detailed sales report -- Total costs and Total profits

When we run detailed sales report and group by product, it appears the cost
column displays the unit cost per item and the profit column displays the
profit per item, but not total costs (cost times quantity) and total profit
(profit times quantity).

For example, a row of data reads

qty sold      sold price      total sales         cost         profit
2                    2.5                5                 .59            1.91

If I sold 2 items which cost .59 each, that's $1.18 of total cost against
$5.00 of sales, leading to $3.82 total profit.

Is there a report that will give me total costs and total profits? It seems
like this is the best way to analyze profitability. The unit cost and unit
profit and sum of unit costs and sum of unit profits don't tell me much.

0
Ron1 (234)
8/20/2005 9:47:11 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Oh, I saw there was a similar posting on 8/15/05. It doesn't help me to know
profitability of categories or departments. I am looking to gain a sense of
profitability per product. If we sold all our products at the same price,
this wouldn't be a problem, but our pricing will vary based on promotions.

"Ron" wrote:

> When we run detailed sales report and group by product, it appears the cost
> column displays the unit cost per item and the profit column displays the
> profit per item, but not total costs (cost times quantity) and total profit
> (profit times quantity).
>
> For example, a row of data reads
>
> qty sold      sold price      total sales         cost         profit
> 2                    2.5                5                 .59            1.91
>
> If I sold 2 items which cost .59 each, that's $1.18 of total cost against
> $5.00 of sales, leading to $3.82 total profit.
>
> Is there a report that will give me total costs and total profits? It seems
> like this is the best way to analyze profitability. The unit cost and unit
> profit and sum of unit costs and sum of unit profits don't tell me much.

0
reng1 (20)
8/20/2005 10:12:20 PM
Hi there,

Agreed that out of the box some of the reports wont help you in some cases.
Get a hold of your partner to see if they can help you alter or create soem
custom reports to refect what you need.

PS: GP% on the reports doesnt work too well either.

Ivan
"reng" <reng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Oh, I saw there was a similar posting on 8/15/05. It doesn't help me to
> know
> profitability of categories or departments. I am looking to gain a sense
> of
> profitability per product. If we sold all our products at the same price,
> this wouldn't be a problem, but our pricing will vary based on promotions.
>
> "Ron" wrote:
>
>> When we run detailed sales report and group by product, it appears the
>> cost
>> column displays the unit cost per item and the profit column displays the
>> profit per item, but not total costs (cost times quantity) and total
>> profit
>> (profit times quantity).
>>
>> For example, a row of data reads
>>
>> qty sold      sold price      total sales         cost         profit
>> 2                    2.5                5                 .59
>> 1.91
>>
>> If I sold 2 items which cost .59 each, that's $1.18 of total cost against
>> $5.00 of sales, leading to $3.82 total profit.
>>
>> Is there a report that will give me total costs and total profits? It
>> seems
>> like this is the best way to analyze profitability. The unit cost and
>> unit
>> profit and sum of unit costs and sum of unit profits don't tell me much.

0
ibrebner (120)
8/21/2005 10:31:37 AM
Look at the "top items" report under the top performers report category. It's
pretty minimal in terms of detail (just item code, description, qty sold,
total sales and total profit) but maybe it'll help.

Good luck!

"Ron" wrote:

> When we run detailed sales report and group by product, it appears the cost
> column displays the unit cost per item and the profit column displays the
> profit per item, but not total costs (cost times quantity) and total profit
> (profit times quantity).
>
> For example, a row of data reads
>
> qty sold      sold price      total sales         cost         profit
> 2                    2.5                5                 .59            1.91
>
> If I sold 2 items which cost .59 each, that's $1.18 of total cost against
> $5.00 of sales, leading to $3.82 total profit.
>
> Is there a report that will give me total costs and total profits? It seems
> like this is the best way to analyze profitability. The unit cost and unit
> profit and sum of unit costs and sum of unit profits don't tell me much.

0
Juli (38)

Income & Expenses Report
I am confused by the Transfers at the end of the Income & Expenses report. It seems to double count on the bottom line. If I purchase $1000 in stock from my savings, the transfer shows a -$1000 (negative because I have taken $1000 out of my cash and transfered it to an investment). If I sell that stock for $1500. My report shows $500 capital gain in income, and a positive tranfers of $1500 (positive because I have transfered the money back into my cash). However these are added and thus shows a positive $2000 on the bottom line. It doubled the bottom line impact of the capital...

Reporting software
What kinda reporting software out there that people are using? I would like to be able to see who is sending/recieving the most mail internally and to the internet. I also would like to be able to see how much mail is being sent to my distribution lists. I am looking at a couple different products I found on msexchange.org's website but any info/advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Jason On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 08:49:25 -0600, "JasonMeyer" <jason.meyer@nospam.isd623.org> wrote: > >What kinda reporting software out there that people are using? I woul...

Linking queries on a report
Hello all, I built a number of queries that all tie to the same table. Each query sorts the data differently, but comes from the same data source. I would like to show the results of these queries on the same report, but I get and error message that the wizard can't connect the queries. How can I display multiple queries on the same report. I've tried subreports, but they don't seem to export as well. Thanks b Brennan What does "export" have to do with this? If I have multiple sets of results I want to show in one place, I create an empty "main"...

Sums and percentages in reports
I have the following field in report's detail area: =Count([Cause]=1) (where 1 refers to a row of a table's dropdown) at the report footer I have the following sum for that column: =Sum(Abs([Cause]=1)) with the Runnin Sum - Over All. The calculation comes out correc so I'm assuming the formulas are correct. However, when I try to get a Percentage by deviding the field formula with the footer formula I don't get the correct answer. Can someone help me with this formula? You have told us what you attempted but it isn't clear what you want to accomplish. Your expres...

Parameterized Report
Hi all! Does anyone know how to send parameter eg. invoiceid to the custom report in MSCRM? I want to be able to display crystal report of a selected invoice by clicking a button in the CRM toolbar. Any help is greately appreciated. Thanks in advance. Rgds, Christine ...

Sales order processing item inquiry windows
Hi, Since I have updated to version 10 (from version 9.0) the document are not showing in any specific order. In version 9 they were sorted by document date. For example if you choose "By item number" then include only invoice and then choose history. You will see that the document are not sorted at all. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks Andre, Everything scrolling window has a sort order - just maybe not what you expect. But you can always see it by turning on your dexsql.log and seeing the query generated. In this case with your same options marked, i get: SELECT TOP...

how to analyse a total
I am sure I used a tool or formula a few years back for this. I have a list of say 25 items. (column A) In the next column (Column B) there is an amount against each item. eg bread �5 I am looking for something that will give me the breakdown if I have a total of say �195 as to how that total was achieved.(from what items) On Feb 27, 7:46=A0am, "SS" <nonens...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: > I have a list of say 25 items. (column A) > In the next column (Column B) there is an amount against > each item. eg bread 5 > I am looking for something that will give me the...

Report Total Broker Commissions for year
Hi: I can't seem to figure out how to get a report on my investments with a broker how much I paid them in commissions for the year. I entered the commission with each buy or sell transaction from the confirmation statement from the broker so I know the data is there. -- Betty In microsoft.public.money, Betty wrote: > > >I can't seem to figure out how to get a report on my investments with a >broker how much I paid them in commissions for the year. I entered the >commission with each buy or sell transaction from the confirmation statement >from the broker s...

Customer Statement Crystal Report
Hi! Does anyone have a Customer Statement in Crystal format? Thanks -- Marisol Mortera Marisol, Your question is very generic. If you could be a little more precise, then I might have what you need. Girish "Marisol" wrote: > Hi! > > Does anyone have a Customer Statement in Crystal format? > > Thanks > -- > Marisol Mortera I am trying to build a crystal report for customer statements as well. The Great Plains one is very difficult to work with. If you have an example of this report in crystal, please email it at staceyleelee@hotmail.com Stacey &quo...

Kits in Sales Report
Is there a way for a kit to be broke out on the detailed sales report to refect the items that were sold instead of the acual kit? I hate to open a can of worms here, but you could do it by changing the query in the report (Sales - Detailed Sales Report.qrp, I believe) and then you can alter the columns to reflect the new query. -- -Jerry JR Data Inc. "annihil8or@msn.com" wrote: > Is there a way for a kit to be broke out on the detailed sales report to > refect the items that were sold instead of the acual kit? did you find a way to list kit sales details? -- Lasting...

How do I submit a bug report to Microsoft for Outlook 2010?
I went to a support site, but they wanted to charge me a minimum of $99! For me to submit a bug report, I think NOT! The bug is that when I reply to a message that is another folder besides the INBOX, my default setting is that the reply message is also saved in that folder. That usually works, but at times the reply message still shows up in the SENT MESSAGES folder. -ah Andrew Hamilton wrote: > I went to a support site, but they wanted to charge me a minimum of > $99! For me to submit a bug report, I think NOT! > > The bug is that when I reply to a message that is another...

FRx errors with emailing reports
A customer is receiving error messages when emailing FRx reports - they don't seem to affect anything, the reports are sent and received via email and FRx doesn't close but with every report that they send, they get the same message. "Drill Down Viewer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." DrillDown Viewer closes, FRx remains open. We have checked all of the settings to enable email, everything seems to be OK and the reports do get sent, just an annoyance having the message pop up every time. Has anyone seen this before...

Calculating dates & creating reports
I need to design a database that will calculate due dates for evaluations. It will have 5 dates. 4 are calculated. These dates need to be on a form along with the employee's name and other vital info. The user should be able to enter that Start Date and have all the other dates calculate automatically. There are approximately 55 employees! The first date (Start Date) is entered by the user. Example: User enters Start Date: 2/01/07. #2 Next Date is 91 days from 2/1/07, which calculates to 5/03/07. #3 Six Month Date is 182 days from Start Date, which calculates to 8/02...

Report to Filter on Next Date Per File
I have a docketing report which reports any action due for a particular file. Theses actions are future dates. A file can have multiple actions due. For example: File ABC12345 Action 6/1/2010 Letter to Client Action 6/9/2010 Payment Due Action 12/10/2010 Status Check File CYO4457 Action 3/1/2011 Letter re Exam Action 6/4/2011 Annuity Due I need to write a report which will only give me the next action due. Using my example the output would be like the following: File ABC12345 Action 6/1/2010 Letter to Client Fil...

HQ Sales Tax
I have a client that has added lots of new items in Headquarters, however they forgot to assign sales tax to those items. I didn't see a wizard to help assign sales tax like there is in store ops. Is there a way to globally assign sales tax to those items? Is there a sql query I could use? Thanks Can you use HQ Manager Worksheet 320? By default, that is set up for all stores, which you can unselect. However, sales tax depends on the counties/state that the store is located. If your stores share the same tax rate, than you you should be fine. Else you have to create separate ...

Michigan Wage Report
Is it possible to create the Michigan Quarterly Wage for electronic filing in GP 9.0? I am going to write a app in MS Access to create it, but wanted to check if it is available elsewhere. ...

Cannot export to Excel in Crystal report (cr8)
Hi, I have an application written in vb6 and uses cr8 Crystal report. In the past, the end users were able to export the report to Excel...They have an option of Exporting to Excel 5, 7 and 8. But lately, they were not able to do so, export to Excel will just close the application down without any warning. We all currently have Office 2007 installed, and I am not sure if that is the cause of the issue. But when I export the report from my development machine I have this option to pick "Excel 97-2000" (I don’t' see the "Excel 5, 7, 8" option at all)...

Report names in listbox
I recently upgraded to Access 2007 and am having some trouble with the changes. I have a form with a listbox in which I would like to display the names of all the reports in the database. I've tried using the following as the rowsource for the listbox, but in form view nothing is displayed. Does anyone know how to do this? TIA, Ken Warthen kenwarthen@gmail.com "SELECT MSysObjects.Name FROM MSysObjects WHERE (((Left([Name],1))<"~") AND ((MSysObjects.Type)=-32764)) ORDER BY MSysObjects.Name;" I think you made a slight typo. Try (((Left([Name],1))<>&quo...

zeros in the report
Reports-Sales-SalesAnalysis-AccountDue This report is showing item where the invoices are paid and the balance due is zero, making it a very long report. I have tried remove paid transactions and and reconcilling but neither works to handle this problem. Any ideas? Thanks Leslie May we assume that you selected to exclude zero balance accounts in the Sales Analysis Report Options window? "LASM" wrote: > Reports-Sales-SalesAnalysis-AccountDue > > This report is showing item where the invoices are paid and the balance due > is zero, making it a very long repor...

Reporting Sevices help!!!
Hi Guys, I need to know if there is a way to change the Reporting Services Reports in CRM to swith the est. Revenue field used to a seperate field. I'm doing a multi currency customisation all my user will be using different currency price lists e.g. euro price list, yen price list etc. I'm then doing a calculation to take each account opportunities etc est. revenue and put it in usd which is the reporting currency. the usd est revenue is stored in a seperate field calle new_estrevenueusd and i want this field to be used for all reports instead of the original est. revenue fiel...

Reporting Services error when reinstalling DPM 07
I'm in the process of upgrading DPM 2007 to 2010. I did the O/S upgrade from 2003 to 2008 Server. Now I'm trying to re-install DPM 2007 and I can't get past the prerequisite check. The error is below: Setup has detected that the installation of Reporting Services is not correctly configured or no instance of Reporting Services is linked to of SQL Server. 1)To use the local dedicated MS$DPM2007$ instance with DPM, uninstall SQL Server and run setup again. 2)To use the option of installing DPM with an existing instance of SQL Server, make sure that the Reporting ...

Find number of weekdays and wekend days given a total number of da
Hello, I have a question for the gurus here. I am working on a spreadsheet where in column A I have Total # of Vacation days. Example: # Vac Days --- # Weekdays --- # Weekend days 75 55 20 44 32 12 25 19 6 I figured this out by simply creating a list like this 1 Weekday 2 Weekday 3 Weekday 4 Weekday 5 Weekday 6 Weekend 7 Weekend And so on... And then doing a countif to figure out how many of either on...

Mailing multiple reports
I have developed a db to track employee certification. One report shows the certificates and training for an individual employee. I would like to be able to mail each employee a copy of this report so that she/he can verify certificate status, either through e-mail or via interoffice mail (hard copy) since some employees don't have easy access to e-mail. The report is set up with a main report for certification and a sub report showing training classes attended to support certificate renewal. I plan on sending such reports out at least annually, perhaps twice per year. I o...

Help with a report to see all payments
Hi, I want to create a report that lists all payments from an account All I want it to show is Num, Date, Payee, Payment Amount But I want it to show all payments not just checks. I don't even need a grand total or anything for each month or the whole date range (previous year) I just want to see every payment. And I want to compare it to my hand written ledger. Using 2007 Deluxe. I tried customizing an income and spending report but it only showed me a monthly total and not a transaction list. In microsoft.public.money, Robbie wrote: >Hi, >I want to create a report that ...

EMAIL an Access 200 Report
I have created an Access 2000 Report utilizing an Access 2000 Query as input to the report. I have a need to email this report to several recipients. I have attempted to translate the Access Report to Excel 2000 for email and lose the Report Totals. There also appears to be some inconsistent mapping from the Report to Excel. By this I mean Cells Are not line up consistent with the report. This however is minor compared to losing the report Totals. Does anyone have some suggestions with regard to the best way to email Access report without losing totals. Or translating to Excel 2000 while prese...