products with an sql query to whatever percent you want and then with MS Access create a report with the products that sold at 1% and the product that sold at 2% and so on. But this is by product. Thanks for the post, unfortunately our commission is set by each individual Sales Reps "Total Sales" within a given peri...

Date range for report
Hi, I tried to set up controls in a form in order to prompt for date criteria in a report. I added textboxes to the report, with references to the forms controls, in the controlsources for those boxes. When I try to run the report it doesn't prompt for the dates, it just puts #Name? where those controls are. If I open the form and enter the dates directly into the form and click ok it brings up the report with the proper filters though. Is there a way to make the report open the form to prompt for the dates, rather than having to open the form itself? ...

Hist Stock Status Report
We keep getting an error "script exception - illegal address for field "valuation method' in the script" There is nothing wrong in our valuation methods (all FIFO -perpetual) and nothing can be found on the knowledgebase regarding this error. Please help - unless we do the non-historical report on time each month - we are out of luck! Have you recently applied a service pack? -- dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. Do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgro...

New items with purchase order integration
I'm running a daily integration to bring purchase orders into GP using Integration Manager. The source is a text file. It works very well. The problem I have is with new items. When there is an item in the source file that does not exist in Great Plains, I would like the integration to fail or skip the line item. Currently, it brings the item into the Purchase Order as a non inventory item. The document will show the item number and the cost but no item description. Where can I change the behavior for this? Unfortunately, with the users that put non-inventory items on POs Wh...

404 Error in OWA when accessing calendar items in public folders
We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003 Server SP1. We have a front-end/back-end configuration. OWA works well except when attempting to access calendar items in public folders. In personal folders, this is not a problem. The public folder calendar appears correctly; however, opening a particular calendar item results in a 404 error about 2/3 of the time. Sometimes it opens properly. Refreshing the item window repeatedly will eventually bring up the item. This problem is not restricted to a particular user, browser or public folder. Even with full owner permissions on t...

Verzonden berichten namens wil ik niet in mijn eigen 'Send Items'
Ik heb een persoonlijke en een groepsmailbox in mijn outlook(2000). Als ik nu een bericht verzend namens de groepsmailbox komt dit bericht in mijn persoonlijke "Send Items' terecht. Je raad het al, ik wil graag dat dit in de "Send Items" van de groepsmailbox komt. Heeft iemand enig idee hoe??? W2000 Outlook 2000 Exchange 5.5 Bedankt, Peter Hoi Peter, Er wordt hier voornamelijk Engels gesproken om een zo breed mogelijk publiek aan te spreken. Voor jou probleem is niet direct een oplossing. Je kan wel een Wizard Regel zetten die een kopie in een andere map plaatst bij...

Sales order processing item inquiry windows
Hi, Since I have updated to version 10 (from version 9.0) the document are not showing in any specific order. In version 9 they were sorted by document date. For example if you choose "By item number" then include only invoice and then choose history. You will see that the document are not sorted at all. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks Andre, Everything scrolling window has a sort order - just maybe not what you expect. But you can always see it by turning on your dexsql.log and seeing the query generated. In this case with your same options marked, i get: SELECT TOP...

Reports for Manufacturing
Good afternoon ¿What option define the reports of manufacturing to print?. In Great Plains this option is in Setup>>Posting>>Posting. In manufacturing is there the same option? Thanks! ...

Income & Expenses Report
I am confused by the Transfers at the end of the Income & Expenses report. It seems to double count on the bottom line. If I purchase $1000 in stock from my savings, the transfer shows a -$1000 (negative because I have taken $1000 out of my cash and transfered it to an investment). If I sell that stock for $1500. My report shows $500 capital gain in income, and a positive tranfers of $1500 (positive because I have transfered the money back into my cash). However these are added and thus shows a positive $2000 on the bottom line. It doubled the bottom line impact of the capital...

Removing Subreport from Main Report
Hi All~ I have a main report that contains 6 subreports. Each subreport has a graph in the detail section and information in the report header (which is needed to clarify each graph). If there is no data in the graph, I want to remove the entire subreport (and basically allow the one below to "move up"). I have tried playing with the NoData event of the subreport but since there is info in the report header it does not ever seem to work. I think i need some type of code on the OnOpen event of the main report that verifies if there is data in the subreport graph and if not...

Index and Match with Listed Items???
I am trying to offer a list of countries my buyers can get quotes from, then use the resulting country called out to pull an exchange rate from a table. I think the Index and Match function will work well, but I keep getting #N/A errors on the following formula =INDEX('Exchange Rates'!A2:B8,MATCH(C2,'Exchange Rates'!A2:B8,0),2 Exchange Rates is the tab I have the rates table on, (first column is Countries, second is exchange rate), and C2 is the cell in the input tab that has the list of possible countries to obtain quotes from. What I want to see as a result of the formula i...

seeking your questions on RMS items--today!
Hi all, I’m the editor of the Microsoft Business Solutions Community site (www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/community). I wanted to let you know that we’re still taking questions on RMS items for our upcoming Q&A with Jimmy Wong, a Microsoft Software Design Engineer in Test (SDET) who works on the Retail Management System team. It doesn't matter how complex or simple your question/concern. Any topic goes, be it discounts, find, inventory, item types, item lookup, pricing, substitutes, or commission. Jimmy's open to any and all questions. :) So if you’ve got a question ...

Outlook 2003 Sent item problem
My problem is I can send a new message, it goes to the outbox, it is not assigned a date, when send recieve is carried out it does not go. If I forward this same message it transmits properly. What are your send/receive settings for this account? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Greg D asked: | My problem is I can send a new message, it goes to the...

DPM 2007, protection report shows 57% and 37% long term-not accura
i'm puzzled by the protection reports we've been getting.. they used to say 110% or 100% etc for percentage avalable.. Now its more like 57 short term and 37 long term, but this makes no sense, because when i look at the protection group status, all the points are green and up to date.. and when the tape runs, there are no errors and it succeeds with 4 tapes consumed (800GBx4).. our size of data is roughly 2500GB.. Any ideas why it would report this? I need an accurate report for quality assurance iso type details, otherwise i have to explain the report itself is u...

Retrieving archived items by opening PST file into Outlook
I find it difficult to get the hang of all this exporting and archiving business. However, I do archive my work e-mails periodically, after first deleting all attachments. Tonight I decided to see how easy it would be to retrieve some old e-mail items. In Outlook, I selected File/Open and navigated to the file Archive.pst. This created a Folder in Outlook called "Archived Folder" with the subfolders Inbox and Sent Items. Everything looks OK. But I have a few questions about this archive folder I now see. This additional folder (and subfolders) are now visible in Outlook with a large...

single user can't access reports
I have a single user, who received a new machine recently with a new install of CRM. He can't access reports. I checked his permissions and he has a role that other managers have. Those other managers can read & run reports. THis manager gets an unauthorized 401 error. He can't access either in outlook client or web client. However, I can log on as this person on my laptop, launch web client and see the reports he should be seeing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both crm & sql - no dice. I am at a loss of what to do next. His windows updates are current, his...

Sunbeam 2551 Heritage Series 6-Speed 250-Watt Hand Mixer, Silver
List Price:$49.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B001AO1X1U Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B001AO1X1U Manufacturer: SunbeamModel #: 2551Condition: Brand New In Retail BoxList Price: $49.99 Description: Whether you need to beat eggs, whip cream or prepare cake batter, this 6-speed handheld mixer delivers 250W of power to get the job done. Features: 250W motor for smooth, powerful mixing 6 mixing speeds for blending a variety of food consistencies, from eggs and heavy cream to pudding and thick cake batters Burst of Power feature deliv...