Delete button missing on HQ Global Customers list

I have a strange problem with HQ Manager. All PC's and Server are
running HQ 1.3.1002. When all but one user with admin level access
opens HQ Manager, enters maintenance mode, and clicks Database, Global
Customers, the Delete button is visible for a split second and then
vanishes. The one user that can see and use the Delete button can use
it from any PC, so it appears to be related to the user account, except
that the button is missing when running HQ Manager on the Server. As
far as I can tell, the users that cannot see the Delete button have
exactly the same permissions and level. There are no security settings
set to disable the button that I can find, and I don't think any
customization has ever been done in Set Security mode. I have tried
copying the working user account, but the copy cannot see the button.
The Delete button used to be available for the other users until
recently, but I cannot pinpoint the time that it changed or what may
have caused the change. We recently upgraded from an earlier version of
1.3, but I am not certain that is when the button disappeared. Any
ideas?

0
jknowles1 (2)
10/19/2006 7:25:33 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_0377_01C6F386.152DAD00

J,

First, update NOW!  1.3.1002 has a _serious_ bug that affects your =
pricing, on hands and committed

Second, pretty sure you can no longer delete Global Customers without =
using a 601 worksheet anymore.

--=20
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader =
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, =
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

  <jknowles@newagedigital.com> wrote in message =
[...]

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>J,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>First, update NOW!&nbsp; 1.3.1002 has a =
_serious_ bug=20
that&nbsp;affects your pricing, on hands and committed</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Second, pretty sure you can no longer delete =
Global=20
Customers without using a 601 worksheet anymore.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>*<BR>Get Secure! - <A=20
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader=20
to<BR>see and download the file attachment.&nbsp; If you are not using a =
reader,=20
follow<BR>the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click on "Open =
with=20
newsreader"<BR>under the MS Retail Management System on the right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A =
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz">http://tinyurl.com/75bgz</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>**********<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>&lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:jknowles@newagedigital.com">jknowles@newagedigital.com</A>=
&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:1161285933.880690.190890@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com">news:1=
161285933.880690.190890@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com</A>...</DIV>I=20
  have a strange problem with HQ Manager. All PC's and Server =
are<BR>running HQ=20
  1.3.1002. When all but one user with admin level access<BR>opens HQ =
Manager,=20
  enters maintenance mode, and clicks Database, Global<BR>Customers, the =
Delete=20
  button is visible for a split second and then<BR>vanishes. The one =
user that=20
  can see and use the Delete button can use<BR>it from any PC, so it =
appears to=20
  be related to the user account, except<BR>that the button is missing =
when=20
  running HQ Manager on the Server. As<BR>far as I can tell, the users =
that=20
  cannot see the Delete button have<BR>exactly the same permissions and =
level.=20
  There are no security settings<BR>set to disable the button that I can =
find,=20
  and I don't think any<BR>customization has ever been done in Set =
Security=20
  mode. I have tried<BR>copying the working user account, but the copy =
cannot=20
  see the button.<BR>The Delete button used to be available for the =
other users=20
  until<BR>recently, but I cannot pinpoint the time that it changed or =
what=20
  may<BR>have caused the change. We recently upgraded from an earlier =
version=20
  of<BR>1.3, but I am not certain that is when the button disappeared.=20
  Any<BR>ideas?<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0377_01C6F386.152DAD00--

0
spam3944 (2163)
10/19/2006 8:54:23 PM
Thanks Jeff,

I supposed that might be the case, but it is nice to get confirmation.
It was just strange to see one user that still had the button. And the
HQ Manager help has instructions on the 601 and the delete button in
different places. Thanks again, and I'll see about upgrading ASAP.