Deleting a store from HQ #2

We have a customer that bought a 24 store HQ license and set up 25 stores,
and now his HQ won't work because he has to many stores.  How would I go
about deleting a store to fix this situation?  Any help would be appreciated.
0
LAllison (10)
8/23/2007 7:56:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

LAllison wrote:
> We have a customer that bought a 24 store HQ license and set up 25 stores,
> and now his HQ won't work because he has to many stores.  How would I go
> about deleting a store to fix this situation?  Any help would be appreciated.

You can delete the 25° stores from databases via sql ..

cod
0
wolfcod (116)
8/23/2007 8:34:50 PM
How would I delete just one of them?  Do you have an idea as to the structure
of the query I would run?

"cod" wrote:

> LAllison wrote:
> > We have a customer that bought a 24 store HQ license and set up 25 stores,
> > and now his HQ won't work because he has to many stores.  How would I go
> > about deleting a store to fix this situation?  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> You can delete the 25° stores from databases via sql ..
>
> cod

0
LAllison (10)
8/23/2007 8:42:02 PM
LAllison wrote:
> How would I delete just one of them?  Do you have an idea as to the structure
> of the query I would run?

Yes.. but before please make a backup!

SELECT * FROM Store WHERE StoreCode = 'codeofstoretodelete'

get the AutoID and StoreID value ..

DELETE FROM Configuration WHERE StoreID = value
DELETE FROM Store WHERE AutoID = value

cod
0
wolfcod (116)

ListCtrl #2
Hello I have a bitmap background and I want my List Control to have transparency so the background goes through, Is there anyway to do this? TIA Nancy ...

Combining Cells #2
I need the easiest way to do this: I have a column with values. Sometimes there are 2 rows, sometimes 20. For another program, I need all the values in that column in one long string separated by commas. So if my orginal data is: 8766 7788 9987 What I need excel to spit out is: 8766,7788,9987 How do I do this given that my number of rows can vary. I don't mind at all copying and pasting a function in that handles this, but just not sure how to go about it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! Let's say the numbers start in A1 In B1 enter = A1 In B2 enter =B1&","&...

Need to delete roaming profile after logoff
Is there a way to delete roaming profiles off the clients after the user log offs? We don't have enough space on some workstations and need to free space when users are not on the system. The server is Win2K8, and we have clients from XP to Win7. Thanks "Allyn" <Allyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40A868B2-479B-479C-ABD6-0DB8FD691E52@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to delete roaming profiles off the clients after the user > log > offs? We don't have enough space on some workstations and need to free > space > when ...

Batch Not Posting #2
Hello all, we have an issue where when we attempt to post from several different modules it gets so far then kills great plains. we have to go into the batch recovery run the batch recovery at which time it will print the reports them GP dies again. then we have to go back into batch recovery and hit cancel on all the reports and it will them post the batch. TIA ...

excel based budgeting #2
I amusing Excel Based Budgeting, the spreadsheet is getting created, yet created blank. I know the system created the spreadhseet b/c the worksheet page 1 gets named the Budget ID that we started with. this workstation/user can export with no issue from smart list At the same time we are working on exporting the budget, on another workstaion we were processing a pretty big GL integration any ideas? ...

sequence numbers #2
how i can put sequence number after applying filter. if anyone can help me on this matter, i'll be very thankful. If your list begins in cell A1.... Insert a column and put SEQ in the "new" cell A1. Then put this formula in Cell A2 and copy down: =SUBTOTAL(3,B$2:B2) Now filter your list. That formula will count the number of non-blank, visible cells. Note the dollar sign in the formula. Cell A3 will count the non-blank, visible cells from A2:A3. Cell A5 will count them from A2:A5, etc. Does that help? -- Regards, Ron "Ashley" wrote: > how i can put se...

Delete records in a worksheet
I'm working on a simple program that lets the user enter, edit and print the data. I developed the program using Microsoft Excel 2003 with VBE. The problem is that, under Edit button I want to enable the user to edit the existing data and save as well as to save as another name. But, how to let the user delete the data in the worksheet? Example : When the user clicked on Delete button, an input box will appear as to ask which data to be deleted. When the user entered the name of the file, it will automatically delete the entire data corresponding to the filename. There are 2 datas with...

can i delete the last 3 characters in each cell in a column in 1 .
I have a column of names followed by a number. Obviously the names are of different lengths but the numbers are consistent, so i need to remove say 8 chars from the right of each filed in the column. I'm sure I have done this before but can't remember how! D'oh! In an empty column, enter this formula (assuming your names are in column A and all the numbers are 8 characters long) =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1) - 8) - works if there are no spaces between the name & numbers =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1) - 9) - works if there is one space between the name & numbers "homer" wrote:...

I deleted icons and lost sound
Have done a search and can't find anything similar - perhaps don't understand. Last night I plugged in my headphones via a USB and had no sound coming out of them. While trying options I 'disabled' three icons: a joint speaker/headphones, microphone, and another I don't remember the name. I thought I was doing what the button indicated, that is, disabling. But it seems that the disable command is an uninstall action. Now I have no sound at all and an error box telling me I have no sound device installed. I have tried updating WMP11 but am told my pc has a ...

Trim function #2
How can I have displayed the figures (cells) used, when I run a Trim function. Hi not really sure what you're rying to achieve. Could you give an example? >-----Original Message----- >How can I have displayed the figures (cells) used, when I run a Trim function. >. > When you use the TRIM Worksheet Function by itself the result is displayed in the cell. =TRIM(B1) If you want to know what B1 actually contains, you could use CODE for each byte, but easier would be Chip Pearson's Cell View -- http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm For a maco to trim all cells i...

Delete / Remove Attachments from Reading Pane in Outlook 2003?
is this possible? i could have sworn i was able to do it when i first installed outlook 2003. in the Reading Pane, the attachment would show up in the header and i would right-click the attachment and select Remove, but now the option is grayed out. it doesn't make sense for it to be grayed out if unless it was usable at one time. if it was never an option to remove attachment from the Reading Pane, "Remove" shouldn't be there on the right-click menu. i can still remove attachments by fully opening up the email and right-clicking on the attachment and selecting Remove, b...

Compare 2 rows of data and update the first
I have 2 lists both have the same data in each (account names). Th first list is the master and the second list is a new accounts list. I would like to compare the second list to the first one and if th account is not in the first list then I would like it added to list 1. The second list changes frequently so I am looking to automate thi process. I am able to do vlookups to check for matches but I am unsure of how t perform the additional tasks of updating. Is there a simple solution with formulas or do I need to insert macro/program? thank you for your time and help, Bob -- Message ...

"No more fonts may be applied in this workbook." when saved. Why? #2
"No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook." Message box when spread sheet is saved. Why? ...

not deleting tasks even after several years
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, <br><br>This is the problem that couldn't be fixed before and so I shelved Entourage. I recently un-tombed Entourage to sync with my iPad and even after trying to delete the more than 1200 tasks, most of which were reoccuring, they came back after I restarted Entourage. I am livid. I had to delete those 1200 one by one. It took over an hour. Mind you, I tried deleting these same tasks several times before I shelved the program with the same results. <br><br>If you know a way ...

Mail Store Offline
Hello Everyone, We are running Exchange 2003. Last night our Exchange server went offline from what appears to be due to our Mail Store reaching it's maximum size. This is what the Event Viewer indicated even after rebooting the server. However, when I looked at our priv1.edb file the size was under 14 GB (13,819,144 KB). This would indicate that we have not reached the 16 GB limit? I know looking at the size of this file is not the most accurate way to get the size of our Mail Store but it should indicate roughly how much space we are using. I did an offline defrag and did a Te...

Trying to delete multiple cells that contain a specific word (not equation)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I've had to export a form from QuickBooks Online to Excel so I could manipulate it. Within a column there are 115+ cells that contain a specific word that I need to delete all those cells. Is there something as easy as find and delete, rather than find and replace? I can't believe that I have to delete each cell individually. On 3/9/10 10:52 AM, JeanM@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I've had to > export a form from QuickBooks Online to Excel so I could manipulate ...

Trying to work with Transaction.DropAmount #2
I have been tasked with making an addition to the status.htm that will display a notification when the cash in the drawer has reached a particular value. I'm familiar with HTML and VB Script, but I've been going over the customization guide provided by MS and I'm a bit lost. The syntax that I see doesn't appear to be working for me or perhaps I just forgot how to do things. If anyone has any advice on how to access the values of Transaction.DropAmount or the value of cash in the cash drawer, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Andrew Handerson ...

0x800CCC0F error #2
OL2003 I have my POP and SMTP settings correct (I have run test message and it sends and receives) yet when OL automatically sends and receives, I get the above error with server responded on 553 unknown address. I have increased server timeout but still nothing, any help is appreciated It's a bit tough to know exactly what the problem is but one suggestion is that you have 2 email addresses set up; one which is working and one with erroneous settings - maybe set up by mistake when you were configuring OL. Oliver "T5" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message ne...

Show <> Records Between 2 Tables ?? (ANTI-Join)
Folks, I've got 2 tables. One has 2000 records (original) The Second has 1000 (created from the Original with 1000 records removed). There is a unique ID (which is in the Original and the Second for matching like records...the CustomerNum). I'm familiar with creating a query that would join them at the CustomerNum.... which would generate a list of records with matching CusterNums in each table) In the New Query dialog box, there's a wizard to create an Unmatched Query. That's what you're looking for. One of the tables has to be the "base" table, so you m...

Line graphs #2
I am using a line graph in Excel 2007. It has 3 variables. One of the variables, I changed to a column graph. When the data is plotted:this yr sales,last yr sales and budget, on the bottom of the graph shows dates for every week of data that I have for this year. How do you just show dates for every 4th week instead of every week. I had that in my scatter graph and I think it looks cleaner. Thanks Hi, You select the X-axis Choose Chart Tools, Format, Format Selection, Axis Options tab, Major Unit, Fixed, Days, 28. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Charles Eaves" wrote: >...

workbook macro help #2
Hello there, I would like some help with a macro that I need to run in a workbook. this is the macro. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Columns("A:Z").EntireColumn.AutoFit End Sub what or how do I get it to work for every worksheet in the workbook, I currently place the macro in each worksheet which is very time consuming. Is there a way to place the macro in the workbook so all worksheets have the autofit macro? regards Ditchy Hi ditchy, Try putting the following code into the ThisWorkbook module (replace the names of the sheets to single out as ...

exported excel charts and pdflatex #2
pdfLatex is compatible with jpg and pdf images, and real pdfs loo better than jpgs it seems. I found that the best way was to make a .p file of the chart by printing to a postscript printer, and the converting to pdf. All is done in vba (uses ghostscript) -- hk ----------------------------------------------------------------------- hke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=155 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26893 JPG is the wrong format for most charts anyway, being designed for photographic-type images with cont...

List box #2
Simple question for all you MFC guru's. How do you change the back color for a list box? Thanks >Simple question for all you MFC guru's. How do you change >the back color for a list box? Mark, Handle the WM_CTLCOLORLISTBOX notification message - in MFC this is done via OnCtlColor CTLCOLOR_LISTBOX. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

Deletion of Vacation Requests
Need a way to track vacation requests that are deleted by employee's through the Business Portal. Possible solution would be to create a status code in the hrm_vacationrequest table for deleted vacation requests instead of removing the data from the table. Clients have requested to report on the deleted vacation request or a way to trigger managers that this event has occurred. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message...

Can I delete an email file from M:?
Is it possible to delete a file/folder from the M: drive directly? Will exchange be able to track the changes? Thanks for the help ahead of time. That is not a good idea�I Strong recomend you do not directly access Exchagne IFS(M:) -- Jammy "ctrlgrid" <jkit001@yahoo.com> ���g��l��s�D :4f9d64d8.0410252347.662bbc48@posting.google.com... > Is it possible to delete a file/folder from the M: drive directly? > Will exchange be able to track the changes? > > Thanks for the help ahead of time. It is possible to do so. Not sure what you mean by will Exchange track ...