Daylight Saving Time & RMS

Since the daylight savings time is this weekend, should I expect to have the
PC's that have RMS running on them adjust the Win XP Pro clock manually. The
reason, I am asking is that these PC's are on an internal IP and are not
connected to the internet and do not get updates or synchronization to the
clock server.
0
Tom7430 (437)
3/9/2007 3:55:10 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Mar 9, 10:55 am, Tom <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Since the daylight savings time is this weekend, should I expect to have the
> PC's that have RMS running on them adjust the Win XP Pro clock manually. The
> reason, I am asking is that these PC's are on an internal IP and are not
> connected to the internet and do not get updates or synchronization to the
> clock server.

You should update your Windows XP install using the Daylight Savings
Time patch. Only takes about 1 minute to install.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=66F1420C-DF2D-400B-A8A9-EF9061A9A3CA&displaylang=en
Or google "windows xp daylight savings patch"
Its only 501k, so it will fit on a floppy disk.

Matt @
OBIWholesale.com

0
almityone (6)
3/9/2007 4:20:31 PM
Tom
Unless you do the windows updates, yep, you will need to adjust for
daylights saving time.
I hate the spring forward one, ugh.

"Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Since the daylight savings time is this weekend, should I expect to have
> the
> PC's that have RMS running on them adjust the Win XP Pro clock manually.
> The
> reason, I am asking is that these PC's are on an internal IP and are not
> connected to the internet and do not get updates or synchronization to the
> clock server.

LOL
I haven't used  a floppy disk in easily 3 years.
USB thumbs the only way to go....;-)
Mike

<almityone@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Mar 9, 10:55 am, Tom <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> Since the daylight savings time is this weekend, should I expect to have
>> the
>> PC's that have RMS running on them adjust the Win XP Pro clock manually.
>> The
>> reason, I am asking is that these PC's are on an internal IP and are not
>> connected to the internet and do not get updates or synchronization to
>> the
>> clock server.
>
> You should update your Windows XP install using the Daylight Savings
> Time patch. Only takes about 1 minute to install.
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=66F1420C-DF2D-400B-A8A9-EF9061A9A3CA&displaylang=en
> Or google "windows xp daylight savings patch"
> Its only 501k, so it will fit on a floppy disk.
>
> Matt @
> OBIWholesale.com

Time Zone chagnes in 2003
I have read some articles about changing your time zone without effecting the times of appointments by exporting and reimporting, but all these KB's seem to apply to previous versions. Is this still the only way to accomplish this in 2003? And if so what will I loose if I do this (any effect on reoccurrence, linked contacts, categories, labels, locations, show time as, and all day events)? Or does anyone know of any way to do this easier (with a 3rd part app perhaps)? Thank you! it works for all versions. AFAIK, you won't loose anything, but you can try it with a few to see ...

Embedded PDF object in web page: OneNote is launching and opening PDFs at the same time as Adobe Reader
I have a Windows 2008 Server machine with Office 2007, Adobe Reader 9, and IE8 installed. When opening a web page with an embedded PDF control (using <object> tag and Adobe Reader's CLASSID) in IE8, the PDF appears properly in the Adobe PDF control embedded in the web page, but at the same time, OneNote launches separately and opens the same PDF. How do we stop OneNote from doing this? We have XP Pro machines with Office 2007, Reader 9, IE8 that do not exhibit this behavior. -- Paul -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > I have a Windows 2008 Serv...

using macro to save a file produces runtime error 4198
I upgraded from Win-XP/Office 2003 to Win-7/Office 2007; the code below ran fine in Word 2003 but in Word 2007 generates runtime error 4198. The variables and directory location are valid. The parameters for FileName are updated for Word 2007; the grammer for the FileName appears correct (no grammer errors when macro runs as is, but grammer errors if I change the string.) When I substitute an actual file name in place of the variables, the code runs w/o error, but the Debug.Print statements generate correct strings. I feel kind of dumb- but what is different about use of variab...

Custom dat & time code
Does anyone know if it's possible write a custom cell-format code that=20 would look like the one Excel provides (mm/dd hh:mm AM/PM) but sets the=20 time in red? I've tried "mm/dd [RED]hh:mm AM/PM," but whenever I save = it,=20 Excel moves the red bracket to the beginning of the code so the whole = thing=20 is red. Help! Any ideas? I don't think you can. You can't format formulas like this (character by character). And you can't format numbers this way, either. (Anyway, I couldn't do it.) Wuddus wrote: > > Does anyone know if it's possible ...

Properties of external saved emails
Hello all, I want to save my emails of outlook on a server drive. This works fine but with following problem: All properties are gone, the creation date is the date I saved the massage external and I have a hard time to find a specific email. Why are the properties of outlook gone when I save it external? Does anyone a answer for this? Or can I save the properties anyhow? Please understand I don't want to do it manually. You ask probably why does the guy want to save the files external. He can let it in outlook and he is fine. Unfornatly NO. For several reasons: - My pst file wi...

Automated SMS messages from RMS
Have a strange enough request from a customer. They are an apparel store and take orders for alterations etc. They would like RMS to automatically send an SMS message to the customers cell phone when the alteration is done. Does anyone know of an add-on that can do this? Add this stored procedure to their database, making mods as necessary. It uses the built-in CDOSYS to send mail. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312839 Then add an UPDATE trigger to the proper table (order?) to fire the SP upon record update and send out the message. It's actually pretty easy. "Gaz" <...

RMS should have auto log off if system is idle
it would be nice to have auto log off if the system is idle for a specific amout of time ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=555af75d-267a-4ecf-8296-9da84065f19...

Error when I try to save doc with equations in 2007
I am a math student and I frequently use Word 2007 to write up my assignments with the new equation feature. Lately I have been having trouble in that when I try to save it gives me a file error For example: "A file error has occured (c:\...\doc1.docx)" ...

Saving Visio files as JPG files?
I am currently working on a network documentation project and have succesfully saved single page files a JPG files. One documented region of the network is a large file with multiple pages of information in one file. I have tried to copy each page one by one to Word,JPG or PDF. When I try this there is nothing displayed. I am wondering why the single page visio files will perfom this transition where the multi-page files will not even when copied out a page at a time. Does anybody know if there is a known issue or workaround for this. TW, Exporting as EMF usually creates smaller file sizes i...

Recovering old versions of saved files
Is it possible to recover an old version of an Excel file after saving it without changing the file name? Autorecover is on. Thanks for any help! "=?Utf-8?B?U3B5ZGVy?=" wrote... >Is it possible to recover an old version of an Excel file after saving it >without changing the file name? Autorecover is on. No. That's what backups are for. Now you know why you need backups. -- To top-post is human, to bottom-post and snip is sublime. "Spyder" <Spyder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Ok, thanks. I am fully aware of the importance of backups; howeve...

Font sizes not saving (W2007 opening document originally created in W2003)
Hello, I have a 375 page document originally created in W2003 (or perhaps W2000). It was creeated with a Normal style of TNR 10 pt. Everytime I open it I have to change the font size from 11 pt back to 10 pt. When I modify, the radio button for "Only in this document" is checked but the changes don't keep. I really don't want to change my Normal template for new documents, but I'd like the font size to be retained. Am I missing something simple or do I have to mess with templates? Thanks, CJ This should not be happening unless you have "Automat...

Time formatting issues
I am nearly finished working on my latest project, a data entry GUI in VBA (2003), and have run into difficulties dealing with time values. Brief project background: It is a simple data entry form which takes various bits of flight data and enters them onto a spreadsheet. The key entries I'm having trouble with are 'Time' values. Two fields are automatically populated with the appropriate 'Departure' and 'Arrival' times based on a 'ListIndex' run during initialization, which allows values for the 'Flight Numbers'. An 'If...Then' stat...

SBS2008 - Activesync
Just put a whole bunch of users onto SBS2008 today and configured their mobiles. They really *hate* that their mobile handsets are locking after a short period of inactivity. Is it down to this policy setting ? Activesync - Maximum inactivity time lock 15mins They either want this lengthening considerably or want it disabling altogether. They want to choose when they want to lock their phones. What's the score regards this ? They want it to work the same as it did on their old SBS2003 server. Jim wrote: > Just put a whole bunch of users onto SBS2008 toda...

[VC8] Why is MFC File Open/Save dialog no longer resizable?
Hi, In VC6, MFC apps used resizable file open/save dialogs by default. In VC8 (and VC7 AFAIK), those dialogs are no longer resizable. Why? ...

create .tmp files when saving
Am having a problem with several of my dell machines running window xp professional and office xp pro. when users open an excel file, make a change and save it, then go back in the file, many times it says the file can be open in read only because the file is in use. it then creates a copy of the file using the .tmp as an extension. Why is this happening so frequently. any help would be appreicated. collin Hi Collin Try this first Reboot first and then Delete all the files and subfolders in your \Windows\Temp directory (Win95/98/ME), or your \Documents and Settings\<user>\loc...

Where do I find "save as..." in MS Office 2007 ?
Sorry, but I did not found "save as..." menu in Office 2007. I only found in the upper left corner a flopy icon which represent a "save" but not a "save as...." So where is "save as..." (with files selction dialog) hidden in Office 2007? Camille Click the Office button (the round "pizza icon" in the upper left corner of the screen) and then click Save As. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Camille Petersen" <cpet_magnus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4baf94cc$0$6768$9b4e6d93@newsspool3.arcor-onlin...

Error on Saving appointments
Hi.. When I am creating a new appointment and saving it, I am getting the following error :- "The requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it. General failure in scheduling engine" Can someone please tell me why I am getting this error. Regards Rahul Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Break the Roles in SharePoint Lists http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/c3ac8915-3861-4406-bec7-42f2d9110d79/break-the-roles-in-sharep.aspx ...

Word 2007 Show Markup checkmarks and Date/Time Issue
Hi, I have a new HP desktop computer and finally got Word 2007. I have two questions. In the Review section of Word 2007, the Show Markup subsection has checkmarks for ink, comments, etc. as the default selection. Is there any way to change this default and uncheckmark them so it isn't automatic? I have looked everywhere online for a solution and can't find one. Second, in the bottom right-hand corner of my monitor, the time is showing as usual. However, when I first got my computer (last week), it also showed the date (I loved this feature). After re-starting my compute...

Field name derived from a string value returns a Run-time error 2465.
I have two labels on a form and want to populate them during the run time of my form. The name of the labels are "1" the other is called "2" (without the quotes of course). Field 1 runs OK but two returns a run-time error 2465. Of course, the real form is much bigger. A lot of fields called 1 through 31 are populated from within a loop. To simplify my question I down sized this post to two label fields. Any one know how to solve the problem with label "2"? Any help or hint is appreciated. ' This works OK Me![1].Caption = "abc"...

Saving pictures to My Pictures
Hi, I have Publisher 2002, Windows XP. I've worked with Publisher for years so I'm pretty comfortable with how it works. My question is about saving pictures. 99% of the pictures I edit in Publisher are then saved in designated folders in My Pictures. No matter if I select File, Save As or right-click and select Save as Picture, I always have to follow the same procedure: 1. Save My Documents 2. Select file "My Pictures" 3. Select designated project folder 3. Change type from gif (default) to jpeg I've gone into Tools, Options to modify these settings and so far I...

Creat a chart to show peak usage times for a resource
I'm no genius at Excel (2002 or 2003)and I could really use some help on the best way to display some data I have. What it shows is the usage of a training drop-in room, with details of the arrival time and period spent / per user / per day. There seems far too much data to put into a chart in any way that I can think of, but I really would like to be able to illustrate the spread and volume of clients throughout each day. Please can anyone give me simplistic information on how best to creat this as a visual report so that we can easily summarise usage information? Any ideas would be ap...

How do I add time when some of the increments are less than an ho
Please put your question in the body of your message. The question you asked (assuming you meant "hour" rather than "ho") is very broad. ...

Common Bug
Hi, Im running word 2007 on windows 7 ultimate. When an image is inserted into a document and is larger than the current page it is automatically reduced in size to fit the page. Save the document, close it, reopen it and there will be unwanted black lines on the top and left hand edge of the image (like a black border on those sides). I think it is the auto resizing that causes it. If you search google there are a bunch of people with the same problem although i didnt find anyone identify it as due to the auto resizing. e.g. http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.word.docmanag...

Formula for cycle time
Hi, I need a formula to determine cycle time... actually to calculate the number of days from the date in one cell to the date in the other and put it in a third cell... thank you! JBell XL stores times as integer offsets from a base date, so you can use regular math functions: =A2 - A1 In article <1bf6e01c45232$5564ac40$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "JBell" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > I need a formula to determine cycle time... actually to > calculate the number of days from the date in one cell to > the date in the other and p...