Default backup location

When backing up the database, it used to default to the previous location you
backed up to.  Since upgrading to RMS 2.0 it now defaults to My Documents and
you have to re-navigate to the appropriate location. Does anybody know how to
change it back to the way it used to be so that it defaults back to the last
location to which you backed up?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this...
Wendy
0
WendyI (37)
10/22/2007 9:03:00 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In case you don't get a better answer ....
I put a shortcut in My Docs to my backup folder. At least it is only one
extra click this way, but I will watch this thread to see if there is a real
solution.

Marc

"Wendy_I" <WendyI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When backing up the database, it used to default to the previous location
> you
> backed up to.  Since upgrading to RMS 2.0 it now defaults to My Documents
> and
> you have to re-navigate to the appropriate location. Does anybody know how
> change it back to the way it used to be so that it defaults back to the
> last
> location to which you backed up?
> Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this...
> Wendy

0
marcr (93)
10/23/2007 12:16:13 AM
You could always automate your backup using OSQL and Windows Task Schedule.
If this interests you and you need help post back and I'm sure someone would
help.
Craig

"Marc" <marcr@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> In case you don't get a better answer ....
> I put a shortcut in My Docs to my backup folder. At least it is only one
> extra click this way, but I will watch this thread to see if there is a
> real solution.
>
> Marc
>
> "Wendy_I" <WendyI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> When backing up the database, it used to default to the previous location
>> you
>> backed up to.  Since upgrading to RMS 2.0 it now defaults to My Documents
>> and
>> you have to re-navigate to the appropriate location. Does anybody know
>> how to
>> change it back to the way it used to be so that it defaults back to the
>> last
>> location to which you backed up?
>> Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this...
>> Wendy

0
craig6967 (916)

Money 2000 backup restores
Purchased a new HP Pavilion with Windows Vista today. Can not get my Money 200 backup to restore. Keeps asking for a password. I never set a password or if I did, it was years ago. The backups are on the old hard drive and I am trying to transfer. Now what? In microsoft.public.money, Brenda wrote: >Purchased a new HP Pavilion with Windows Vista today. Can not get my Money >200 backup to restore. Keeps asking for a password. I never set a password or >if I did, it was years ago. The backups are on the old hard drive and I am >trying to transfer. Now what? Typically that wou...

How do I make Internet Explorer the default browser in Outlook?
Currently when I click on a link in any Outlook message, Safari is the default browser. How do I change that to make Internet Explorer the default browser? IE\Properties\Programs -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Dan H" <Dan H@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15D7E4BB-117F-4A88-AD90-8E76D5ACCB09@microsoft.com... > Currently when I click on a link in any Outlook message, Safari is the > default browser. How do I change that to make Inte...

Check for Mail Interval & Default Font Size
I need to know how to both set the Interval that Outlook Express checks for mail AND How to set the Default Font Size for Messages - Thank You "Hwy101" <Hwy101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:243FBE7D-32E9-47B5-B96C-2E27D33860C2@microsoft.com... > I need to know how to both set the Interval that Outlook Express checks > for > mail AND How to set the Default Font Size for Messages - Thank You This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003/2007 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate prog...

how to set default date value in the Date time field
I have added an attribute of type Date Time in the form of my entity. I want to display current date as default date value. Please tell me how can i set the default date value to the current date. i got it by writing a simple javascript code. Thank u "Rama" wrote: > I have added an attribute of type Date Time in the form of my entity. > I want to display current date as default date value. > Please tell me how can i set the default date value to the current date. > ...

Backup Contacts in Outlook 2002
how do you backup the contacts folder in the address book on Outlook client 2002. .pst and .pab isn't helpful. Can anyone can help me out Why is PST not helpful? That's what you need to back up. Just do it. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Brandon.ralph" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012b01c3d242$df7eced0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > how do you backup the contacts folder in the address book > on Outlook client 2002. .pst and .pab isn't helpful. > Can anyone can help me out ...

Default printing selection
Is there a way to set the "Entire Workbook" selection in the print dialogue box as the default, instead of having to choose manually? Thanks. ...

Mode function
Hi, I'm using the following expression to return the mode of a list of numbers: =IF(H1028="","",MODE(H1028:H1031)) If the four checked cells all have values but there's no two values the same (i.e. no mode) what I need is an expression that will return me a default value of 2 rather than the #N/A error value. Thanks for looking, Steve. =IF(ISERROR(MODE(A1028:A31)),2,MODE(A1028:A31)) Regards, Stefi „Struggling in Sheffield” ezt írta: > Hi, > I'm using the following expression to return the mode of a list of numbers: > > =IF(H1028="...

mailbox backup #3
Helllo- I could really use someoens help. I have taken over some of the IT role where I work. We have an employee, who is still with us, but might be leaving soon. His mailbox is active and i would lieke to back up his messages on toa cd/dvd so that nothing gets deleted. I know I can archive like a pst, but basically want ot make acopy of all his mail and burn it on to a dvd. Can I do that. Thank you. On 1 Sep 2006 07:21:50 -0700, Peter.Angione@gmail.com wrote: >Helllo- > >I could really use someoens help. I have taken over some of the IT role >where I work. We have an employe...

why can't i browse to a location to save a flat file
Why doesn't the browse box pop up when i click on the export record button? Instead I have to type the filename and path. ...

Unrelated Default Currency
Lately, whenever I try to download bank statements, I get this message: "Your statement contained a default currency (USD) which was unrelated to the currency of the account 'xxxxxxxx'. Money does not support statements containing unrelated default currencies." I did not change anything with my file, and I've never done anything with my currencies. They have always been US dollar. This is for Money 2004. The only thing that might have affected this is that I tried using both SPB Finance & Cash Organizer in the past few months to connect my WM5 Pocket PC to Money...

One Click Backup
I own multiple computers (6 PC's; yeah I know that's too much). There should be an easier way to transfer my settings from one computer to the other. I carry around my USB everywhere with all my files so it would be great to load my settings from the USB, or have it linked to my hotmail and just load the settings there. For me to change something in Outlook, I currently have to change it 6X for everything. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "...

GP 10 SP2 SDK Location
Hello! I am trying to find the SDK updates for GP 10.0 SP2 and I can't seem to. Can some one point me to it? I am specifically looking for table changes... Thanks so much! Sharon ...

Change the default font size in Outlook
I would like to change the default font size for Outlook. I can change it for every folder (in View/Current View/Customise Current View/Other settings) one at a time but this is proving longwinded as there are lots of folders. I have also changed it in Options/Mail Format/Fonts. I have also changed the dpi setting in Windows' display settings. This makes the text nice and big... in Windows but not Outlook's folders. No matter what I change in Display Settings (including Appearance/Font size), Outlook is a law unto itself. Is there a way to change it without going through every fold...

disable default IME for a specific window...
Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to programatically disable the "Default IME" for a specific window/richeditctrl? Regards, Dave ...

exchange server 2003 backup options
Hello all, My company and I are trying to come up with a solution for having a backup system for our primary exchange server should it go down. We have a second windows 2003 standard server online. I am afraid of major complications if we just load exchange 2003 server on this other server. I am sure there must be another way to do this. Would appreciate any help on this. Thnaks, Gwen "Gwen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:1913501c44c92 $890ddda0$a401280a@phx.gbl: > My company and I are trying to come up with a solution > for having a bac...

Incorrect cost basis for non default currencies
Hi all, I am running Money 2000 italian version, and I have Euro as default currency. I bought a corporate bond in canadian dollars. After entering it in Money, I see that in the Investments/Portfolio view the cost basis column reports a value different from market value - commissions. Since a similar test bond using euro as currency reports a correct cost basis, I am wondering if the problem can be related to the currency. Has anyone else experienced similar problems? Thanks in advance Enrico Toracca ...

Save Location
At work, we do a lot of emailing of excel files to one another. If you open one via the email, the default save location is in a temporary files area. This causes issues when folks don't know where to go to get them back. I was unable to find information on changing that location. I'd rather have the folks setup a default area in their My Documents area. Anyone know how to change that setting? The Tools/Options just allows one default based on creating a new file. TIA I think that this is more of an email client issue than excel. We use Outlook 2k at work. I've never fo...

Default file location
Where do I change the setting so that when I go to File - Open, this open a specific folder. I know how to change the dafault Save location, but this doesn't seem to be the same for the default File - Open location. Using either Excel 2000 or 2002 Thanks. The "at startup, open all files in" doesnt seem to work. >-----Original Message----- >In Excel, click Tools, Options, General tab and down near >the bottom of the screen is the Default File location. > > >>-----Original Message----- >>Where do I change the setting so that when I go to File ...

Make Outlook Express the default
Just got a new computer. Used my old Basic Office 2003 disc as I wanted Word and Excel. Everything worked in the transition except now I have Outlook as the default and I want to change to Outlook Express simply because I've used it for years. This must be simple but I can't find a place to do it -- How do I change Outlook over to OE? Thanks! Remove any account information in Outlook. Set OE as the preferred email client in IE. "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0699135F-3F4F-4911-B67B-6A301A450B21@microsoft.com... > Jus...

Win XP Backup
win xp pro sp3 I have been in the habit of backing up my most important data to an external hard disk folder by folder. Only about 10gb and takes about 5 minutes. I have just looked at the built in backup program with xp pro and have never seen any reference to it in this group and wondered how many people use it. I am curious how well it works and have a couple of questions about it which are not quite clear. One of the options is to backup all information. Incidentally this shows it will take one hour thirty minutes. Under what conditions could one restore from this type...

Mouse scroll: location of dll file
I'm using the MouseHook.dll file from the Lebans website and all is working as it should. The problem I have is that my company is putting the database on our Intranet site, and the database is unable to locate the dll file as a url. Any ideas for where to put the dll file? Is there any way to put it on a shared drive? Thank you in advance! Johanna that file needs to be colocated within the folder holding the front end -- NTC "JLV" wrote: > I'm using the MouseHook.dll file from the Lebans website and all is working > as it should. The problem I have is th...

HOW DO i SET DEFAULT TEXT BOXES IN PUBLISHER
I have found MVP who created the toolbar for this, but the page will not allow me to download the toolbar. Any suggestions?? What is the URL? I can't remember a toolbar. When you are finished modifying the normal.pub and you save as: C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\normal.pub, in the save as dialogue, click tools on the right top, click add to "My Places." It will quickly be available. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/F...

Change default view of OWA folders
Is there a way to change the default view of OWA folders? I want to use 'messages'as default view. Is there a way to change the view of multiple public folders in one go? PremP ...

Change default "save picture as"
When I right click on an image and select "Save Picture as..." it always defaults as a "*.gif" type file. Does anyone know how to set a default to have it always select a "*.jpg" ? Thanks! Tony You could buy Publisher 2007 and the *save picture as* default is .png. We have a programmer guru who would know. Maybe a macro? Ask this on publisher.programming -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Tony S." <TonyS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBD55927-8405-475D...

Chart Location Choice
I have one spreadsheet with lots of charts but for some reason I cannot select the chart location. The only one allowed is "As new sheet". The alternate ""As object in" is ghosted out! what did I do wrong?? I have checked tools-option? I disabled macros? Is the sheet protected, preventing insertion of any objects. Regards, Peter T "Geoff" <Geoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:598ADFDC-9F61-40F0-AB4A-08023022BB9F@microsoft.com... >I have one spreadsheet with lots of charts but for some reason I cannot > select the chart...