Decrease inventory for Samples

I'm using POS, and need to decrease my inventory qty on hand for items I give
away as samples. Any suggestions on best way  to do??
Thanks!
0
Peter2031 (452)
1/3/2008 10:48:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Peter:

We handle this one of two ways.

1. we bring in special inventory only for samples. We don't check it in and
enter it directly into our book keeping software as an expense (as opposed to
inventory asset) . Then we give stuff away without worrying about having to
note it at the POS.

2. If it is something in our inventory already that we are handing off the
shelf, we sell it for $0.00

"Peter" wrote:

> I'm using POS, and need to decrease my inventory qty on hand for items I give
> away as samples. Any suggestions on best way  to do??
> Thanks!
Samples are taken from regular stock, so number 1 won't work.
I had thought of the second idea, probably will go with that.
Tx Jessica!

"jessica from Greencoast" wrote:

> Hi Peter:
>
> We handle this one of two ways.
>
> 1. we bring in special inventory only for samples. We don't check it in and
> enter it directly into our book keeping software as an expense (as opposed to
> inventory asset) . Then we give stuff away without worrying about having to
> note it at the POS.
>
> 2. If it is something in our inventory already that we are handing off the
> shelf, we sell it for $0.00
>
> "Peter" wrote:
>
> > I'm using POS, and need to decrease my inventory qty on hand for items I give
> > away as samples. Any suggestions on best way  to do??
> > Thanks!
0
Peter2031 (452)
1/5/2008 2:01:01 PM
Number 2 will also work, but keep in mind you'll take the hit on your sales
reports - ie you're selling at item at 100% loss so your margins will be
affected - a way around this is to set aside your samples from your standard
inventory by doing a manual adjustment to inventory (track it as "samples")
then give it away at the POS - it boils down to the dollar value of the
items, too, I guess, so if your samples are relatively inexpensive then not a
biggie selling at zero dollars....

"Peter" wrote:

> Samples are taken from regular stock, so number 1 won't work.
> I had thought of the second idea, probably will go with that.
> Tx Jessica!
>
> "jessica from Greencoast" wrote:
>
> > Hi Peter:
> >
> > We handle this one of two ways.
> >
> > 1. we bring in special inventory only for samples. We don't check it in and
> > enter it directly into our book keeping software as an expense (as opposed to
> > inventory asset) . Then we give stuff away without worrying about having to
> > note it at the POS.
> >
> > 2. If it is something in our inventory already that we are handing off the
> > shelf, we sell it for $0.00
> >
> > "Peter" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm using POS, and need to decrease my inventory qty on hand for items I give
> > > away as samples. Any suggestions on best way  to do??
> > > Thanks!
0
convoluted (621)

Account Setup Inventory
Can anyone tell me what SQL table number the "Item Account Maintenance" window uses? We are trying to change our "Damaged" account for all items in the system... Thanks! Kelly The accounts for all items appear in the Item Master (IV00101). The field you will want to update is the IVDMGIDX. You'll need to know the Account Number's index number from the GL00100 in order to update it. "Kelly Jensen" wrote: > Can anyone tell me what SQL table number the "Item Account Maintenance" > window uses? We are trying to change our "Dam...

How to reconcile Inventory to General Ledger in GP?
What is the best way to reconcile Inventory to General Ledger in GP? In other words, what reports should I run in both Inventory and GL modules to compare if values match? I was told the Inventory does match General Ledger, but I do not have any more info beyond that. So I would like to know which reports I am supposed to run and compare to locate the difference. Please advise. Thanks very much folks! The best way I normally use is the smart-list rather than the reports, I exports both smart-lists to excel and use “VLookup” function to match the transactions, and get all the differenc...

Lost Sample Picture Yosemite Valley
Hi, I'm new here and I hope someone can help. I lost the Sample Picture Yosemite Valley from my 64 bit Vista Home Premium. I checked this site plus many others without success. Could someone email me a copy or direct me to a site where I might download it. Any help would sure be appreciated. Thanks wdenegar@tampabay.rr.com -- bdenegar Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com bdenegar wrote: > Hi, I'm new here and I hope someone can help. I lost the Sample > Picture Yosemite Valley from my 64 bit Vista Home Premium. I checked > this site plus many others witho...

GL Account for Inventory stock count variance
We processed the stock count, & posted the Variance transaction it created in Inventory/Tranx/Transaction Entry. We would like to know if we can change the positive count to go into the inventory offset account but still have the negative count go to the inventory variance account? Microsoft said no, but I'm just wondering if someone has a work around? Kelly, You could create a trigger on IV10001 to perform such operation, make it reads the account from one of the item card accounts. -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79...

Not all font samples visible in drop down box.
When using the font drop down box to change fonts most of them are listed using the actual style as a sample. Some, however (i.e. Baby Kruffy, Alba, etc.) are only visible in a generic font until I actually select them. I noticed the same problem on my aunt's computer so I know I'm not alone. Any fixes out there? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Tallie Steele <talliesteele@visitcedarridge.com>... > When using the font drop down box to change fonts most of > them are listed using the actual style as a sample. > Some, ho...

Inventory price problems
A recent problem has ben found with inventory pricing. When a retail price is changed, all items in all departments are changed to the same price. When viewing the prices in inventory list, they are correct. Opening the properties window shows a different price. Oh - your issue reminds me of the really wicked pricing issue in 1.3.1003. This issue effects both HQ and SO. When you look at your item list - you see different pricing, but if you open an item, modify (or maybe not even modify) pricing, then OPK to save and open the next item, the next item will pick up the prior's price...

Mailbox individual size doesn't decrease after deleteing all messa
After receiving a Mailbox Size Warning message from the server, a few users deleted almost all their messages (1500 or so, down to 27.) However, the individual user's database size doesn't change and they continued getting size limit messages until I increased the threshold. Coming from a Lotus Notes background (I miss it so), I'm looking for an equilivent to compacting. I've read about eseutil, but is that really what I should use? I've ran the Mailbox Manager which does nothing. Am I missing some setting within MM? Or on anything else? Thanks for your help! ...

Strange inventory quantity problem
One of my items shows up on reports (inventory value list) as having quantity 10 in stock. When I check the stock in the item properties, there are 0 on hand and 0 committed. The Item table shows 0 on hand... When I do any report filtered where this item should not show, it does. The only way to get rid of the problem is to change the quantity manually to another number, save, then back to 0 and save again. I have noticed this problem with several items over the past few months. Is this a know bug? RMS 1.3.1002. 1.3.1002 is not a version you want to be running. Request the latest ho...

Wizards to make life easier! (inventory items)
Dynamics GP should have set-up wizards e.g. when creating new inventory items. This would simplify the process and help to make sure the item is properly set up. I guess setup wizards would also be relevant to other "Set up" procedures like creating vendors and customers etc. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based N...

Inventory Count/Multiple Sites
One of our customers are taking their physical inventory by making an entry to bring all quantities down/up to zero. They are then going to enter all quantities from the count into one site. They then need to remove all sites except the one that they are going to be entering the quantities into (there are over 2000 sites). My initial thought is to bring all quantities to zero, post to inventory (delete when it gets to GL), run a delete statement on the site master in SQL Server, and then add our one site back. I realize that if they have open sales orders/purchase orders they will nee...

item has been sold but still shows in Inventory
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C9F3FC.070F6F50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello Everyone, We are using GP 10.0 SP3=20 I have a serialized item that has been sold (shipped, Invoiced) but it = has not relieved the Inventory yet and still shows on hand with the = serial # which I can on the Invoice sent to the customer. Amazing I can enter another sales order, fulfill it and transfer to = Invoice and post the Invoice as well and then it relieves the Inventory. On the other s...

Adding inventory without purchase order
I run my daily "restocking report" to see what products I have to send to my store. I package those products and need to add them to the stores inventory. I don't want to create a purchase order first but rather would like to use something like a "journal entry" to add the inventory but still have RMS track this in the products history. I played around with the inventory function but find it rather basic as it does not allow inventories to be added to the stores inventory but will replace that inventory. I also tried to use the functionality of importing invent...

Inventory Table: Itemtype field?
Hi there, I have a question that I need an answer to, and I am looking for some advise… First, the question…I am trying to find the “itemtype” definition for the inventory table in GP 7.5. Does anyone know what table these are in? Looking at the data in IV00101, I see values of 1 though 5. Now, over the past 6 months, I have been developing a Macromedia Flash\ColdFusion application that connects directly to the underlying tables in Great Plains 7.5. The main purpose of the application is for human resource management and scheduling, but it has many other features besides scheduling...

Offline inventory and Physical Inventory
I assume that any inventory that is "Offline" in RMS can be ignored when doing a physical inventory. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks, Charles The off line inventory is separate from the quantity on hand, so yes - it should be ignored for the physical count. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Charles" <ccoutret@avilaretail.com> wrote in messag...

HQ Inventory Quantities
Is there anyway to produce a written report that will show individual item quantities at each store as well as a company total? I know the info is at HQ as you can view it in item properties Thanks John -- John G at the Tradewinds Shops I think the Snapshot quantity report should do that. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information. John G wrote: > Is there anyway to produce a wr...

Can I random sample from a set until every sample is selected?
does any know if sampling from a set can be done until all values are selected? random wrote on Sun, 25 Apr 2010 13:37:01 -0700: > does any know if sampling from a set can be done until all > values are selected? One way would be to have a helper column, put randbetween(1, #values) in it, replace the random numbers with values (paste special), sort and then use the rest of the values sequentially. -- James Silverton Potomac, Maryland Email, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not Certainly: Sub SelectAllRandomly() 'first row with...

BOM
We use the FIFO method for our inventory. We have some assemblies done for a few our inventory line items. When we unbuild an assembly (because we need to update some of the items in it) and than rebuild it, it brings in current cost and does not use the fifo method. This results in our inventory reconciliation being off. What do I do to resolve this issue so that everything is working off of the fifo method? ...

Import inventory?
Hi all Does anyone know of a descent method to import an excel spread sheet content into MS Money small business inventory? TIA ...

SQL tables to keep inventory serial number
Hi; I found the following table in SQL server to keep the serial number of an inventory item. IV00200 and IV30400. Can anyone tell me, which table is used to keep the sold serial number item? I want to generate a report in Crystal Report to present how many serial number item is on hand and how many is sold. I found, before the invoice posted in SOP, the serial number of the item can be found in IV00200 with different flag on a column called "SERLNSLD". Once the invoice posted, the serial number in this table is gone. Thanks! SOP10201 keeps the unposted as well as posted...

Physical Inventory Problem with Security
Hi, We have setup security on this screen, now we have this problem. We can re-commit many times on the same count, then inventory quanity will be adjusted on every commit. Without security, system works in this way, after "Calculate", "Commit" button is visible and enabled, "OK" also. After "Commit" (this count will be closed), both "Commit" and "OK" will be greyed out. But now, after "Commit", both "Commit" and "OK" are still enabled, clicking it system will do the adjustment again. If after &q...

Sample Data Installation
When trying to install the sample data, no data actually gets installed. All of the users and business units are created as well as the announcements. However, no accounts, leads, tasks, etc. are created in the database. All of the login users are created in our Active Directory. I am logged in as the domain and CRM administrator. The install goes, gets installed 100%, and says it's successful. But the data isn't in the database. Note: The database is on a different server from the CRM server. It seems like I would get an error if the data couldn't load. Has anyone else e...

2B-Inventory Giveaway
Mobile / Handheld Inventory Management & More for Microsoft Retail Management System and Microsoft Point of Sale ITEM LOOKUP, RECEIVING, TRANSFERS, PHYSICAL COUNT, CYCLE COUNTS, WORK ORDERS, PURCHASE ORDERS, LAYAWAYS, CUSTOMERS, SUPPLIERS, & MORE! Even automate HQ tasks using 2B-Inventory! The winner of the 2B-Inventory June Giveaway was Gilmore's Liquor Mart. CONGRATULATIONS!! The next drawing will be held on August 21st, 2006. ** ANOTHER CHANCE TO WIN A FREE COPY OF 2B-INVENTORY!! ** Register to win a FREE copy of 2B-Inventory and one year of free maintenance to be ...

Can I use Excel to make Inventory without using Acces?
Hi I need to make an Inventory System for Spa products, medical supply, office supply, ect...I want to trak all products and be sure nobody steal ! Can I use Excel 2003 without using Acces....or I need to use both programs ? SPAINVENTORY wrote: > Hi I need to make an Inventory System for Spa products, medical supply, > office supply, ect...I want to trak all products and be sure nobody steal ! > Can I use Excel 2003 without using Acces....or I need to use both programs ? How are you going to track what people use? Request form? Are the storage areas secure? Who will be dispens...

Inventory Batch is Stuck
I completed four Inventory Transactions and saved them to a batch. The batch is now stuck. When I go to Transactions - Inventory - Series Post - the batch is marked and it says posting. It's been saying that for about 40 minutes now. ...

Inventory Transfer In in SO -- How to import a list of items
Hi there, May I ask how can I import a list of item with qty in SO? I found that there is only a "add item" button and "Quick Scan" button, which can only add items into the transfer in order one by one... I already have a list of item on hand, how can I import it without importing one by one? (I want to do it by Transfer in but not item quantities adjustment because I need the "Transfer In" record) I can do it at HQ inter-store transfer but cannot do it at SO transfer in...please help! Andrew Maybe you can import the items with zero quantities first usin...