Department Sales Report for Times of day

I would like to create a report for a departments sales that would reflect
the sales for that department hourly for that day. I would also like to be
able to see this same report based on a date range (ie: for a month)

Is it also possible to have the same above reports for the individual items
within the department?

Thanks in advance.
0
rfielack (5)
8/12/2008 11:45:26 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi there,

Retail Analytics from Professional Advantage will give you that report and
more.   Basically, anything that is captured in RMS can be reported on using
Retail Analytics.

We have the Up Close and Personal (UCAP) program available for RMS clients.
UCAP - we have streamlined a process to get RMS client's data in house, load
our product and then demonstrate the full power of the product on the data
for FREE!

If this is something that you would be intersetd in, please let me know and
I can get the process started.

Thank you,

Jen Bridgeford
Jenl@profad.com
Professional Advantage
"rfielack" wrote:

> I would like to create a report for a departments sales that would reflect
> the sales for that department hourly for that day. I would also like to be
> able to see this same report based on a date range (ie: for a month)
>
> Is it also possible to have the same above reports for the individual items
> within the department?
>
> Thanks in advance.
0
JenLosch (82)
8/13/2008 6:18:00 PM
Jen,

Thanks for the suggestion. We are a small mom & pop c-store with limited
resources. I'm not sure that the application may be out of our budget or
overkill for us. I reviewed the presentation but got a little lost. Could you
e-mail me some more info, pricing?  In the meantime, is there no way to
create these reports in RMS?

"Jen Losch" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Retail Analytics from Professional Advantage will give you that report and
> more.   Basically, anything that is captured in RMS can be reported on using
> Retail Analytics.
>
> We have the Up Close and Personal (UCAP) program available for RMS clients.
> UCAP - we have streamlined a process to get RMS client's data in house, load
> our product and then demonstrate the full power of the product on the data
> for FREE!
>
> If this is something that you would be intersetd in, please let me know and
> I can get the process started.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Jen Bridgeford
> Jenl@profad.com
> Professional Advantage
> "rfielack" wrote:
>
> > I would like to create a report for a departments sales that would reflect
> > the sales for that department hourly for that day. I would also like to be
> > able to see this same report based on a date range (ie: for a month)
> >
> > Is it also possible to have the same above reports for the individual items
> > within the department?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
0
rfielack (5)
8/13/2008 9:43:00 PM
Hi rfielack

You can get this report at the POS level using the graphs button without any
extra add-on charge.  Unfortunately you can't change the reports from here.

It is possible to add them onto RMS with extra development.  We have one
currently available for purchase.
--
Jenny

"rfielack" wrote:

> Jen,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. We are a small mom & pop c-store with limited
> resources. I'm not sure that the application may be out of our budget or
> overkill for us. I reviewed the presentation but got a little lost. Could you
> e-mail me some more info, pricing?  In the meantime, is there no way to
> create these reports in RMS?
>
> "Jen Losch" wrote:
>

> > Hi there,
> >
> > Retail Analytics from Professional Advantage will give you that report and
> > more.   Basically, anything that is captured in RMS can be reported on using
> > Retail Analytics.
> >
> > We have the Up Close and Personal (UCAP) program available for RMS clients.
> > UCAP - we have streamlined a process to get RMS client's data in house, load
> > our product and then demonstrate the full power of the product on the data
> > for FREE!
> >
> > If this is something that you would be intersetd in, please let me know and
> > I can get the process started.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Jen Bridgeford
> > Jenl@profad.com
> > Professional Advantage
> > "rfielack" wrote:
> >
> > > I would like to create a report for a departments sales that would reflect
> > > the sales for that department hourly for that day. I would also like to be
> > > able to see this same report based on a date range (ie: for a month)
> > >
> > > Is it also possible to have the same above reports for the individual items
> > > within the department?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
0
jennydat (72)

Extract Date from Date & Time Cell
Can someone help with this please I need to extract the date portion from a cell that contains a date & time. I need this "date only" cell to be within a range that I output to access. However changing the format of the cell only seems to change what is viewed and the time is still outputted to access which I dont want Isnt there a format statement or something I can do within this cell to prevent the time portion to be outputted as well? Thanks in Advance Scott if the cell is formatted as general, you will see a number of the format nnnnn.nnnnn. The part before the deci...

printing pictures in report
I am using access 2003 with win 2k pro. I have a table that keeps the path to the pictures, and I am using the VB approach to displaying them on the report. They are large photos and I believe I am running out of memory. Does anyone have a quickfix or a fix at all> Nebros, Might help to get an answer if you tell what akes you think that... Are you getting some specific error message? Is it taking a long time to print and you think it should be shorter? Do you see them in the report? -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tre...

1.2 Report on User activity
Is there an easy way to report on each user the number of activities they have created? I.E. Joe Bloggs has sent this many e-mails, had x number of phone calls, and has created x number of appointments. I dont want it specific to any time period, just all of them. Thanks in advance Ben Have you used crystal reports before? If not might be quick to create a transact-sql query. -- ========================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Ben" <bsmallwo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1137429204.424529.200490@g14g2000cwa.google...

can't open the report in the design view
Hi When I click the design icon I get the message:"you do not have exclusive access to the database at this time. If you proceed to make changes, you may not be able to save them later". Is it mean that somebody else opens the report? I asked my colegous and they said that they didn't. I don't know what to do. Can you advise? -- Please click "yes" if this post helped you! Greatly appreciated Eva It's not just the report. You need to get everyone out of the database. If everyone claims to be out of the database, including yourself, go to ...

Error on Commission of sales
Hi I have a trouble with the commission sales window, when I entry only one salesman to distribute the sales amount there is no problem, but when I try to capture two or more salesmans the fiels of sales amount appear in ZERO, this is I can't calcultate the follow distribution becasue ther isnt amount to distribute. This field appear locked and I cant capture the amount. I saw the field of this grid and in this field have the AutoCopy property in TRUE and the help says with this property in true the fiels must be filled automaticaly with the sale amount. There are another property ...

Calculating Time
Can anyone help with this issue? I have a form that works out time worked in each day, then need to totalise these for the week. However when I add the total time together it give an incorrect value. When I change the format the total also changes but still gives an incorrect result i.e. Monday 7:27:00 Tuesday 6:51:00 Wed 8:43:00 Thurs 9:23:00 Friday 7:37:00 Total 38:81:00 all times are decimal minutes. The cells are formatted using custom format [h]:mm:ss When I add these together the result I get is: 40:0...

No Logo on Report
What am I missing??? I can not get a store logo to print on the reports in Headquarters. I have entered the path on the settings tab in Administrator. My RMS version is 1.3.1011 Thanks Barry Hi Barry, Think I have this issue few years ago. Check the size / dimensions (most of the cases) / format of the logo (should be BMP I think)... Hope this will help... Best regards, A. -- ADTodorovik "Barry L" wrote: > What am I missing??? I can not get a store logo to print on the reports in > Headquarters. I have entered the path on the settings tab in Administrator....

Using parameters in reports.
I have a report that opens three "Enter Parameter Value" windows. The first window prompts the user for the "Area" and the second and third window prompts the user for the "Beginning and End Dates." All of this is working fine, however, if the user leaves the first "Enter Parameter Value" window blank, I would like for the report to show ALL "Area" data listed in the query. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! -- JudyB IMHO, parameter prompts are not a good user interface http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=6763. I always use c...

We need capability to add Tips to sales for service business
-- Dirk McCuistion ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=679dedc6-a41c-4876-b8c0-7cc0e53bf6ae&dg=microsoft.public.pos Dirk, I have the same problem, we are...

insert time
Can Time be inserted into a cell with 1 keystroke I know the shortcut is shift ctrl : Just trying to simplify for newbies that work on one of our spreadsheets Thanx All Lazy bunch, huh. NO -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "tiredoldman" <tiredoldmen@comcast.net> wrote in message news:8_adnZuttKSOMWbenZ2dnUVZ_tmdnZ2d@comcast.com... > Can Time be inserted into a cell with 1 keystroke > > I know the shortcut is shift ctrl : > > Just trying to simplify for newbies that work on one of our spreadsheets > > Thanx All > > &g...

Run-time error 5
I am running Windows 2000 Professional with Excel 2000. After operating for several months with no problems, I installed several Office 2000 updates. Now every time I close Excel, I get the following message: Title: Microsoft Visual Basic Message: Run-time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument Except for this message on closing Excel, everything is operating just fine. Does anyone know what might cause this and how to fix it? Thanks in advance ...

How can I get individual reports from excell gradebook?
I want to write progress reports for each student, based on the information entered in an Excel gradebook. How can I do this, so that the name of each assignment and it's points appears on an individualized report for each student? It depends on how your gradebook is set up. For example, if you had names in column A, with assignments in row 1 and grades across the columns: Name Assignment #1 Assignment #2 Assignment #3 Jack A B B Melissa B+ B+ B John A A- C+ Diana B+ A+ ...

Replace function in Report Writer?
Is there a function or some way to replace all spaces with an underscore in a string? For example if I had this string "Floor 2345 3453", how could I make it turn into "Floor_2345_3453" in Report Writer? Jared There is no one function that can achieve what you want. There is a RW_Strip() function that can remove the spaces, but not replace them with underscores. You could build this yourself using a series of calculated fiels with RW_Pos(), RW_Left(), RW_Right(), RW_Substring and maybe RW_Replace(). For more infomation on the Report Writer functions available, p...

Custom Field to display start time in Hours and Minutes
Hi I'm new to Microsoft Project and I'm just finding my way around but I'm struggling to find out how to display the start time field in hours and minutes, if I try a custom field I can display one or the other and if I try to concat both all I get is #error in the field where usually if I mess it up it'll tell me there's an error in my syntax. Could somebody help a noob out? Hi, For Project 2007: Tools, Options, View, select the Date Format on top of the list. All dates will now include time of day. -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Val...

Categories & time frame
I'm probably missing the obvious but I can't figure out how to separate the current year spending in a particular category. i.e. if I only wanted this years auto expenses, and not all since Money was installed ,where do I make that change? Thanks Doug you should use a report to generate the information, and as part of customising that report, choose the date range that you want to see. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http:/...

HR
There are two reports available in DynamicsGP Human Resources to view when employee reviews are due: Reviews Due and Reviews Date Due. If you've hired a new employee into a position that has a default review attached, that employee will not show on the Reviews Due report, but will on the Reviews Date Due. The problem here is the first report is using the HR_Review_MSTR_V2 and the second is using the Payroll Master-HR Alias. Because a record won't exist in the HR_Review_MSTR_V2 until a review is created, the next review date is empty. I'd suggest the Reviews Due report ...

Z Report ??
Is it possible to remove certain lines from the Z Report,such as the total tendered and total change,have looked at help files but can`t find an answer. Thanks Gary modify the file c:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store Operations\ReceiptTemplates\xreport.xml to comment out anything you don't want to print, save to a new file, then use SO Manager to apply that change: Pull down Database - Register - Receipt Formats - (Select your Receipt Format) - Properties - Report - Browse - select your modified file. Here is an example of commenting out the text that will hi...

Haivng problem with time display
I am having an issue here which I don't know how to solve. Hope to look for some advice. Currently I am helping my company to develop a small program using ms access which use to update tool performance. My company working time per day is count from 7am to 7am. Which means when you search for 9April record, it should give you all the records from 8April 7am to 9April 7am. I am already able to selects out the records base on the date I enter. Right now I have a problem with the total time display. Currently my total time is calculate using EndDateTime minus StartDateTime. But I would like...

Outlook 2002 crashes several times a day
All of a sudden my Outlook will have a "Fatal Error" and close. this happenes between 1-6 times a day. i don't loose info but it is inconvient. MS says this ID has had it's limits of questions though I have never asked them a question. Can anyone give me an idea what's happening? ...

Problem calculating Days/Hours etc between 2 dates
I want to calculate how many Days/Hours/Minutes/Seconds between Now and a future date eg how many Days/Hours/Minutes/Seconds between Now and 08:25 on 9th September 2005 I have used the formula below =(INT(B7-TODAY())-(MOD(B7,1)-MOD(NOW(),1)<0))&" Days "&TEXT(MOD(B7-NOW(),1),"hh")&" Hours "&TEXT(MOD(D6-NOW(),1),"mm") &" Minutes "&TEXT(MOD(D6-NOW(),1),"ss") &" Seconds " This returns the result 32 Days 14 Hours 01 Minutes 58 Seconds , which is wrong as there are 34 Days until 9th September, ...

Re-assigning weekend days in "Networkdays" Function
Hi everyone, I would like some help on the "Networkdays" funtion. I need t re-assign the default weekend days in this funtion (Saturday & Sunday to Thursday & Friday. For example: note: date format is mm/dd/yy =NETWORKDAYS(A1,A2) where A1= 01/14/2004 (day being Saturday) & A2=01/25/04 (day being Wednesday) will return the value of 8 because it subtracts the 4 default weeken days (2 Saturdays & 2 Sundays) automatically. I need it to return th value 10 for the alternative 2 weekend days (1 Thursday & 1 Friday). I want MS Excel to read Saturdays & Sunday...

Can we create custom SSRS reports for CRM Online using Visual Stud
Can we use Visual Studio (or SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio) to create custom reports that can be uploaded to a CRM Online deployment, or even download standard reports and modify them? I don't know how that would work because I don't know if we would have access to the SQL Server database. Hi Michael, you can add new reports into CRM Online - as when you add Reports into any Microsoft CRM Deployment, the upload rountine replaces the Connection Details in the Report with the correct ones for the CRM Deployment you are uploading into. However whilst you can...

Problem with copied report in Access 2007
I need to create several reports that are exactly the same but get info from different queries. I can do this with no problem ... just change the source for the report ... but the copied report still shows the original report name in the tab when opened. How do I get it to reflect the new report name instead? Example - the original report is Employees at CC. I copy/paste and name the copy Employees at NEC. I then open the report in design view and change the source and the report displays the correct information. But the tab is still titled Employees at CC. This will be a problem...

sales commission template
I am trying to set up a template to track sales commissions. Thanks! I've tried to give instructions on how to calculate variable rate commissions here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/variablerate.html Since you gave zero information, I can't tell whether it would be appropriate for you. In article <95C0FB85-E83A-47E8-B55C-A4B291EEA31F@microsoft.com>, "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to set up a template to track sales commissions. Scott, I am a graduate from the school of hard knocks when it comes to commission t...

Transferring Sales Commissions
On GP10, we are ready to pay commissions for the first time. (We are not using the payroll module - we outsource.) In studying the help screens, we were directed to open the Transfer Sales Commissions window. (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Routines >> Sales >> Transfer Commission) I'm having trouble understanding what exactly is going to happen if I hit the "Process" button. Does a screen come up on which I can choose to pay specific commissions, or is it just going to automatically pay all the commissions for paid invoices (we have setup s...