Deleting Customer

Running HQ and 2 stores. version 1.2.0185
Trying to ensure that all customers (about 20 in total) are global but
somehow one of the stores has a global customer that doesn't show up in HQ.
I want to delete this odd customer.

Store won't let me remove it because it is a global customer and if I try to
run an HQ worksheet to delete global customers then their account number
doesn't show up in the list.

Suggestions?
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C6A07D.E080C750

Clinton,

You are going to have to change the customer back to a local customer.

To do this, make a list of the Account Numbers for the affected =
customers.

Go into SO Administrator | File | Connect | put in your password | =
Database | Backup | Query | New and type the following;

UPDATE Customer

SET GlobalCustomer =3D 0 WHERE AccountNumber =3D xxxxx

Press the F5 function key and you should see a message saying;
Query executed successfully:

1 records(s) affected.

xxxx is the account number you wrote down earlier.  Repeat the process =
by clicking on the SQL tab on the bottom and changing the account number =
for each customer.

When you have done all of them, close the Admin screen, saying no to =
save.

Go into Manager and delete them, if that's what you _really_ want to do, =
although I would leave them and convert them to a Global customer again =
and send them to HQ.  Customer properties | Customer Options tab | check =
Customer is a global...

--=20
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader =
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, =
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

  "Clinton Boyda" <ClintonBoyda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in =
message news:2A9FB058-2B27-40A4-AE44-6BE7594CF8FC@microsoft.com...
  Running HQ and 2 stores. version 1.2.0185
  Trying to ensure that all customers (about 20 in total) are global but =

  somehow one of the stores has a global customer that doesn't show up =
in HQ. =20
  I want to delete this odd customer.

  Store won't let me remove it because it is a global customer and if I =
try to=20
  run an HQ worksheet to delete global customers then their account =
number=20
  doesn't show up in the list.

  Suggestions?
------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C6A07D.E080C750

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Clinton,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>You are going to have to change the customer =
back to a=20
local customer.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>To do this, make a list of the Account =
Numbers for the=20
affected customers.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Go into SO Administrator | File | Connect | =
put in your=20
password | Database | Backup | Query | New and type the =
following;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#ff0000>UPDATE Customer</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#ff0000></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#ff0000>SET GlobalCustomer =3D 0 WHERE AccountNumber =
=3D=20
xxxxx</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Press the F5 function key and you should see =
a message=20
saying;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>
<P><FONT color=3D#008000>Query executed successfully:</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=3D#008000>1 records(s) affected.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=3D#008000></FONT>&nbsp;</P></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>xxxx is the account number you wrote down=20
earlier.&nbsp; Repeat the process by clicking on the SQL tab on the =
bottom and=20
changing the account number for&nbsp;each customer.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>When you have done all of them, close the =
Admin screen,=20
saying no to save.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Go into Manager and delete them, if that's =
what you=20
_really_ want to do, although I would leave them and convert them to a =
Global=20
customer again and send them&nbsp;to HQ.&nbsp; Customer properties | =
Customer=20
Options tab | check Customer is a global...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000></FONT><FONT color=3D#008000></FONT><FONT=20
color=3D#008000></FONT><BR>-- <BR>*<BR>Get Secure! - <A=20
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
</DIV>
<DIV>You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader=20
to<BR>see and download the file attachment.&nbsp; If you are not using a =
reader,=20
follow<BR>the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click on "Open =
with=20
newsreader"<BR>under the MS Retail Management System on the right.</DIV>
<DIV><A =
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz">http://tinyurl.com/75bgz</A></DIV>
<DIV>**********<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Clinton Boyda" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:ClintonBoyda@discussions.microsoft.com">ClintonBoyda@discu=
ssions.microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:2A9FB058-2B27-40A4-AE44-6BE7594CF8FC@microsoft.com">news:2A9=
FB058-2B27-40A4-AE44-6BE7594CF8FC@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Running=20
  HQ and 2 stores. version 1.2.0185<BR>Trying to ensure that all =
customers=20
  (about 20 in total) are global but <BR>somehow one of the stores has a =
global=20
  customer that doesn't show up in HQ.&nbsp; <BR>I want to delete this =
odd=20
  customer.<BR><BR>Store won't let me remove it because it is a global =
customer=20
  and if I try to <BR>run an HQ worksheet to delete global customers =
then their=20
  account number <BR>doesn't show up in the=20
list.<BR><BR>Suggestions?</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C6A07D.E080C750--

0
spam3944 (2163)

Unread deleted messages
Hi, [Outlook 2003 SP1] When I delete messages without reading them (obvious spam, for instance) they show up in my "Unread Mail" folder. Is it possible to change this behaviour? Thanks, Jan Roelof jr_de_pijper@hotmail.com <jr_de_pijper@hotmail.com> wrote: > When I delete messages without reading them (obvious spam, for > instance) they show up in my "Unread Mail" folder. Is it possible to > change this behaviour? The "Unread Mail" folder is not actually a true folder. It's a search folder which just displays all unread messages no matt...

custom pos button
can anyone help me with this line of code for adding a item with a qsrule Session.Transaction.Entries.Add(52, 4050, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0) = TransactionEntry am getting a runtime error 5 invalid procedute call or argument thanks josh Josh, If you are using the Custom POS Button to add the item set the Style = Internal Command and enter the text below into the Command: PerformAddItem 0, 4050, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0 Parameters 1. ItemID Long value that contains the ID in the database of the item to add to the transaction. If you do not know the ID of the item in the database, set this value to zero and...

can you customize a delivery notification?
Exchange 2003 on a Server 2003 OS. user A is set to Send AS user b. User b is set to not receive email. I want to send a delivery report to any user private or public, that tries to send user b an email stating why their message was not delivered and for them to call their broker. I'm needing a cusomized delivery notification. Can this be done without the purchase of expensive software? On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 12:25:02 -0700, O'Doyle Rules!! <O'Doyle Rules!!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 2003 on a Server 2003 OS. > >user A is set to Send AS user b...

Deleting rows containing common data
I have an Excel 2000 spreadsheet with 30,000 rows. The rows look like this: 007-007 68-4611 68-4682 total 007-007 total 007-007 28-4831 68-2454 68-4682 total 007-007 28-4831 68-2454 68-4682 total 007-007 28-4831 68-2454 68-4682 total 007-007 68-4682 total 007-007 68-4682 total How do I delete the rows containing "total" One way: 1. Select the range and apply an AutoFilter (Data > Filter > AutoFilter) 2. On the drop-down list, select "Total". 3. Select the range again if needed. 5. Press F5 > Special and click "Visible Cells Only." 6. Remove...

deleted email appear again
I have been using "Delete it from Server" option in Windows Mail Rules successfully for a number of years now until recently. The I noticed i began receiving mails that I have defined to be deleted from server. To further this, I used another email address defining ...

Margin Trouble with Custom Page Size
When I try to print in Publisher using a custom page size, printer or Publisher adds approx 1.5" to the top of my page margin, no matter what I do. Checked the printer settings in WordPad, all looks OK. Issue does not occur when printing on 8.5X11 page, nor does it occur in MS Word. I don't have any extra margin set in Master Page...have tried everything I can think of. Under deadline to print invitations and getting desperate...help! Thanks. How are you setting up your printer? Are you saving the custom setting? Are you setting up your printer first? What model is your pr...

Change order of fields in a report to a custom arrangement
In a report, I want to list sections in a certain way that is not alphabetical or numerical. Is there a way to do this? Curerntly, it is alphabetical as below: **Staff Section** Chief of Staff Command Counsel G1 G2 G3 Public Affairs Special Staff ** I would like for the fields to be organized as below: ***Staff Section*** G1 G2 G3 Chief of Staff Command Counsel Special Staff Public Affairs Thanks! Glen Try going to Sorting and Grouping. It is one of your buttons on the command bar. You should be able to set it anyway you wish. -- Milton Purdy ACCES...

cannot delete business unit?
Hi, I am using microsoft CRM 1.2 with demo license of Adventure works Cycle. Is there any way to delete a "Business Unit". I go to Settings -> Business Unit Settings -> Security Roles -> Business Management. The delete option for "Business Unit" and "User" is disabled there. I searched in groups and found a few discussion about deleting users which say that it is not allowed to delete mscrm users. However I did not find any reference about deletion of "Business Unit". The user guide that comes with the installation shows steps to delete a "...

Display only duplicate values and delete UNIQUE Items
All I have a very large list of data and on a monthly basis i need to display only the duplicate items in a spreadsheet. I would like to do this in VBA and then run it as a macro on the spreadsheet. Alot of the sites that i have seen only show how to removed the duplicates. Excel 2007 has a function which removed all duplicates but so far i have found nothing that only displays the duplciates.... any ideas anyone? Assuming that the field you use to determine uniqueness is column A, you can put this formula in a helper column: =3DIF(COUNTIF(A:A,A2)>1,"Duplicate","Unique&...

two decimals - remove percentage sign
Hello everyone, I have percentages that i'm displaying in graphs with data labels. I'd like to remove the % sign so it is easier to view the data labels because the graphs are small, and i'd like to do it with custom formatting because there is quite a lot of data that i dont want to convert to whole numbers. I think the best way to do this is to somehow use custom formatting in format cells -->number-->custom to multiply by 100 and display it that way. is that possible? Thanks for the help! Adam ...

How can you bulk delete failed emails?
I have a client that uses a third party to "SPAM" messages out to the public from their email list out of CRM. They just sent me an Excel spreadsheet with a list of about 30 emails that failed on the marketing endeavor. Is there a way for CRM to look up these failed email addresses and remove them from the appropriate accounts so that they do not try to send to them again? write a custom application which looks for failed emails and deletes them using crm sdk. Then use windows task scheduler or create a service to call your application on a specified period, once a day or ev...

Deleting system locked fields
Does anyone know how I can get rid of the "Is revenue system calculated?" field on the Opportunities form? We always have user-provided values, and therefore have no need for this field, but I can't delete it. Anyone know how I can get around this? You can not delete those fields. But you can change the default value to "user provided". WIth some javascipt you should be able to hide it for the users. HTH, Frederic - Travi@ta www.microsoft-dynamics-crm.eu WiLLerZ schreef: > Does anyone know how I can get rid of the "Is revenue system > calculated?"...

PST deleted
During the installation of the updates post Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, Outlook XP by the user: a contact from the address book wa opened. The card has been closed without modification. Ended the modernizations it has been restarted the computer, then has been launch the 05-054 patch of Internet Explorer. After a new restart, opening Microsoft Outlook, the system says PST was deleted! Any helps ? S. Is the PST simply renamed (possibly extension changed) or sitting in the Recycle Bin? "Nospam" <nospam@nospam.org> wrote in message news:O26RWCZBGHA.2920@tk2msftngp13....

delete permanently #2
Dear Sirs, I do not want to see some mail after deleting in Delete Items folder. Can I find any macro which can delete mail permanently? Best Regards Hi QT, please Press Shift + Del -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "QT" <web_tur@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#0mbykcaEHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Dear Sirs, > > I do not want to see some mail after deleting in Delete Items folder. Can I > find any macro which can delete mail permanently?...

Delete Messages Folder Outlook 2003
When I try to emptly the 'Delete Files' folder in outlook 2003 I get the following message: -- "This messanging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart outlook."---- I have restarted outlook several times and have re-booted my computer a few times and I get the same message. Can anyone help me to resolve this situation? Ted Jamison <Ted Jamison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I try to emptly the 'Delete Files' folder in outlook 2003 I get > the following message: -- "This messanging interface has retu...

How to customize error bars by VB code?
Hello NG, from a Visual Basic (6) project, I need to customize the error bar of a chart, to get a different value for each data point. In Excel, this is done with a range reference: ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).ErrorBar Direction:=xlY, Include:= _ xlPlusValues, Type:=xlCustom, Amount:="=Hoja1!R1C3:R2C3" but I need to do this by VB code, in order to control a OLE-Chart. Reference to the datasheet-range is not working: oGraph.SeriesCollection(1).ErrorBar Direction:=xlY, Include:=xlBoth, _ Type:=xlCustom, Amount:=oGraph.Application.DataSheet.Range("A1:A3") Any ide...

issue with ex2k7 ccr cluster and ntbackup
hi ng have a problem with my ex2k7 ccr cluster and ntbackup. because there is not a backup software available which support ex2k7, we use ntbackup for online backup. we backup every single database. the backup is running without problems and the eventlog seems to be clean but the logs will not deleted. on a single mailbox server, which hold the public folders, i see that ntbackup works fine and the logs are deleted after a succesful full backup. has anybody heard about such a behaviour? any hint will be appreciated. regards olaf Are you by chance backing up the passive cluster node with N...

Customized Admin Msg
We are running E2k3 SP2 and I was wondering if there is a way to create a auto reply to sender that are trying to send email to individual who are no longer with the company. I want to create an automatic customized message in response to any email sent to former employees. The former employee accounts have either been disabled or delete. Is there an article on this or a better way of doing it. The goal is to respond to external sender that the user is no longer with the company. On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 11:36:02 -0700, manoa <manoa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are run...

PostNcDestroy delete this; ?
So, modeless dialog boxes are recommended to call PostNcDestroy for clean up. I see how this is a way to let the object clean itself up, but I see problems. I do // create m_pDialog = new CModelessDlg; m_pDialog->Create(...); // clean up delete m_pDialog; I think my way works, and is better, because, if you use the PostNcDestroy cleanup, what happens if the above call fails in Create ? The object has been allocated using new, but window has not beeen created, and so PostNcDestroy won't be called. I can put in my DestroyWindow of the window creating the modeless dialog: CTheCreating...

Delete color row
Hi, After I compare two worksheets (VB as below) and highlight the same value with colour, now I want to delete the same value row. The comparison VB that I have worked: Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _ "=COUNTIF(New,H5)=1" Selection.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 6 How do I write VB to delete color row? Raymond ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can't programmatically check for a color produc...

Print SOP docs by customer ID
Does anyone know if there's a way to print a batch of SOP invoices (open and/or historic) by customer ID and document date? The Print Sales Document window gives me the date range option, but not the customer option. Our invoices are currently from Report Writer. Thanks, Barbara You may sort them by Document Type/Customer Number option but there is no way to restrict them for a specific customer id that I know of - you may have to write something custom. Hope this helps. On Sep 23, 11:26=A0am, Bbehen <Bbe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know if there&#...

Customize statuscode
The SDK says this field is customizable (For email) however, when I go in to add values, it is disabled. I understand that statecode is not customizable, but statuscode is supposed to be. How can I add additional values to this list? Thnaks, -Chad ...

how do I get a custom message box to open?
I have a form/subform where I need to have the event and date entered on the main form before information can be entered into the subform. How do I get a custom message box to pop up instead of the generic "You must enter a value in the ... field" when the event and date have not been entered? I think that the order I want to do things in is the following. Help with the actual VBA would be very much appreciated. - What event to use? - check to see if AtEventID is null - do I need this step? Because both the date and event fields are required, Access automatica...

Spam
It is very irritating that I can only block only one spam at a time. I can right click on a message and select Junk Email/Add Sender to Blocked Senders list. but I can't select multiples and do the same thing. The option doesn't even show up. Is there an option that will allow me to do this? I get 15 or 20 of these a day and it is very irritating to have to do it one a time. Thanks, Tom Adding spam addresses to the blocked filter is a waste of time. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.o...

Fool Proof Price Validation Custom Function
I'd like to test and see if anyone knows a better way to write this function. The goal of the function is to test if the textboxes on a userform have a valid price in them. Some prices I will or will not allow a negative price, some prices can or can not be zero, and most of all the prices need to be numeric. Does any one have a better way of doing this? I want this fool proof! Sub DataValidation() ' ensure valid price adder If ValidPrice(tbxAdderPrice, True, True) = False Then Exit Sub ' ensure valid unit price If ValidPrice(tbxUnitPrice, False, False) = F...