detailed report with serial numbers

-------------------------------------
                    _
                   /_/_      .'''.
                =O(_)))) ...'     `.
                   _              `.    .'''B'zzzzzzzzzzz
                                      `..'
Hi.

Iam trying to insert Serial # into the Detailed report. Can someone help
me with the code so I can insert it into the detailed report? The serial
list report is not very helpful. Iam looking for report with serial # and
price sold and date. Thanks in advance.

--
+---------------[ SERVER SIGNATURE ]-----------------------+
|   Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.beansmart.com/    |

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

page # on MRP exception report
Anybody know how to get page numbers on the MRP Exception Report? I tried adding the page number field but all it prints is a 0. The existing page number field that prints in the RH is called Page No. but i can't find it in the Tools to select and I dont think you can copy and paste a field from the report. The only selection is from Globals and that is "Page Number". Doesnt seem to work the same. Any help is appreciated. Hi Wes, This is an issue that we are addressing in the next release (8.5) that is due out later this year. In the mean time, I was able to get the page...

outgoing messages, auto numbering
Is there any utility available which will insert automatically a consecutive reference number on outgoing messages ? I have the same problem. PLEASE if you find a solution send me a letter (assistant@vstvarna.com) or post it here. I will really appreciate it because I have been looking for so long for something like this! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Question about numbers lined up against dates
Hey all, Lets see if I can explain this one..... In Column "A" I have a series pf part number- IE 123, 442, ER45 and a whole load of others. In Column "B" I have a price against each part number IE �45.00, �6.70 and others In column "C" I have delivery dates against each part. IE - 2/3/06, 3/6/08 and lots of others. Part number 123 may be required 2/3/06 and 28/3/06 and also 6/6/08 and is �45 each What I am looking for is a formula that shows part number 123 totals monthly amounts. So part number 123 will show 2 required in March 06 at a value of �90 ...

Dlookup Problem Text VS Number type
Hello all- I have a form (in access) that has a section of code which fills in certain cells for an excel spread sheet. Code has worked perfectly for a while, but recently I changed the table's 'OrderNumber' field from a Number type to a Text type. Now my Dlookup doesn't work. I tried changing it back, and it works again. Why does it matter? I need/would really like it to be a text type field. All help/explinations would help a lot. Thanks! Zach Zach - Did you also update the DLookup statement? A text field requires the single-quote delimiter arou...

How to pass parameters to a report
I am new user and do not know much about Access Programming. I have a form where I have a number field called memberid. I have created a report called member report which works baed on memberquery. Which is baed on a query memberquery. I have a form which fromupdate . I want to put a command button on this page. I want this command button to read value from memberid textbox and generate the report for only that member. I have parametrized the query and it asks me enter memberid and then genrates the report for that member. I want this to happen just by clicking that button....

CheckBox to open Portrait or Landscape report
Private Sub cbCategory_Click() DoCmd.OpenReport "rptPrintMainCategoryRemark", acViewPreview End Sub This is what I have at the moment but would like to change it too, My Checkbox Yes/No [ckbPortrait] on record source of My form : Private Sub cbCategory_Click() If ckbPortrait =True, DoCmd.OpenReport "rptPrintMainCategoryRemarkPort", acViewPreview or If ckbPortrait = False, DoCmd.OpenReport "rptPrintMainCategoryRemark", acViewPreview End Sub Thanks for any help.....Bob Private Sub cbCategory_Click() If ckbPortrait = True Then DoCmd.OpenRepor...

Formulas in custom number formatting allowed?
I need a quick way to change both calculated and data entry cells in a fairly large workbook into custom number formats based on whether they are integers or have up to 2 decimal places. The custom cell formats I would like to get working TOGETHER are: [=INT()]# #.## has Microsoft added anything to Excel to finally make this possible? The macros to do this seem to take a lot of time to work through the workbook. On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 23:45:26 -0700 (PDT), kgriff <kgriffee@gmail.com> wrote: >I need a quick way to change both calculated and data entry cells in a >fairly large wor...

edit lot number attributes
I'm receiving error "lot number was not found" after I select a lot for an item to edit Run CheckLinks first and then Reconcile against the inventory tables -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "tmhr" wrote: > I'm receiving error "lot number was not found" after I select a lot for an > item to edit ...

Need on subfolders that are numbers
I have the following code which puts the names of all subfolders in a folder into a table. But, I want to limit it to only subfolders that have a name that is numbers because most subfolders are named 1000, 1001, etc. but some subfolders in this folder have a name like "archives", I only want the numbered folders - How can I limit it to only the number folders, what code should be added.: Dim fso As Object, objfolder As Object Dim fld As Object, fyl As Object Dim n As Integer Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Dim cmd As ADODB.command ...

Can't see modified report in advanced security
Hello: I have modified an AP check for a client. Our reports.dic is in a shared folder and the dynamics.set file points to it. I checked the time stamp on the reports.dic folder and it reflects a change. But when I go to find the report under an existing task in advanced security, I cannot see my modified report. Thanks for any assistance! -- MP ------=_NextPart_0001_179DCDD4 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Try using the View By Alternate, Custom and Modified view to see if you can find the report. It will be listed underneath the original report. Have l...

Invoice Report 02-14-10
I have created 2 tables for invoce database. fields in table1 : INV_NO, DATE, TO fields in table2 : LINE_NO, DESCRIPTION, UNIT_PRICE, QTY, TOTAL_PRICE I have connected both tables as primary and foregn keys. I need to print it as below : Each invoice has one or multiple pages. In one invoce line nuber will be increasing in serial number as much as how many items. Would appreciate your favor in this matter. >>I have connected both tables as primary and foregn keys. How are they connected? I do not see any fields that appear to be common to both. -- ...

How do I auto-save multipage report printing to Acrobat Distiller
I have a macro that prints a multi-page report to Acrobat Distiller. How do I change the file save name for each page as the macro runs. Have you asked on the Acrobat web site? AFAIK, your macro will have to print one page at a time, then perhaps rename the file before printing the next page. On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 19:43:03 -0800, sbutler96 <sbutler96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a macro that prints a multi-page report to Acrobat Distiller. How do >I change the file save name for each page as the macro runs. ...

Auto Numbering in Form
I need to find a way to display in a form text box the highest numerical value entered in any one of four fields for the last record entered. For example: If Field_1 is 0001 Field_2 is 0008 Field_3 is 0005 Field_4 is 0004 When the form is opened, the textbox would display the number 0008. The textbox should display the highest of the four fields of the last record. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Define "last". The way Access stores records and the way you conceptualize "last" may not match up. Comparing "across" is something you do i...

Report Writer #15
Hi I am entering Transaction in Project – Billing – Billing Entry here Project Notes I am entering some text when I print a report the text which I have typed in the projects Notes is not aliened properly. Can any body tell me how the alien the text in the print out. Regards Srinivasan ...

Access 2007-Report (Text Wrapping)
Is it possible to have text wrapping of a field on a report like the text wrapping function in a cell in a worksheet in Excel? Set the Can Grow property to Yes. -- Build a little, test a little. "SueW" wrote: > Is it possible to have text wrapping of a field on a report like the text > wrapping function in a cell in a worksheet in Excel? Thank you. "KARL DEWEY" wrote: > Set the Can Grow property to Yes. > > -- > Build a little, test a little. > > > "SueW" wrote: > > > Is it possible to hav...

finding unique numbers
I have a column of numbers. Some numbers may appear in the column more than one time. I need to find out the numbers that appear only one time. For instance the column looks like this: 32 47 15 92 32 15 92 I need to find out that 47 is only used once. How can I do this? Thanks. Assuming that A1:A7 contains your data, try... B1, copied down: =IF(ROWS($B$1:B1)<=SUM(--(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$7,$A$1:$A$7)=1)),INDEX($A$1:$A$ 7,SMALL(IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$7,$A$1:$A$7)=1,ROW($A$1:$A$7)-ROW($A$1)+1),ROW S($B$1:B1))),"") ....confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER, not just ENTER. Hope this...

Put numbered items in registry ?
Hi, I have a combo box with text items and I would like to maintain a list of strings, like internet explorer's history/auto-complete feature. The auto complete is nice, but not necessary. It's primarily about the history. I can save these strings in comma separated format into the registry, which allows for 64k per key I heard. However, it seems more common that applications such as internet explorer, maintain an MRU list in the following format: key value default "history" a "String 1" b "String 2" MRU "ab"...

Comma in Number Format
Is there a way to make the Use 1000 Separator option in the Number Formate dialog box checked by default? Hi don't think you can do this. What you can do is setup a new template with the cells formated already in your desired format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Erin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:16a601c48c44$b5925f30$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to make the Use 1000 Separator option in > the Number Formate dialog box checked by default? Using Format/Style... add a new style, and choose the number format ...

Macro Change Date for Report
I have a macro to print the Historical Stock Status. As part of it I need to change the "as of Date". I have the macro copy the date from the System Date window. In the original macro there is a type to line and it puts the date in that was in the copy command. I take out the type line and leave the Command Edit Paste in the macro. When the macro runs I get a command disabled in the macro log when it goes to paste the date in the as of field. Suggestions on changing the date? Thanks roland Roland, Why not change the setup of the report you're using to have Current Dat...

Forms and Reports Don't Retain Size on Opening
I recently did some work on a database and reissued a new front end. On my client's system (and on another computer of mine), forms and reports open in postage stamp size (or close to it). What could be the cause of this and how do I correct it? -- susan Check the pop-up property and make sure it is set to no. Or, if they are, you can expand them or set a new size, save them, and then they should open correctly. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "Susan L" wrote: > I recently did some work on a database and reissued a new front end. On my ...

Addendum to serial port question RE: different parity types
Thanks for all the answers to my serial port nightmare. Bill had suggested using RTS to detect when the buffer was empty. Joe indicated that RTS changes when the last character is in the buffer.. not shifted out? I am using a simple CSerial class.. Are there any examples of setting up RTS and detecting it on one of the other lines? I only have until Monday! (they contracted me last Tuesday... the losers) thanks Nappy It depends on how much your contract is worth, but you could do worse than visit Willies Computer Software Co at http://www.wcscnet.com/Software.htm (Joe had the ur...

Change email address of Non-Delivery Reports
Currently, all our NDRs have a FROM address which is the previous sys admin's name. But where do I change this so that NDR's FROM address is my name? Exchange 2003 -- | +-- JDMils | You will need to write your own event sinks to accomplish this. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnsmtps/html/writingmngsinks.asp James Chong MCSE + Messaging, MCTP JDMils wrote: > Currently, all our NDRs have a FROM address which is the previous sys > admin's name. But where do I change this so that NDR's FROM address is my > name? Exchange 2003 &...

GP Detailed Trial Balance Report
Hello all, we are getting some strange numbers from the trial balance detail report.. Here is what's happening. we do a section or accounts and by date select just posting accounts and open year. the report then shows only 2 decimal places so for instance an account was posted with a credit value of 144.702 and a debit of 1281.96 which if you calculate gives you a value of 1137.258 which great plains in the account number footer shows as 1137.25 for the net change. On the the report total for net change GP shows 133,964.83. when you actually calculate the total of net change am...

finding last number in column
I've got a column of numbers that's height changes everytime I add more data. I would like to find the difference between the top number and the bottom number and have that result in a cell above that column. How can I write a formula that will adjust to the changing location of the bottom number? Russ The returns the last value in column A: =OFFSET(A1,COUNTA(A:A)-1,0) with the proviso that there are no empty cells before the last data entry Best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Russ" <Rusty@notathome.net> wr...

Period Sales Analysis Report Error
I updated to ver 10 from 9 SP2 a couple weeks ago and everything has worked relatively well (Thanks to all newsgroup members who assisted) I am getting an error "Error in equation 'Net Sales'". Has anyone else seen this and what did you do? I'm guessing this is a modified report? Open the report in Report Writer and check out the Calculated field 'Net Sales'. You will probably find an error there. If I can't figure it out just by looking, I'll look at the v 9 report to see what the calc was trying to come up with and then correct the formula in v ...