Database Connection Lost

We have been having this error message:

Database connection lost, application will be closed.
Error #-2147467259
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionWrite (WrapperWrite()).]General network error.
(Source:  MIcrosoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server)
(SQL State: 08S01)
(NativeError:  11)

SELECT GETDATE() AS CurrentDateTime

I searched the newsgroup, and followed some of the recomendations, but this
is happening at a frequency that is not good for business.
Has anyone encountered this, or know of any steps to troubleshoot?
Is it hardware/software?

Thank you for your help.
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Jeff@checkpoint has answered this question so many times it's starting to
sound like a bad country song.  See his latest post: Re: RMS and PcCharge
Payment Server from 4/9/10, thanks.

"ScottM" <ScottM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have been having this error message:
>
> Database connection lost, application will be closed.
> Error #-2147467259
> [DBNETLIB][ConnectionWrite (WrapperWrite()).]General network error.
> (Source:  MIcrosoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server)
> (SQL State: 08S01)
> (NativeError:  11)
>
> SELECT GETDATE() AS CurrentDateTime
>

> I searched the newsgroup, and followed some of the recomendations, but
> this
> is happening at a frequency that is not good for business.
> Has anyone encountered this, or know of any steps to troubleshoot?
> Is it hardware/software?
>
> Thank you for your help.

0
Matt
4/12/2010 2:28:48 PM
Thank you for the response, I have Jeff's very helpful guide.  I followed the
steps he provided.

The only thing, is that SQL Server 2005 doesn't appear to be on every
register, and on one of the registers, it shows nothing in the client
protocols.  It won't let me into surface area config...gives me an error
"Could not load file or assembly "Microsoft.SqlServer.CustomControls."
Also, in the SQL Server Service Manager, on some POS stations it lists
twice, one as the name and another with \MSSMLBIZ, the other ones are
MSSQLServer.
I came into an existing RMS setup, I'm trying to make things run smooth.  We
had to replace PCs and install RMS, I'm wondering if this is the issue.

Jeff's guide is perfect, if I had things setup right in the first place.

Thanks for your help.

"Matt Hurst" wrote:

> Jeff@checkpoint has answered this question so many times it's starting to
> sound like a bad country song.  See his latest post: Re: RMS and PcCharge
> Payment Server from 4/9/10, thanks.
>
> "ScottM" <ScottM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have been having this error message:
> >
> > Database connection lost, application will be closed.
> > Error #-2147467259
> > [DBNETLIB][ConnectionWrite (WrapperWrite()).]General network error.
> > (Source:  MIcrosoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server)
> > (SQL State: 08S01)
> > (NativeError:  11)
> >
> > SELECT GETDATE() AS CurrentDateTime
> >

> > I searched the newsgroup, and followed some of the recomendations, but
> > this
> > is happening at a frequency that is not good for business.
> > Has anyone encountered this, or know of any steps to troubleshoot?
> > Is it hardware/software?
> >
> > Thank you for your help.
>

> .

On the workstations that are missing some components, try uninstalling an
reinstalling POS.

> Thank you for the response, I have Jeff's very helpful guide.  I followed
> the
> steps he provided.
>
> The only thing, is that SQL Server 2005 doesn't appear to be on every
> register, and on one of the registers, it shows nothing in the client
> protocols.  It won't let me into surface area config...gives me an error
> "Could not load file or assembly "Microsoft.SqlServer.CustomControls."
> Also, in the SQL Server Service Manager, on some POS stations it lists
> twice, one as the name and another with \MSSMLBIZ, the other ones are
> MSSQLServer.
> I came into an existing RMS setup, I'm trying to make things run smooth.
> We
> had to replace PCs and install RMS, I'm wondering if this is the issue.
>
> Jeff's guide is perfect, if I had things setup right in the first place.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> "Matt Hurst" wrote:
>
>> Jeff@checkpoint has answered this question so many times it's starting to
>> sound like a bad country song.  See his latest post: Re: RMS and PcCharge
>> Payment Server from 4/9/10, thanks.
>>
>> "ScottM" <ScottM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > We have been having this error message:
>> >
>> > Database connection lost, application will be closed.
>> > Error #-2147467259
>> > [DBNETLIB][ConnectionWrite (WrapperWrite()).]General network error.
>> > (Source:  MIcrosoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server)
>> > (SQL State: 08S01)
>> > (NativeError:  11)
>> >
>> > SELECT GETDATE() AS CurrentDateTime
>> >

>> > I searched the newsgroup, and followed some of the recomendations, but
>> > this
>> > is happening at a frequency that is not good for business.
>> > Has anyone encountered this, or know of any steps to troubleshoot?
>> > Is it hardware/software?
>> >
>> > Thank you for your help.
>>

>> .

0
Matt
4/12/2010 5:45:43 PM
We had a client with the same connection lost issue on any card transactions.  We tried all the suggestions by Microsoft including verify SQL Client Network settings.  Still had the error.

We came across http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952287.  Discussed it with Dynamics support and installed.  We are running RMS 2.0, SQL 2008 Express R2 which isn't fully supported.  We applied for the hotfix and installed.

So far so good.  I'll repost if it re-surfaces.

> On Monday, April 12, 2010 10:15 AM ScottM wrote:

> We have been having this error message:
>
> Database connection lost, application will be closed.
> Error #-2147467259
> [DBNETLIB][ConnectionWrite (WrapperWrite()).]General network error.
> (Source:  MIcrosoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server)
> (SQL State: 08S01)
> (NativeError:  11)
>
> SELECT GETDATE() AS CurrentDateTime
>

> I searched the newsgroup, and followed some of the recomendations, but this
> is happening at a frequency that is not good for business.
> Has anyone encountered this, or know of any steps to troubleshoot?
> Is it hardware/software?
>
> Thank you for your help.

>> On Monday, April 12, 2010 10:28 AM Matt Hurst wrote:

>> Jeff@checkpoint has answered this question so many times it is starting to
>> sound like a bad country song.  See his latest post: Re: RMS and PcCharge
>> Payment Server from 4/9/10, thanks.

>>> On Monday, April 12, 2010 1:04 PM ScottM wrote:

>>> Thank you for the response, I have Jeff's very helpful guide.  I followed the
>>> steps he provided.
>>>
>>> The only thing, is that SQL Server 2005 does not appear to be on every
>>> register, and on one of the registers, it shows nothing in the client
>>> protocols.  It will not let me into surface area config...gives me an error
>>> "Could not load file or assembly "Microsoft.SqlServer.CustomControls."
>>> Also, in the SQL Server Service Manager, on some POS stations it lists
>>> twice, one as the name and another with \MSSMLBIZ, the other ones are
>>> MSSQLServer.
>>> I came into an existing RMS setup, I am trying to make things run smooth.  We
>>> had to replace PCs and install RMS, I am wondering if this is the issue.
>>>
>>> Jeff's guide is perfect, if I had things setup right in the first place.
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help.

Won't connect to Windows Live
I have just installed Money 2007 Deluxe on my Vista Ultimate machine and when I go to sign into my Money file it keeps telling me that I need to be connected to the internet to sign in. I have a high speed connection and I'm online all day long. I can bring up a web browser and sign into my Windows Live account without a problem. After I installed and tried to run Money I got prompted for an update which I had it install. Has anyone else encountered this issue. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Greg Zygadlo wrote: >I have just installed Money 2007 Deluxe on my Vista Ultima...

Lost a UI feature in Money 2004
Hopefully someone can help me....when I bring up the Manage scheduled bills and deposits screen, it used to show at the bottom a smaller subset of the bills that were recently paid. That seems to have gone away, how can I get it back? I know I can click on "View electronic transactions" and I see them all on a separate screen, this was on the same screen. Thanks! ...

Exchange 5.5 and Too many connections
Hi all, I am currently trying to get an issue solved with Exchange 5.5 having too many connections open, causing delays. I run Exchange 5.5 and have the ports opened up to accomadate more connections but it still occurs. We have Ihatespam gateway edition routing email. I've tried lowering it's spam threshold to delete more junk rather than just pass it along into special Exchange mailbox folders which I hope will help. I am wondering what others may have done to solve the issue, either a software/hardware solution that uses global black lists to block known open relays or just ...

emails being lost
Hi we run an SBS2003 server with exchange. We also have GFI Mail essentials One student is sending us an email with an attachments. I can see that GFI are receiving the email and processing it OK if I then look at Exchange Tools > Message Tracking Centre, I can see the email. there are 5 entries: SMTP: Message submitted to advanced queue SMTP: Started message submission to advanced queue SMTP: Message submitted to catagorizer SMTP: Message catagorized and queued for routing SMTP: Non-delivery report generated. Can some tell me what is happening please? This student can send messag...

Database support and CFormView
I am having two seperate questions about MFC, 1) If I don't specify database support options when a new project is created. Do I have a second chance to add database support later. Because I haven't set up the server yet and it needs to test the connectivity. In case I leave it to the last moment, is it possible to re-specify explicitly to use Database support. 2) Can I use a form to contain a direct3d appliation? Thanks Jack "Jack" <jl@knight.com> wrote in message news:<O4s6udkyEHA.260@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>... > I am having two seperate questions about MFC,...

Database will not open 03-24-10
Using Access 2003 under Windows XP. I know enough about Access to know I don't know enough. Unfortunately, the person who originally created this database has been sent to Afghanistan for a year, so I am trying to help out our end user. Database ends in .ade (I'm used to .mdb extension) and will not open. When the user doubleclicks on the document, Access tries (really hard) to open but then closes right back up. Does anyone have any suggestions? An ADE is the compiled version of an ADP (Access Data Project) which is a special front-end to a SQL-Server back-end. ...

ODBC connection string
Hi! I use a Database of MDB type, and OleDbConnection object to connect. my connection string: "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=AlcaDB.mdb;Password=april;User ID=Admin;"; Error message I receive:'Can't start your application. the workgroup information is missing or opened exclusively by another usef'. I have a local computer, and no network I use. password is the right Try this : "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; dbq= c:\\mydb.mdb; pwd=mypwd" KC "Milan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Outlook 2007 Connection takes 2 minute
We have user (remote office where we have Instagate VPN Router so user is connected using VPN connection) on Dell Laptop Latitutde E6500 with Windows XP SP3 OS and MS office 2007 with latest update. When he opens his outlook 2007 it takes 2 mintues (sometime 3 minutes) to connect to Exchange Server while other users in his office have no problem they are connected in 30 seconds. I googled it but could not find right solution. Thanks, ...

LDAP connection to Exchange 5.5
Hello, I am trying to establish an LDAP connection to my exchange server using LDP.EXE. I can connect to the server on 389, and when I then bind, I get the following: res = ldap_bind_s(ld, NULL, &NtAuthIdentity, 1158); // v.3 {NtAuthIdentity: User='$me'; Pwd= <unavailable>; domain = 'london'.} Authenticated as dn:'$me'. If I then go to Browse, choose search, leave the base DN as blank, set (objectclass=*) as the filter, and set the Scope to Subtree, I would expect to get a list of items returned. Instead, I get this: ***Searching... ldap_search_s(ld, &...

Access 2007 compact database
there are some over night schedule to compact databases by "access n:\abc.accdb /compact" i find if the database is stored at network drive, the database cannot be compact by command mode or Access window application. now i have to copy them to local drive and then compact and then copy back to network drive. Thanks. tony Hi Tony, Have you tried going in using VBA? Maybe take a look at the DBEngine.CompactDatabase Method. You are still copying the file but you can automate the process, assuming you have the necessary permissions. Hope this helps, Gordon "Tony WO...

Internet browsing capability lost
Hi sbs 2003 premium with isa 2004. We have suddenly started to get the events given at the end below and we have lost ability to browse web. As no change has been made to server and no new program has been installed its difficult to imagine that another program may be competing for ports 80/8080/443 and cause this issue. What could be the problem and how can we fix it? I can connect via vpn but not rww. Thanks Regards ======================= Event Type: Warning Event Source: Microsoft ISA Server Web Proxy Event Category: None Event ID: 14148 Date: 18/01/2010 ...

Database detach problem
Hi group, I need to write a script which automatically restores latest backup to test DB. In case that test DB is in use I first have to detach it. I write these scripts: USE master; ALTER DATABASE TestDB SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE; GO USE master GO sp_detach_db 'TestDB' GO And here I get an error that "TestDB" is in use and cannot be detached. I think that the first script should resolve this problem, but why it is not? SQL Server 2008 BR, Mindaugas Just curious , why not using BACKUP\RESTORE commands? "Mindaugas&quo...

Message Rules Get Lost?
When I move my .pst file or restore from backup all the rules no longer work. The Rules are still there, and the folder to which the messages are being moved to is also valid, but the error is that the folder doesn't exist. So I have to go in and re-set the folder parameter for the rule to work. What can I do to prevent this? Or, what can I do to re-initialize all the rules? Thanks, -Bob Outlook 2003 XP Pro You shouldn't have to do that if PST file name & path stay the same. Rules use the full PST name & path for folder reference, at least as far as I know. "B...

CRM 3.0 Workflows Lost...
Hi everyone, We have a client (still on 3.0) that recently (accidentally) deleted their CRM 3.0 db Virtual Server on which we had numerous custom Sales Processes and WF rules, many of which were not backed up. They have since re-created their development environment on a new set of servers, but we only have the WF Rules and Sales Processes that were in their Production environment. The original CRM Application Development Server still exists (as well as the Workflow manager on which the "lost" workflows were created). I'm wondering if these workflows are stored anywhere...

Please Help! Lost all contacts from Windows Live Mail Desktop on W
A family member (who I been roped into free tech support for) has suddenly lost all his contacts from Windows Live Mail Desktop. He said one minute there all there, and an hour later he goes to send an email and they're all disappeared. All his emails and storage folders are still there. Only the contacts are missing. He's running Windows 7 Home Premium and Windows Live Mail Desktop (Build 14.0.8089.0726). I've googled the issue but couldn't find an answer. He's stuff I've already tried: - He doesn't have a Windows Live account, so there's...

Exchange databases
I have a server (SBS2003) priv1.edb 7.8Gb priv1.stm 9.3Gb The date stamp on the edb file seems to change only once a month or so! Is this normal (other server have fairly small edb files) Using NTBackup All clients are Outlook 2007 (only 1 or 2 users use webaccess ocassionally) I there something that I need to do with server ?! Server seems OK but several other SBS Servers have MUCH smaller .stm files and larger edb file.. EDB and STM are different parts of the private store, and I don't see any problem with either one being larger than the other - they just...

Moving A CRM (v3.0) Database
Moving A CRM (v3.0) Database If you are thinking of moving your CRM database to another server in the same domain I thought I would just write down my experiences of this process that may help others when they have to do the same. The Scenario: We had a CRM system running on one machine (CRM, IIS, SQL Server, ReportServer) and wanted to move the database to a better machine to help with the performance improvement on the CRM system. We didn’t want to have too much down-time and didn’t want to have to go through the joy of reinstalling CRM. The Solution: Having done a bit of research ...

Name could not be resolved. The connection to Microsoft Server is
How do I solve this? I tried deleting the account from: control panel > mail Outlook will not start in safe mode either. Name could not be resolved. The connection to Microsoft Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action I couldn't delete email or data accounts but after deletign the default profile and allowing Outlook to configure automatically the issue resolved itself. "brainstewn" wrote: > How do I solve this? > > I tried deleting the account from: control panel > mail > Outlook will not start ...

Connection Schedule
In HQ, I have changed my connection schedule for each store. However the changes are not evident at each store location. What am I not doing? Thanks. V 1.3. My understanding is that the new connection schedule downloads on the next regularly scheduled connection....did you make this change at HQ more than a few days ago and have the store(s) connected every day....? "Steve" wrote: > In HQ, I have changed my connection schedule for each store. However the > changes are not evident at each store location. What am I not doing? Thanks. > V 1.3. I changed it over a we...

ISAPI cannot find the database
Hi, I'm writing an ISAPI that access a MS-Access DB. The DLL is on directory /scripts or the server and the database is on directory /data. The trouble is that the actual address on the disk doesn't follow the IIS structure. The DLL is on my VC++ project directory and the database is on another database directory. Just to explain better: According to IIS Homepage: localhost Scripts: localhost/scripts Data: localhost/data On the actual disk Homepage: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot Scripts: My Docs\VCProjs\web\Release Data: My Docs\Access\DBs What s...

Securing my database!
Am I crazy or could this be Done!! My MS Access Database has a Form Called [frmCompanyInfo] their is say 4 fields That's have to have data CompanyName BankName BankAddress BackAccount BankAccNumber Would it be possible to have a module that would take say the 2 digit or letter turn it into a number times it by say 753 which would have to be entered on that form the data base to be operational, the Module would be password protected to find out what its doing, if the 2 space was blank it would default to a number say 9............Anybody's thoughts would be appreciated.......Just...

Try to open table get this error
The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query <name>. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly. (Error 3078) This is the full error I get when I try to open a table. I tried compace repair and that did not work. thanks -- Bonni Bonni, How are you trying to open the Table? By double-clicking on it? By a query? Through Design Mode? Have you tried copying the Table to another name and openning the new table? Steve PS. Hope you have a good backup of the database? If not make one. If you can just highlight the database and do a contr...

lost budget
Twice now in the past two weeks, Money seems to have blown my budget or parts of it out of the water. Where I spent hours and hours plugging in amounts and even used the budget for a few weeks, now the budget has re-set many categories back to 0. Any body know why ...

Dynamics GP will not open while connected to internet
Laptop running vista with Dynamcs GP 9.0 loaded, SQL 2005. While connected to internet, Dynamics GP will not launch - it just hangs with no error except "not responding". Close internet connection and then launch GP and Dynamics GP is fine. Open Dynamics and then connect to the internet and GP is fine. Any ideas on how to fix? Thank you in advance for any assistance. cheers. Hi, This sounds like a networking issue rather than anything GP specific. Have you checked that you are correctly resolving the ip address of the sql server when you are connected to the internet? ...

You do not have exclusive access to the database at this time....
I am developing an Access 2000 application that is split into a front end and a back end and makes use of User-Level Security. The whole thing will be distributed to several users, who will each run it independently on their own PCs (ULS is only exploited to enable identification of the user and trigger some user-specific code). When testing on my own PC, if I logon as one of the other users I get the following error message, "You do not have exclusive access to the database at this time. If you proceed to make changes, you may not be able to save them later". Am I right in th...